WDF Interrupt question

I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking at
Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the
interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt vector?
I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do we set
it?

I think I have found where it comes from. From Hardware Resource list, which
is filled by PnP Manager.
On Mar 22, 12:56=A0am, mpefareo <mpefa...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking =
at
> Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the
> interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt vect=
or?
> I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do we=
 set
> it?
You driver should not care about of assigned interrupt level. Windows
components, who responsible for assigning hardware resources including
interrupts, will do all work.
You need just specify your ISR and DPC routines in
WDF_INTERRUPT_CONFIG structure.
This is related for PnP drivers. If you have a legacy driver, for
example for ISA bus, you could specify an interrupt level in *.inf
file. But I don't think it would be your case.

Igor Sharovar

0
eagersh
3/22/2010 4:20:19 PM
KMDF will fill in the interrupt vector and other information for you based
on the assigned hw resources

"mpefareo" <mpefareo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking
> at
> Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the
> interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt
> vector?
> I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do we
> set
> it?

0
Doron
3/23/2010 7:01:50 AM
There are all sorts of hardware debugging and diagnostics related
reasons why one may need the interrupt vector. The place to get it
from is the PCI resources structure at start time, but even then I'm
not sure that the HAL doesn't play games with the levels.

It may be a good idea to run one of those low level pci dump software
utilities and see what values are really being served to the hardware,
because I'm not that sure that even the values from the resources
structure are that reliable - but hey, I may be wrong!

I wish the OS would give us a clean way of reaching for such hardware
resource values, so that drivers and diags software could talk
directly to the hardware, as they're supposed to.

Alberto.

On Mar 22, 12:20=A0pm, eagersh <eagers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 12:56=A0am, mpefareo <mpefa...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:> I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm =
looking at
> > Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the
> > interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt ve=
ctor?
> > I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do =
we set
> > it?
>
> You driver should not care about of assigned interrupt level. Windows
> components, who responsible for assigning hardware resources including
> interrupts, will do all work.
> You need just specify your ISR and DPC routines in
> WDF_INTERRUPT_CONFIG structure.
> This is related for PnP drivers. If you have a legacy driver, for
> example for ISA bus, you could specify an interrupt level in *.inf
> file. But I don't think it would be your case.
>
> Igor Sharovar

0
alberto

Worksheet_Change() and range question 12-02-09
On my spreadsheet, I merged the cells N10, O10, and P10 into a single cell. I then put the following code in my Worksheet_Change() function: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox CStr(Target.Address(0, 0)) End Sub Now, if you enter data into cell N10 on the spreadsheet, the message box will return with "N10". However, if you DELETE the contents of cell N10, then the message box will say "N10:P10". Why is this?? How can I tell the "Target" variable to just give me "N10" string??? (I guess I'm too l...

WDF or WDM
Hello. I want to learn writing device driver for windows. And I'm a bit confused which way to go WDM or WDF? Can I write PCI express DMA transfer with WDF framework, for example? Yes you can write PCI express DMA with WDF. In general you should use WDF these days. WDM means you have to develop code for dealing with all the nuances of plug and play plus power and this is not easy. KMDF eliminates all of these. So if the model currently will work in WDM if should be moved to WDF. Start by learning WDF this will give you a working environment. Then as you need speci...

Label Question
I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type. Example Civil, Class Action. In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group. The current label is Lawsuit Type Count. Is there a way so myb label can say Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action count? I am not sure of the syntax. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like: =[LawsuitType] & " Count" -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "scott04" wrote: > I have a report that is groupe...

Another NameTable Question
I am trying to work out the best way to use the NameTable class in my C# application. I am assuming that getting/adding a string to the nametable has the same overheads as comparing a string normally, so I have created a class which holds references to the atomized strings. Is there a better way to do this? simple example below //Class to provide "string constants" private class MyStrings { public String stringA; public String stringB; public MyStrings(NameTable nt) { stringA = nt.Add("A"); stringB = nt.Add("B"); } } //Class...

questions about Active Document. thank you.
hi, here i am building an Active Document Server, and get some problems. i have a control bar and a list control in the frames(CMainFrame and CIPlaceFrame). when display a image file,i want to list all the supported files under the same folder in the list control. but when my program is embeded in IE,the list control can't add in any string,and everything is ok when the program runs stand alone yet. in the Doc file, after OnOpenDocument(),i get a pointer to the CInPlaceFrame,and then call its member function LoadFileList(...) to load the file name list. i use a lot of AfxMessageBox(......

BE question
I am constantly asked to make slight changes in forms while developing. I rolled out a new form and the users want this moved and that moved or one little slight adjustment here and there or a new field added. My problem is, I can't add a new field in a BE linked table while the users are in it. I either have to catch my BE early in the morning before users get on or late in the afternoon after they are gone. Is there any way to force a save of the BE while users are in it? Thanks so much!!!! -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas No, and you'd probably corrupt th...

A silly 'lil question
I'm stumped. How do I put a tab space character  into a cell for CSV export? According to my character map it's ctrl+| (which brings up format cells) or alt + a four number sequence (too much trouble). ....It's the little things that get ya! I know it gets dark in Candia! sooner now--because of the early frost???? Debra Dalgleish wrote: > > Oops! Would you believe it was still dark when I posted that, and I > couldn't see what I was typing? > > Thanks for the correction. > > Dave Peterson wrote: > > I tried the alt-0009 when I was typing tex...

Some questions about transfers
Hi- I just transfered my entire investment portfolio to a new account with my broker (internal transfer). When I downloaded the statements and everything online, the new account just lists "Transfer In" for the history for all my stocks and dividend, split and commission data is lost (there may be more data lost that I haven't realized yet). It still shows I bought it under my old account but now this changes my Gains and % Gains and everything. I am not really sure what to do. I would prefer to have it list all the commissions I paid as well as dividends recieved but I don&...

Questions on Business Portal
Can anyone help me with these quetions: 1. Does the Business Portal support Apples’ Safari web browser? 2. What version of SharePoint is needed to support Project Time and Expense Reporting? Thanks. LR 1.) Some parts of Business Portal use ActiveX controls. I don't believe Safari runs those? 2.) Business Portal 3.0 (for GP9) needs WSS 2.0 Business Portal 4.0 (for GP10) needs WSS 3.0 or Sharepoint 2007 "LR" wrote: > Can anyone help me with these quetions: > > 1. Does the Business Portal support Apples’ Safari web browser? > 2. What version of SharePoi...

Check box questions (2)
Hi, sorry if this has already been answered somewhere before but trawled through and couldn't find anything. I am using check boxes to perform calculations based on TRUE or FALSE 1. How can I get the cell link in the Format Control to update if copy and paste several rows with several check boxes further down th sheet? Ie. one check box links to C3 but I want to copy that whole row dow one and have the check box autoupdate its link to C4. 2. How can I get a sum of multiple IF results from my check boxes? For example: =(IF(A1=TRUE,50,0))+(IF(B1=TRUE,50,0)) So that if both check boxes ...

sending questions
I have managed to reach you from my local library. Most of the time when I select "new thread" nothing opens for me to write on as here. Please someone advise me how to make contact without going to the Library! -- Thanks, Ajimmo ...

=IF VLOOKUP Question
This one works =IF(G8<>"",VLOOKUP(G8,List!$B$1:$Y$100,21,0),"") This one does not =IF(C8<>"",VLOOKUP(C8,List!$B$1:$Y$100,3,0),"") the 3 and 21 are columns at the present time I have 630 rows on this worksheet C8 is a cell that I called "Listing Number:" on my "List" sheet I created a new column - the rows are numbered from 1 - 630 when C8 is filled with a given number all the cells with the above formula will fill with information. Frank Kabal helped with the working formula but there are some dates that have more one ...

Xch2k (SB edition) LOG and IFS question
Dear, Even I did the full backup with the Exchange server, the LOG and IFS extension file still in the MDBDATA folder. How to purch? Thanks!! -david I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the IFS extension file. Please explain. As far as your full backup, how did you perform the backup? It must be done using an exchange-aware backup program (such as NTbackup run from a computer with minimum the Exchange management tools installed). It must also be a full *online* backup, with all Exchange services running and all databases mounted. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP M...

Several Outlook Questions
I have Outlook 2003 with Service Pack 3 installed on my desktop and laptop. First, I would like to syncronize my contacts and all my mail folders: Inbox, Sent, etc. on both computers so that I would have that information on both computers. Second, I would like to store all of my Outlook data--contacts, folders, etc on my drive C: so that when I reconfigure my computer I don't have to backup and restore this data which is such a hassle. Can I do this and how? 1) http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp 2) By default the outlook data file is on your C: (Windows drive) Backup, wha...

WDF Interrupt question
I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking at Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt vector? I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do we set it? I think I have found where it comes from. From Hardware Resource list, which is filled by PnP Manager. On Mar 22, 12:56=A0am, mpefareo <mpefa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking ...

landscape question
How do I get a vertical line in the exact center of a landscape page? ...

OWA question #2
We currently use OWA 2000 at my office for some remote users as well as some internal users. I'm having trouble getting access to some of the users (can't get the domain\username right). I've changed my settings to Basic authentication which I'm running on our SSL site. I also changed the Basic Authenticaion Domain to ours. But my real concern is the security of it all. Is that secure enough? Thanks for any help you are able to provide Will "Auddog" <will_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23faF$0c6DHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We currently ...

code execution has been interrupted
Hello, Is there a way to avoid the user to stop the process of a macro. The reason for this is very simple : in the macro the sheet is deprotected at the beginning and reprotect at the end. Therefore to avoid the user to find a unprotected sheet whenever he stops the macros, I would like to set the unbreakable switch to on. Many thanks for your valuable help. François Take a look at: application.EnableCancelKey in VBA's help. Read the warning in there about a "runaway" loop. Fran�ois wrote: > > Hello, > > Is there a way to avoid the user to stop the ...

newbie Transform question
I'm using the transform to output XMLSS (for Excel) and it is working very well. I notice that the output is one long XML stream with no whitespace or carriage returns etc. Is there a way to have the XML that is output "formatted" so that it is a bit more human-readable? I would like to find a quick and easy solution, as opposed to adding special tags everywhere in the XSLT where I would like whitespace generated. Thanks in advance... <xsl:stylesheet ....> <xsl:output indent="yes"/> ..... </xsl:stylesheet> indent : Specifies additional white s...

Question on SSRS
I am trying to create a space usage report and the challenge I have is the date is stored as a varchar in the column in the table. I can convert this easily in sql (so that when you group and order the data it does so correctly when there is data from the prior year) however I cannot get the data to group in the report properly. Here is the query: select db, sum(tot) as TotalAvailSpace, sum(used) as TotalUsedSpace, sum(tot)- sum(used) as TotalFreeSpace, cast(entrydt as datetime) from dbaspace where entrydt>=(getdate()-361) group by cast(entrydt as datetime), db order by cast...

Questions!
Hi All, 1. I would like to create a footer as a table with formulas? 2. How can I create a footer for document (block at the end of the document) different from footer for pages? 3. I have a table with data and I don't know its hight. How can I position my footer at the end of the table (without spaces)? Thanks. -- The Best Regards, ..Net Developer Michael Tkachev m_tkachev@hotmail.com ...

WDF Interrupt Issue
Hi all, I am working with a PCI based WDF function driver. I've created an interrupt object using wdfinterruptcreate() & initialized the WDF_INTERRUPT_CONFIG with ISR handler, DPC routine. From the WDF documentation, i found that the framework takes care of adding interrupt resource information when the device moves into D0 state. Now the problem is, after doing all this initialization my interrupt handler doesn't gets invoked when my hardware raises an interrupt after the device moves into D0 state eventhough all the interrupts has been enabled. I could notice th...

subform question
I have a main form and a subform Whe the subform is not showing any record I want to stop my code on the main form Private Sub Form_Current() 'Setup variables var_folder = const_path & Me.fsearchsub!pmac & "\" & Me.fsearchsub!tcustid var_path = var_folder & "\" & Me.fsearchsub!pmac & Me.fsearchsub!pprog var_fn = "FN-" & Me.fsearchsub!tcustid & "/" & Me.fsearchsub!pmac & Me.fsearchsub!pprog var_prog = Me.fsearchsub!pprog var_mac = Me.fsearchsub!pmac End Sub On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:52:46...

Data Validation List Questions
I have a few questions. (Note I cannot use Macros as a solution, I know that would be easier but I can't) 1. Can you set a "default value" in a cell that is the first item in the Validation List? This would mean that although the user can pick from the list, The first item in the list automatically appears in the cell. 2. Can you replace the users selection with another from the list. Think of this one like an OPtion Button. Lets say the user selects "X" in the first cell. Later he selects "X" in the second cell. I need something (Not a macro) that...

Questions on Accounting
We have 8.0 and have had it for nearly a year now. In March I was asked to take over the accounting department, I did so not knowing anything about accounting but how to balance my own checkbook, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Here are my questions: 1. When I print out a Trail Balance in A/P, I notice that there are transactions that are false or just should not be there. How do I get rid of them so they do not appear on my A/P reports? Ex. Bill was paid but still shows being open needing to be paid from 2004. 2. Can I close out the month of July without closing Jan -...