a two fold question

I have a webform that is part of a nested masterpage.  Is it possible to open
just the webform (no nested masterpage) in a new window?  If possible, the
other part is the opening would come from another nested webform with a
<asp:command> button in a gridview, which would be done how?  If not, how
would the <asp:command> open the form?
A newbie is seeking the wisdom and knowledge of the group.
Thanks.
John

QUESTION ABOUT DISABLING A BUTTON ON A FORM
I have 2 checkbox on a form and a button. The button is disabled when the form is loaded and enabled when either of the checkboxes is checked. What I want to do is set things up such that when the checkboxes are both unchecked, the button is disabled. I tried the On Current event of the form, see below, but that didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.chkFilterBy.Value = False And Me.chkTimeRange.Value = False Then Me.cmdFilter.Enabled = True Else Me.cmdFilter.Enabled = False End If End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() M...

Excel : Saving and Mailing Question
Hi, A few questions I hope you can help me with (please) : 1. Is it possible to save a particular worksheet under a set name t one destination and the rest of the workbook to another, through macro/click of a button? 2. Is it possible to do the same but through email? Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ron de Bruin has lots of code examples at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm He also has an addin that may do almost what you want. (on that same web page) "ajw150 <" wrote: > > Hi, > > A few questions I hope you can help me wi...

synchiing two computers?

EN_UPDATE usability question
What would a reasonable upper limit in time spent responding to the EN_UPDATE notification? If its too long the UI would be lagged and that would be an annoyance to the end user. Is this in any official MS style guide? Personally I would assume maybe .25 seconds however this is for an official document so I need to be able to back up a value with some officialness such as MS recommendation. River, You might want to do a Google search, this is a well-researched topic, and I imagine you'll find quite a few studies. For web usability, there has been lots of work, at least, and as...

modification questions
Does anyone know for sure if setting up modifications in the isv.config and web.config files before migrating data from siebel into crm will cause any problems? Every time I talk to someone at Microsoft they ask me if I've done any modifications....I need to make some modifications when I go live before I run the migration scripts. I just don't want it to cause any problems. Thanks, Jen Hi. I can't think of any reason why modifying these files would impact on data migration but logically I would have thought you would want to migrate the data first and then make the cha...

Exmerge Question #5
Two scenarios: 1. Seems like this should work no problem. If a user mailbox was deleted using Exchange Tasks (but not the user) and I was able to restore the mail store to a RSG, shouldn't I use Exmerge to pull the data out of the RSG and put it all back into the original account (of course assuming that I've created an empty mailbox for the user)? It seems for whatever reason Exmerge isn't able to see the database after the mailbox has been removed and a new one created on the account. 2. Should the above situation work if it's a whole new user created where the o...

Mouse event question
Does anybody know if is there an event triggered in the CWnd class when a mouse "enters" that class, I mean, for example, when the mouse moves out from a view, or returns to a mainframe from the desktop? So far, the only workaround I've found is to use the OnSetCursor event to signal the position of the mouse, but this is not the optimal, since is triggered each time the mouse moves, making the application slow, and, as I said, I only need a signal that tells me when the mouse leaves one window and enter to another. Thanks a lot for your attention. OnMouseMove is what you nee...

if- then question
Is it possible to compare two rows and then based on the value, assign a character to occupy and adjacent column in the same row. For example, I want to compare all of the numbers in column B, with th numbers in column D, if B is greater than D, I want to put the lette "W" in the adjacent column (in the same row). If B is less than D, want to put the letter "L" in the adjacent column. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi enter the following in the adjacent row (lets say in column E, cell E1) =IF(B1>D1,"W",IF(B1<D1,"...

Few questions about VB
1. How can I do number for example 812 from 812,033217 ? I try to do like this but it did not work Dim first as double Dim second as intiger firs = 812,033217 second = first first = second but still firs = 812,033217 :confused: 2. How can I open not .xls file from VB code wrote in Excel file I want to open Solid Works file "example.SLDPRT" in Solid Works o course thx for any suggestio -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1. one way: use CInt. e.g. second = CInt(first) >-----Original Message----- >1. How can I do number for example 812 from 812,03321...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

A question for the guro
How do I select a node that has both namespace and is prefixed? IE: <a:b> (and also in the default namespace!) Ayende Rahien wrote: > How do I select a node that has both namespace and is prefixed? > IE: > <a:b> (and also in the default namespace!) How exactly depends on the API you are using, but in general such selection requires additional information about which namespcae URI "a" prefix is bound to. In MSXML it's done via SelectionNamespaces property, in .NET - via XmlNamespaceManager class. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/...

question about CStringT::Tokenize
Hi, I try to split a string "First,,Third" with ",". I suppose the result is "First", "", and "Third". But why it is "First","Third".(A empty string has been skipped.) BTW, how about ",First,Second,Third" and "First,Second,Third," If CString::Tokenize cannot support it directly, any other way can do it easily. //code CString str( "First,,Third" ); CString resToken; int curPos= 0; CString strSplitter( "," ); resToken= str.Tokenize(strSplitter,curPos); while (resToken != &...

5.5 to 2003 migration question
I currently have Win2003 Active Directory in a single domain running. Exchange 5.5 on a Windows NT box is the last remaining WinNT box on the network. If I put a test Win2003 server and do all the forestpreps, domainpreps and run the ADC and install a test copy of Exchange 2003 and I use one test mailbox on the 5.5 to move it, will this prevent me from moving the rest of the mailboxes and database to another Exchange setup that will be permanent later? Um...it depends by what you mean when you say 'another Exchange setup'. You should approach the Forest prep and domain prep...

access 97/2000 question
If an access 97 back end database containing only tables is accessed by an access 2000 front end, is there a danger or possibility that the tables will be no longer accessable by access 97 front ends? Hi Alan, If the 2000 front end just contains linked tables pointing to the 97 back end, no worries. But if someone using 2000 opens and converts the back end mdb itself, you're obviously hosed. On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:11:00 -1000, "Alan" <please@thanks.com> wrote: >If an access 97 back end database containing only tables is accessed by an >access 2000 front end, is...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

viewing questions
Is there a way to sort the questions by date. I cannot figure out how the questions are ordered. It's not by date, it's not by alpha, it's not by popular - there appears to be no rhyme or reason to it. If you access the forum directly from the server http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm you can sort them in any way you like. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

A CString question
Hi to all, Given the following member function: CString MyClass::MakeString(BYTE *pBuf, int len) { CString str; ... return str; } Where: - 'pBuf' is a buffer that contains letters (a-z). It does not contain a terminating null character. - 'len' is the number of letters in 'pBuf'. What would be the best way to return a CString object that contains the same letters in 'pBuf'. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Geo You can create a new CString using the constructor with CString(pointer,len) so why not just do: CString str(pBuf,len); You ...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

TreeView XML Question
Hi Guys, I have different pages in ASP.NET.And i have a treeview that populates XML that i use as the MENU. Is it possible to have one asp.net page but populating different XML to the mENU? Any ideas? ...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Copy selected columns from .xls to a .txt file question
I would like to be able to copy two columns from a .xls file, columns 2 (B) and 9(I) into a .txt file for approximately 100 rows, using VBA. What is the best way to do this? Thank you try this Sub Copy_Rows() With Application .DisplayAlerts =3D False .ScreenUpdating =3D False End With FpatH =3D "C:\Documents and Settings\username\filename.xls" Workbooks.Open FpatH FileP =3D ActiveWorkbook.path Range("B1:C100").Copy Workbooks.Add ActiveSheet.Paste ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=3D _ FileP & "\" & "1.txt&...