Non-Plug&Play driver installation

Hello there,

I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can
install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to
install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for
plug-&-play devices.

can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance
KW

0
McKool

Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and
binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated
device and register your INF:

devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId

-scott

--
Scott Noone
Consulting Associate

"McKool" <k.wagner@peak-system.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I
> can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I
> want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function
> SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices.
>
> can anybody help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> KW

0
Scott
4/7/2010 11:37:23 AM
Hello Scott,

thanks for your replay. Yes, it is a root enumerated device.

I will check devcon src, thanks again...

Keneth.

"Scott Noone" <snoone@osr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and
> binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root
> enumerated device and register your INF:
>
> devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId
>
> -scott
>
> --
> Scott Noone
> Consulting Associate
> OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
> http://www.osronline.com
>
> "McKool" <k.wagner@peak-system.com> wrote in message
>> Hello there,
>>
>> I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I
>> can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I
>> want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function
>> SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices.
>>
>> can anybody help me with this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> KW

0
McKool

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

MS Publisher says no printer installed after reinstalling printer
I lost connection yesterday after a lightening strike fried my surge protector. I reinstalled and can print from my other MS office programs but not Publisher. I reinstalled/repaired Office and it still does not work. Any help? Colleenhh wrote: > I lost connection yesterday after a lightening strike fried my surge > protector. I reinstalled and can print from my other MS office > programs but not Publisher. I reinstalled/repaired Office and it > still does not work. Any help? ======================================= There could be damage to the printer. You are quite fortunate t...

64 Bit Monolithic Print Driver Will Not Thunk
I have developed a monolithic print driver. I did not use MSPLOT as a base; rather, I built it from the ground up by carefully following the DDK documentation as best I could. A few particulars... DDK Version: 7600.16385.0 Build Box OS: 64 bit Vista Ultimate Build Environment: x64 Checked Build Environment Test Box for Printing: 64 Bit Vista Ultimate Driver consists of 2 files... INF for installation 1 user mode DLL which exports UI interface and Graphics rendering functions. All of the functions emit messages which state that the function has been called. //-------...

non

calling application from the driver
We have a scenario in our driver, where we have a 5 msec timer running at the driver level. Driver seeks some information at 5 msec interval from the application. We need a mechanism where driver can either signal the application regularly at 5 msec interval or sholud be able to call the callback routine. Please suggest the right way to di it. Is it possible to use CallBack funcations or events in XP driver ? If so how to use them ? IS there sample available for the same in DDK ? Thanks > We have a scenario in our driver, where we have a 5 msec timer running = at=20 &...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Where should the backend be installed
Thanks in advance to anybody that can offer an opinion or advice. Scenario I have developed an application using Access 2003 that I intend to make available for users to download from a web site. The installation file will be created with Sagekey and will include Access 2007 Runtime. Dilemma Sagekey recommends installing the backend to the folder “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data” which is a hidden folder. My application enables users to create new backend files and to change which backend they link to, using the common dialog box which can’t see the ...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

cannot debug plug-in in vc++ 6.0
HI All, We have a plug-in application and i am able to debug that for all most all softwares like Adobe PS, adobe acrobat etc. But for some reason it doesnt seem to stop at breakpoints for SCANSOFT PAPERPORT software. I am not able to debug our plug-in for PAPERPORT software. I am using VC++ 6.0 on win xp pro, SP2. any idea what may be causing my plug-in not to bebug with paperport. thanks, -Anish ...

Strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail
I saw some strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers. 1. First, the installation apparently completed successfully, but with nothing on the screen that said the program was now accessible. I had to search through the directories for wlmail.exe in order to start the program. 2. It then came up in a mode of importing from Windows Mail - first the accounts, which imported successfully, then the email already downloaded. This hung overnight on importing one of the folders from a gmail IMAP account - apparantly, it needed a human response on what it...

eSata hot-plug but not hot-swap, safely remove
I have AHCI enabled on an Asrock 890GX Extreme3 but can't see Safely Remove Hardware icon. Disks connected on eSata supporting AHCI and NCQ are recognized but I can't find a safe way to disconnect them, I can just go into diskmgmt.msc and put them "offline", or shutdown. Driver is "amd ahci compatible raid controller", and AND RAIDxpress correctly notifies plug and unplug, but I can't set external drives as removable. I also tried the other compatible drivers for the controller with same result: - AMD sata controller - standard AHCI 1.0 controller ...

Install Business Protal SDK failed on Visual Studio .Net not detec
Tried to Install Business Protal SDK but failed on "Visual Studio .Net not detected"though I already installed Visual Studio 2005 My environment installed with: SQL 2005 GP 9 BP 3 Visual Studio 2005 ...

How to install SourceSafe??
Dear Sir/Madam, I am using M.S. Access 2007 to develop projects, but I am not yet familiar with the new interface please help me with the following: When I open Access I got the message -You don't have a source code control program (Such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe) installed on your machine - How to install SourceSafe?? Thanks in advanced ...

Epson TM-H6000II Printer using Windows Driver with Store Operation
I have downloaded the printer driver from Epson. The receipt prints very slow. It looks good, but takes for ever to print. Does anyone have a clue why? I'm wondering if my dip switches are set correctly. Any ideas on dip switches? Try using an OPOS driver. It may increase the speed. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Steve A. Petty" <Steve A. Petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08961FB9-F8D9-4C6A-91E7-E04A035EB4B9@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded the printer driver from Epson. The receipt prints very > slow. It looks good, but ...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

Cannot boot, setup cannot detect existing installation
After being infected by a virus (cleaned from via anti-virus bootcd) my Dell XP machine no longer boots. Trying to boot in safe-mode stalls after the line that says that it is loading ACPI.sys. I tried to do a repair from the windows XP setup CD but it fails to detect the existing installation. I don't know if it makes any difference but there are 3 partitions (C:, dell utility and dell recovery). Since it seems to loading the other 'sys' files before ACPI I assume that the bootloader sequence is okay (MBR, boot partition, etc) and the problem lies with system files. I...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Installation Error
I have installed the free trial of Microsoft Money Esssentials and when I open the program I receive the following error: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.705 ModName: utlsrf07.dll ModVer: 16.0.0.705 Offset: 00008fcc What can I do to correct this? Try opening a new file (or the Sample.mny file). Essentials cannot convert from open/convert a file from a previous version. That may be what it's attempting. -Mark "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2F9473-8DC0-45F2-B6BB-EEFD07E4B24E@microsoft.com... >I have installed the free trial...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

install
can someone point out a white paper/links for installation of CRM 3.0 My company has 23 employees looking to load up all our sales reps with CRM on their outlook. TIA cheeck out the impl guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en "Vai2000" wrote: > can someone point out a white paper/links for installation of CRM 3.0 My > company has 23 employees looking to load up all our sales reps with CRM on > their outlook. > > TIA > > > I have to say, I'm currently in process wi...

SQL Error installing GP 10 SP3
Clean install of GP 10. windows 2k8 std 32 bit , sql 2k5 sp3 Install of DYNAMICS db is successful. I setup the account for 6 segments of lengths 6,3,7,3,2,7. When I attempt to setup the first company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: declare @MXNUMSEG int, @Counter int, @AcctSQLCmd varchar(500), @StrLinked char(20), @StrNotLinked char(20) select @Counter = 0 set @AcctSQLCmd = space(1) set @StrLinked = '''Liked''' set @StrNotLinked = '''Not Linked''' select @MXNUMSEG = MXNUMSEG from DYNAMIC...

exchange 5.5 sp4 install failed
Tried installing sp4 on Exchange 5.5, NT4 sp6a machine. Got a popup window, "Service cannot accept control messages at this time." Please help. I do not know what this means, nor can I find any information on this error. Many thanks!! Reboot the server. On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:14:02 -0800, IT boy <ITboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Tried installing sp4 on Exchange 5.5, NT4 sp6a machine. Got a popup window, >"Service cannot accept control messages at this time." Please help. I do not >know what this means, nor can I find any information on this e...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

Error 80070103
I have now installed Windows7 on my computer, but when I click Windows Update I receive this massage: Microsoft driver update for Generic Smart card. Code: 80070103. Is there someone out there who knows what I shall do solve this problem? Hello Roger, I would suggest you to яun Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. Ǝиçεl -=- "Roger" wrote: > I have now installed Windows7 on my computer, but when I click Windows Update > I receive this massage: > Microsoft driver update for Generic Smart card. > Code: 80070103. ...