Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

Hello,

I am currently working with Visual Studio 2008 and asp.net 3.0  I have
the following question I hope that someone can help me with:

1)  I have a GridView with rows that I read from a database.

2)  The user can select a row from the grid, which fires the event:

        protected void MyGrid_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender,
EventArgs e)
        {
              <update text field on form>
              <call client javascript function>
        }

3)  I have the <update text field on form> portion of the routine
working, but need to call the <call client javascript function> in
order to finish the processing.

4)  I'm not sure how to <call client javascript function>    I've seen
my web searching comments on adding something like the following in
the Page_Load:

MyMain.Attributes.add("onclick", "jsfunction();")

But this would execute the javascript first.  I want the client side
JavaScript to be executed AFTER the grid does it's updating.

Would welcome any advice, suggestions, etc.?

Thanks
Jason
0
Jason

"Jason" <jason.wu001@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Would welcome any advice, suggestions, etc.?

protected void MyGrid_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    <update text field on form>
    ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(GetType(), "uniqueName",
"myFunction();", true);
}

http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=0&oq=ClientScript.R&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=clientscript.registerstartupscript

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

0
Mark

remove from drowdown when selected
I have a form with a sub form. Main form link to sub is based on the project number id. The sub form has a dropdown of project risks. The user adds as many risks to the sub form as applies to the project. When the user chooses a risk from the drop down, I do not want it to no longer show in the list. When a different project is chosen in the main form, the sub form shows the risk that were selected pertaining to that project, and the dropdown only displays the risks that have not been chosen for that project. When a new project is entered, all risks are in the dropdown. By showing o...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

How to fill docking window client area with CFormView?
Hello, I would like to fill the client area of my docking window with the view of a CFormView derived class. But somehow the create method of the CFormView seams not to be accessible. Give it another possibility to do this? I also tried a CDialog derived class but I don’t know how to make that it becomes child of my docking window. Knows someone an example? Best regards, Thomas Are you using a CDialogBar? AliR. "Thomas Sedlaczek" <ThomasSedlaczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5626D53-07B8-40A3-945A-E96592575C22@microsoft.com... > Hello, > >...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Creating a header using non-contiguous rows
Using Excel 2000 I am using the FILE/Page Setup/Sheet tab/Rows to repeat at top technique to create a header. I currently have $1:$4 in the Rows to repeat at top. I also want to include rows 15 and 16. I have not found a way to do this. Any suggestions? Bernie No way to do this. "Print titles must contiguous and complete rows or columns" is the error message you get when you try to select non-contiguous rows. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:55:45 -0700, "Bernie Doepkens" <Bdoepken@dbm.state.md.us> wrote: >Using Excel 2000 >I am using the F...

Copy columns into rows
Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? hi, copy the column. select a cell in column a. goto edit>paste special>transpose >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous >cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? >. > Don't forget, only 256 columns, which means only that many rows can be moved to a *single* row. Select the column(s), Right click in the selection and choose "Copy". Right click in the first cell of the row to rece...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below). The code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue. Why? Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value) Case "Dog" Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False Case Else Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True End Select Maybe your have your true/false mixed up -- Don Guillett SalesAid ...

Outlook Web Access #19

Cliente premium OWA 2003 Publicado, queda "Cargando..."
Tengo un Exchange 2003 con SP2 sobre un Windos 2003 Con SP1 fixeado hasta el ultimo level, El owa internamente en la lan funciona perfectamente con los dos clientes, el Basico y el Premium, pero cuando lo publico hacia internet el basico anda bien, pero el premium queda en todas las carpetas "Cargando...", lo publico a travez de un Symantec 5429 con los puertos 80 y 443 con un vinculo de 512 k, agradezco cualquier ayuda Vea si esto ayuda. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 Nue <wcasari@fiatauto.com.ar> wrote in message news:1149876952.048096.25700@h76g2000cwa.googleg...

Delete all data (formulas) below a desired row.
In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows. Is there a shortcut to clear a large unwanted area? In the name box (above row 1 left of column A), type in the the range you want to delete, assume you wanted 15 rows of formulas and want to delete row 16 row 65336, place cursor (mouse click) in the name box and type 16:65536 and press enter, then do edit>delete, press ctrl + home and save the workbook Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JMSimms" wrote: > In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows. Is there > a shortcut to clear a l...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Adding additional users to a client computer
I'm running SBS 2003 R2. I have a number of client computers connected to the server, but each of these has been allocated only one user account. Local reorganisation has led the users to ask if they can be allowed to log into any computer, not just the one they used to. SBS provides a setup computer wizard where you can add a new computer and then add users to it. However this won't work with an existing computer, and I can't find an obvious way of doing this from the server. (I had looked at establishing roaming profiles as a possible way around this, but th...