Re: same driver for 2 same ISA based hardware - 89230

Hi,

This thread is continuous of below thread,

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.development.device.drivers/browse_thread/thread/9ca100f606f19ba5

Finally, i tested my non pnp driver and i got some observations below,

1. When i gave Memory address in .inf file ( MemConfig ), the driver
memory address is hardcodded in my driver (amcc5933 sample),the driver
gets loaded and am able to read and write in the registers. So i can't
load the same driver (.sys) for 2 deivces (but memory address is
different).

2. So I loaded the driver for my 2 similar devices by loading 2
different .inf file. It is loaded and device manager shows 2 devices.
But the problem is, i can access the last loaded driver only through
my application. I am not able to access the first driver what i am

my procedure is correct or am doing something wrong?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
D.
0
dsrking

dsrking <dsrking2006@gmail.com> wrote:

>2. So I loaded the driver for my 2 similar devices by loading 2
>different .inf file. It is loaded and device manager shows 2 devices.
>But the problem is, i can access the last loaded driver only through
>my application. I am not able to access the first driver what i am

HOW are you "accessing" the driver through your application?  If you, for
example, are creating a single symbolic link, then only one driver can own
a symbolic link.

If you need multiple drivers accessible from user mode, then you either
need to use a device interface, or use sequentially numbered symbolic link
names based on the number of instances.  For example,
\DosDevices\MyDevice0, \DosDevices\MyDevice1, etc.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

No blank lines in text files #2
When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empty row in the new spreadsheet. Now all non-blank rows are jambed together in one column! How do I get Excell2003 to opoen Comma Delimitted files properly (including empty lines?) Oops, managed to send the same question twice! How can one delete a subject? "Charlie Gotwald" wrote: > When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In > Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empt...

font #2
Hi, Is there anyway to enlarge the font of the F screens. When using the F5 and others, the font are so small. Thanks Melissa About all you can do is reduce the screen size of your monitor. If you change from 1024x786 to 800x600, the fonts will appear bigger, but you will loose real estate at the right and bottom of the screen. The only way to modify the built in screens is to find an add-in that replaces them. You could also try the windows screen magnifier - part of the accessibility tools in windows... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercree...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

http virtual server error #2
We have an exchange 2003 sp2 setup on a cluster. anytime the server fails over the IIS host headers for the http virtual server are re stamped. We found the kb article here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;287726 This worked beautifully on one of the clusters, but the other two give me error messages when attemping to go to the http virtual server properties via ESM. The error is: "Exchange System Manager" An unexpected error occured ID no: 8000ffff Exchange System Manager When you click ok, the properties do come up but the general tab is a...

2 or more columns on a report
I have a report that has only a couple of fields that it's pulling from, so when I print my report, there's not a lot there. It looks basically like this: Employee Name Avg. Score # Completed Doe, John 95 2 Smith, Mary 68 3 and so on. My question is this: Is there a way to put 2 groups of this info on the report page to condense the number of pages I have to print out? I'd like to report to look something like this: Employee name Avg. Score # Completed Employee Name Avg. Score # Completed ...

More griping about P.O.s in RMS 2.0
I recently upgraded to 2.0 and I cannot believe how HORRIBLE the new P.O. "Add Items" window is. Did anyone at MS actually test it before they added it to 2.0? It works fine for a vendor with only a few items, but otherwise, it's a nightmare. Sometimes I'll add a bunch of items in the window and then find that an item is not in the list and I'll have to look-up the item and add it via Quickscan. But then I'll inadvertently 'X' out of the window and lose everything. Speaking of X-ing out, I thought they would have created a 'prompt to save'...

Re-Enable CRM User

Pivot Table #2
I have a database with type and age ranges in columns. Six age ranges. One type column. The data (dollars), by type and age range are below each age range column. I want a summary report that sums the dollars by type and age combined. My preference is to have the sum of age ranges in the rows, the type in the columns with the dollar sum of each type and age range in the data fields. I hope to have the sum of the types for all ages on the right and the sum of the ages for all types at the bottom. It seems simple enough but, I don't seem to be able to make the table work? If ...

?�Z�k ?��??�ra? ??�s?�� #2

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

If Function help #2
I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS. Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated. =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") Thanks! Hi What is contained in Z9? Maybe you need =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") -- Regards Roger Govier <mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178309371.607676.90090@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, > where b...

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...

Criteria for opening a form based on a value in another form's subform
Hello everyone, Please pardon the noob question, but I've got a form with a subform and I would like to be able to open another form with only the records that match the primary key from the first form's subform, but I am unable to figure out how to specify that value in the query. In other forms (where subforms are not invovled), I can accomplish this with something like: =[Forms]![Form_Name].[Desired_Value] Is there something different I need to be doing when attempting to get a similar value from a subform? With many thanks in advance for any advice... -- Message posted via h...

excel.exe has generated errors #2
Hello, Sorry for the cross post. I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich -- Mrich Have you copied the file from the floppy to your hard...

Re: exmerge error

Act -> CRM 1.2
Hi all. I know just about nothing on the subject of importing act data into CRM 1.2 Could any one help me out with a quick overview of the process? I know about using export pro to get the data into access. I think from there you simply use the data import tool that MS provides from crm. MAIN QUESTION: Can I import act data once CRM is up and running? I really do hope so. I'd hate to find out that we needed to create the database 1st and then select "connect to existing database" during the install process. Thanks in advance!!!! Hank wrote: > Hi all. > I know just...

Exchange 2003 Permissions #2
I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain and a NT 4.0 domain connected by ADC. I have user's in the NT40 domain who need to Manage one of my 4 Exchange 2003 Servers. I have gone through the Delegation Wizard in Exchange Manager and granted them Exchange Administrator privledge. I do not want to make the users Domain Admins. They can access System Manager and expand everything but the Servers. When the click on Servers they get this error message: There is no such object on the server. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager. Any suggestions? ...

2 Y axes graphing 10 yrs of daily stock data
I'm stuck. I'm trying to graph daily stock price as well as a calculation based on daily price over about 10 years of data. When I graph one of these columns against date, the graph looks great. When I try to graph both columns (which need different y axes because they are different magnitudes) against date using custom - lines on 2 axes, excel starts showing every single date on the x axis rather than the time scale or category it was showing before. The x axis becomes unreadable as it is painted with thousands of dates. Help! Hi User, > I'm stuck. I'm trying to g...

Calendar in Excel #2
Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that can be formatted so as to show special dates, current holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This sort of stuff is not intuitive to me. Thanks, Dot Hi Dot, Why not do your calendar in Outlook. Select which style you want....day/week/month. Then go to new input important dates. Save. Print "Dot Appleman" wrote: > Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that > can be formatted so as to show special dates, current > holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This > sor...

Receipt printer #1 and #2
Hello All Is there a way that 2 receipt printers could be hooked up?. I mean my clients need that the walk-in customer's receipts be printed on regular OPOS printer(40 Column Receipt Format) while the receipts for the permanent customers as well as the store credit be printed on a regular laser printer (Full Page Receipt Format). Any suggestion welcomed You can set-up 2 printers in the register properties in Manager. Set-up one for the OPOS and one for the Full Page. You can also set the Full Page to print only when required. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc mihirs@diviasoft.com www.divia...

Outlook 2000 won't remember password #2
I had to reinstall office onto an XP machine, and Outlook 2000 won't remember the account password. Yes... I have checked the box that says "remember password." Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Any fixes? Pete <Pete@nospam.com> wrote: > I had to reinstall office onto an XP machine, and Outlook 2000 won't > remember the account password. Yes... I have checked the box that says > "remember password." Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Any fixes? <http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=2557&...