Parallel port under Windows 7

Did somebody try writing values to parallel port under Windows 7? So far I am
unable to do it.  Stuff that worked on XP doesn't under Win7.

CreateFile("LPT3"...) succeeds but all subsequent commands (GetCommState,
WriteFile) fail. I stopped spooling and followed recommendations from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823179/en-us. Didn't help.

InpOut32.dll does not work on 64 bit version (which is expected), but even
32 bit version works on some computers and doesn't on the others.
Specifically, it works on the PC with LPT port on a separate I/O card
(appears on Device Manager as LPT3) and does not work on the PC with native
LPT1 port.

Does anyone have experience with writing values to LPT port under Windows 7?

Office 2003 and Windows 7 04-06-10
I have a windows 7 installed laptop and having problems with word 2003 in it. Word freezes after installation for any key combination in an open document, any incompatibility issue or any updates to be installed, kindly help Try the following. Search and find normal.dot and rename it to normal.old. Now open Word and see if the problem is gone. Let us know -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Bhasker" <Bhasker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Dynamics GP windows freeze for certain users
V10, SP3, I have a couple of users and seem to freeze up in Dynamics on 2 windows in Dynamics: 1. manufactuirng MRP workbench 2. Manufacturing BOM View Most users have no issues but 3 users do. We are using 2 terminal servers Seems to be random when it happens, for example user1 froze over and over on the workbench yesterday, but today user 1 has no issues... thanks! -- Doug ...

opening excel 97 file in windows me after using in windows xp #2
I have an excel 97 file that is shared over a network -it is stored on MSXP but will not keep any changes when opened in MSME. Is this because of the different op systems being used,property settings in the file, or some other reason? Can you save it to your local harddrive? Maybe the permissions are incorrect when you logon using WinME. Another thing that can stop saves is the antivirus program. Can you disable it and do some testing? "carolyn@caseysseafood.com" wrote: > > I have an excel 97 file that is shared over a network -it > is stored on MSXP but will not...

OutLook Warning Window
Hello, we are using VB Applicaion that some times send email using outlook. in earlier version the warrning window was not appearing but on newer versions of outlook a warning windwos appears. I have found following on the support Site of MS. with reference of the following URL http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842945 or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263073/EN-US/ IS there any way to bypass this warrning window. Regards, Shahzad You would have to redesign your application to get around the enhanced security. Start with http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm since it will...

Redirecting to a website to port in DNS
Hello, I have a web server running on a windows 2003 server box that listens on port 8000. What I would like to do is not have to type in SERVER_NAME:8000 but instead have some kind of record in DNS for APPLICATION_NAME that brings the webapp listening on port 8000 up, hiding from the user that it is listening on a different port. How can I do this within DNS? Thanks. "KDawg44" <kdawg44@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:a6bb84bb-8087-43af-9fdc-67499e671be2@g19g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...= > Hello, >=20 > I have a web server running on a windows 2...

Sharing Window Handle
Hi, My program has local server exe which handles requests from multiple clients which are running on the same machine. They communicate using RPC (program written in MFC). The server needs window handle from each client to perform certain periodic operation on client windows. My problem is how I can pass window handles from client to server. The window handle in client may not be valid in Server process. Is there any way to share window handles between processes. Thanking u in advance. m... Window handles are valid everywhere in the same desktop. If your "local server" is ru...

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #2
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

Windows Installer on Excel 2000 startup
I have a machine that starts Windows Installer whenever Excel is started. We have uninstalled Excel and reinstalled and also done a repair to Excel which have both stated that they completed successfully but it makes no difference. Eventually Excel opens ok but it is very annoying having to wait a couple of minutes for Windows Installer to finish configuring Excel everytime. Any ideas? Jen Jen, Check these out... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3125...

Porting from VC6 to VS2005
I hope someone can help me answer these two questions without much trouble. 1) Can a VC6 MFC project and a VS2005 MFC project coexist in the same directory? 2) When the VS2005 Applicaation Wizard makes an MFC project, and makes a folder according to the project's name, why does it also make a subfolder of the same name for the project's source files? (VC6 only made the project folder, putting the source files there). Thanks much. AVee schrieb: > I hope someone can help me answer these two questions without much trouble. > 1) Can a VC6 MFC project and a VS2005 MFC projec...

Upgrade Dex 7.5 - 8.0
I am a developer, so I have multiple copies of GP on my computer and in my network. I also us Dex for modifications. I recently installed GP8 on one of my computers to duplicate an upgrade a client was making. GP8 is running fine. I also installed Dex8 and it seems to run fine. The Dex Utilities let's me compile my 7.5 code without any errors. However, when I go into Dex8 and try to run "Test Mode", I get an error when logging into the database. A get/change first operation on table SY_Users_MSTR cannot find the table. I am running Dex8 on a different computer then GP...

GP 7.5 Financial Memory Requirements.
Does anyone have a copy/link on GP 7.5 memory requirement per user on a Citrix environment? Does GP 7.5 Citrix aware by default install? Or does it need preparation? Regards, Sherwin de CLaro ...

Parallel port under Windows 7
Did somebody try writing values to parallel port under Windows 7? So far I am unable to do it. Stuff that worked on XP doesn't under Win7. CreateFile("LPT3"...) succeeds but all subsequent commands (GetCommState, WriteFile) fail. I stopped spooling and followed recommendations from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823179/en-us. Didn't help. InpOut32.dll does not work on 64 bit version (which is expected), but even 32 bit version works on some computers and doesn't on the others. Specifically, it works on the PC with LPT port on a separate I/O card (appea...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Active Directory , Windows 2003 SBS to Windows 2008 SBS
Hello! I've got a little issue here. I work for a company and we are getting a new Intelserver. Now the problem is we've got an 32bit windows 2003 small business server with an Active Directory (and sql). And we are getting a Windows 2008 Small business server 64bit. Is there any possible way to ''Transfer'' ''Move'' or ''Copy'' the Active Directory to his new server without changing, removing or adding any data. I really need to be sure that nothing goes wrong cause 25 people are working on it everyday (Ofcourse i have a...

Program Windows
I am taking MS excel class, and have the following questions, if anyone could help. 1. What are the elements of he Excel Program Window 2. What is the difference between the MS word and MS Excel Windaos. 3. What is the difference between MS Word and Excel Window 4. Can think of when you would want to use an Excel Worsheet vs. an MS windows Any help would be great Thanks ...

Can I assign an ip form within a program on Windows CE 6.0
Hi I know in Windows CE 6.0 you can change the ip address on the device by doing the following 1. Navigate to : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network and Dial up Connections 2. Right click on the network adapter and select Properties 3. You will see the IP Settings dialog box 4. Click Specify an IP address and fill it in I would like to do the same thing in a program. What do I wirte too? Are they registry entries or something in the smbserver.dll? Can someone please provide some detail on what to write too? -- Don Just ...

Long Parallel Columns
I am looking for a way to create very long parallel columns in Word. I am trying to create a document in two languages (English on left and Spanish on right) so that by scrolling down the document, I can compare the two versions at the same time. I know that I can create tables for such a thing on a small scale. But these documents are very long (think books) and linking one text column to another across multiple pages seems to causes problems. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. In Word the only practical way to do this is with a table. Just make sure that you st...

painting windows
so instead of sending messages to applications and ask them to paint their client area from time to time, why doesn't windows just do us a favor by buffering what the apps have drawn and doing all the repaintings itself? ben Nice idea, but probably this would be unreliable. How would Windows know whether it was restoring a background or whether the application is trying to draw itself again. The way it works by invalidating portions of the screen is actually pretty good if we can limit the amount of space being redrawn at any time. Tom "benben" <benhongh@yahoo.com.au&g...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Windows Vista won't function after installing updates
I have Windows Vista and I installed a lot of updates last night upon shut down. When I turned on my computer today, my login screen popped up so I put in my password but after login the only thing on my screen was "My documents" folder with a black screen. I can access documents and the internet if I go through items in "My documents" but my Vista's platform is not there at all- no task bar, background or anything. I tried to look in my drivers to do the suggested "roll back" but it wasnt an option for any of the drivers and I'm not sure whe...

help with windows??
Is this possible, a new area on my new acer i knew nothing about?? No, it's not an area on your computer. It's a public newsgroup on the internet. This specific one is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Incidentally, when posting to the internet, you really should "munge" your e-mail address. There are many unscrupulous people out there who harvest e-mail addresses and sell them to spammers. It's probably too late now, though, for this particular address! -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSt...

Getting rid of the "Template Help" Window on Excel2003 Startup
Hi! It used to be that when I double-click on an XLS file in Windows Explorer, my excel spreadsheet popped up with no problem. Now, when I open up a file, I can't see the last 1/4 of the sheet because Excel2003 puts an annoying window that covers the last 1/4 of my excel sheet. This Window seems to be called Template Help and looks like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/mja616/Help/ItemWatch_001.jpg How do I get rid of this darn window so that it doesn't cover my sheet upon excel start up? I've searched through help and the only thing it directs me to is the office &...

Windows XP problem
My machine runs on Widnows XP SP2 and IE8.0. Two days before my father browsed something in the Inbox of Faccbook and then clicked "Home", It seemed not to respond, then he "refesh" the page. It did not respond. He click "refresh" again and it stoped to respond too. So he tried to close the Browser and it returned the error message "IE has encountered probelm and it must be terminated. So he pressed "Confirm". But it did not respnd. He wait for a while, the computer shut down and restart automatically. When it entered to the Windows...

Is Integration Manager work with Canadian Payroll 7.5
We would like to bring in the employee data from our HR system to the Canadian Payroll system, will the integration Manager work with the Canadian Payroll Module? Have anyone has the experience on this can share some insight? Otto: I recently asked IM support that same question and they told me that IM only works with US Payroll and not Canadian Payroll. So it looks like you would need to find another avenue to integrate that data in to your system. Sorry, but that is the answer I got from them about a week ago, JG "Otto Lam" wrote: > We would like to bring in the emp...

Please help #7
I have just downloaded the 90 day trial of money because I wanted to make sure i liked it before I spent the money on it, I had been using Quicken, which I didnt like. Now that I have downloaded money2005 free trial all of my info from quicken went into money which I didnt want to happen. How can I start fresh with money and enter new information. I want to get rid of all the info that was in quicken. Can someone please help me figure this thing out? Thank you In microsoft.public.money, Tina wrote: >I have just downloaded the 90 day trial of money because I wanted to make >sure...