SW RAID-1 On Storage Virtual MiniPort

Hi,
    I want to develop a SW RAID-1 using Storage Virtual MiniPort driver,
I hope this driver can choose two disks from system by using SCSI command,
then reports a RAID-1 disk to system, is this idea could be accomplished by
Storage Virtual MiniPort driver?

    If this idea is ok, what type of certification it need to pass from
Microsoft?

Regards,
Perer,

0
Peter

Hi all,

    I need the suggestion urgently, please give me a help, thanks.

Regrads,
Peter,

"Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> �b�l��
news:u8N5usgtKHA.3360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl �����g...
> Hi,
>     I want to develop a SW RAID-1 using Storage Virtual MiniPort driver,
> I hope this driver can choose two disks from system by using SCSI command,
> then reports a RAID-1 disk to system, is this idea could be accomplished
by
> Storage Virtual MiniPort driver?
>
>     If this idea is ok, what type of certification it need to pass from
> Microsoft?
>
> Regards,
> Perer,

0
Peter

Print Engine Error at Crystal Reports in 1.2
Hello! When I run some of my crystal reports, I get the error "Print Engine Error". Can you advice? Thanks, Elena once had a similar error and frustration; eventually traced it to MSDE prerequisites:- You must have the network component File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks installed and enabled on your PC Then check the Server service is started on your PC These may have been disabled manually or through group policy Hope this helps! All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "Elena" wrote: > Hello! > > Whe...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?DivX=AE_5.component_causes_crashes_of_Excel_an?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d_PowerPoint_during_launch_of_Project_Gallery?=
If you are experiencing crashing on startup of Excel X and PowerPoint X just prior to the display of the Project Gallery, the fault may lay with a QuickTime library component installed by DivX. When removed, the Project Gallery appears just fine. The Project Gallery also apears to launch properly in Word X. Either remove the file or set your Excel and PowerPoint preferences to not display the Project Gallery at startup. The file can be found at Macintosh HD --> LIbrary --> QuickTime --> DivX� 5.component. This was also a problem with an earlier version of a Toast beta component for Qu...

combining queries into 1
Daryl S, Here is the query, I believe you suggested: SELECT [COMBINED PARTS].[PART #], [COMBINED PARTS].[PART NAME], [BEGINNING INVENTORY BALANCE 8TH].[END BALANCE 7], [INVENTORY R&D].[END BALANCE 8], nz([BEGINNING INVENTORY BALANCE 8TH].[END BALANCE 7],0)+nz([INVENTORY R&D].[END BALANCE 8],0) AS [SUM OF BALANCES] FROM ([COMBINED PARTS] LEFT JOIN [BEGINNING INVENTORY BALANCE 8TH] ON [COMBINED PARTS].[PART #] & [BEGINNING INVENTORY BALANCE 8TH].[PART #]) LEFT JOIN [INVENTORY R&D] ON [COMBINED PARTS].[PART #]=[INVENTORY R&D].[PART #]; PART # PART NAME END ...

Office 2003 Service Pack 1
After installing Office 2003 server pack 1 users are unable to view public folders via Outlook 2003 desktop client. Does anyone know if there is a fix available or how to fix this issue?? ...

URL Addressable Forms (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I'm working on a form that displays all contracts that have expired for a given period. In the datagrid, I display the contractnumber and have a link to the URL for contract/edit.aspx form. This works correctly, but when the user selects the contract the Windows Explorer displays the Address and Standard Buttons. Since, the user is working within CRM the Address and Standard buttons should be hidden. Any suggestions how I can hide these items when the user has selected a particular contract? Appreciate the help. Thanks Bill Use the "OpenObj" method from the glob...

Version 1.2 to version 2.0 and beyond
Hi, My RMS partner is pushing me to upgrade my stores from 1.2 to 2.0. I think he is doing this to extract money from me. In your opinion, is this worth it or for the money? (Really maintenance as it is lapsed - I found maintenance next to useless for the cost). ....Or should I wait until version 3.0 is released and then 6 months to see how it operates in the field? Your opinions would be gratefully received. Regards Dan I would suggest go to 1.3R with SQL express, and wait on 2.0 until some of the Matrix issues and database upgrade issues are fixed. "dan" <danl@aanet...

RAID 5
Are there any suggestions on which RAID to use Great Plains Dynamics, and SQL server? Our IT is leaning toward RAID 5 for our new SQL server, with 3 72GB drives. All would be the same drive letter. -- Doug Will you be going to 9.0? If so, take a look at the hardware requirements on Customersouce, the RAID depends on you other requirements. "Doug" wrote: > Are there any suggestions on which RAID to use Great Plains Dynamics, and SQL > server? > > Our IT is leaning toward RAID 5 for our new SQL server, with 3 72GB drives. > All would be the same drive le...

Bug with CFile/CFileException, MFC 7.1
Copy/Paste the following snippet of code into an MFC project, Compile with ..NET 2003 (MFC 7.1) and run WITHOUT a disk in the A: drive ---8<--- try { CFile file("A:\\MyFile.dat", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite | CFile::shareDenyNone); //Write stuff to file } catch (CFileException* pe) { pe->ReportError(); pe->Delete(); } ---8<--- When you run this, you will get a messagebox saying "No error occured". The message is extremely deceptive, users get the impression that all is fine because 'no error occured'. But the file has NOT been created...

Spb Finance 2.1 for Pocket PC #2
Spb Finance was released for pocket pc. Some of the fixes for this program is that it is compatible with money 2006. The good thing is that it works and sync's well with money 2006. I own a axim x50v and I have had no trouble syncing with money 2006 so far with the newley released software today. Hope this helps for Pocket PC users. Kaine260 ( Helping out the money 2006 and below community ) Here is the link to download it. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en ...

SW License Violation on SO Manager
Guys, I get the " The software license does not allow for more than 1 active register(s)." error, when launching the SO Manager! It's a 2 license dongle and this happened just today. Anybody knows anything about this? Thanks, Follow up update This also seems to happen in SO POS, sometimes in mid transaction. Strange! Check that your reseller gave you a valid and current key code and that it matches the key code on your dongle. If intermittent or at weird times your computers may be dropping connections between each other. The other PC(s) cannot read that the don...

KB953297 update error (microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing. What can I do? You aren't alone. I have the same problem. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Will not install. It tells me I already have it on my computer (and I do) but I...

RMS 1.2 New field for detailed sales report
I would like to print the tender type on the detail sales report.Could anybody tell me what table, field and syntax I need for the inner join of the report? Thanks Gerd I made some progress with the report. I found the tables I need and have linked those to the report. However, when running the report I get duplicate records for some transactions when the tender type was cash with some money back. Reason being that there are 2 records in table tenderentry. Here it the report definition with all the various joins: Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeSales ReportTitle = "...

Record 1 for 1 share
For every share that I purchase, my employer matches the purchase. The employer matched share has to be held for a minimum period of 5 years before it can be sold. 3 months ago these shares were split 1:1 and at that point my shares (100) and employer matched shares (100) in effect became 200 in total. How do I input these details in Money 2005 standard? Which details? The split? Same answer. Is this a 401k? Are you asking about how to account for the matching money? Is this a stock option? Are you asking how to account for that? "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.c...

converting 1.x database to 2.0
I get a "Disk I/O error during read" while compacting an access 1.x database to access 2.0. There is nothing wrong with the network or drive. Then I tried doing a repair and I got several errors including "Table <Large Values> was truncated: data lost.", and by the way I do not even have a table named "Large Values" After that, as the repair continues, there is just error message after error message until it finally says it can't repair the database. What can I do? I need to get this 1.x database upgraded to 97. ...

Break HD with sw
Hello, I have a c++ application to check/sinchronize files in different memory devices. I have: - HD office computer - HD home computer - external 160GB backup HD - 512MB memory stick This application searches up to 20,000 files (10GB max) and compares size and date, does it in 60 seconds. My old version (VBA Excel) did this in 15 minutes!, My quiestion: can a HD be so stressed that can break? I sinchronized the files in the memory stick (450MB) daily with the excel version for a whole year with no problems(check all the files, and replace with new files), after 2 weeks of using the c++...

=ColorIndexOfOneCell(B3,FALSE,1)
I'm at a loss to explain why this formula =ColorIndexOfOneCell(B3,FALSE,1) works in one workbook, but not another. I have this vague recollection that it has something to do with it being a "macro" or VBA and that I had to enter it differently than a regular formula. Can someone please help? Mike See... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA . http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware . ('Shade Data Rows' the way you want them) "Takeadoe" <mtonkovich@msn.com> wrote in message news:61f24101-34f5-4b55-b0f1-42a2...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Windows 6.1
I have a new htc ozone and am having issues with active sync and getting my one notes on my phone....how do i get it to work the way it did with notes on outlook....it just wont allow syn...ive tried anything and any instructions would help... thanks dclat, Please try posting your note in the Windows Mobile or Activesync group. regards, Dan dclat wrote: > I have a new htc ozone and am having issues with active sync and getting my > one notes on my phone....how do i get it to work the way it did with notes on > outlook....it just wont allow syn...ive tried anyth...

Would Like Pivot Table Data on 1 Row instead of Stacked Column
In the old Excel, when I created a Pivot table, I could select a report template where the data would line up in columns instead of being stacked in the same column. I have selected Modular, Table, Outline and looked at different formats but can not find a fix. I am trying to get the data output for each "row label" across the same row instead of having the data stack on top of each other. Any suggestions? In the pivot, just drag "Data" and drop it over "Total". That should transform it into the columnar layout that you're after. Success? hit...

How do you create themes for Office SW

1,711 Log Files 8.4GB
I have a problem. I looked in my MDBDATA folder and I have 1,711 Log Files that are 8.4GB. How do I remove these? I need this done as soon as possable. I am running out of HDD space. Thank you, Jason. a full, online backup of the storage group will purge these files... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ACF715C-A102-4F43-8DD7-4551B680DC14@microsoft.com... > I have a problem. I looked in my MDBDATA folder and I have 1,711 Log Files > that are 8.4GB. How do I remove these? I need this done as soon as possable. >...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoiedT=ADRX_returned_DBMS=3A811?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?4?=
hi, When I am trying to post entry from Fixed Assets to GL the following errors will BE occur in Microsoft GP 10.0 "The stored Procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoiedT=ADRX returned the following results: DBMS:8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114." Kindly help me out to resolve this problem.. ...

Rules for different smtp addresses for 1 user.
In exchange my user account is set-up with 2 smtp addresses. 1) Erik@mycompany.com and 2) jreed@mycompany.com (this is the primary SMTP address) so any email sent to those 2 addresses comes to my inbox. I tried to create a rule in outlook XP to place the email to erik@mycompany.com into a seperate folder. Turns out that this can not be done! OUCH! it appears all incoming mail is translated to the local account name and the smtp address is not referenced at all???? I do not want to have to create a seperate user and maintain 2 different mailboxes. I have to be missing how to do thi...

System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual mach
The error number is 0xc0070533. This is an Exchange 2003 server Service pack 1 I am not able to find any help on this error number When I run Err 0xc0070533 I get the following # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), Facility: 0x7, Code 0x533 # for hex 0x533 / decimal 1331 : ERROR_ACCOUNT_DISABLED winerror.h # Logon failure: account currently disabled. # 1 matches found for "0xc0070533" I could use some help on how to resolve this issue This looks like and ad issue. Do you see event id 2110 and 8213 or 1031 events in your app log. If yo...

RAID Question
Hi, Can you tell me, for a single Exchange 2003 server, which is better? Two drives configured to RAID 1 or RAID 10 for the entire server or RAID 1 on the system partition and RAID 5 for the rest? Thanks Jeff The answer: It Depends.... and Need More Information! It's fairly impossible to simply give a blanket statement that one is better than the other. There are too many other considerations you have to take into account. What you really need to do is get an accurate measurement of IOPS/user that you will need, and then base your storage needs off that (leaving room for grow...