Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7

I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by  implementing the
DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver.

But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the
DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After
searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function
is deprecated starting from windows 7.

msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx

According to msdn

"On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM)
determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history
data in the CCD database. DMM no longer determines the VidPN topology
based upon the last known good topology as it did in Windows Vista.
Consequently, on Windows 7 DMM never calls the
DxgkDdiRecommendVidPnTopology function."

If so then how to provide initial vidpn topology?
else how to add the vidpn topology in CCD persistent data base from
which the DMM determines the functional vidpn?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Krish.
0
krish

Windows Media Player no picture 08-02-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

Dexterity Scrolling window limit
Anyone knows what the limit is for number of lines possible in the scrolling window? THERE IS NO LIMIT ON SCROLLING WINDOWS. "Elmer Tagarino" wrote: > Anyone knows what the limit is for number of lines possible in the scrolling > window? > > > Scrolling windows display data directly from the tables, so the limit would be the limit of the number of rows in a table. Not sure what it is but it would be very big. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.micros...

xsl:apply-templates dont get it
Hey I think i've figured out the idea behind apply-templates. But going through the tutorial on <http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_apply_templates.asp> theres simply just something that i dont get! In the following i've copy pasted the example from <http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_apply_templates.asp> into this post. I divide into sections and my real question will come after the code snippet: Section 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <!-- Edited with XML Spy v4.2 --> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="...

How to get the buttons appear 3d ( as in XP)?
Hi, I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls. The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons in XP look like? I tried all the properties in the properties window of the resource view in Visual Studion, but nothing is working. Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the run time. Medicine please. ~Pradeep >I'm trying to learn creating a dialog b...

Message not getting to domains
I have several domains that mail will not accept properly. Is there a record type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?" Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or delayed. Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this. The dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme. Whoever setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP -- William Burn Director of IT What is the error # in the NDR? Tom ---------- "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.co...

notify you if you get an e-mail?
Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you get an e-mail when its closed? Fixed it >-----Original Message----- > >Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you >get an e-mail when its closed? >. > what did you do? >-----Original Message----- >Fixed it >>-----Original Message----- >> >>Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you >>get an e-mail when its closed? >>. >> >. > ...

Creating a window problem
I don't understand why this code not compiled. I don't see any mistake. Will thankful for help. //MainWin.cpp #include <afxwin.h> #include "MainWin.h" CMainWin :: CMainWin() { Create(NULL, "Mr.Typer", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW); } class CMainWinApp : public CWinApp { public: BOOL InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new CMainWin; m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); return TRUE; } }mainwinApp; The "create" you call in ...

Setting Windows Live Mail
:I have Vista and it came with WM. I could not get my server to connect. I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect. I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times. I have the correct username and password. I keep getting an error 815: The broadband network connection could not be established on your computer because the remote server is not responding. This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service Name: field for this connections. please contact your ISP and inquire about the correct valued for this field and ...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Unable to open calendar

tagging file in windows and upload to sharepoint
Hello, I have created picture library in MOSS 2007 and I would like to upload images containing windows file tags from a hard drive to sharepoint. Unfortunately my picture library doesn't contain tags (or keywords) assigned to picture. Is there any way to store pictures with tags in sharepoint? If not, is there any possibility to change custom column property (title, keywords etc) for more than one picture in one editing without additional scripting? ...

get paid now!!!
when you subscribe you'll be rewarded 10$$$ Check it now,don't wait!!!!!!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?andrusko ...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

hide window from task bar
if I create a window using CreateEx, how can I prevent the window from showing up on the task bar? Thanks, Mark Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is here: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp --- Ajay thanks! I'm new to MFC... Cheers, Mark "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is > here: > > http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp > > --- > Ajay > > Welcome to MFC Mark. I think you'll find that MFC will help you create grea...

unable to scroll the page

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

VWD 2010 Express calls Win32 DLL
I sent this message to csharp newsgroup but I think I should put it here. I am looking into using Visual WebDeveloper 2010 Express edition to develope a simple web application. - a button on web page - click on it - calls a Win32 DLL function by passing a string type parameter as output parameter - this output parameter will be a string, in format of yyyymmdd, eg. 20101231 - print out this output parameter on a label Any sample source code (C#) to help me get started? ...

Upgrade from Money 7.0 to Money 2007
I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version 7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe any problems they might encounter? Thanks! -- www.ECKinc.com In microsoft.public.money, ECKinc wrote: >I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version >7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer >need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe >any ...

Unable to conect

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...