Any way to know if a site uses all precompiled DLLs?

The abridged reason for wondering what I'm wondering is that there is a
person who wants to outsource some work to someone else who wants to
outsource it to me, leaving me about three levels removed from the client in
question.  And by the time I explained the reasons I need to know and it
goes back through the chain, I fear a bit of whisper-down-the-lane would
distort what I'm asking.

So, is there any info that one can collect from a web server about a web
application that would tell me if the aspx files use run-time aspx.cs/vs
files, source code in the app_code folder, or <script runat=server> code in
the aspx files as opposed to precompiled dlls.  I fear that if I say to
someone, "sure, I could make those programmatic changes to that site," and I
then find out that it's all dlls with no source code, I'd wind up coming off
as an excuse maker trying to explain to a non-technical person why I can't
reasonably make the changes without access to source code.

Using Webfetch, I gleaned what I could, but there certainly wasn't a header
that said, X-Yes-you-could-get-the-source-code-if-you-ftp'd-in.  :)

Thanks

0
Josh

That was supposed to say .aspx.cs/vb files.

"Josh Agarrio" <nospam at no domain> wrote in message

> So, is there any info that one can collect from a web server about a web
> application that would tell me if the aspx files use run-time aspx.cs/vs
> files

0
Josh

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Newsreader when using Outlook
I'm just transition to Outlook (from OE). Just wondering about news-readers. I use OE as a news-reader at the moment. But it's not apparent that that is possible in Outlook proper. If this is so - what are Outlook user's doing in this reagards? Many thanks. === Phil (NZ) You are in luck. OE is the news reader for Outlook. Always has been. Always will be. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Phil Jones" <phil_newsgroup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23lEn6sibFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm just transition to Outlook (from OE). > > Just...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Selecting and moving chart(s) within a worksheet using keyboard ke
Hi all, I have created some charts in a worksheet. I would like to be able to do the following if possible: 1. I have selected a chart (by clicking on the chart and handles appeared around the perimeter of the chart). What I would like to do is to be able to select the chart using keyboard short-cut and to move the chart around the worksheet also using keyboard keys rather than the mouse. At the moment I can only move it (a single chart) using the mouse. However strangely enough, if I select two or more charts (Shift+ Lt.Click) I am able to then use the arrow keys to move the chart. ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Help with custom search form
I have a search form that retrieves records in a subform based on criteria entered into unbound text boxes on the main/parent form. The subform is tied to a SQL recordset that contains a field called “Select”. The field’s datatype is Yes/No. On the main form I have a button called “View Selected” with the following code in the OnClick event: Private Sub cmdViewSelected_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewSelected_Click Dim i As Integer i = DCount("ProjectId", "ProjectTbl", "[Select] = " & True) If i = 0 Then MsgBox "No Record(s...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

unable to delete mail selected by using OWA
Hi All, I am having problem in deleting mails from inbox. My mail server is SBS 2003 - Exchange server 2003. some mails from Info@xxxxxxx.com are not able to delete, whenever I try to delete, I am getting "400 Bad Request" and "SOme Items can't be deleted,They were either moved,already deleted,or access was denied." and I can not block this mails as the domain name keep changing. All our clients are using OWA. Please help us and suggest solution for this issue. Is there any patch or fix up available ? Thank you, Mani. Info Tech Systems Manager Naval Exchange ...

How can I know when a field is repeating during while data entry
My manager has this query. He is entering the stock details of his phamacy. He has 6 columns. One is "name of the distributor", the second is "bill number or invoice number", the third is "amount to be paid", the fourth is "cheque number" the fifth is whether it has been "paid" or is "unpaid". The lst coumn I have given conditional formatting, so that if it is paid, it will show the fonts in green and if it is unpaid, it will show the fonts in red. Now our query is that after say about 50 rows of enteries made, he would like ...

Using DoCmd.SendObject
Hi, My default e-mail client is outlook2007 and configured to connect to an Exchange server.Is there any possibility of DoCmd.SendObject open Vista Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2007? If no, can someone tell me another procedure to do that. Thanks CJA Tony Toews has some good info here about various approaches to sending email from Access: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "CJA" <car...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Uses for Autotext Cleanup

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Microsoft Office on Mac using Bootcamp or Microsoft for Mac products?
I'm a new Mac user - just got a new Intel Core 2 Duo processor MacBook. I went ahead and bought the Office for Mac and installed everything. My main problem/question is that I find I can't do as many things in Entourage as I could in Outlook. (For instance, can't change colors and customize calendar as well, can't set up as many defaults like what view I want Entourage to open in.) I was thinking about using bootcamp and trying to go back to my Outlook I used to love. Any advice as to whether this is a good idea or bad idea? Also, keep in mind that I am synching successful...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Using OE with my Juno e-mail account
I use Juno e-mail but I noticed that I also have Outlook Express on my computer which I would prefer to use. Is there a way to send and receive e-mail using OE but keeping my Juno address and service? I have a standard dial-up connection. OS is Win98SE. If this is possible, I would need simple, step-by-step instructions for setting it up. Thank you, Relztrah Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You ca...

Sizing the Chart Sheet using VBA
Hi all, I'm attempting some code that will take the height and width values from an active Word table cell, and then use them to adjust the page margins of an active Excel chart sheet, with the end result being both the Word cell and Excel chart sheet share identical dimensions. Unfortunately, the code seems a little beyond me. Is it possible? Any help (or code) much appreciated ... Best wishes to all, Rich ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #15
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

dlls
i need some help. I would like to create a dll in c++ (win32 dynamic or using mfc). I want my dll to be "usable" by vb6, vb.net, c# and c++ developpers I tried to create a simple dll (using mfc extensions with 1 class and a couple of functions but i am not able to add it to a VB6 client application. What can I do I need some help to getting started with dlls , or a link to a page that deals with thess stuffs. Take a look at the following links http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_dll_tasks.asp http://www.zetnet.co.uk/rad/dll....

Using dates with hyperlinks
i am using a very large spreadsheet with hyper links to related word files. These hyperlinks are created automatically based on cell contents. but i am having trouble when using a date formatted cell. currently i am using the format ddmmyy, but when it is used as i hyperlink, its reverts back to the serial number. is there any way to stop this? hope i explained that right! Try creating a folder on your desktop and dumping the word files into it. I have a lawn mower and I would not use it to paint a house. "jeegna" wrote: > i am using a very large spreadsheet with hyper ...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net