WinUSB large data question

hi

Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for WinUSB ?   How can
we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device ?

Thank for your teaching .

Hi,

On 2010=E5=B9=B407=E6=9C=8805=E6=97=A5 06:23, Kid wrote:

> Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for WinUSB ?   Ho=
w can
> we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device ?

I think setting up transfer requests of this size is a bad idea;=20
instead, just set up a loop that submits the data in handy chunks.

    Simon

0
Simon
7/5/2010 12:25:12 PM
What is the max buffer size do you suggest ?

"Simon Richter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2010年07月05日 06:23, Kid wrote:
>
> > Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for WinUSB ?   How can
> > we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device ?
>
> I think setting up transfer requests of this size is a bad idea;
> instead, just set up a loop that submits the data in handy chunks.
>
>     Simon
>
> .

Hi,

On 2010=E5=B9=B407=E6=9C=8806=E6=97=A5 08:16, Kid wrote:

> What is the max buffer size do you suggest ?

I use two buffers of 1500 bytes each, that is, I prepare the next buffer =

while the current one is transferring. Depending on your protocol, you=20
can also submit the second buffer while the first is still active; if=20
the first transfer fails for some reason, you will need to=20
resynchronize, but this way, you can keep the bus fully saturated.

Smaller buffers than 1500 bytes will hurt performance. Larger buffers=20
are generally okay, but they should be in the order of kilobytes (64kB=20
would be a good value if you are just copying data around).

    Simon

0
Simon
7/6/2010 9:57:44 AM
IIRC, the USB host controller will chunk up transfers at the 3 MB boundary,
so you can easily send a large buffer to winusb.  a 1 GB is rather large
though.

"Simon Richter"  wrote in message news:i0uumq$hs7$1@online.de...

Hi,

On 2010年07月06日 08:16, Kid wrote:

> What is the max buffer size do you suggest ?

I use two buffers of 1500 bytes each, that is, I prepare the next buffer
while the current one is transferring. Depending on your protocol, you
can also submit the second buffer while the first is still active; if
the first transfer fails for some reason, you will need to
resynchronize, but this way, you can keep the bus fully saturated.

Smaller buffers than 1500 bytes will hurt performance. Larger buffers
are generally okay, but they should be in the order of kilobytes (64kB
would be a good value if you are just copying data around).

    Simon

0
Doron

Curve Fitting to Data
Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a data series? Charlie - Bernard Liengme has an example on his web site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Charlie Webb wrote: > Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a > data series? ...

Data Consolidation
I have 20+ worksheets in a workbook. Each sheet is a timesheet for an individual and each sheet can have up to eight cost codes which will be the same on some sheets but will not be in the same position on all sheets. How do I label or set up a range so I can consolidate all of these cost codes on a seperate sheet to give me the total hours for each cost code? Could you for example do the following: Set up your new sheet with a table with all the cost codes in a column on the left, and all the people at the top. Then put a sumif, or sumproduct formulae so that it adds up all the hours ...

Opening another form and loading data into it
I currently have sort of a search engine form. It has several options that when selected creates a query on a large set of data. Everything seems to be in order. Everything is based on my Generate button at the end. When I click it, it is supposed to open a form with 2 graphs on it and a list. These graphs and lists are supposed to be updated with the queries that the other form has created. The probly I'm having is that since I'm opening a new form it is not loading the query and updating the graphs. If I just put the graph on the same page as the main form it updates no proble...

How to Extract Data
Can anyone help me? I have a billing program that I use and want information extracted from one are to another area of the spreadsheet if conditions are met. Example I want all of the data that pertains to store 603(in range O4:y999) to appear automatically in 603's invoice area (range bh6:br94). I have attached the file if that helps. Thanks Verjim +----------------------------------------------------------------+ | Attachment filename: billing.xls | |Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=352471| +---------------...

grouping data in pivottable
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I would like to define groups of data according to an uneven segementationscheme is that possible? <br><br>E.g I want to count the number o resellers that have sold different volumes so I want one group that has sold for less than 10 000, the next group being from 10 000 and up to 100 000, the next group being from 100 000 to 500 000 and the in another intervall etc. I would like to be able to do up to 10 groups. Appreciate anyones help. <br><br>/K ...

Newbie questions
Hello, I am new to this news group but have two simple questions for the wise men. First of all I am using win2k and VC 6.0 as a development environment. Now the questions. Is it possible to force a common Open File Dialog to appear in ThumbNail View for viewing images? I am using the OPENFILENAME data structure and GetOpenFileName( ) to create it. Second I have many times wished to set a break point on a memory location read/write similar to a BPM in the SoftIce debugger. Is there some way to do this with the debugger in VC 6.0? Many Thanks. David Holliday The dialog templates for the c...

External data
In my Project database (in Access 2000) I want to view financial transaction data related to projects, from our accounts software (in a subform) through an ODBC link and have no problem doing this. However, if the external data is "linked" this causes Access some problems when the external data source is not available (eg computer with database is taken out of the office and there is no network link to the external data). "Importing" the external data obviously overcomes this but then the data is not automatically up to date. Importing would also be desirable when out of of...

Duplicating data to multiple pages of the same wookbook
Can I enter data on pg1 of a wooksheet & have SOME of it automatically enter on pg2? Hi Depending on what you're really after - the following in a cell in Sheet 2 will put the data from cell A1 in sheet 1 into it. =Sheet1!A1 Cheers JulieD "DarrellK" <DarrellK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD21312C-ECD8-4D80-B4E3-6C8AC9A095C1@microsoft.com... > Can I enter data on pg1 of a wooksheet & have SOME of it automatically enter > on pg2? Hey there, This is useful for me, but if I have the name of a sheet in a cell could I use that somehow in...

Find data in two ranges
Hello, I have a worksheet with in the same row two different ranges: one with nummeric data one with time values. These two ranges works as follow the first nummeric data cooresponds with the first time value, the second nummeric data corresponds with the second time value. For the nummerric data I calculated the best of 3. Now I need the corresponding time value for those best of 3. Thanks for your help with this one. Someone replied to your other post and asked for more detail. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Santafe" <Santafe@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

large files
How can I work with data files with more than 64k records,is there some way to break a 100k file into 2 50k files and then look at each seperatley Brian, Use the macro below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub LargeFileImport() 'Dimension Variables Dim ResultStr As String Dim FileName As String Dim FileNum As Integer Dim Counter As Double 'Ask User for File's Name FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename 'Check for no entry If FileName = "" Then End 'Get Next Available File Handle Number FileNum = FreeFile() 'Open Text File For Input Open FileName For Input As ...

copying data from Access 2002 to Excel
In Access 97, I could open a query and copy all or certain rows to paste into Excel. When I pasted them into Excel, the numbers were pasted as numeric. With Access 2002 when I paste numbers into excel, they are formatted at General and I have to do a Text to Columns to format the data as numeric. Is there an option that I need to change? AFAIK, there's no option setting that will change this behaviour. However, instead of pasting the data from Access, you can choose Edit>Paste Special, and choose csv or Text. Or, do a normal paste, and then change the data back to numbers: ...

Exporting Data to Excel
I am trying to export data into an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way using VBA to automatically set up the sheet and have the data import? Or would I have to use commands such as List Columns and List Rows? Any help will be appreciated. Where are you trying to import that data from? Another workbook, another sheet, different application (i.e. access, sql)? I'd say record the macro while you go to Data, Import External Data and find the file and import. you can adjust from there. "mdup" wrote: > I am trying to export data into an excel spreadsheet. Is...

Quick Question #6
How do I install AD Users and Computers on the Exchange server again? I need to be able to perform Exchange tasks such as creating mailbox's for users from the Exchange Server. Thanks. it should've installed with the Exchange installation. I would run the Exchange install CD again and see if you can "update" the install to add the AD stuff. Also, before doing that, make sure it isn't already there somewhere. Either in Start->Programs->Microsoft Exchange or Start->Run and type MMC and ok, click Console->Add\Remove-Snap-in, click Add and see if it is in the...

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

CLR to convert RTF data to image
Is it possible using CLR to convert RTF data in a SQL database to image? Thanks in advance. MichaelH (bmiguelh@gmail.com) writes: > Is it possible using CLR to convert RTF data in a SQL database to > image? Hm, yes, but I'm not really sure what you are up to. To start with, the image data type is deprecated, and you are much better off using varbinary(MAX). Second, if you want to store an RTF document in a varbinary(MAX) column, you don't really have to convert it, just store the bytes. I have a very simple example on http://www.sommarskog.se/blobload.txt. ...

Question about clb.dll error
I was trying to access regedit and I got an error message that there is something wrong with clb.dll. Most of the 'fixes' say that I need to go back to a restore point before I installed 'the' program that caused the problem. Well, since I have no idea when this started, I'm not going to try to go back to a restore point. I did read that you can copy the dll file from another computer and replace the one that's not working. Is the clb.dll from XP going to work in Vista? I was thinking of copying the file from my work pc (XP Pro) to my Vista (Home Premiu...

mailbox too large to access
I've got a mailbox for NDR messages. I've neglected it for a while and it's now around 3GB. It won't open in Outlook in order to delete stuff. Any suggestions other than deleting the entire mailbox. Win2k3/Ex2k3 all packed Thanks in advance, Matt On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:33:53 -0400, "Matt" <matt@nospam.com> wrote: >I've got a mailbox for NDR messages. I've neglected it for a while and it's >now around 3GB. It won't open in Outlook in order to delete stuff. Any >suggestions other than deleting the entire mailbox. > >...

How to sort/update large excel db
Hi - this is way out of my league - don't know what questions to ask, not even sure I'll understand the answers, but I've gotta try, & there's a short time frame. Here's the situation: I need to work on a large (>15,000) client list. Updates to existing records, adding new records in various categories, & generating grouped lists. Most of the records have one or more blank fields, & need to stay that way. I can't figure out how to sort/filter/update/add, and still preserve the blank fields. The data seems to shift into the wrong records, screwi...

Comparing Data Need to Include & Exclude #2

Is it possible to transpose 2 columns of data into 1 row?
I have the following spreadsheet: 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d I would like to have this format: 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I would use a macro something like the following. I assumed that your data was in Columns A & B starting in A1 and that you wanted everything in Row 1. Don't forget that you have only 256 columns on the sheet. I didn't write in any error trap for running out of columns. HTH Otto Sub ShuffleData() Dim RngA As Range Dim i As Range Set RngA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)) F...

Issue while sending large file
When I send a large file - while looking at the Details while it is sending, Outlook will start another Send/Receive process. It apparently has nothing to do with doing an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes because it starts the next send/receive before the 5 minutes is up. I don't know that this causes any problems, but it doesn't look right. Any ideas of how to stop this behavior? ...

importing personal data
Using Office 2003 under XP Pro: I've had to set up a new user account but still have the Application Data folder with all its contents from my former profile. How can I access my old data i.e. contacts and calendar info and importit into my new profile? I don't have any new data that I need to keep so I can replace the data as opposed to merging it. Thanks William Barnes ...

Importing Sample Data
Greetings, We have encountered a problem setting up our eval of CRM. Basically we created the users and licenced them and then tried to import the sample data - which we now know is wrong. So we are left in the situation where the Import Data Wizard is encountering a problem and says we need to reinstall CRM? Is there any way around this? It seems ridiculous we have to reinstall the whole product just to re-import the data. Also, is there any way to revoke a CRM client licence from a user? Is this what happens when you disable the user in CRM? TIA Matt Hi: I have gone through this scena...

Priv1.mdb is large, but mailboxes aren't (even after defrag)
We had some sort of hiccup last night on our Exchange 2003 server. The private information store was about 8GB in size yesterday afternoon. But, something made it bloat to the 16Gb limit last evening and it shut itself down. I was able to mount it temporarily and see that our mailboxes still only added up to about 8Gb. This is a fairly new production server that was migrated over, and there weren't any deleted mailboxes (or a lot of deleted items). After an offline defrag, the store is about 12Gb. What could have made this happen? What's taking up all that extra space? Mike t...

WinUSB
Hi there, Does anybody happen to know, do WinUSB drivers exist for Windows CE 6? Many thanks, Paul Be a little more-specific. You want some sort of generic interface for programs running on Windows CE devices that have host ports for talking to devices connected to those Windows CE hosts? Or you want to talk to your Windows CE device from a PC running WinUSB? Paul T. "Paul Mulvey" wrote: > Hi there, > > Does anybody happen to know, do WinUSB drivers exist for Windows CE 6? > > Many thanks, > Paul > . > On 18 June, 16:17, P...