deleting e-mail

I cannot delete incoming e-mail, either individually or "en masse" by using
the CONT and SHIFT buttons.  When I check the e-mails in their little boxes,
and hit "Delete", they disappear temporarily from my in-box, and the trash
can number goes up, but moments later the process is reversed and they
reappear in my inbox and the trash can number goes down. The same thing
happens when I try to "move" the e-mails into the junk or trash can folders.
The end result is that I cannot permanently delete my incoming emails.

What could cause this apparent undelete-ability and what can I do about it?
dotnet.faqs 17 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Renald,

Since this is a group for frequently asked questions about .NET, you are
not going to get an answer about email here.  Instead, you look look at
your email program - find out what it is and then look for help in a
forum related to that program.

Regards,

Laurie Comerford

  Renald wrote:
> I cannot delete incoming e-mail, either individually or "en masse" by using
> the CONT and SHIFT buttons.  When I check the e-mails in their little boxes,
> and hit "Delete", they disappear temporarily from my in-box, and the trash
> can number goes up, but moments later the process is reversed and they
> reappear in my inbox and the trash can number goes down. The same thing
> happens when I try to "move" the e-mails into the junk or trash can folders.
> The end result is that I cannot permanently delete my incoming emails.
>
> What could cause this apparent undelete-ability and what can I do about it?
0
Laurie

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Outbound Mail HELP!!!!!!!
I need to how to send mail out. My problem is we use to use a mail firewall that handled all of the inbound/outbound mail. I would point exchange 2003 to that as a smart host and it would handle the rest. My question is where do I point the smtp connector to? if I let dns do it there is some delay/lag. do you point it to the default gateway, pix firewall etc. Thanks If your firewall is responsible for DNS resolution and mail delivery, than forward the mail to it. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:53:05 -0800, "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to how to sen...

Mail sent from empty Outbox !
OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace of sent mail in Sent box. I use OL to read/send mail from my 3 different POP accounts, but this happens only with Compuserve acct. Use Norton Antivirus, Pest Patrol and Zone Alarm and none indicate any suspect activity. Any clue? On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:26:20 -0800, "Radi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >OL2000: Very often I see message "sending from outbox" and >something goes out even when outbox was empty. No trace o...

Sending e-mail on behalf of like in Outlook
In Microsoft CRM it would be nice to have the possebility to send e-mail on behalf of (like in Outlook) In Microsoft CRM When sending emails, in the From field you can only select a user or a queue, so creating queues for each email address could be an option. But this is nothing more than a work around for something which could be much better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...

Mail merge recipient dialog box
Why are the "edit" and "refresh" buttons at the bottom of the mail merge recipient dialog box grayed out? They were available in the last Word version but I cannot figure how to access them in 7 to add to or correct my mailing list. In Word 2007, the first thing you have to do is select the name of the data source in the box at the bottom left of the dialog box. Then, depending on the type of data source, the Edit and Refresh buttons may be ungreyed. [FWIW the same dialog is used by MS Publisher, where they allow multiple data sources, requiring you to ...

On outlook mail,What do you put in the incoming and the outgoing
How do you set up outlook mail on in comeing and outgoing mail Server check out this web site to get the correct information to enter: http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp.html "Bruce Duncan" wrote: > How do you set up outlook mail on in > comeing and outgoing mail Server Dear, Add a new e-mail account On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. Do one of the following: If your mail system provider is on the list in the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select the one you want to use and...

system tray new mail icon gone :(
Before i used to have an icon pop up in my system tray when i received a new mail. I accidently hid it one time and it no longer comes back. How can i get it back. I run Outlook Xp on a Win XP pro machine. Thanks in advance.. --minnoce944 Check Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. MAke sure the checkbox for "show an envelope in the notification area" is checked. If it is, right click on the Windows taskbar. Choose Properties, then customize. Your icon might have just been set to always hide. If so, you can change it to always show. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

junk mail maintains disabling when moved to Inbox
Recently when I select an email from the Junk Mail folder, mark it as not junk and allow the sender as a safe sender and then move the email to my Inbox, the email is still showing this dialogue "Links and other functionality have been disabled in this message. To restore functionality, move this message to the Inbox. This message was marked as spam unsing the Outlook Junk E-mail filter." It used to be that when I did all the steps and moved it to my Inbox, the message was like any accepted message, but this way I can't reply or move it anywhere else. If you are...

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > Check this out > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OoSFMGZhGHA.12...

Outlook Delevers Same Mail over and over
I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the send or receive button. Any Ideas of what I need to do? Thank you Josh In news:OLblTqFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Josh <jsawyer@insightbb.com> typed: > I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had > the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now > that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the >...

Delete partial string
Hello! I have a column with strin in cells 26-02-2004 09:27 jhfkfhg fhgfjfg 26-02-2004 10:28 ewqteter rerewewtrre I know delete date/hour group with Replace, but I need inverse. Preserv date/hour group and delete only alfanumeric string. Is possible in Excel? Thanks in advance. an Hi one way (if your data is always structured as below) - add a helper column (lets say B) - insert the following formula in B1 (if column A stores your data): =LEFT(A1,FIND(":",A1)+2) copy down - now you can copy this row and insert it again with 'Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank K...

MS Word Mail Merge Wizard and Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3A7AA.C2BC11D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Office 2002. I am using the Mail Merge Wizard in MS Word = (Tools/Letters & Mailing/Mail Merge Wizard) to create a bunch of = letters. I have all the text data in an Excel worksheet. It is very = easy to use Word to merge the two together. My problem is that some of = cells have multiple line spaces between paragraphs. The word document = does not pick up the line spaces. An examp...

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

Deleting a excel file
Thanks for reading. I'm on a network at work, no signing in needed on the computer. Is there a way I can make a Excel file or folder and have where others can't delete it? I know how to protect it where the file can't be changed, but sometimes someone will delete it. I know this is the Windows 2000 security question but hope to fine the answer here, I'm lost. Thanks Much Bob Talk to your IT staff. Ask them to give you a share or folder on that network that only you (and a trusted co-worker) have write access to. But make...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

Sending mail in outlook
How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is there any to compose a message in outlook and send it from my hotmail account or my hotmail address linked as the sender? Outlook 2002 was the first version that allowed for Hotmail, check here though for kludgy workaround http://www.slipstick.com/config/ol2000hotmail.htm "Colman" <colmanchamberlain@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:09bd01c35aad$65306ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I send hotmail messages in outlook 2000? So, is > there any to compose a message in outlook and send it > from my hotmail acc...