USB CDC ACM driver for windows XP,vista,7

Hi

I have one usb cdc acm supported wince device. i want to show this
device as virtual com port in PC (Host) side. In PC side, should we
write a usb cdc acm driver? or already windows current versions
support usb cdc acm driver.

does this usb cdc acm driver is enough to show virtual com port in PC?

anyone have idea regarding this?

thanks in advance.

Regards,
D.
0
dsrking

Hi

Anybody having idea about usb cdc driver in PC side.

Pls help me to start usb cdc driver.

Thanks in advance.

Regards - D.
0
dsrking
7/4/2010 3:00:13 PM
Hi,

On 2010=E5=B9=B407=E6=9C=8804=E6=97=A5 17:00, dsrking wrote:

> Pls help me to start usb cdc driver.

You don't need to write one, it is usually sufficient to use usbser.sys.

If you are building a modem, then

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837637/en-us

may be what you are looking for; if it's not a modem, then the approach=20
described as "not recommended" in the KB article (that is, directly=20
referencing usbser.sys from your .inf file) may be the best option.

    Simon

0
Simon

Open Second Window of Same Document

touch panel driver for win ce6.0
Hello every body, Can anyone tells how to write a touch .dll driver for win ce6.0.pls tell i dont know how to write. bec im new to writing drivers..pls tell r send touch. dll file. Regards Vinoth -- vinoth Message posted via PocketPCJunkies.com http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/wince-pb/201004/1 Luckily for you Platform Builder Help has documentation for touch driver - which includes a list of sample drivers that are available with Platform Builder. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblo...

CDC Class
I am using the CDC Class to print some data out that does not utilize the CView class. The data is also tab delimited. One thing I ran across is that if I spread the data way out based on the tabs it truncates. I have searched MSDN and I am sure I missed it. Is there a way to set the device to "wrap" then set it back to "wrap"? Bob You can not make DC wrap your output. But you can make DrawString function wrap the line with DT_WORDBREAK flag. To figure out where to print next line, call DrawText with DT_CALCRECT flag to know the height of the printed string. &qu...

Money Plus Deluxe (v17) and PocketPC with Windows Mobile 6.1 #2
Hi, I use a PC version. Now I bought a phone with WinMo operating system. What can I do with such those devices? Is there a possibility to use a thin MS Money cluient in mobile device and then synchronize changes made in pocpet PC with a file in PC? ...

Windows Media Player 01-21-10
I can't get my media center to play anything. It has an error message "Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly." I restart it and it still wont work. It hasn't worked for quite awhile. My side bar won't work either. I don't know if the two are related. I'm using Media Player 11. ...

USB
Anyone have suggestions on good sites/books on accessing the usb port from Windows application? Would like to access a usb port as a serial or parallel port. Thanks Normally you access the USB port via the device driver for the specific device which is attached to that port (unless, of course, you are writing the device driver for a new device). I'm not sure that it's meaningful to attempt to" access a usb port as a serial or parallel port" without knowledge of the device you are trying to communicate with. Keith Is it possible to have a USB to rs232 device attached...

OPOS keyboard (driver wanted?)
Hi, I make a small line of keyboards for PC's that connect via PS/2, RS-232 or USB. I have a customer asking me if I have an OPOS driver and I'm not sure what that entails. I am looking for someone that can write one -- once I figure out what it is ;-) Can someone point me in the right direction? I understand that such a driver allows you to (among other things) set the focus of the key data to windows other than the topmost one. Also, is there some kind of hardware requirement for OPOS or OLE for Retail Point Of Sale? I do have some products that are programmable... Does an OP...

How do I add RAID drivers to an existing XP system?
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID 1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives and would like to setup a RAID 1 array. All the partitions from my old drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second drive is empty. The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver using the floppy which came with the motherboard. This is fine if you...

Echoing entered data in a CEdit window
I'm using a CEdit object to display contents of a file, which is encapsulated in a CFile object. Say the file contains the following: Welcome to Blah, Inc. ENTER PIN: prompting for a PIN number. How can I now "echo" the PIN keyed in by someone, starting at two spaces after the ":". The edit window is written with a 50-point font, Times New Roman. Also, do I have to refresh the whole edit window, with each refresh containing ALL the characters above, plus the currently entered number, or can I just write to a specific (x,y) cursor position. IOW, I want the follow...

VC++ 6.0 and MFC 7.0
Hi, I need to develop a program with VC++ 6.0 but using MFC 7.0 for compatibility with other application. Someone tell me that the MFC 7.0 are free so I can download it from microsoft . I tried to search it but I didnt find . There are someone can tell me where to find this MFC version ? Thank you , Denis. Denis Flex wrote: > Hi, > > I need to develop a program with VC++ 6.0 but using MFC 7.0 for > compatibility with other application. > Someone tell me that the MFC 7.0 are free so I can download it from > microsoft . > I tried to search it but I didnt find . &...

Star TSP 700 USB receipt printer
Is anyone using this printer? I tried to use the raster driver and can get it to print a receipt but it doesn't pop the cash drawer. When using the OPOS driver for the printer it only shows COM port choices not USB. The cash drawer does pop if I use a parrallel TSP 743 printer and the OPOS driver. Pat Use USB and go into printer options and under raster it shows cash drawer info "Pat@arms" <Patarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65B7D22C-34FD-4DC4-928A-7C3B4F952C5C@microsoft.com... > Is anyone using this printer? I tried to use the raster driver...

Lexmark driver for Windows Vista??
does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 printrio? Any help appreciated? On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:07:39 -0500, "Kitty Stringfellow" <kikkimomjj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 >printrio? >Any help appreciated? I'd suggest reposting your question in a newsgroup supporting Vista, or Lexmark. This newsgroup is for questions about designing relational database Queries in Microsoft Access. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?
I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make it looks like a menu, but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become gray. You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's title bar do not became gray, Is there any hint? John Smith "John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message news:%2330OT9mYJHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, >make it looks like a menu, > > but when my menu window activeted, the m...

Restarting Windows Vista
Every time I restart Vista I get a message; "The computer must be restarted before updating can continue. Would your like to restart now?" If I click YES I get the same message when the computer is restarted. If I click NO the computer continues to boot up and seems to work fine. Is there anyway I can get rid of this annoying message? no but you can keep doing that... that's how fun vista is! Great choice! lol "Larry Goldman" <larry.goldman11@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4098E0C6-404D-44F6-BE7D-FC0CD63673B4@microsoft.com... > Every ...

How do I enable USB ports?
I'm on a computer that was origionally intended for public use but is now used in an office and as a result of being intended for public use, it's set so that nothing connects to the USB ports. If I plug in a drive, it lights up, so there is power to the USB ports, but it doesn't show in My Computer. So how do I enable the USB ports? What icon do I go to in Control Panel? Or, in case that icon isn't there, in what subfolder of Z:\User would I find the file that opens the needed panel? Enter the BIOS and re-enable them. Also see:- http://www.dexternights....

Gmail in Windows mail
I can not send nor receive e-mail (gmail) through Windows mail anymore. I know this question has been up here before but in spite of excellent information it still doesn´t want to fly. The name of my internet provider here in Sweden is www.comhem.se. The POPImaptroubleshooter from Google says: "This account is skipped when fetching new mail". The Windows mail says (in translation from Swedish): The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL)...

Office 2000 & 2007 in Windows 7
Hi, Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7? Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer? Thanks in advance, Garu Yes, on both counts. But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg section of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in me...

Outlook XP attachement problem
Hi, I got Outlook XP on a Windows 2k and for a reason that I can't find, a documents of 25 k takes about 1 min to open on a P4 2ghz. I tried to re-install Office but doesn't seems to work. Where can I search to find answer? Thx M.J. What type of file are you trying to open? Is it an Office- based attachments? (such as Word, Excel etc etc) Or is it something else? Bobby >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > I got Outlook XP on a Windows 2k and for a reason that I can't find, a >documents of 25 k takes about 1 min to open on a P4 2ghz. I tried to >r...

First window
Hello! I want to make window that will be shown during starting application. For example, when you start Microsoft Word window that showing version, application name... is shown before application(before text editor). Thank you in advance! Regards, Zeljko Thats called a splash screen. You can create it by inserting it as a component in VS or simply go to codeguru/codeproject and see tons of samples for it. There are also good samples in MSDN. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Zeljko" <cabrio@blic.net> wrote in message news:ewf9qeN7DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Maintaining Order of Songs Synced from WMP to USB Stick
Hi There, I'm a novice, and I thank you for reading my message. I've been creating Sync Lists of Songs, with the songs mixed in a particular order I desire. I then name the playlist. I sync the lists into my USB Stick 1GB without shuffling, but upon playback the order of the songs in the playlist have been altered. In fact, they are played back in the order of the artist. Is it possible to sync the playlist exactly as I mixed it, and have the USB Stick playback the exact mix of song order accordingly? Or is this an impossiblity? Thank you for your help and...

USB problem
Running XP-SP3 with all updates current. I have a WACOM tablet, driver is latest version; plugged into a USB port in rear of DELL PC. I'll boot up and get error message,"USB device not recognized...". I check Device Manager and no flags are showing. I simply plug into another USB port and I get message that "Human Interface Device found" and my tablet now works. The next day I boot up and the same error message pops up and the fix is to reverse what I did the previous day, just plug back into yesterday's "bad USB port". Any ideas what I am ch...

How to Not Minmize Access Window When I Go to Excel
Hello, I run the same query on a database but with different dates for each run. After each run I key-in the results to an excel spreadsheet. This works fine. What happens though is the Access window minimizes each time I go to the excel spread sheet. I then have to expand the access window, run the query, key-in the data to excel and repeat. Is there a way to keep the Access window open and not minimize each time I go to the spreadsheet? Thanks. JBEsr Hi, JB, Why not use the built-in Excel functionality to automatically load your data? Try Menu: Data-> Import External Data->Ne...

Fixed Assets #7
After performing year end close, when I go to Depreciate process information window to depreciate the assets for January, nothing happens. It seems that the system goes through all of the assets and simply comes back. If I go to depreciate one asset window and do the same depreciation, the depreciation works. How do I fix this? ...

Driver Database
Hi, I am fairly new to excel and would like to be able to catalogue my Drivers Collection. I would like to do this by 1st by Manufacture, then by hardware type, then OS type, and last by Version. I would like to be able to click the manufacture which will open a tree Hierarchy and so on. Is this possible and if so could anyone help me out. Regards John Hey John! Sounds like you can accomplish this in Excel. Need to better understand right path to take> How large is the list/catalogue? Perhaps you could post a sample so I can better get feel of what you want to accomplish. Pat F...

Windows Mail (0x80070002)
HELLLUP! Als ik mijn mail wil openen krijg ik het volgende bericht: > Kan Windows Mail niet starten,filteren van ongewenste e-mail > initialiseren.De computer heeft onvoldoende geheugen of schijf is > vol.(0x800070002) > > klik ik dan op ok krijg ij het volgende: > MSOE.DLL kan niet worden geinitialiseerd. > > Mijn schijf heeft voldoende ruimte.Weet iemand hier een oplossing voor? Bvd, Duncan ...