Login Control form authentication to Active Directory (AD)

Hello,

We have a form designed using Visual Web Developer (VWD) 2008 (Express
Edition), which utilizes the Login control.

The form works fine when launched via VWD 2008.  That is, when typing in the
credentials (username & password) at the Login.aspx form, the account is
successfully authenticated against AD, and the user is directed to the
Default.aspx page.

However, when we launch the site via IIS 7.0 the authentication against AD
does not work.  If we type in the "correct" credentials, the Login.aspx page
simply re-displays (with no error message).

This leads me to believe we are missing a setting under IIS (since the login
works fine via VWD).  I have tried "Enabling" all of the IIS Authentication
types for the site, though; still no luck.

Has anyone encountered this issue before, or have any suggestions as to what
may be the cause?

Thanks!

Mail missing in Control Panel
I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007. I am now getting my mail through Outlook 2007 instead of Outlook Express 6. I want to create an e-mail profile for my wife. Help states that once Outlook has been loaded and used, a Mail icon will appear in the Control Panel, and that is where I need to go to see profiles and create a new POP3 account. Mail is not in my Control Panel (Win XP Home). Do you know what am doing wrong, or have not done correctly? Thanks for your assistance. -- Froghair in Jax If you're using the Category View for the Control Panel, the Mail applet is under t...

Error"cant contact LDAP directory server(81)when clicking"To"
I followed the the directions of the "help" file to export my outlook express addresses to outlook.( Numerous times, with the same following result. However when I click "to" to send a message I receive the eroor message"Cant contact the LDAP directory server(81).Then the select names window opens and I have to use the drop down to change from active directory to contacts, then the addresses appear. Where did I go wrong and how do i resolve the situation Hi John Open Outlook Go to tools > email accounts > "view or change existing directories or add b...

controls
if you want to use controls on an object, click on the appropriate control, then click on the "detail" section of the object (queries, forms, reports, macros, modules) Note; you cann'ot do it with tables. Most things an access can only be doen with queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules. Pay attention to this features and don't get dissapointed with things that dont' w rok the way you think it shoold. Steve, I'm sorry but your message doesn't make any sense. You don't understand how to use access. What the hell are you doing here. Your not a ...

OWA Login #8
I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and password under Firefox with no problems. But, when I try to use IE, it continues to ask for login information. The username and password is not working. What do I have set wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer me. Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a >slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and >password u...

linking queries to unbound lookup on a form
I have a query that looks at two boxes on a form one is linked directly to a table the second is a lookup which brings back detail form anther table. The first box is working but the query is failing to pickup the unlinked list box. (Access 2003) SELECT tblScale.[Band], tblScale.Site, tblScale.Start FROM tblScale WHERE (((tblScale.[Band])=[Forms]![frmMain]![Min Grade]) AND ((tblScale.Site)=[Forms]![frmMain]![List80])); Here is SQL of the query and all fields are correctly named. On the After Update event of each combo (the 2 combo's) you need to refresh the data in the third co...

Exchange 2003 Domain Seperate from User Login Domain
DomainA = Windows 2000, one domain & DC. Users log into this one DomainB = Windows Server 2003, one domain & DC. Outlook is pointed to this one for mail *This is was setup this way to keep things seperate and to not modify the existing Windows 2000 domain Of course the users have to always type in their password to load up Outlook, because the Exchange domain is different from the domain that they log into Windows with. Besides this annoyance, any other problems that I could run into Thank you ....D Yes, if you have a password expiry policy on your 2003 domain the users may not b...

How to add a custom control on CPropertyPage
I'm unable to add a custom control on a property page. Are there any restrictions? procedure to add a custom control? vijay, There should not be any restrictions. What kind of custom controls are you trying to add? Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "vijay" <vijay@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:7F9E0B3D-426A-4494-8EA7-60027901D290@microsoft.com... > I'm unable to add a custom control on a property page. Are there any > restrictions? procedure to add a custom control? > ...

code or macro that would save data then clear form
I have a form built that I would like to ba able to create a database of saved data from before excuting my clear reset macro. Example would be: Transfer data from my form, save on the next available row in another worksheet then clear form. Any ideas? I'd start on Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html and you didn't ask for this: http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html Japs wrote: > > I have a form built that I would like to ba able to create a database of > saved data from before excuting my clear reset macro. > Example would be: > Transf...

Importing AD particular group members to Excel 2003
I would like to create a macro to import into Excel the group members of a particular group but I don't know how. Any help would be appreciate. -- _________________________________________ Fran�ois Racine ICQ#: 36826607 More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/36826607 _________________________________________ This particular group is situated where? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 6 May 2006 13:23:25 -0400, "Fran�ois Racine" <Francois.Racine@hotmail.com> wrote: >I would like to create a macro to import into Excel the group members of a >particular gr...

Installing Outlook Trusted Code Control
I have Outlook Pro 2003. Can I install the Outlook Trusted Code Control so I have access to Outlook Security Template? Currenty I am unable to find the Hashctl.dll file to install and register the Trusted Code Control. Maybe I am doing something wrong. .. Help appreciated. Bill ...

About Stephen Lebans 'RTF control' ControlSource.
The ActiveX control uses the RTFField control as its source. The RTFField control is bound to a field in a table. All OK. But I need to programatically load the value into the RTFField. When I do that (and the value is from the sample file proved by the Lebans RTF mdb so I know it's 100% correct) the ActiveX control completely ignores what is in there. -- Regards Tom After more playing it seems that it will not work unless the RTFField control is bound to a field in a table. This makes its use very limited, but I guess there are workarounds. -- Regards Tom "ThomasAJ" ...

Is user login ?
How can I check from service if user is logged to system? ...

Mutually Authenticate using RPC over HTTP
I am configuring RPC over HTTP. Single server environment (MS Article ID 833401). I have successfully configured and tested the RPC virtual directory configuration. I have also verified that the server and client sides are correctly configured. Additionally, I have successfully used RPC over HTTP from a client PC. However, this only works if I turn of "Mutually Authenticate...with SSL" (on the client - in Exchange Proxy Settings). I have an SSL certificate on my Exchange server (works with OWA fine). I need to use Mutual Authentication when using RPC over HHTP. Perhaps I am entering ...

Outlook Forms #6
I (CW setup) can not receive Outlook Forms from an IMO mode client using the same Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. The IMO mode client can receive Outlook forms from me (CW setup), but I can not receive any from him. Any suggestions?? ...

Configuration Domain Controller
I installed W2K on a new computer, transferred all domain master responsibilities to the new DC, because I need to remove the old DC from the site. I have made the new DC a Catalog Server as well and have restarted the DC. I go to my E2K properties page > Domain Controller tab and manuall configure it to choose the new W2K DC for Global Catalog server, Domain Controller and Configuration Domain Controller. Exchange has no trouble accepting the new server for the Global Catalog server, Domain Controller, but will not start if the new DC is selected as the Configuration Domain Controller. ...

Active Sync #3
Active Sync has been working fine on 3 Q tek hand set for the last 3 months. Today I configed the same hand set today for another user and got the an error: Only with this one user On the device : activesync encountered a problem on the server activesync 0x85010004 On the exchange : Event Type: Error Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3031 Date: 12/18/2006 Time: 10:04:52 AM User: domain\username Computer: CALUK03 Description: The mailbox server [servername.domain] does not allow "Negotiate" authentication to its [exc...

Yes/No control box
Hi Folks, How can I have a control "Yes/No" on a form that once the checkbox is checked that do not show the line record on my report Thanking you in advance for your answer Fredderic Fredrick, Create a field in your table called something like NoPrint, and make it a Yes/No (True/False). Place that field on your form. If the field is checked (True), then that record will be excluded from your report. In the query behind your report, use a criteria against the NoPrint field... = False That says... show me only records where NoPrint is False. -- hth ...

MS Money freezes at login
Hi, I've been using MS Money for about 4 years now and I have been using MS Money 2007 for over a year now but suddenly it is freezing every time I try to logon. It takes up about 97-100% of cpu which forces me to close it using task manager. I don't know why it is suddenly acting like this. I have tried reinstalling it with no luck. I normally synchronize my money files with my pocket pc using sbf finance pocket version (since money no longer offers pocket pc synchronization). Recently my pocket pc crashed so I had to reinstall all of its programs and it seems like that is whe...

Attaching control to a tab
In Access 2007, I'm having difficulty in dragging an existing control from a form onto a newly created tab. It appears to not really become a part of the tab itself; rather, it just kind of sits there. I know that in earlier versions of Access, that I could easily drag a control onto a tab and have it become part of the tab. What am I doing wrong? (I think I'm really starting to DISLIKE Access 2007....) Dennis wrote: > In Access 2007, I'm having difficulty in dragging an existing control > from a form onto a newly created tab. It appears to not really become > a par...

MFC ActiveX control Refreshing problem
Hi, I have crerated MFC ActiveX controla and when I run it in the IE6, it works fine, like it does downloading some files from server and encrypts them on the local machine and uploads the encrypted file back to the server. So during this process and after that also, when I switch to the other window and come back to the same IE page, then the control vanishes from the page, and instead the image of previous window comes into the container, where ActiveX control should come. Even though the control does'nt stop its processing in the background. So, this problem of refreshing is with web ...

How to Login
Hi To All, My application is jest create login id and password and store it in a file and using that id and password jest i have to login.For that I created one login dialog box before login iam creating a account means id and password which is storing in a file.It is running and storing in a file which i given as id and password. My problem is when iam using that id and pwd to enter it is taking as string and showing invalid. ...

problem with form protection
I am using MS Word 2000. I have several documents that were created with an older version of word that have been saved and transferred to this computer. When I try to edit them they are protected. However, when I click the padlock on the toolbar to turn the protection off all of the information filled out in the form goes blank!Help! How do I edit the form without having to fill the entire thing out again?!? You will need to use a macro to re-apply the protection ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please re...

Is there an Update on the Login Issue???
Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I need to run my financial life!!! >-----Original Message----- >Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I >need to run my financial life!!! >. >Me either. I can't believe it. I'v ben using Money for more than five years and never happen to me anything like this ...

form not opening when started from command line
All, After searching around I guess that I now can start my Excel app from a batch file. However, I also need to open a form automatically also. Here is the code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim cmdLine As String Dim lst() As String Dim ky As String Set App = Application CreateMenus ' Check to see if this is a "scheduled task" ' cmdLine = GetCommLine (code is elsewhere but it does work) If Len(cmdLine) = 0 Then Exit Sub If Not InStr(cmdLine, "/") Then Exit Sub ' Get rid of alerts ' App.DisplayAlerts = Fals...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...