deleting e-mail

I cannot delete incoming e-mail, either individually or "en masse" by using
the CONT and SHIFT buttons.  When I check the e-mails in their little boxes,
and hit "Delete", they disappear temporarily from my in-box, and the trash
can number goes up, but moments later the process is reversed and they
reappear in my inbox and the trash can number goes down. The same thing
happens when I try to "move" the e-mails into the junk or trash can folders.
The end result is that I cannot permanently delete my incoming emails.

What could cause this apparent undelete-ability and what can I do about it?
dotnet.faqs 17 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Renald,

Since this is a group for frequently asked questions about .NET, you are
not going to get an answer about email here.  Instead, you look look at
your email program - find out what it is and then look for help in a
forum related to that program.

Regards,

Laurie Comerford

  Renald wrote:
> I cannot delete incoming e-mail, either individually or "en masse" by using
> the CONT and SHIFT buttons.  When I check the e-mails in their little boxes,
> and hit "Delete", they disappear temporarily from my in-box, and the trash
> can number goes up, but moments later the process is reversed and they
> reappear in my inbox and the trash can number goes down. The same thing
> happens when I try to "move" the e-mails into the junk or trash can folders.
> The end result is that I cannot permanently delete my incoming emails.
>
> What could cause this apparent undelete-ability and what can I do about it?
0
Laurie

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Junk Mail filter limit
Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? GOne Crazy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? What do you mean by this? Are you asking if there is a message size such that the junk filter will ignore messages that exceed it? Are you asking if there is a maximum size to the words or phrases the junk filter will examine? Are you asking if the filter itself can get too large? What? -- Brian Tillman ...

Rule for Deleted Items

Sent mail issue.
I have had several Emails bouncce back to me that I have not sent. The last one stated that a file (which I could not locate on my computer) was infected with the W32.Netsky.D@mm virus. I could not find the virud either. I have checked my "sent" items list. And there is no record of any of these Emails being sent. Does anybody know what this could be? It is someone who has your address that is infected. Trying to pin it down is next to impossible since these viruses spoof the sender/header/and domain. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Bad e-mail address
Outlook express keeps trying to send an e-mail with an erroneous address. Everytime I send/recieve I get the following message. How do I make it stop? "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'polson@vermontmachinetool.com'. Subject 'Sales Order #100213 Timken Cairo Wheelspindles', Account: 'www.bryantgrinder.com', Server: 'smtp.vermontel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <polson@vermontmachinetool.com>... User unknown', Port: 25, Secure...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

E-Mail #4
How do I enter an alternate e-mail address or name to show up as the "Sender" in an e-mail message? I'm creating an e-mail form for a client and want it to appear as if the e-mail is coming from them. It can be done but unless you are on the same Exchange server as the client, it's still going to look like it came from you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011367671033.aspx (If you think about it, it needs to be difficult. Otherwise I could send spam out and use your email address. Not a good thing.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor ...

How to delete chart

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

excel/word mail merge problem
Hi. I am using excel as a data source for a word mail merge document. The spreadsheet looks fine, but when I merge it, sometimes the number of decimal places in my word document is bizarre. For example, if a value in excel shows as 17.97, in the resulting word document it might appear as 17.9699999999. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using and excel 2002 and word 2002. Thanks in advance for any help. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/ass...

how can i forward an e-mail as an attachment?
just loaded outlook 2003 on windows xp. the older version of outlook i could go to "message" and click "forward as attachment". withthe new version i can't find this option. Create a new message , in the attachment drag-down menu, select Item... "sparks" <sparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D0BEE2B-AF03-495D-BD92-289051D1DC80@microsoft.com... > just loaded outlook 2003 on windows xp. the older version of outlook i could > go to "message" and click "forward as attachment". withthe new version i > ...

#Deleted

MS CRM 4.0 Print Quote to Customer Mail Merge
Trying to print a quote for a customer with multiple line items in the new MS CRM 4.0 using the mail merge. When I start the merge it imports the line items as seperate recipients and creates a new page for each line item. Is there a way set up the merge so that the line items all print on a single page for a quote. I guess I also need to address that if the total number of line items exceed the space allowed on a sinle page then they need to rollover to a new page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. William Hi William I have been struggling with this for a while now and I w...

have do I have mail sent to Outlook and leave in yahoo?
I want to have my mail copied to Outlook but leave a copy in my sbc-yahoo mail account? Is this possible? When I set up Outlook, I got my mail transferred over, but am not able to import my address book, folders, etc....so I would like to have the choice to also have a copy of the email on my yahoo/sbc account. Thanks in advance for your help. Teresa <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to have my mail copied to Outlook but leave a copy in my > sbc-yahoo mail account? Is this possible? Sure. On the Advanced tab of your mail account, check the box that says ...

Publisher 2007 Mail Merge #3
I'm trying to use an Excel file for a mail merge in Publisher (mailing labels). There are 50 addresses and I can only get Publisher to print each address across an entire sheet of labels so I end up with 30 labels with the same address. How do I set this up to print one address per label so I end up with 50 labels? thanks! larry ...