WHQL Test For Filter Driver

Hi all,

    We develop a disk low filter driver and we want to get the
certification for this driver from Microsoft, what test catalog
it should be passed in WLK? our software package includes
a disk low filter driver and a bus enumeration driver, thanks.

Regards,
Peter,

0
Peter

"Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:

>    We develop a disk low filter driver and we want to get the
>certification for this driver from Microsoft, what test catalog
>it should be passed in WLK? our software package includes
>a disk low filter driver and a bus enumeration driver, thanks.

What device class do you have in the header of your INF file?  That
determines the class you need to file under.

The lower filter itself, since it doesn't use an INF file, will probably
have to go unclassified.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Regards,
Peter,

"Tim Roberts" <timr@probo.com> ???
news:ek4rp55o2t2paee9cpfepal0a9n1481vgh@4ax.com ???...
> "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:
> >
> >    We develop a disk low filter driver and we want to get the
> >certification for this driver from Microsoft, what test catalog
> >it should be passed in WLK? our software package includes
> >a disk low filter driver and a bus enumeration driver, thanks.
>
> What device class do you have in the header of your INF file?  That
> determines the class you need to file under.
>
> The lower filter itself, since it doesn't use an INF file, will probably
> have to go unclassified.
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

0
Peter
3/22/2010 7:33:09 AM
"Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:

>     The device class of our INF for the filter driver is DiskDrive, the
>device of our INF file for the bus enumeration driver is System, if we
>want to provide this software package including the filter driver and
>bus enumeration driver, what test catalog they should go for
>certification in WLK? In the same catalog or has its own catalog? Do
>we need to discuss with Microsoft?

You have two driver packages in two different classes.  That's two catalog
files and two submissions.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
0
Tim
3/23/2010 3:15:41 AM
Hi all,

    Which test catalog they shoud go for the certification in WLK? and

news:52cgq5dqorbc7nugdsl99p1ilau6ptmomp@4ax.com ???...
> "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:
> >
> >     The device class of our INF for the filter driver is DiskDrive, the
> >device of our INF file for the bus enumeration driver is System, if we
> >want to provide this software package including the filter driver and
> >bus enumeration driver, what test catalog they should go for
> >certification in WLK? In the same catalog or has its own catalog? Do
> >we need to discuss with Microsoft?
>
> You have two driver packages in two different classes.  That's two catalog
> files and two submissions.
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

0
Peter
3/23/2010 3:34:30 AM
"Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:

>    Which test catalog they shoud go for the certification in WLK? and
>we need to discuss with Microsoft?

I'm not sure I understand how a lower filter driver could be in a
DiskDrive-class INF file.  You aren't installing a new devnode.  How do you
install it?  Do you use right-click Install?

A System device will have to go unclassified.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
0
Tim
3/25/2010 3:24:56 AM
Hi,
     Thank you, I got it.
     We use right-click Install to install our disk low filter driver,
if our driver package needs to go to unclassified catalog for certification
in WLK, do we just need to pass all test items in unclassified catalog or
need to discuss with Microsoft for additional test?

Regards,
Peter,

"Tim Roberts" <timr@probo.com> ???
news:4qllq59rslqp0vevmo2kmkq0rjppdf92b3@4ax.com ???...
> "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:
> >
> >    Which test catalog they shoud go for the certification in WLK? and
> >we need to discuss with Microsoft?
>
> I'm not sure I understand how a lower filter driver could be in a
> DiskDrive-class INF file.  You aren't installing a new devnode.  How do
you
> install it?  Do you use right-click Install?
>
> A System device will have to go unclassified.
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

0
Peter
3/25/2010 8:00:09 AM
"Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> wrote:

>     We use right-click Install to install our disk low filter driver,
>if our driver package needs to go to unclassified catalog for certification
>in WLK, do we just need to pass all test items in unclassified catalog or
>need to discuss with Microsoft for additional test?

Ah, I see.  You do not really have a disk-class device.  A right-click
install is not really a device installation.  It doesn't involve device
manager at all.  It's just a cheap substitute for a software installer.
Most of the INF INF is not even used, including the device class.

You can't submit the filter driver for WLK.  Fortunately, you don't NEED
to.  Since there is no device installation, the WHQL signature check will
not be done.

If your other device uses a real INF, then it would need to submit as
unclassified.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
0
Tim

DirectShow Filter on Win CE
Dear Team, I modified the DirectShow's ball sample on PC to play the audio file and tested using GraphEdit tool. Kindly provide the pointer of achieving the same thing on Win CE 6.0 Can I create a subproject or include SDK in the catalog. How to build the graph and test it. Regards. Under %_WINCEROOT%\PUBLIC\DIRECTX\SDK\SAMPLES\DSHOW\FILTERS\BALL you have basically (I think) the same sample program. I imagine that you can clone the code, import it in VS, include the modifications you made on the PC projects and give it a try. -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Emb...

XmlNode Enum Test
Is there a way to test if an XmlNode represents an enum? Paul wrote: > Is there a way to test if an XmlNode represents an enum? I don't understand the question, XmlNode is an abstract base class for several derived classes like XmlDocument, XmlDocumentFragment, XmlAttribute and others. How do you think does an XmlDocument or XmlDocumentFragment for instance look that "represents an enum"? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Could yuo be more specific? To check if an string/int is defined in a enum, use Enum.IsDefined method. Thi - http:...

Test
Test only ...

All 5 DCs in W2K8 R2 forest/domain failed test VerifyReferences
Hello, We just built a new W2K8 R2 single domain forest right out of the box being at W2K8 R2 forest/domain level from the get go which I thought means the SYSVOL will use DFRS, not FRS to replicate. All 5 of our DCs fail this DCDiag test: dcdiag /e /test:verifyreferences Testing server: SiteA\PrimaryServerOne Starting test: VerifyReferences Some objects relating to the DC PRIMARYSERVERONE have problems: [1] Problem: Missing Expected Value Base Object: CN=PRIMARYSERVERONE,OU=Main,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=BIGOrganization,DC=ds ...

test #11
test ...

donotbulkemail field not available as filter in "Edit Filter Crite
The column "donotbulkemail" does not appear in the list of columns on which to filter a Contact view. The column _is_ available to be added to the view. Now, the kicker...the first time I went about setting up a new contact view, the columnd "donotbulkemail" was visible and available for the filter. I deleted that view...the next time I attempted to create the view, the column no longer showed in the list. This also happened, I think, with a column at the account level. Clearing local cache and rebooting MS CRM server did nothing. Where did the column go? T...

Filter Table based on Cell Value
I have an Excel (2007) worksheet that is linked to an MS Access (2003) table. When I refresh the data, the entire table comes over. I would like to filter this data based on the value of a cell in a different worksheet (same workbook) so that it only brings in the data for the specified value. I would also like to specify which fields I want to bring in (like I said, the whole table comes over). Example: My Access table has daily transaction records and a "transaction date" field. I would like to only bring in records that have a "transaction date" that is...

Office 2004 Test Drive
I have installed Microsoft Office 2004 - but did NOT uninstall Test Drive. Will this create problems? In article <BEA6B9F8.5F6%emouratidis5520@rogers.com>, Office 2004 Test Drive User <emouratidis5520@rogers.com> wrote: > I have installed Microsoft Office 2004 - but did NOT uninstall Test Drive. > Will this create problems? Not guaranteed, I suppose, but Microsoft says you should have uninstalled Test Drive: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td Run the Remove Office app and remove both Test Drive and Office 2004, then reinstall Office and ap...

Auto filter hidden cells
Hello, Yesterday I created a table and by using the custom format ;;; I managed to hide all but the first line of each category and still get all lines of the same instance to show in an auto filter. Today I open the sheet and try to use the auto filter. All I get now is the visible line only. eg Yesterday I made: Bob 1 Bob 2 Bob 3 Look Like Bob 1 2 3 Today I now only get Bob 1 No edits have been made whatsoever. How can I get it back? I really need this back as I want my print format to hide the repetitions but the auto filter to still be fully...

teste 01-19-08
Maman si tu re�oi �a renvoin moi a cette adresse le pere fouras s.t.p merci ...

Nvidia 257.21 WHQL
Just released. http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver.html Maratonmannen On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:10:03 +0200, "Maratonmannen" <maratonmannen@gmail.com> wrote: > Just released. > http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver.htm l > Maratonmannen Huh...it's says it installs an audio driver too ? The audio driver is needed to pass audio to the HDMI output, for the GPUs which support HDMI. On 17/06/2010 19:47, Phoenix wrote: > On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:10:03 +0200, "Maratonman...

Filter #11
Does anyone know if there are limitations on how many items you can have in a filter? In other words, if you have 50000 items in a list, will it only show 10000 items in the filter because Excel caps it at that #? BT Excel has a limit of 1000 unique items in an autofilter list. All are 'available' via the 'custom' option, but the dropdown will only show 1000 You can test this by 'autofilling' a column past 1000 and then filtering the column. It only shows up to 1000 in the drop-down. (97 - 2003) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick...

Scoring a test
I have a spreadsheet like this: Key | A | C | D | C | B| A | E | Name 1 | A | C | D | B | B | A | E | Name 2 | A | B | D | C | B | A | A | Name 3 | B | C | A | B | B | C | A | Going across in columns B - H (in this example) are each person's answers. The first row is the "key" to the test, i.e. the correct answers. I would like to calculate the number of correct answers in the last column for each person. I know this will work: =IF(B2=$B$1,1,0)+IF(C2=$C$1,1,0)+IF(D2=$D$1,1,)+..... This will compare each cell (answer) to the value in row 1 (key), return 1 if equal, t...

Test managed user
Testing again to see if my set up is correct to identify me as managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_26B25925 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, This email came in under Open- Managed User. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Dana Dunlop Microsoft Online Support Engineer ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions. We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by posting ...

Filter by category in OWA: possible?
I've created a "Favorite Public Folder" calendar for my medical practice partnership that shows who's on call, who's on vacation, who's away for a meeting, etc. Altogether I've created about 6 "Activity Type" color-coded categories. One of my partners asked if she could customize the view so it shows only her own activities. I know that in full Office Outlook I can filter the view by category, so I could add non-color-coded categories for each of our 4 docs, and then she could drill down through the View>Current View>Customize Current Vie...

Test
My last two poses on the "Microsoft responds....." thread never showed up/ ...

test #17
elektrik40@hotmail.com Please use a test newsgroup instead such as microsoft.public.test.here ...

test 2 #2
test2 "Riet van Berkel" <berlux@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:%23l$42aBnJHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > test2 Wrong newsgroup for test messages. The correct group is microsoft.public.nntp.test, microsoft.public.test, or microsoft.public.test.here -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

test
msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com ..com ...

Office 2004 Test Drive & Original licenced Office 2004
Hi, I hope someone can dig me out of the mess I'm in? I have just migrated to my new iMac DC and found a Test Drive Office 2004. I already had a licenced version running and this was migrated successfully. Now I have been advised to remove both the Test Drive AND remove my original licenced copy and the re-install Office 2004. My problem is that I cannot find the Upgrade CD for my licenced copy of Office 2004. The only one I can locate is the previous Office v.X which I believe is version 10.0.0 Is there a way to reinstall Office x.X and then upgrade to the latest Office 2004? I have t...

Filter event
Hi all How can I catch a filter event? I found, that there is no such event, but I rely on, that someone has invented something... WBR Sonnich On Jun 2, 8:04=A0pm, jodleren <sonn...@hot.ee> wrote: > Hi all > > How can I catch a filter event? > > I found, that there is no such event, but I rely on, that someone has > invented something... > > WBR > Sonnich Well, I came up with this: Private Sub Workbook_SheetCalculate(ByVal Sh As Object) Dim iHidden, iRow As Integer Dim ws As Worksheet If Worksheets("BOM").Cells(1...

Test #10

outlook2003 antispam filter not working if filters to move email is enable
the filters for move email in others folder have advanced priority to filter antiSpam. therefore the email do not come intercepted from filter antiSpam if a rule in order to move email in predefined folder. Example: filter: email whit TO: carlo@test.com move in forlder CARLO and antispam filter block @XXXX.XXX email arrives con sender xxxx@xxx.xxx and TO: carlo@test.com = the filter move email in CARLO folder. If I off filter for "move email in CARLO folder" the filter antispam block email and move in atispam folder. in practical if I hold assets the filters to move the ...

DoCmd Apply Filter
I have two forms: frmStudent and frmCourse. What I want to do is link frmStudent and frmCourse through the EmployeeID control to get a filter of each student's courses. Problem: EmployeeID is a string. What I am doing wrong with the below cited? stLinkCriteria = "[EmployeeID] = " & Me![EmployeeID] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , , acNormal, , stLinkCriteria DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "EmployeeID="", & EmployeeID & """ -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 ...

filter for work in date range
Hello, I would like to filter for tasks that have work days during a date range in the gant view. eg. I do not want to see a task if it is split during the date range and has no work days assigned. is this possible thanks! The split one is difficult. You can only determine if a task has work on a particular day in a Usage View. There isn't a filter for work on a particular day, so I suspect you may need a VBA solution. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.co...