Mobile Phone Web Access

What is the best approach for writing a page that smart phones will be
accessing?  Emulators? Etc...  This is a new approach for me.

Thanks!
0
Dave

CRM Mobile / Mobile Express
I'm stuck with a few questions here: - are these two different products? - I'd like to know if it can be used with ANY language version of CRM 3.0 server (as I'm not using the english version). - if an entirely new form is build in CRM 3.0 server, will that page then be available on CRM Mobile? Who can answer these questions? Regards 1. Yes, two different products 2. Microsoft CRM Mobile is available in English, German, French, and Spanish. 3. Build a new form in Microsoft CRM, do you mean a new View? The Views are not the same. However, you can access the fields inc...

How do I use Excel or Access or a combination of both to track an.
I would like to come up with a posting journal using either Excel or Access or a combination of both to track the dues of a non-profit organization. In using this I want to keep track of outstanding balance. I want to be able to use Word to prepare an invoice that I can either mail to the address or e-mail. I would like for the balance adjusted as each payment is made. Once all dues are paid then show it as paid in full. Thanks, Are you familiar with VBA - the office macro language? You can use this to automate word, excel, outlook, access, etc to talk to one another. Your question...

Excel and Access merge
Is it possible to take data from Access and link it to Excel? I have two groups that I am working with and one uses Excel and one uses Access and we would like all the data to end up in Excel without having to rekey. Thanks for the help. Todd Try using MsQuery to import the data from Access. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046001c3c961$6d9f6840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to t...

Should We convert to Access 2007
Hello, We have several complex applications developed in Access 2003 by various outside consultants. These applications link to a variety of Oracle tables and are used only for Access reports. User level security is also built in via the mdw workgroup file for all applications. I've been asked to research how viable it is to convert all of these applications to Access 2007. I understand 2007 discontinued user level security via the mdw file. On one hand, I see that Microsoft advises NOT to convert to 2007 if you need user level security: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA10...

Exporting Access into Excel workbook
Is there a way to export an access report into excel workbook where data is broken out onto multiple spreadsheets? Please help. Thank you!! In the absence of another reply ..... I think not. In my opinion you would be better off exporting sets of data from th *original Access table* to Excel - or using Data/Get External Data i Excel. I am currently experimenting with a similar job where it is necessar to have an Access table containing worksheet names linked to the mai table to enable this. I am setting up an Excel macro to import t worksheets. It may be quicker to use an Access Make T...

BusinessPortal Rich List ResultViewer web part query
I have set up a team member site under our BusinessPortal and on the main page added a Rich List ResultViewer web part to display an employee directory with their home phone number from the Great Plains HR module employee tables. The query works fine when I am logged in but when I test the site logged in a a test user I've set up, the query produces no result with a message of "query error" in the lower left corner of the display. I'm sure this is a permissions issue but I'm not sure what I need to do to allow the people who will be using the site to see the que...

Phone List view in Contacts stopped jumping to first letter entere
Outlook 2003 - Contacts - Phone List view - - - stopped jumping to the first letter I type in when searching for a contact in the Contacts Folder. I had done some clean-up on msconfig and stopped stuff from running in Startup. Could I have deleted something that makes this feature stop working? It works just like it used to if I use the 'Address Cards' or 'Detailed Address Cards' view - jumps right to the first letter of the contact I type in. Any ideas? Are you using in-cell editing? (Customize views, Other settings) Did you try resetting the view? -- D...

no sound on some web sites
Hi, I am having trouble with sound on certain web sites. Especially Club Pogo. When I play a game, the sound starts but cuts out after about a min. I have Windows XP. There is no other sound application running. Please help. Pogo says that I probably have another sound application running but do not. Thanks!! CRM 1.2 doesn't support Club Pogo, but... Try updating your the drivers for your soundcard, firstly at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and secondly at the manufacturers website for your sound card. Cheers Dan "slapoint" wrote: > Hi, I am having trou...

using gdi in mobile
Hi, I'm using visual studio 2005 to draw the screen on mobile device . I'm looking for some smaple in using gdi. Is there anyone could provide some simple MFC sample that is using GDI? Thanks!! There should samples in the mobile sdk. Did you have a look at them? -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212FF0D6-D9DF-436C-9B1D-F13D44CE59E5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using visual studio 2005 to draw the screen on mobile device . I'm > looking for some smaple in using gdi. Is there anyon...

Mobile Device with full Excel version
I'm wondering if there is a mobile device (ie handheld PC, etc. something smaller/cheaper than a laptop) that can run the full version of Excel? I am wanting to distribute an Excel file that has VBA code to some field personnel. Does Windows CE mandate Pocket Excel? ...

Exporting Query from Access 2007 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export an Access 2007 query into a pre-existing Excel 2007 workbook. I would like the query to overwrite the 1st page in the workbook, but it keeps creating a new page. I am exporting the data from query without the formatting. Any suggestions? Thanks. sup news group i need mails "AMW0830" <AMW0830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80A3288-8DAB-45D0-AD37-FCEE3CB4D142@microsoft.com... >I am trying to export an Access 2007 query into a pre-existing Excel 2007 > workbook. I would like the query to overwrite the 1st pag...

Sending E-Mail through CRM Web
Hi, I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another. During setup, I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server. When I attempt to send an email I get an Invalid Association Error. I set the config file to show more details on the error and all I'm getting is "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request." The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack doesn't provide much help either. I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25 being blocked by antivirus software....

"Record too large" error in Access 2000 when exporting data
Help please! We have been sent the results of some market research in an Access file, that we need to export into dBase IV structures for distribution. Problem no 1 is that the author (who completed the work and went on vacation) used Access field names longer than the 10 characters suitable for dBase. We have renamed the 144 fields so that we have unique names for each. We have reduced the length of the (2) fields that were 255 characters long to 254 so they are compatible with dBase. When we export to a dBase structure we get the error message "Record too large" - we cann...

eConnect exception
I am getting this eConnect exception: Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Version=9.0.0.0 Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.ExecStoredProcedures(String xml) at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_Requester(String ConnectionString, ConnectionStringType ConnectionType, String sXML) When I use the Dynamics Web Services. This is the corresponding webs services exception: Server stack trace: at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_Requester(String...

Modify Quick Access Toolbars
I just bought Office 2007, and I have two questions regarding Quick Access Toolbars. 1. I use Excel frequently, and I am taking advantage of the quick access toolbars (below the ribbon). Unfortunately, when you insert commads to QAT, command icons without pre-assigned graphic appear as "green dots", i.e. paste formula and paste value commands. Is there a way to change this - I don't know why MS do not provide tools to solve this proble, like custom icon designer. 2. Under the same heading, when I add command in "Customizing the QAT" section, I noticed that &qu...

Accessing Web Service with certificate
Hi, I'm trying to add web reference to my project and getting back following message: "There was an error downloading 'https://webservicestest.com/services/SubscriptionService/v1/'. Unable to connect to the remote server A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond" I copied URL above into IE and getting page not found message. I tried URL above on another PC and I'm immediatly getting in IE prompt for choosing certificate. ...

Web based expense reporting
Anyone have any recommendations for this? I have a client looking and the only two options I see out there are eExpense and Ariett's product. Are there other options? Any opinions on eExpense vs Ariett? Thanks much, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank, I am currently working for a large bank developing the eExpense integration to GP. This may (or may not) be an issue if you are expecting an integrated product out of the box. But let me know and maybe we can work something out. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Gl...

Mobile CRM on Pocket PC 2005
I've created a new deployment package for the Mobile CRM, nothing special just MobileCRM, SQL CE and .Net framework. It installs fine, and runs fine on my Pocket PC 2003 SE (Phone Addition) running on my QTEK S100 but using the same package on a new Pocket PC 2005 (Phone Addition) running on an 02 XDA Exec, it dosn't work. The install seems to go ok, but the software dosn't seem to be installed, it's no in program files, there dosn't seem to be any CRM files using file explorer, but it's listed in the Remove Programs option. Is there any known issued running thi...

Accessing a share
Small company peer-to-peer network. WinXP Pro clients. Office Manager created a share to data folders of bookkeeping app for me. Has worked fine until this week. She's gone on vacation so I can't log into her PC. Both Friday and today I can see the share, but can't get into it. I get a message that it's inaccessible, probably due to insufficient permissions. I've rebooted both machines today and last Friday - no luck. Yesterday, however, I got in with no problems. What can I dig into when she gets back to see what the problem was? (I already checked th...

Outlook 2003 Accesses Floppy Drive When Checking for New Mail?
Hey Gang! Using Outlook 2003 with WinXP Pro. I notice that when I check for new mail - either the automatic check or manually using Send/Receive - the floppy drive whirs and whirs even though there's no floppy in the drive. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks in advance! You probably last saved or opened something from diskette in Outlook. Store something to your My Documents folder and it should be gone -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning u...

Microsoft Access: How do I create a drop down list that stores the index value, but displays text value?
For example: I have my primary table called Projects with headers as follows: Projects ID, Project Name, Project Leader ID And I have a second table called Project Leaders which stores Project Leader ID as the primary key with headers as follows: Project Leader ID, Project Leader Name I am trying to create a Project Entry Form that displays and has a drop down of the Project Leader Names, but stores the Project Leader ID in the Projects Table. Thanks for your help! in your form, use a combo box control. set the RowSource to the Project Leaders table. number of columns, 2. column widths...

Importing web objects (?)
Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the Google Finance charts to show up in excel. Google provides a link, but I can't see an easy way to implement this. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nelson On Jan 24, 9:28=A0am, Nelson <bni...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel > (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the > Google Finance charts to show up in excel. > > Google provides a link, ...

CRM Mobile Windows Mobile 6
Hi!! It's possible to install crm mobile in windows mobile 6?? Thanks! Applications that run on WM 5 SHOULD run without problems on WM 6. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog -- "Chuti" <el_chuti@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1191339888.448636.43140@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi!! > > It's possible to install crm mobile in windows mobile 6?? > > Thanks! > Mobile 6 it takes integrated SQL 2005 as you install SQL replication? I have try it and does not work... Has someone tried it? Thanks! Don`t...

Mail Merge using a workgroup secured Access database
Has anyone done this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200706/1 Have you tried? If so what were your results? What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "HLCruz via OfficeKB.com" <u27207@uwe> wrote in message news:7416d8af2f6cb@uwe... > Has anyone done this? > > -- > Message posted via OfficeKB.com > http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200706/1 > ...

Allowing my phone to sync with Outlook 2002
I sync my contacts with my phone on a regular basis. Is there a way to permanently permit my phone to sync without the dreaded "A program is trying to access your outlook data" popping up every time? TIA Check with the manufacturers of your phone sync software to see if they have an updated version that gets around Outlook's security prompts. Also read the following: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message...