Counting ASP.NET sessions in a web farm

Hi,

We have a ASP .NET application which will be deployed in a web farm.
We would like to find the total number of sessions that have been
established. If we create a counter in global.asax.cs, it will be able
to count only within aspnet_wp process. In a web farm, multiple nodes
will have IIS on multiple machines.
If we use SQL server-based session management, can we get the total
number of active session by querying the Session DB?
If we later decide to use session state server to store the sessions,
can we get the number of active sessions?

Thanks,
Yash
0
Yash

On Oct 8, 11:44=A0am, Yash Ganthe <yas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a ASP .NET application which will be deployed in a web farm.
> We would like to find the total number of sessions that have been
> established. If we create a counter in global.asax.cs, it will be able
> to count only within aspnet_wp process. In a web farm, multiple nodes
> will have IIS on multiple machines.
> If we use SQL server-based session management, can we get the total
> number of active session by querying the Session DB?
> If we later decide to use session state server to store the sessions,
> can we get the number of active sessions?
>
> Thanks,
> Yash

Hello:
Yes, if you use Sql DDBB you can query it for session values.
Best regards.
0
Cubaman

Outlook Web LOADNING....
Windows 2000 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 IE 6 When I log onto Outlook web it shows loading... Used to work until a couple of months ago. Works fine with other browsers.. On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:08:02 -0700, "Trez" <Trez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Windows 2000 Server >Exchange 2003 SP1 >IE 6 > >When I log onto Outlook web it shows loading... > >Used to work until a couple of months ago. Works fine with other browsers.. > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 "Troubleshooting OWA when the contents frame displays Loading" ...

What versions of XSL are supported by what versions of ASP.net?
At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? EXSLT was also mentioned. Does ASP.net support that? -Darrel darrel wrote: > At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). > > There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. > Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? The XSLT processor in the .NET framework class libaries in .NET 1.1 is Sy...

Pivot table and counting.

Can't send web pages
I used to be able to send web pages by email, but now I cannot do it. At least not directly. If I select "send page by email", I get Outlook starting, but then I get "This message has not been sent". If I save it, it shows up in my inbox, in which case I can drag it manually to my outbox and send it. How can I do this directly? What changed? Is it a difference between using Outlook and (what I used to use) Outlook Express? Thanks, Joan ...

Conversion of Visual C++ 6.0 project to Visual C++ .NET (7.1.3088)
Hi, I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Is there any procedure exist for converting from VC++ 6 to VC++ 7 Please let me know. ASAP Thanks & Regards, Ganapathi Yes... hope and pray. Tell us some of the errors, without that info we cannot actually give some solutions. - MR "Ganapathi Hegde" <ganapathi.hegde@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:d0k0l4$i0q$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am ...

Cycle Counting

Count

Line count

Counting sales

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Save Excel on Server (Web Server IIS)
Hello, Let me explain the exact scenario. I actually want to display the Excel sheet to the user in the web. This problem is resolved I can show excel "abc.xls" in the web when user try to open that file the message box opened and ask for confirmation. After confirming he can add or modify the sheet. But when he saved that file either he has to save on the local system and then save on server or has to give full path of the server. So we are looking for the solution so that we can transparently save that file on the web without taking path of the server because ...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Putting video clips from the web onto a powerpoint
I'm trying to do a powerpoint for my presentation at school know a few clips I want to put on it for the presentation, but I have no idea how to take videos from the web and put it on a powerpoint. Can someone please inform me how to do that, if it's possible? Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup which deals with PowerPoint. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Tina" <Ti...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Consume Java Webservice through .NET client
Could you please explain me the steps for consuming Java= Webservice through =2ENET client=2E I know how to connect through= =2ENET webservice and I followed the same steps for this, but it= did not work out=2E In the Add web reference dialog I entered the= Java webservice url, it returned the Messages "Sorry, I don't= speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to me" in= the left pane and "Discovery Information not available" in the= right pane=2E I could not proceed because of these error= messages=2E It would be great if you could help me to re...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

Displaying proper web site for record
Hi, I would like to have the proper web site display inside the Web Browser control on a form when I am navigating through records. The url is in a text field with the table associated with the form. So far I have only been able to get the web site to appear by visibly placing the url on the form in a text and using a on click event as such: Private Sub Homepage_Click() WebBrowser2.Navigate (Homepage.Text) End Sub Not very elegant but I cannot figure how to get access to do this on its own when I change records. Thanks for the help, Steve. Steve, try setting your textbox format...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

Replace Count
I am using this routine to replace characters in a large text string. I would like to know how many replacements have been made. This is a generalized routine for experimenting. If I set lReplCount = 1, I can get a count but it takes over one minute to run. If I set lReplCount = -1, it takes about 20 mSec but I get no count (except 1). Is there any way to get speed and the replace count? I would be happy with a few seconds and an accurate count. Do If InStr(1, sText, vbCr & vbCr) > 0 Then lChangeCount = lChangeCount + 1 ...

updating web page with publisher 2007
I got website up and running but now cannot load updates to web host they say no problems with there end. I am using publisher 2007 with Vista. web host is unix (aplus) using ftp site when i hit publish to web box appears i select the ftp. and username and passord box comes up i fill in and hit ok then hit the html folder. I hit save and asks if i want to replace existing index. hit yes and it says will publish filtered files I hit ok and then it starts working and asks for password again i put it in it continues to work (longer then the first time) it stops and ask for password again ...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...