Last and Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 10, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased
approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective the week of October 3, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is
scheduled for closure in the upcoming week and we would like to invite you
to participate at http://forums.asp.net forum(s).  An
exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp

Find the last, 2nd last and 3rd last data in a column
I have data listed in several colums and need to create a formula to detail the last (most recent) 2nd last and 3rd last piece of data in the column. I have used the following formula to display the last but cant edit this or create another formula to get the 2nd and 3rd last pieces of data. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>0),A:A) Thanks in advance Jamie If there are no empty cells in the range: last cell: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-1) semi-penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

How long will my capital last
Hi If I had a capital sum of say �100,000 and I was taking an annua income of 5% and I was getting 3.5% interest annually - Can you help m demonstrate how long my capital last? Thank you Dust -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dusty, =3DNPER(3.5%,-5000,100000,0) If, by 5%, you mean 5% of the original investment (=A35.000 each year), = your money will last for approximately 35 years at 3.5% interest. See Excel Help for more info on NPER(). Regards, Anders Silven "Durhamr" <Durhamr.yajun@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Durhamr.yajun@excelf...

Multi-select listbox question
I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked? Thanks Dave -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

why is my last digit converted to zero?
I'm using Excel 2003 and when I enter a 16-digit number or cut and paste a 16-digit number, the last digit is converted to zero. This does not happen with 15 digits or fewer. Excel's numeric precision is 15 decimal digits. If you need to calculate with the number, you probably won't miss anything. If the number is a key, such as a creditcard number, add an apostroph (single quote, " `") before it; it will not show, but it will cause the number to be treated as text. Another way is to format the cell as text before entering the number -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

Outlook 2007 Reminders
I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro. Once in a while when I start Outlook all of my prior Outlook Calendar items show up in the reminders as due. I then say dismiss all and eventually the over 1000 reminders are cleared. Then everything is fine (even after several reboots) until sometime later when the reminders again show up as due. I would appreciate any help. -- Neil Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanreminders switch. = Start->run->outlook.exe /cleanreminders. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Need help in searching last occurrence of string in text file
Hi , I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from u. I have one huge text file and i want to search last occurrence of string in that file and then cut the data after that searched line till end of file and paste it into a new text file. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance. How huge is "huge" (in Megs)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) <sameer2211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cb08938-cf0e-4925-95bb-725f72df9f8d@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from > u. > I hav...

sell Final Fantasy XI gils,sell lotro gold,FFXI,lotro gold trade onwww.allgametrade.com
After playing Final Fantasy VII, I really was not expecting much from FFIX. Fortunately, I was very wrong. Final Fantasy IX is probably one of the best Final Fantasy/Dragon Warrior- style RPG games in a long time, if not ever. As a result, this is one of those games that I don't see myself putting down for some time to come, even after spending countless hours writing this guide. However, while I could fawn all over the game for quite some time, I shall spare you that for now. As with any Final Fantasy game, FFIX is fairly long. While it is possible to get to the end in less than 12...

Last logged on by
Hello! Using exchange 2003. When I look under Adminstrative groups -> Server -> "name" -> First storage group -> mailbox store -> mailboxes you can se all the mailboxes that you have and last logged on by. Under last logged on by I can se that one person (me) have logged on on to diffrent acconts, even if I havent don it. WHAT is this? Best regards Micke Micke: Did you use your account as the service account for anti-virus or spam? Also, IIRC, even if you view someone's Outlook Calendar, it would mark the mailbox as being logged on by you. Regards...

Ex 2003 sp1 stops responding
Hello! Yesterday we experienced the problem described in KB830829, Event ID 9646 : maximum of 848 objects of type "objtMessage" after one user bulk deleted thousands of spam mail. We have increased this value from default 250 earlier trying to get rid of the error messages. But yesterday Exchange stopped responding after having this error. Microsoft say this is a known problem, does anyone know if they have a fix for this (server stop responding). We have put the value of "objtMessage" back to default 250, since I dont know if it is the increased value which caused t...

First and Last Problem
For some reason First and Last are giving the wrong data in a Totals query. I assume that somehow the data is not ordered correctly in the main table, but it does show correctly in the datasheet view. For example if I group the sample database below by Name and Year, First of Location should be B, unfortunately it shows up in the query as A. Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B Ed 1999 2 A Ed 2000 1 A Desired Result Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B (But shows up as A) Ed 2000 1 A Any ideas from someone who has seen thi...

How can I generate a file dependent on linker output, which the linker then needs to generate the final dll using VS2005?
I need to process the map file that's generated by link on a C++ project, in order to generate the the .DEF file I really want to link with. Effectively, I want to make only some of the exports from my DLL available, and also I want to reference them by ordinal only. For those of you who have looked at how MFC works, will recognize this as being similar to the method in MFC80.def I can't really see any way to do this, as there doesn't seem to be any simple way to run the link command again with similar arguments to those generated automatically. However, I did come up wit...

Extract last name from Last, First
I know this has to be a common question, but I can't find the answer... Using VBA, I need to extract the last name from the format: Last, First For example: the cell contents extract to a variable the value of JONES, AMY JONES ADAMS, HARRY ADAMS Your help would really be appreciated! I don't know how you are using it, but this shows how to get it in a variable. Sub dk() Dim lName As String lName = Left(ActiveCell, InStr(ActiveCell, ",") - 1) MsgBox lName End Sub ...

Not Remember Last Login Account
Is there something to tell Dynamics GP 10 to not remember the last logged in account? Everytime I log into their system as SA to do some update they call and ask me what to put in the username field. If they have to type it each time surely they will remember.... ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ------=_NextPart_0001_3E1A8ED5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Allen Have a look at my post http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/29/hybrid-clearing-the-last-user-on-a-terminal-server.aspx Otherwise wait for the next release of the Support Debugging Tool which ...

Goto Last Cell function
Hello Group, I have an application where I would like to create a function that goes to the last cell in a spreadsheet. I can get this to work if I manually use the <Goto...special...last cell> function, but when I put this command into a macro and increase the length of the spreadsheet, the macro will only go as far as the last cell when the macro was saved. Any suggestions? Thanks, Julius Here's a slick formula from Harlan that will return what's in the last cell in a column, =LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A10000)),A1:A10000) if you need the whole column use A65535 inste...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

How do I change the mispelling of my last name in my emails?
For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I correct this problem? If it a POP3 or IMAP account, you can make the change in the account properties at tools,accounts, view or change accounts - you need to select your account and change it. If it's an Exchange account, you need to speak to your administrator. On 4/24/06 9:08 PM, in article E75BD5A2-FFE5-4905-B47D-110E31598C51@microsoft.com, "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I > correct this problem...

the Last occurance
Hi everybody, I need to now how I can get the last Row number of last occurance of an item in a list, for example: row item 1 A 2 B 3 D 4 A I want a formula to return me row number 4 after looking up A. Any hints, thanks. On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:51:01 -0800, peyman <peyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I need to now how I can get the last Row number of last occurance of an item >in a list, for example: > >row item >1 A >2 B >3 ...

LAST, FIRST to First Last
I have data in LAST, FIRST and used this formula... =TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Is there a way to change it from all caps to just capitalized names. Ex. currently - DOE, JOHN change to - John Doe Hi, Like this =PROPER(TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Erinayn...

remove last character in a series of different length part #'s
i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but all end in "v'. I want to remove just the "v". I tried text to coulmns and all the functions i know. If the v only shows up in the last character, maybe just select your range edit|replace what: v with: leave blank replace all If you don't want to do that, maybe a helper column of cells: =left(a1,len(a1)-1) drag down copy|paste special|values and delete the original column leo wrote: > > i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but > all end in "...

How to index the data of last column
How to index the data of last column if the column contains blank data ex. 1 2 _ 3 4 _ 8 5 if didn't use temp data is it possible to get the "5" by one formula? Thanks a lot Man, that is confusing. :confused: What are you trying to do? -- Mallycat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553002 =INDEX(1:1,1,MAX((COLUMN(1:1))*(NOT(ISBLANK(1:1))))) Array formula, to be validated w...

Reminders, Tasks and Appointments in 2003
I just upgraded to OL 2003 and don't always have it open or active when I have an appointment, task or reminder set to alert me of something I need to take of at that time. Is there a way to set OL to "go off" even if it is not open or active? Thanks very much. No, the program has to be Open to work. You can try a third party program that will keep a stub of Outlook open to notify you of new mail and appointments. Try this page for a list of suitable candidates: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

I finally found SEO Services
After using 10 different seo companies over the last 2 years for all my sites the only one that got me the conversion rates like I wanted was http://seoservicesextreme.googlepages.com/seoexpertservices this SEO firm. Really, I thought their prices were outstanding, by that I mean expensive but after two months of service, it was worth every dollar. Here is their pricing, http://seoservicesextreme.googlepages.com/seoexpertservices So I called them How do you think their rates compare? ...

WMP Opens up to the last played video
When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. Is there a way to disable this? no, and one must be very careful with this problem. "mavalent" <mavalent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1460BD8C-4DB3-4213-9E98-BBDEC4951EF0@microsoft.com... > When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is > brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. > Is > there a way to disable this? What...

Last Cell
To All I was wondering if you could help me with my problem. If you have data in your worksheet and you say delete all the data in the last row, when you say F5 (Goto) "Special" and select "Last Cell" then it will always go to the data row that you have just deleted. There seems no way to get the "Last Cell" to update to where the last data is. Does anyone know to resolve this issue please. Thanks in advance. Deleting the data won't impact the "Last Cell". The "Last Cell" doesn't refer to the current data. It refers to the la...