Get photos from a camera

I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all photos
from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using DataGrids and
GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.
--
David

"DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message

> I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all
> photos
> from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using DataGrids and
> GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
> something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
> something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.

Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
something like this:
http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/

However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
that step automatically...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
1/16/2010 12:17:27 AM
Mark,
This does not seem much different than the asp.net FileUpload control. Am I
missing something? Thanks.
--
David

"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all
> > photos
> > from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using DataGrids and
> > GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
> > something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
> > something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.
>
> Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
> something like this:
> http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/
>
> However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
> initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
> that step automatically...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net
>
> .

"DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message

[please don't top-post]

>>> I have an asp.net intranet application that I need to upload 1 or all
>>> photos from a digital camera at a PC workstation.  We are using
>>> DataGrids
>>> and GridViews to display them on the web once they are uploaded but need
>>> something at the client. I assume I need some sort of ActiveX process or
>>> something.  Has anyone run into a solution for this need?  Thanks.

>> Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
>> something like this:
>> http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/
>>
>> However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
>> initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
>> that step automatically...

> This does not seem much different than the asp.net FileUpload control. Am
> missing something?

This allows you to select a folder rather than an individual file, and then
upload the entire contents of that folder with one single operation...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark
1/17/2010 5:41:01 PM
"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
>
> [please don't top-post]

> >> Assuming that the camera creates a virtual disk drive, you could use
> >> something like this:
> >> http://www.utechsoft.com/products/uupload/
> >>
> >> However, this will still require the user to select the drive / folder
> >> initially to kick the process of - you have (next to) no chance of doing
> >> that step automatically...
>
> > This does not seem much different than the asp.net FileUpload control. Am
> > missing something?
>
> This allows you to select a folder rather than an individual file, and then
> upload the entire contents of that folder with one single operation...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net
>
> .

Yes, I think it is a great tool and I may need it for some applications.
Being able to upload multiple files is really nice.  For this application,
the user wants to be able to view the camera images before uploading them.
Apparently they have photos for multiple jobs and want to pick the ones
appropriate for the job at hand.  That is why I thought some ActiveX (ugh)
control or something is needed.  If the images are displayed as thumbnails,
then I can allow them to select some and upload to a known destination which
is different for each job.

--
David

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Can 5 MegaPixel Photos that I trashed be recovered?
Hi. I transferred 5 megapixel photos from my digital camera onto my Mac iBook that runs on OS 9.2. The JPEGS were named and in folders. I accidentally moved them to the Trash can and emptied trash last week. I would like them back. I looked up Data Rescue from Prosoft off of Google and it took me to: http://www.prosofteng.com/prod ucts/data_rescue.php First I downloaded the Data Rescue Bundle but that wouldn't open so I downloaded the Data Rescue Classic. It opened but froze. It also said something about saving to another drive, which I don't have, I only have this iBook. I also...

Poor quality printing report with photo
Access 2007 - I am using an attachment field to link to a photos. I have tried jpg, png and tif format. All are good quality in the Report View and Layout View, but in Print Preview they have jagged red streaks through the photo and print with those streaks on most printers. i have found one printe that for some reason seems to print the report ok, but it doesn't handle the paper we want to use. Anyone have any idea or have experience a similar occurance. If I embed the photo it works ok, but makes the database huge. "Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...

how do you get umlauts?
I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts helen <helen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts a) Change your keyboard layout to German in Regional Settings. The umlauted letters are then where ', ;, and [ are on a standard UK keyboard (uncertain about USA) (� is where - is) or b) Use Insert > Symbol or c) Memorise the character codes. To get � for example, hold down Alt and tap 0252 on your numeric keypad, then release Alt. 0223 is �, 0246 is �, and 0228 is ...

Get this error trying to get @live.com mail to sync with Windows M
[error messge] Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 You enabled an option that your mail server does not support. In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers, then uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication". -- Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "JbarJensen" <JbarJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

getting started #3
having trouble opening my outlook. what do i need to do to be able to use microsoft outlook. you need a profile. Control panel, mail... add a profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point yo...