Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces fails after SetupDiGetClassDevs success?

I have a strange problem with the "classic" device interface
enumeration code (see below).
It works on all WinXP machines we tried it on, except one.
Unfortunately that is a customer's machine so I can't hack it freely,
need some concrete ideas to act upon.

In short, I call SetupDiGetClassDevs(&MY_GUID,... DIGCF_INTERFACEDEVICE)
to get devices with my interface. There is exactly one such device,
created by my driver. This call returns success.
Then I call SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces again for my interface GUID -
and it fails with GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS ???
I know that the driver successfully enabled this interface,  it
shows up in the registry, with correct reference count and so on.

What can be wrong here? Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces can fail?
This machine is loaded with lots of various software, but generally behaves
well.

The function below is in a DLL, loaded by a console app, both compiled wih
VC2005 .

Regards,
Pavel

---------- code -------
#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <initguid.h>
#include <setupapi.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "setupapi")

#define _MAX_DEVINTERFACE_NAME_CCH 512

int openDriver( HANDLE *hnd )
{
    // Get list of devices with our class GUID:
    HDEVINFO classDevs = SetupDiGetClassDevs( &MY_GUID,
		 NULL, NULL, DIGCF_PRESENT | DIGCF_DEVICEINTERFACE );

    if ( (INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE == classDevs) || (NULL == classDevs) )
    {
        dprintWarn("No supported devices found\n");
        return -1;
    }

    SP_DEVICE_INTERFACE_DATA ifdata;
    ifdata.cbSize = sizeof(ifdata);
    if( !SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(classDevs, NULL, &MY_GUID, 0,
&ifdata) )
    {
	    //<<< HERE IT FAILS  GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS
		dprintWarn("OpenDriver: No supported devices found\n");
		SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList(classDevs);
		return -2;
    }

	// Get the name for CreateFile
}

0
Pavel

Looks OK to me.

Have you tried fetching DeviceInfoData first? Don't know how it could make
any difference, but...

Thomas F. Divine

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message
> I have a strange problem with the "classic" device interface
> enumeration code (see below).
> It works on all WinXP machines we tried it on, except one.
> Unfortunately that is a customer's machine so I can't hack it freely,
> need some concrete ideas to act upon.
>
> In short, I call SetupDiGetClassDevs(&MY_GUID,... DIGCF_INTERFACEDEVICE)
> to get devices with my interface. There is exactly one such device,
> created by my driver. This call returns success.
> Then I call SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces again for my interface GUID -
> and it fails with GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS ???
> I know that the driver successfully enabled this interface,  it
> shows up in the registry, with correct reference count and so on.
>
> What can be wrong here? Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces can fail?
> This machine is loaded with lots of various software, but generally
> behaves well.
>
> The function below is in a DLL, loaded by a console app, both compiled wih
> VC2005 .
>
> Regards,
> Pavel
>
> ---------- code -------
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <initguid.h>
> #include <setupapi.h>
> #pragma comment(lib, "setupapi")
>
> #define _MAX_DEVINTERFACE_NAME_CCH 512
>
> int openDriver( HANDLE *hnd )
> {
>    // Get list of devices with our class GUID:
>    HDEVINFO classDevs = SetupDiGetClassDevs( &MY_GUID,
> NULL, NULL, DIGCF_PRESENT | DIGCF_DEVICEINTERFACE );
>
>    if ( (INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE == classDevs) || (NULL == classDevs) )
>    {
>        dprintWarn("No supported devices found\n");
>        return -1;
>    }
>
>    SP_DEVICE_INTERFACE_DATA ifdata;
>    ifdata.cbSize = sizeof(ifdata);
>    if( !SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(classDevs, NULL, &MY_GUID, 0,
> &ifdata) )
>    {
>     //<<< HERE IT FAILS  GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS
> dprintWarn("OpenDriver: No supported devices found\n");
> SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList(classDevs);
> return -2;
>    }
>
> // Get the name for CreateFile
> }

0
Thomas
8/10/2010 10:25:07 PM
"Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote in message
> Looks OK to me.

For me too... and it even works on many machines...

> Have you tried fetching DeviceInfoData first? Don't know how it could make
> any difference, but...

Thanks, Thomas, will try.
By the way, when I looked for the GetLastError symbolic name,
103 is ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS, but it is also STATUS_PENDING
as NTSTATUS... does this make any sense?

Thanks.
-- pa

> Thomas F. Divine
>

> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message
>> I have a strange problem with the "classic" device interface
>> enumeration code (see below).
>> It works on all WinXP machines we tried it on, except one.
>> Unfortunately that is a customer's machine so I can't hack it freely,
>> need some concrete ideas to act upon.
>>
>> In short, I call SetupDiGetClassDevs(&MY_GUID,... DIGCF_INTERFACEDEVICE)
>> to get devices with my interface. There is exactly one such device,
>> created by my driver. This call returns success.
>> Then I call SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces again for my interface GUID -
>> and it fails with GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS ???
>> I know that the driver successfully enabled this interface,  it
>> shows up in the registry, with correct reference count and so on.
>>
>> What can be wrong here? Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces can fail?
>> This machine is loaded with lots of various software, but generally
>> behaves well.
>>
>> The function below is in a DLL, loaded by a console app, both compiled
>> wih VC2005 .
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pavel
>>
>> ---------- code -------
>> #include <windows.h>
>> #include <stdio.h>
>> #include <initguid.h>
>> #include <setupapi.h>
>> #pragma comment(lib, "setupapi")
>>
>> #define _MAX_DEVINTERFACE_NAME_CCH 512
>>
>> int openDriver( HANDLE *hnd )
>> {
>>    // Get list of devices with our class GUID:
>>    HDEVINFO classDevs = SetupDiGetClassDevs( &MY_GUID,
>> NULL, NULL, DIGCF_PRESENT | DIGCF_DEVICEINTERFACE );
>>
>>    if ( (INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE == classDevs) || (NULL == classDevs) )
>>    {
>>        dprintWarn("No supported devices found\n");
>>        return -1;
>>    }
>>
>>    SP_DEVICE_INTERFACE_DATA ifdata;
>>    ifdata.cbSize = sizeof(ifdata);
>>    if( !SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(classDevs, NULL, &MY_GUID, 0,
>> &ifdata) )
>>    {
>>     //<<< HERE IT FAILS  GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS
>> dprintWarn("OpenDriver: No supported devices found\n");
>> SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList(classDevs);
>> return -2;
>>    }
>>
>> // Get the name for CreateFile
>> }

0
Pavel
8/10/2010 10:58:44 PM
Maybe there is confusion between Win32 error codes (WinError.h) and NT
status codes (NTStatus.h).

Perhaps pending is correct in this case because of some delay...

Thos

> "Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Looks OK to me.
>
> For me too... and it even works on many machines...
>
>> Have you tried fetching DeviceInfoData first? Don't know how it could
>> make any difference, but...
>
> Thanks, Thomas, will try.
> By the way, when I looked for the GetLastError symbolic name,
> 103 is ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS, but it is also STATUS_PENDING
> as NTSTATUS... does this make any sense?
>
> Thanks.
> -- pa
>
>> Thomas F. Divine
>>

>> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message
>>> I have a strange problem with the "classic" device interface
>>> enumeration code (see below).
>>> It works on all WinXP machines we tried it on, except one.
>>> Unfortunately that is a customer's machine so I can't hack it freely,
>>> need some concrete ideas to act upon.
>>>
>>> In short, I call SetupDiGetClassDevs(&MY_GUID,... DIGCF_INTERFACEDEVICE)
>>> to get devices with my interface. There is exactly one such device,
>>> created by my driver. This call returns success.
>>> Then I call SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces again for my interface GUID -
>>> and it fails with GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS ???
>>> I know that the driver successfully enabled this interface,  it
>>> shows up in the registry, with correct reference count and so on.
>>>
>>> What can be wrong here? Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces can fail?
>>> This machine is loaded with lots of various software, but generally
>>> behaves well.
>>>
>>> The function below is in a DLL, loaded by a console app, both compiled
>>> wih VC2005 .
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pavel
>>>
>>> ---------- code -------
>>> #include <windows.h>
>>> #include <stdio.h>
>>> #include <initguid.h>
>>> #include <setupapi.h>
>>> #pragma comment(lib, "setupapi")
>>>
>>> #define _MAX_DEVINTERFACE_NAME_CCH 512
>>>
>>> int openDriver( HANDLE *hnd )
>>> {
>>>    // Get list of devices with our class GUID:
>>>    HDEVINFO classDevs = SetupDiGetClassDevs( &MY_GUID,
>>> NULL, NULL, DIGCF_PRESENT | DIGCF_DEVICEINTERFACE );
>>>
>>>    if ( (INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE == classDevs) || (NULL == classDevs) )
>>>    {
>>>        dprintWarn("No supported devices found\n");
>>>        return -1;
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    SP_DEVICE_INTERFACE_DATA ifdata;
>>>    ifdata.cbSize = sizeof(ifdata);
>>>    if( !SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(classDevs, NULL, &MY_GUID, 0,
>>> &ifdata) )
>>>    {
>>>     //<<< HERE IT FAILS  GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS
>>> dprintWarn("OpenDriver: No supported devices found\n");
>>> SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList(classDevs);
>>> return -2;
>>>    }
>>>
>>> // Get the name for CreateFile
>>> }

0
Thomas
8/11/2010 1:22:26 PM
Catched the culprit: Logitech USB camera driver LVUSBsta.sys.
It changed the security for built-in class Unknown ("Other devices") so that
only Local system can access it.
No idea why they did this.
Since my driver is in Unknown class, it was affected.

I've deleted the Unknown class from registry, rebooted and noticed that
somebody created it again.
The rest was simple, thanks to Sysinternals procmon: I've set it to log
registry writes on the class key during boot,
restarted again and the Logitech driver was catched with red hands.

The fix was to specify security for my device in the INF, so it won't
inherit it from the (hacked) class.
Back to basics, every day :(

Regards,
-- pa

> Maybe there is confusion between Win32 error codes (WinError.h) and NT
> status codes (NTStatus.h).
>
> Perhaps pending is correct in this case because of some delay...
>
> Thos
>

> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message
>> "Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Looks OK to me.
>>
>> For me too... and it even works on many machines...
>>
>>> Have you tried fetching DeviceInfoData first? Don't know how it could
>>> make any difference, but...
>>
>> Thanks, Thomas, will try.
>> By the way, when I looked for the GetLastError symbolic name,
>> 103 is ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS, but it is also STATUS_PENDING
>> as NTSTATUS... does this make any sense?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> -- pa
>>
>>> Thomas F. Divine
>>>

>>> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message

0
Pavel
8/12/2010 1:27:44 AM
Good sleuthing, Pavel. I'll remember that one.

Thomas

> Catched the culprit: Logitech USB camera driver LVUSBsta.sys.
> It changed the security for built-in class Unknown ("Other devices") so
> that only Local system can access it.
> No idea why they did this.
> Since my driver is in Unknown class, it was affected.
>
> I've deleted the Unknown class from registry, rebooted and noticed that
> somebody created it again.
> The rest was simple, thanks to Sysinternals procmon: I've set it to log
> registry writes on the class key during boot,
> restarted again and the Logitech driver was catched with red hands.
>
> The fix was to specify security for my device in the INF, so it won't
> inherit it from the (hacked) class.
> Back to basics, every day :(
>
> Regards,
> -- pa
>

> "Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Maybe there is confusion between Win32 error codes (WinError.h) and NT
>> status codes (NTStatus.h).
>>
>> Perhaps pending is correct in this case because of some delay...
>>
>> Thos
>>

>> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@12fastmail34.fm> wrote in message
>>> "Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote in message
>>>
>>> For me too... and it even works on many machines...

>>> Thanks, Thomas, will try.
>>> By the way, when I looked for the GetLastError symbolic name,
>>> 103 is ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS, but it is also STATUS_PENDING
>>> as NTSTATUS... does this make any sense?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> -- pa

0
Thomas

SMO.Detach fails due to active connection.
I am programming in VS2008 C# using SMO I would like to execute a SMO.Server.Detach(Database) which works if there are no connections open and fails if there is an open connection which makes sense. My question is: Is there an SMO method to force all connections closed or force the dtabase to be in a state so that the server.detach() will not fail? Thanks Morris -- Thanks Morris Morris Neuman (Morris@online.nospam) writes: > My question is: > Is there an SMO method to force all connections closed or force the > dtabase to be in a state so that the server.deta...

CRM SBE install on a 2nd server in a SBS 2003 domain fails
I have been trying to setup a test environment for CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition. My configuration is as follows: Box 1 has SBS 2003 Premium with Exchange and IIS installed and running. ISA and SQL are not installed. Box 2 has W2K3 Server with SQL Server 2000 SP4 and IIS installed and running. W2K3 Box 2 is a member server in the SBS 2003 domain with connectivity verified. Verified Box 2's presence in "AD Computers" on SBS box. I get the following error when installing to W2K3 Box 2 and applying the product key. The error message in the crm30svrsetup.log states: You ha...

Security Accounts Manager Initialization failed
When I turn on my computer (XP, SP3) I cannot boot but get the following error: 'Security Accounts Manager Initialization failed because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Error Status 0xc0000001. Please click OK to shut down the computer and reboot into Safe Mode, check event log for more detailed information.' When I boot into Safe Mode I cannot get passed the same error message. When I try to boot into Last Good the same thing happens. It appears that my SAM is corrupted in some way, but I cannot get the computer to boot ...

SetupDiGetClassDevs and SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050600090505000009080306 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm using the WinUSB sdk (running XP SP3) for a custom USB device. I've made the .inf file from the How to Use WinUSB to Communicate with a USB Device documentation, and modified appropriately. SetupDiGetClassDevs(&InterfaceGuid, NULL, NULL, DIGCF_PRESENT); works, and returns the appropriate list. SetupDiEnumDeviceInfo(hdevClassInfo, 0, &devinfo); works as well, and returns info about ...

messages fail to go out
hi, i have a SBS 2003 , running as : Domain.local server : Server.Domain.local i have a mail domain : Mail-il.com server : Server.Mail-il.com for each user there are smtp mails for both the inner address and the outer address and pop3 connector define to all. the problem is when i send a mail from one user to another user to the Mail-il.com address it never leaves the server and the Exchange account takes the message directly , without it reaching the Mail-il.com mailbox. and if i send mail to a user who has only Mail-il.com mailbox i get an error reply that the user doesnt exis...

wizard sets up outlook extra account but it fails to work
Additional account sets up ok with the wizard, including test e mail. But it does not work. I try sending a test email from hotmail and it does not arrive, nor can i send anything. Is it to do with wanadoo not providing extra passwords for extra accounts. I hate sending e mails with my wifes address. I want my own. Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Additional account sets up ok with the wizard, including test e mail. > But it does not work. I try sending a test email from hotmail and it > does not arrive, nor can i send anything. Is it to do with wanadoo >...

AfxDaoInit Failed
Hi, I want to use a database in my program in VC++ 6 with classes CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset But when i want to use my program on Windows 98, my program failed on the function AfxDaoInit(); My database is created with MS JET. Is there anybody with the same problem? and how to correct that ??? Thanks Lall "Lall" <rdubus@addonmail.com> wrote in message news:e2X0XGeVDHA.1704@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to use a database in my program in VC++ 6 with classes CDaoDatabase > and CDaoRecordset > > But when i want to use my program on Windows 98...

Outlook 2003 gives me the error "Failed to update headers"
I have a customer who has not been able to receive any new mail using Outlook, although he can send. When he opens Outlook, there is no error, but when he clicks on Inbox, a message shows up that says "Failed to update headers". We login to a domain here, and he gets the same problem with any machine he logs into. Thought it may have been an issue with his account, but server and account administration support says everything checks out fine. The fact that it happens on every computer, and identical symptoms, is a clear sign to me that it is an issue with his account, although I ...

Cannot send a large email. Says 'Operation failed'
I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed. I have send other emails with no problems. What does this mean. It means you need to ask in an Outlook newsgroup. "Sadiyah Muhammad" <Sadiyah Muhammad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2C255B3-8E5B-43C9-9D8F-6B91574E2C7E@microsoft.com... :I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word : attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed. I have send other : emails with no problems. : : W...

Migrating Incidents Failed with DMF
I'm trying to import our old incident database into CRM 1.2. Everything else was already loaded into CRM with Scribe (license expired). I want to map all the incidents to one account, our company, which is already in the AccountBase table in the CRM database. How do I get our existing account mapped to the AccountID in cdf_Incident? Everything else is mapped fine. IE, the owning users and subjects came over to the cdf database. Thanks Tonya Bednarick Salamander Technologies, Inc. ...

CFileDialog fails to domodal when logging on as a power user...
Hi, I have a piece of code shown below: CFileDialog dlg(FALSE, _T("csv"), sDefault, OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT | OFN_EXTENSIONDIFFERENT, szFilters, NULL); if (dlg.DoModal() != IDOK) return; On some machines, if I loggon as a power user, the DoModal() always fails. Do you have any clue or resolution for this problem? Your help is much appreciated. Tony Forgot to mention one thing. I even didn't see the dialog box popped out. DoModal() simply returned a failure status without popping up a dialog box. Tony Did you try the GetCommDlgErrorCode (or a name very much resembl...

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade failed
I am tring to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 1.3. i uninstalled 1.2 and started a new installation of CRM 3.0 with 1.2 database. every thing is just on one box. Last time i just ran it and it went well but this time it is failing with message Database export failed. There is no clear answer on google groups against this issue. If any one can guide on this issue. Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. Fruther LOG 9:51:08| Info| === Setup bootstrap logging started 9/29/2006 9:51:08 AM === 09:51:08| Info| Bootstrap version: 3.0.5300.0. 09:51:08| Info| Us...

Why Failed?????
I got the Address of ExtTextOutW of GDI32.dll,the Address is lower then 0x80000000. Then Change the memory protection property to PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE. Copy some word into the beginning that Address. But It's failed.The System break down. WHy? The corresponding code is here: FARPROC pTxtCode; HMODULE hMGDI=GetModuleHandle("GDI32.Dll"); pTxtCode=GetProcAddress(hMGDI,TEXT("ExtTextOutW")); BOOL bR=VirtualProtect(pTxtCode,32,PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE,&SourceOld); BYTE HookCode[8]; //the content of HookCode is a jump asm code: // HookCode[0]=FFh // HookCode[1]=78h...

Error message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
When I setup the mail account, the account can send and receive email. BUT, when I setup the email account in home it cant send email, but it can receive email and show the following error message: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" What can I do? Brian Brian, It sounds like you have a firewall blocking port 25.try to telnet to a mail server out on the internet and see what happens. If your firewall is blocking ...

5.5 to 2003 migration fails
I set up a new 2003 server as a new AD. I migrated the user accounts from my NT4 domain using ADMT.I installed exc2003. I am now trying to migrate the mailboxes from a exc5.5 NT4 domain to the new AD with a new organization. I step through the exchange migration and select the mailboxes I want to migrate. It completes, but with errors. No malboxes are migrated. The event log says that it can not create the account and that it could not find the mail box. What I would realy like to do is perform a replication of the mailboxes between the two servers until I turn off the 5.5. That is how I upgr...

restore fails
actually, restore does not even start!!! Let me see if I have this correct... I am running Vista Home Premium. I have been using "Microsoft Backup and Restore" to backup my system on a regular basis. Start>Control Panel>Backup and Restore Now today, I wanted to restore the last full backup. I keep selecting files and folders to restore, looking for the button that says "GO". Do I have this correct? I can backup but I cannot use that backup? I cannot restore? Surely I misunderstand. Charles ...

Publisher fails install
While attempting to install MS Publisher 2003 on a XP Pro box with SP2 the install gets to about 90 % then begins to roll back without installing. Any ideas on this. I also copied the cd to the C drive but had the same results. Do you have an anti-virus program? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frank F" <Frank F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B3FA9AE-3E8D...

launch Excel failed
I have a Excel spreadsheet to run function and retrieve data from Access database. My Excel is able to launch MS Access, but one machine is failed to run it automatically. I can manually run the MS Access application and the Excel still can run the function and get data. I would like to run the MS Access application automatically. what could be problem? Is it posssible the machine missing some dll? If yes, Excel can get data from database. The code is failed when the Excel open ADO connection. Your information is great appreciated, hi, Souris wrote: > The code is failed when th...

Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces fails after SetupDiGetClassDevs success?
I have a strange problem with the "classic" device interface enumeration code (see below). It works on all WinXP machines we tried it on, except one. Unfortunately that is a customer's machine so I can't hack it freely, need some concrete ideas to act upon. In short, I call SetupDiGetClassDevs(&MY_GUID,... DIGCF_INTERFACEDEVICE) to get devices with my interface. There is exactly one such device, created by my driver. This call returns success. Then I call SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces again for my interface GUID - and it fails with GetLastError=ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEM...

Commerce FAIL
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Here it is like 730 and I have a deadline for a design project and I'm forced to use the new version of PowerPoint. Fine. I will buy the software, because as much as I resent it, I know eventually I will have to buy Office 2008. So I go to find out where I can download it. It's possible that I was looking in all the wrong places, but to the best of my knowledge it can't be downloaded and registered like every other piece of software in the universe. So here I am. I want to buy your product, and I CAN'T. I'm sure the...

updates fail
i get update has failed code 646. what can i do to resolve this problem. johnsal19 wrote: > i get update has failed code 646. what can i do to resolve this > problem. If english is not your primary language, you may want to post someplace where you can use your primary language. Either way - a little information would be advised from you... Operating System? Service Pack? Architecture? List of the updates KB######'s? What AntiVirus you have installed? What you have tried in order to fix this issue yourself? When was the last time you got updates properly? Start...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...