NDIS intermediate driver under Windows 7

I have a monitoring firewall app that uses NDIS intermediate driver.
Everything is fine under XP. But under Windows 7, I am able to install
the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to
driver when it starts up.

Any hints or pointers?

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:
http://preciseinfo.org

> the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to
> driver when it starts up.

Access denied? is the app running with admin privileges?

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
12/18/2009 3:53:10 AM
In article <u5QkcW5fKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
>> the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to
>> driver when it starts up.
>
>Access denied? is the app running with admin privileges?

Not sure what the exect error is. But the driver could not be opened.
I have to look into the source code and see what exactly is the error.

Well, as far as privileges go I don't remember which account it was
installed from. Unfortunately, I never worked with win 7 or vista.
I do't like to run new stuff usually, especially the major o/s
versions. Plus i did not like the idea of vista bloat at all.

So, how would i check if the app is running with admin privileges?
On XP it does run with admin privileges.

Are there general no-nos for NDIS intermediate drivers under win 7?

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:

http://preciseinfo.org

Code examples and expert discussions on
C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript
0
tanix
ma...@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:

> >> the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to
> >> driver when it starts up.
>
> >Access denied? is the app running with admin privileges?
>
> Not sure what the exect error is. But the driver could not be opened.
> I have to look into the source code and see what exactly is the error.
>
> Well, as far as privileges go I don't remember which account it was
> installed from. Unfortunately, I never worked with win 7 or vista.
> I do't like to run new stuff usually, especially the major o/s
> versions. Plus i did not like the idea of vista bloat at all.
>
> So, how would i check if the app is running with admin privileges?
> On XP it does run with admin privileges.
>
> Are there general no-nos for NDIS intermediate drivers under win 7?
>
> >--=3D20
> >Maxim S. Shatskih
> >Windows DDK MVP
> >ma...@storagecraft.com
> >http://www.storagecraft.com
>
> --
> Programmer's Goldmine collections:
>
> http://preciseinfo.org
>
> Code examples and expert discussions on
> C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript

Maxim means that your application must run with Admin privilege. If
you click on application and click on right button of mouse you could
see in the top of Window a item "Run as administrator". Click on this
and your application will run with admin privilege. If you just simple
double click on the application it will not have such privilege.

Igor Sharovar
0
eagersh
12/19/2009 1:17:57 AM
In article <8ba44aa9-3291-4218-b7e0-1bbf311414da@y32g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, eagersh <eagersh20@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Dec 17, 9:20=A0pm, ta...@mongo.net (tanix) wrote:

>> >Access denied? is the app running with admin privileges?
>>
>> Not sure what the exect error is. But the driver could not be opened.
>> I have to look into the source code and see what exactly is the error.
>>
>> Well, as far as privileges go I don't remember which account it was
>> installed from. Unfortunately, I never worked with win 7 or vista.
>> I do't like to run new stuff usually, especially the major o/s
>> versions. Plus i did not like the idea of vista bloat at all.
>>
>> So, how would i check if the app is running with admin privileges?
>> On XP it does run with admin privileges.
>>
>> Are there general no-nos for NDIS intermediate drivers under win 7?
>>
>> >--=3D20
>> >Maxim S. Shatskih
>> >Windows DDK MVP
>> >ma...@storagecraft.com
>> >http://www.storagecraft.com
>>
>> --
>> Programmer's Goldmine collections:
>>
>> http://preciseinfo.org
>>
>> Code examples and expert discussions on
>> C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript
>
>Maxim means that your application must run with Admin privilege.

Acutally, I was too busy to even think about it when I wrote it.
The problem is the app is started automatically.
So, it is not clear at which point it starts.
If it starts at teh point where I log in, depending on privileges
on that account it MAY start under non privileged account.

And once we are at it, the same thing probably applies to driver.
I do not remember at which point the NDIS intermediate driver
starts.

If you guys thing the only think preventing that app and to start
is an issue of privileges, that is a good news. We can fix that one.
Cause I prolly need to run win 7 even though at this point
I don't see what does it buy me. XP is just fine for me for
everything I need to run and I think microsoft has wasted several
years since vista on developing the stuff no one really needs
more or less.

What I hate to see with microsoft is every time they come up with
new version of something, you have to spend years relearning
everything you know. All the dialog boxes are different.
Things are no longer in place you know where they should be
and on and on and on.

From what I sess, it is a deliberate strategy to keep everyone
spinning the whells and wasting at least 2 years to catch up
with microsoft.

Instead of simply polishing things people do need, they keep
redesigning everything, at least from the user interface standpoint.

Don't they have at least someone with brains at microsoft?

>If
>you click on application and click on right button of mouse you could
>see in the top of Window a item "Run as administrator". Click on this
>and your application will run with admin privilege. If you just simple
>double click on the application it will not have such privilege.

Hey, thanx for a tip.
I only ran win 7 once or twice.
People say it is glittery but so far I see more problems with it.
I think this whole concept of increasing security is basically
a failure. They should have looked at the way Linux Ubuntu does it
instead of putting ALL sorts of hard restrictions and not allowing
the users to chose they way they want to run their box.

Just look at Linux world. There is no such a thing as viruses or
trojans. True, it is primarily becasue you are dealing with
pub domain code and there is a single release point, Ubuntu in
this case and you can trust those.

But they also have a sudo command to run anything with su priveleges.
So, overall, nothing runs on your box as su account except some
rare time slices when you need to modify the system parameters
or what have you.

And what windows does?
Well, they just put the most stringent and more or less utterly
useless limitations that can only provide user inconvenience
at the end.

You can hardly find a box that is NOT running the antivirus program.
Every time you run some program or even touch the zip file,
the antivirus program scans it for viruses.

So...
What IS the point in all this "improved" security?
I really do not see a SINGLE benefit so far.
But I do see ALL sorts of potential and actual problems.
I could not install some perfectly good working apps on win 7
because of some utter garbage I don't even have time to get into
beyond knowing full well it is utter nonsense.

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:

http://preciseinfo.org

Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on
C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript,
organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques.

0
tanix
12/19/2009 6:22:03 AM
> But they also have a sudo command to run anything with su priveleges.
> So, overall, nothing runs on your box as su account except some
> rare time slices when you need to modify the system parameters
> or what have you.
>=20
> And what windows does?

Vista and later do the same as "sudo". You just do not need to type =
"sudo", only to push a button.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
12/19/2009 4:53:17 PM
In article <uhd$EvMgKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
>> But they also have a sudo command to run anything with su priveleges.
>> So, overall, nothing runs on your box as su account except some
>> rare time slices when you need to modify the system parameters
>> or what have you.
>>=20
>> And what windows does?
>
>Vista and later do the same as "sudo". You just do not need to type =
>"sudo", only to push a button.

Oh, cool. That is a good idea.

Btw, someone told me to tell my up to run in compatibility mode
and that allowed it to talk to intermediate NDIS driver.

I wonder what could be an issue with the app that would require
it to run in compatibility mode?

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:

http://preciseinfo.org

Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on
C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript,
organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques.

0
tanix
12/19/2009 7:40:27 PM
>>Vista and later do the same as "sudo". You just do not need to type =
=3D
>>"sudo", only to push a button.
>=20
> Oh, cool. That is a good idea.

Yes.

Windows ecosystem had a long and _evil_ tradition of running everything =
with admin rights. UNIX ecosystem had no such traditions.

This is a question of traditions, and not of technical quality of the =
OS.

So, with Vista, MS have chosen to break this evil tradition, and thus =
UAC was introduced - "reduced admin" mode with automatic prompts about =
the administrative action being performed. This replaces "sudo".

Now note the following: "not sure what the exect error is" is NOT a way =
of asking questions on forums. The first step you must do (after all, =
it's your app and your problems) is to at least determine the exact =
point of failure - error code and the call which fails.

Usually (but not always) the Vista-only problems is due to permissions =
and UAC - the app no more runs as administrator, and the required =
permissions are administrative. So, try running the admin command prompt =
and your app from it.

Then, if this is really the case, embed the "requireAdministrator" =
manifest to the resource section of the EXE - this is the simplest way =
of asking Vista to always ask for admin access when running your EXE.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
12/20/2009 6:42:43 AM
In article <#hIGj#TgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:
>>>Vista and later do the same as "sudo". You just do not need to type =
>=3D
>>>"sudo", only to push a button.
>>=20
>> Oh, cool. That is a good idea.
>
>Yes.
>
>Windows ecosystem had a long and _evil_ tradition of running everything =
>with admin rights. UNIX ecosystem had no such traditions.
>
>This is a question of traditions, and not of technical quality of the =
>OS.
>
>So, with Vista, MS have chosen to break this evil tradition, and thus =
>UAC was introduced - "reduced admin" mode with automatic prompts about =
>the administrative action being performed. This replaces "sudo".
>
>Now note the following: "not sure what the exect error is" is NOT a way =
>of asking questions on forums.

:--}

I know, I know...
I just happened to open the source code for the app just before
I read this group right now and I am willing to spend a few minutes
on it. Not to please people like you, but to fix one nasty bug that
apparently causes problem when the program is first ran after install
and a request is made to get the list of all adapters from the miniport.

So...

Strange how things happen in life, isn't it?

:--}

But I am not even going to bother tell you what I see.
You seem to be so important, you can hardly be bothered
with small things like that, right?

So...

Btw, are you in the Silicon Valley?

> The first step you must do (after all, =
>it's your app and your problems)

Insightful.

I know, I know.

> is to at least determine the exact =
>point of failure - error code and the call which fails.

I could not be bothered too much with it.
I have minutes to resolve this issue.
Someone already suggested to make sure the program runs in
compatibility mode, whatever that means. I never worked with vista
or win 7. It is the first time I am trying to deal with this stuff.
If I can run my monitoring firewall on it without spending more than
an hour in toto to make it work, fine, I'll give win 7 a chance.

Otherwise, sorry, XP is good enough for a poor guy like me.
It does everything I need for the most important things.
I already had some problem installing one other app I intend to use
that runs just fine on XP. So, that does not make me happy.
I can not take chances with a new O/S no matter how slick it looks.
Cause I am not after looks or playing the kill, kill, kill games
that need teraflops in performance.

I am just a poor guy.
Have mercy on me.
Pleeeeze.

>Usually (but not always) the Vista-only problems is due to permissions =
>and UAC - the app no more runs as administrator, and the required =
>permissions are administrative.

I see. Well, after I changed it to run in "compatibility" mode,
the app seem to be able to open driver and I do see some traffic
in the monitor window. It means everything is fine, we are in busness.

> So, try running the admin command prompt =
>and your app from it.

>Then, if this is really the case, embed the "requireAdministrator" =
>manifest to the resource section of the EXE - this is the simplest way =
>of asking Vista to always ask for admin access when running your EXE.

Thanx. Cya.

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:

http://preciseinfo.org

Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on
C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript,
organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques.

0
tanix
12/20/2009 9:47:39 AM
In article <#hIGj#TgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote:

[...]

>Maxim S. Shatskih
>Windows DDK MVP
>maxim@storagecraft.com
>http://www.storagecraft.com

Btw, I do have an archive of kernel and driver groups going back
several years.

Do you guys think that putting up the site that covers these issues
and filters archives with fancy filters and separates all the issues
by chapter that contain the appropriate articles only makes any
sense?

My sites are organized by two major sections:
code examples/snippets and expert discussions.
Then the sites are split into chapters, like a book.
Each chapter covers a set of related issues.
Archives are filtered with powerful filters that are orders
of magnitude more precise than of a search engine.

So... I can pretty much find you a single article in the entire
archive need be.

So, the question becomes: does it make sense to put up a site
that will allow you guys see several years worth of information
on these groups?

Secondly, anybody has a suggestion on which chapters to include?
I haven't started working on this particular site and am not sure
this is the one I am interested in doing next. There are other
sites that are itching to be created and a need for them is
probably much higher than for this site.

But who knows. May be you can give me a sufficient stimuli
to make this one next?

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:

http://preciseinfo.org

Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on
C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript,
organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques.

0
tanix

ndis reset.
Does NDIS provide a way for someone outside of the NIC driver stack to request that the device be reset? I know that there is NdisReset(), but that assumes that I am part of the protocol stack. I am looking for something else. Regards, Rossetoecioccolato. ...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

How to install two video adapter driver using the same WDDM driver?
How do I install two video adapters drivers using the same WDDM driver? Microsoft said: "The user could change the graphics hardware configuration by choosing multiple graphics adapters that use the same WDDM driver. Graphics adapters from the same ASIC family generally have the same graphics driver. In late 2006, each of the major graphics vendors had a single WDDM driver for all supported WDDM graphics adapters." http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx http://www.realtime-vista.com/installation/2006/12/enhanced_support_for_dual_moni.htm We we trying to u...

Need remote Clients to have open SMTP relay with windows authentication in Exchange 2003
Hi all ... first time posting here, but i have been able to find many answers to other questions in the past ... Unfortunatley I may be in a bit over my head with this one. I have about 100 remote users and until now they have not been required to send email over SMTP to domains out side of ours. Now we have a directive from above to allow relaying from dialup and remote users but need to setup SMTP authentication. Current config ... Server: Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 server SP1 Firewall permitting any traffic on ports 110 and 25 Security options for SMTP in the System Manager is se...

device driver question!
Hi: When device driver was activated by the API "ActivateDeviceEx", the DllEntry was called or not? I had added a "debug msg" statement in the DllEntry try to find out the Device driver DLL was loaded or not, but this mark (DEBUGMSG/ RETAILMSG) was never shown it!. However, xxx_Iint's debug message was shown, and same as xxx_Open! So How this DLL was loaded? why DllEntry is not entry point? Thanks Lu On Jun 7, 2:54=A0pm, ydlu <yudian...@gmail.com> wrote: > When device driver was activated by the API "ActivateDeviceEx", the > DllE...

i want all windows in one excel frame (windows in taskbar)
Hi I am using Office 2007 and need all excel windows under 1 excel frame so that i can switch between windows Open Excel Options (from Office tool - colourful ball) Open Advanced tab in left of dialog Locate Display group Put check in Show All Windows in Taskbar best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Subramanya" <Subramanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7836B5CF-B994-48B4-AE3A-64300C15E0BB@microsoft.com... > Hi > I am using Office 2007 and need all excel windows under 1 excel frame so >...

Windows 2008 R2 Agent Deployment
I just installed DPM 2007 SP1 on a server hosting Windows Server 2008 R2. All appears to be working on the server. When i try to deploy agents using DPM to my workstations, on the browse list i see many systems, but do not see any which are running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to deploy agents to Windows 2008 R2 servers using DPM. How can i go about installing the agents on these systems. Thanksm, Mike Can you please follow the manual agent installation path? Please find the required steps at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870935.aspx Than...

Problem with Windows Update
I have a Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition X64 SP2 with all the updates up to this week. this week it started failing on the update for KB967723. The error code is 80070003. The KB search finds nothing on this. the hyperlink on the event log entry tells me to check my spelling(?). anyone had this problem too? I tried shutting down the server to clear any problems it might have had in memory, but this did not help. the server is set for automatic update so I also re-downloaded the update manually and the installation still failed. What should I try next? IF I don't rep...

relaying #7
how does this get threw my mail server I have blocked 61.0.0.0 sub255.0.0.0 in message filtering this domain is albertaequestrian.com Received: from ljkljklk-tbd7nd ([61.62.51.62]) by mail.albertaequestrian.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:08:23 -0600 From: "alerimanl" <K535Q687@64.56.133.45> Subject: =?GB2312?B?xNEtzfwtusMtyuk=?= To: dujennyq@mail.china.com Content-Type: text/html MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:05:23 +0800 X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.2616 Return-Path: K535Q687@64.5...

import Windows Performance Log to excel
Hello... is there a way to import Windows Performance Log file to Excel so that its data can be used to generate charts? Thanks for your responses in advance. Rob If you configure the Performance Log(s) to be comma or tab delimited text files then you can open them in Excel and save the resultant spreadsheet. Never tried it but the theory holds. If you've got binary files I don't know how you'd go about it. Regards Trevor "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A752F11-E888-4059-BC1D-27E08A3F7A0C@microsoft.com... > Hello... is th...

RMS 2.0/Windows Permissions Error
Good Morning Everyone, I have a question for the group. I have a customer running RMS 2.0, pre SP2 on Windows XP. The customer is trying to lock down his cashiers from installing unauthorized software and other such abuses on the computers. Here is the problem. When locked down he is getting the error: "Server Failure 139: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the register." This error only happens as the POS and goes away when the user is added as a local administrator. I am fairly confident this is a problem with permissions regarding licensing or OPOS, bu...

Audio drivers
I am sure someone might have run into a similar situation. I have a HP Compaq DC 7900 machine with Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit on it. The audio device listed in device management is "Audio Device on High Definiton Bus". However, HP doesn't do audio drivers for Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit. Is ithere any work around to get the audio going? Your help is very much appreciated. Regards, Srini Hi, Your Compaq audio chipset is ADI1884, manufactured by Analog Devices. Unfortunately they don't post drivers for their chipsets in their web page, leaving...

Changing Windows
Is it possible to dynamically change windows by switching the pointers/handles? It could apply to pretty much any window. I am trying to create dynamic splitter using a static splitter. Currently, I delete all views and change the parameters of the splitterwnd to not create a view. Then, I simply delete the splitterwnd, recreate it, then recreate the views. That works just fine and dandy. I was thinking of adding a DefaultView in place of a view, then just replacing pointers, so I don't have to delete the view and recreate it. I would like to changing this m_wndSplitter.Create...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for u
We upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. we also upgraded our customizations. Unfotunately, we are getting this error. I believe the ADO code is causing the problem and is unable to make the connection to the SQL servier and return a recordset. Any help would be appreciated. We have resolved this issue. "Tremor Olaes" wrote: > We upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. we also upgraded our customizations. > Unfotunately, we are getting this error. I believe the ADO code is causing > the problem and is unable to make the connection to the SQL servier and > return a recordset. Any hel...

Windows Live Messenger Handwriting Tab
Hello, I'm having a problem with my handwriting tab, It doesn't let me see what I'm drawing as I draw it. I can only see the drawing once it's sent to the recipient. ...

Email/Windows Security Pop UP
Suddenly, after 2 years, out of no where I start getting a Windows Security pop up asking me to verify my user name and password...GRRR....how do I make it stop???? I have entered the information...clicked on REMEMBER MY CREDENTIALS...and it promptly forgets!....I even went into my accounts and re entered the info and said REMEMBER....which IT promptly forgot....how do I make it stop?????...the ONLY thing I use on my comp is windows defender...all the other crap just gives me a giant headache...my windows updates automatically, which it just did PRIOR to my issues... sorry I s...

Windows installer notice keeps appearing
Hi, I just installed Office 2003 Pro over Office XP Pro. Now every time I open Outlook after booting up the Windows Installer notice appears and keeps blinking several times, as if it's trying to install something. It doesn't happen with any other program in Office 2003, just Outlook. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 and the notice keeps appearing. Once it stops blinking Outlook seems to function normally, but since this notice appears every time I open the program, it sure seems like something isn't quite right. Any thoughts??? - Dan ...

receiving photos or pictures in my message window
When I receive a photo attachment,(do not have a preview pane enabled) I usually get an error message which says: An error in script has occured on this page: Line 123, character 1, error:syntax error; Code 0; url mhtml:mid://00000000/ do you want to continue running scripts on this page? yes no ?? How do I change this in Outlook Express 6.0 ??? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also fin...

Windows forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp I can see where I'm going to hate the forums. The first thing I saw at the top of the page was "Bing". I guess there's no way of getting rid of that. Then I studied the list of catgories. I didn't see "Other" on the list. If you post in the newsgroup, everyone sees it, not just the ones who frequent certain categories. Someone posted a link to a Microsoft site that tells you why they're doing it and how wonderful it will be. Bull crap. -- --- Long liv...

dialogs in w98 vs windows xp
I compiled my VC++ application in Windows 98. I treied to run it on a Windows XP machine and some of the icon buttons were different in their dimensions and fit, as was some of the text writing. When I run it on a Windows 98 mchine, even if I change the screen resolution and dimensions, it looks right. Does XP have a different GUI? Thanks, Matt matt, Windows XP introduces improved theme support. I believe they call it a visual style. So, yes the GUI is quite different from earlier Windows versions. I do not know much more about your problem though. A lot of owner draw controls d...

ndis 5.1 in windows 7
Hi all, I would like to know whether ndis 51 miniport driver will run on windows 7. (just running, no performance) . I have built my NDIS 51 miniport with WDK - 7600 , windows 7 build envirnment. In driverEntry I am getting "NdisMregisterminiport" returns failure. (return value -1073676283) . So the driver wont even load. Do I need to port my driver to 6.0 or 6.2 to make it work on windows 7 ? Regards, Subhash For certain link speeds you will not be able to WHQL certify an Ndis 5 driver and will need a 6.x one, but as far as loading and working, Ndis 5.x drive...

Sending Registered Windows Message from one View to another
Hello, I have an MFC SDI FormView application. I have then added a CSplitterWnd to MainFrame and created a new CView. So now I have an MFC SDI app with two views, one CFormView and one CView. How do I send a Registered Windows Message from the CView to the CFormView (or the other way)? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! "Anders Eriksson" <andis59@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c5fi71oxt0ev.dlg@ostling.com... > Hello, > > I have an...

Having trouble accessing Windows XP Computer from Windows ME Via Network
My Main Computer is Running Windows ME. I am trying to fix a friends Machine with Windows XP. I can see the Machine via my Network but can't get files to transfer. I did set file sharing on both machines. I can talk to my Win 98 Machines OK. I remember that there was a FIX that one had to put on the XP to let it deal with a NULL Password but can't remember exactly what it was. Can any one refresh my Memory. Bob ...

GP 7.5 SP7 Installation
Trying to rebuild a test instance of GP 7.5. I'm installing SP7. When I get to the "Verify Settings" step, the 'Next' button is greyed out and I can't continue. Current settings shows = .... Service Pack Components: (None) Anyone know what the issue might be? Looks like it doesn't think there is anything to service pack....do you have more than one instance of GP 7.5 on the same machine that is already service packed? If so, and if I am remembering correctly, you need to go into the registry to tell it the path of this GP 7.5 instance so that ...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...