Repost: Signed catalog file giving me "can't verify publisher" err

I have a driver that consists of a single .inf, .cat, and .sys files. I
signed the .sys, ran inf2cat, and then signed the .cat file. Signtool verify
/kp gives the catalog file a clean bill of health, but I still get the red
dialog with the "Can't verify the publisher of this driver" warning whenever
I plug in the hardware and install the driver.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong? I don't require full
WHQL certification to get rif of the warning dialog, do I?

I suspect you have not cross-signed your driver. Please check my blog post
regarding that @ http://winprogger.com/?p=41

Satya
http://www.winprogger.com

"DocKell" wrote:

> I have a driver that consists of a single .inf, .cat, and .sys files. I
> signed the .sys, ran inf2cat, and then signed the .cat file. Signtool verify
> /kp gives the catalog file a clean bill of health, but I still get the red
> dialog with the "Can't verify the publisher of this driver" warning whenever
> I plug in the hardware and install the driver.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong? I don't require full
> WHQL certification to get rif of the warning dialog, do I?

Thanks for the tip, but I know I'm cross-signing it, and signtool /verify
shows that as well.

However, on a tip from a co-worker I updated the root certificates on my
machine and now the problem seems to have gone away. Many thanks to all that
helped me!