My driver will not install on windows 7 64-bit

My driver (WDM) will install on Vista 32-bit. When I tried to install it on
windows 7 64-bit, I get the error message, "Device driver software was not
successfully isntalled - No Driver found.

I assumed it was a inf problem. I added the .ntamd64 but still got the same
error message. I have not tried it on Vista 64 or Windows 7 32
Here is a copy of my inf file. I have removed the .nt extension that was
used to install the driver on XP and Vista 32. What am I doing wrong?

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Class=GETNTDS
ClassGUID={B8437626-328C-4df4-BC33-35D71C7E6586}

Provider=%GET%
DriverVer=8/2/2010,7.00.70

[ClassInstall32.ntamd64]
AddReg=AddNtdsClass

[AddNtdsClass]
HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
HKR,,Icon,,-5

;*****************************************
; GET Device  Install Section
;*****************************************
[Manufacturer]
%GET%=ModelSection

[ModelSection]
"Device description"=InstallSection,PCI\VEN_15e7&DEV_0748,0

[InstallSection.ntamd64]
AddReg=AddRegistry

[InstallSection.ntamd64.Services]
; ADD GET NTDS DEVICE SERVICE
AddService=Getntds,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,DriverService64

[DriverService64]
DisplayName ="GET NTDS Windows 64-bit driver"
ServiceType=1
StartType=2
ErrorControl=1
ServiceBinary=%10%\system32\drivers\getntds64.sys

[AddRegistry]
HKR,,,0,%ClassName%

[Strings]
GET="G.E.T. Engineering Corporation"
ClassName="GETNTDS"
SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE= 0x00000002

The service in the registry was never created.

Did you sign your driver, if not it will not install on Windows 7 64-bit,
unless you do the explicit overrride on each boot.    There is a good
article explaining signatures in http://insider.osr.com/2010/JulAug2010.pdf

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting

"getntds" <getntds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My driver (WDM) will install on Vista 32-bit. When I tried to install it
> on
> windows 7 64-bit, I get the error message, "Device driver software was not
> successfully isntalled - No Driver found.
>
> I assumed it was a inf problem. I added the .ntamd64 but still got the
> same
> error message. I have not tried it on Vista 64 or Windows 7 32
> Here is a copy of my inf file. I have removed the .nt extension that was
> used to install the driver on XP and Vista 32. What am I doing wrong?
>
> [Version]
> Signature="$Windows NT$"
> Class=GETNTDS
> ClassGUID={B8437626-328C-4df4-BC33-35D71C7E6586}
>
> Provider=%GET%
> DriverVer=8/2/2010,7.00.70
>
> [ClassInstall32.ntamd64]
> AddReg=AddNtdsClass
>
> [AddNtdsClass]
> HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
> HKR,,Icon,,-5
>
> ;*****************************************
> ; GET Device  Install Section
> ;*****************************************
> [Manufacturer]
> %GET%=ModelSection
>
> [ModelSection]
> "Device description"=InstallSection,PCI\VEN_15e7&DEV_0748,0
>
> [InstallSection.ntamd64]
> AddReg=AddRegistry
>
> [InstallSection.ntamd64.Services]
> ; ADD GET NTDS DEVICE SERVICE
> AddService=Getntds,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,DriverService64
>
> [DriverService64]
> DisplayName ="GET NTDS Windows 64-bit driver"
> ServiceType=1
> StartType=2
> ErrorControl=1
> ServiceBinary=%10%\system32\drivers\getntds64.sys
>
> [AddRegistry]
> HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
>
> [Strings]
> GET="G.E.T. Engineering Corporation"
> ClassName="GETNTDS"
> SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE= 0x00000002
>
> The service in the registry was never created.

> signature database 5393 (20100824) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5393 (20100824) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Don
8/24/2010 4:32:02 PM
Thank you, I did not know you had to have your driver signed. More stuff to
learn.

"Don Burn" wrote:

> Did you sign your driver, if not it will not install on Windows 7 64-bit,
> unless you do the explicit overrride on each boot.    There is a good
> article explaining signatures in http://insider.osr.com/2010/JulAug2010.pdf
>

> --
> Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
> Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
> Website: http://www.windrvr.com
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr
> Remove StopSpam to reply
>

> "getntds" <getntds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My driver (WDM) will install on Vista 32-bit. When I tried to install it
> > on
> > windows 7 64-bit, I get the error message, "Device driver software was not
> > successfully isntalled - No Driver found.
> >
> > I assumed it was a inf problem. I added the .ntamd64 but still got the
> > same
> > error message. I have not tried it on Vista 64 or Windows 7 32
> > Here is a copy of my inf file. I have removed the .nt extension that was
> > used to install the driver on XP and Vista 32. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > [Version]
> > Signature="$Windows NT$"
> > Class=GETNTDS
> > ClassGUID={B8437626-328C-4df4-BC33-35D71C7E6586}
> >
> > Provider=%GET%
> > DriverVer=8/2/2010,7.00.70
> >
> > [ClassInstall32.ntamd64]
> > AddReg=AddNtdsClass
> >
> > [AddNtdsClass]
> > HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
> > HKR,,Icon,,-5
> >
> > ;*****************************************
> > ; GET Device  Install Section
> > ;*****************************************
> > [Manufacturer]
> > %GET%=ModelSection
> >
> > [ModelSection]
> > "Device description"=InstallSection,PCI\VEN_15e7&DEV_0748,0
> >
> > [InstallSection.ntamd64]
> > AddReg=AddRegistry
> >
> > [InstallSection.ntamd64.Services]
> > ; ADD GET NTDS DEVICE SERVICE
> > AddService=Getntds,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,DriverService64
> >
> > [DriverService64]
> > DisplayName ="GET NTDS Windows 64-bit driver"
> > ServiceType=1
> > StartType=2
> > ErrorControl=1
> > ServiceBinary=%10%\system32\drivers\getntds64.sys
> >
> > [AddRegistry]
> > HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
> >
> > [Strings]
> > GET="G.E.T. Engineering Corporation"
> > ClassName="GETNTDS"
> > SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE= 0x00000002
> >
> > The service in the registry was never created.

> > signature database 5393 (20100824) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5393 (20100824) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Signing aside, you haven't properly decorated your Manufacturer and Models
sections.

You can look here for more information about the platform decorations:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547454(v=VS.85).aspx

You can also look in %windir%\inf\* for some examples of how to do it
correctly.

-Mike

> [...]
>> >
>> > [InstallSection.ntamd64]
>> > AddReg=AddRegistry
>> >
>> > [InstallSection.ntamd64.Services]
>> > ; ADD GET NTDS DEVICE SERVICE
>> > AddService=Getntds,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,DriverService64
>> >
>> > [DriverService64]
>> > DisplayName ="GET NTDS Windows 64-bit driver"
>> > ServiceType=1
>> > StartType=2
>> > ErrorControl=1
>> > ServiceBinary=%10%\system32\drivers\getntds64.sys
>> >
>> > [AddRegistry]
>> > HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
>> >
>> > [Strings]
>> > GET="G.E.T. Engineering Corporation"
>> > ClassName="GETNTDS"
>> > SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE= 0x00000002
>> >
>> > The service in the registry was never created.
>> >

>> > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
>> > signature database 5393 (20100824) __________
>> >
>> > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

0
Mike

third party driver catalog entries
Hi, I've added a couple of drivers to the public tree and to the catalog (public\mydriver\catalog\mydriver.pbcxml). I selected driver1 in the catalog and built and tested with it, then I unselected it and selected driver2, ran Build MyProjectname from the Build menu in PB (CE6R2). But driver1 keeps getting included in the build. I see that both driver1 and driver2 bib files are getting merged in and the dll's are both included in nk.bin. So it seems that adding to my image is easier than removing from the image. It's not just unchecking the catalog option and su...

Windows XP Home Sticks going into Hibernation/standby
It just sticks on the blue screen going into hibernation or standby when I chooseto put it in. Any ides would be helpful. Not sue this is the correct thread as wll. On Jan 19, 7:10=A0am, Bob <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It just sticks on the blue screen going into hibernation or standby when = I > chooseto put it in. > > Any ides would be helpful. =A0Not sue this is the correct thread as wll. Which blue screen is that - an empty blue screen or does it have some words on it? Has it ever worked before and what do you think has changed if it used...

Problem with outbound e-mails after installing SP2
We reached our information store limit (16gb) so we upgraded to SP2. Since then, we've been having a good percentage of e-mails bounce back. We've received the "Undeliverable" e-mails stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. SPAM" or that the e-mail recipient doesn't exist even though we had just replied to an e-mail he had sent us. Also, we've been getting e-mails sent back to us because the recipients have been listed on spamhus.org, and included is a link such as this one... http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=207.47.114.226 We wer...

Install trouble: hresult 0x8131534
Hello all... Been trying for the past 3 days to get CRM install in a lab environment, but to no success. The lab is set up with a SQL2005 server (DEVSLQ), the crm server (DEVCRM) and the domain controler (DEVDC). All thes are VM machine, each running on different VM server (Microsfot VS 2005 SP2). At first DEVSQL and DEVCRM where on the same server, but decided to try one more time by puttin it elsewhere. Every time I try to install CRM, I am now getting at the end an error that I can't seem to find ANY reference of... The closest to it is related to OLEDBTimeout, and did the mod...

Outlook 2003 will not verify username and password, but outlook express will
I am setting up a new Dell Dimension 4600 running XP Pro and office pro 2003 I have attempted to set up a pop3 email account and have quadruple checked every thing, but when I attempt to receive mail, it asks for a username and password , and then fails saying server would not authenticate the username/password. Yet I can set the same account up in express and it works fine. I have disabled all firewall and virus protection. Any ideas or has anyone seen this problem? Thanks, Dennis I am not sure if this will help you, but wont hurt to try. Tools/Options/Mail Setup/E-mail Accounts/Nex...

Re-install OE
Hello, I'm getting an error message when attempting to create mail in outlook express 6. Message basically says OE incorrectly configured and that i should reinstall. OE functions normally otherwise. Currently running XP. How do I reinstall. That a bogus catchall error message. If you can get OE to start, then go to File | Identities and set up a new Identity and that should fix things and you can import from the other Identity. Otherwise, if OE won't start then delete folders.dbx. See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#7 steve "rc" <rc@home> ...

bluetooth support on windows ce 5
how do i add bluetooth support on windows ce 5 using platform builder ? was i have done : - in platform builder i have added 'Bluetooth Stack with Integrated USB Driver' - then i start the ce-device and plug-in an bluetooth usb-dongle on a win-pc i can find the ce-device vie bluetooth, but there are any services listed i want to use spp-profile (virtual com ecc) do i have add some more packages in platform builder or is this application specific work ? btw: its a custom ce-device without display and keyboard. the ce-device uses .net cf 35 See the bellow give...

OPOS Driver VS Windows Driver
I have a Epson TM-T88III Reciept Printer and the problem that i have is that when I use the windows printer driver to print the receipts its very slow and when I use the OPOS driver the reciept prints really fast. I would rather use the windows driver so how can I make the reciept print out faster? For faster printing in Windows using a TM printer, select a TM-Printer font -Chris "Mr Singh" <MrSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:923EF5EF-C020-4193-B870-166094822E33@microsoft.com... >I have a Epson TM-T88III Reciept Printer and the problem that i ha...

How many characters will fit in one cell?
How many characters will fit in one cell? Hi Wanda Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Max Column width = 255 characters -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wanda M." <Wanda M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061E8770-93FA-4DB5-80ED-F066B02961BF@microsoft.com... > How many characters will fit in one cell? ...

Error while trying to download Windows SP2
What does error code 0x87FF0004 mean? It also told me that printuit (?) could not be copied Hello Linda, 0x87FF0004 Error_Too_Many_Open_Files How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718> -=- 13 July 2010 Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" (i.e., Automatic Updates will not work and Windows Update website will not be accessib...

Are your drivers worn out?
This has got to be one of the most stupid things I have seen online. Some website I stumbled across (I should have saved the URL), had an ad to sell some software to "Check for worn out Drivers". (such as a printer driver). Yep, it claimed that drivers dont only become outdated, but they wear out. WTF?????? I can agree that some do become outdated, but how the F--K do they wear out? Do their bearings wear from lack of lubrication, or does their engine fail? Or maybe they wear from friction, such as a pair of socks. I know that there is a lot of BS in advertising, espe...

I need 19:00
My sheet shows tool down times for a works project A1 = 19:00 (in time format) B1 = 7:00 (in time format) C1 = =B1-A1 which displays ############# How do i minus time after 00:00 0:00 If i take 19:00(B1) from 19:01(C1) it gives me the correct answer of 0:01, its just with numbers after 00:00. The WinXL default 1900 date system can't show negative times (times are stored as fractional days, so 19:00 = 0.791666667). The (Mac default) 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation, check the 1904 date system checkbox) can, but the result would be -12:00 One solution would be to add 1 ...

DDE Server Window: OUTLOOK.EXE entry point not found
I have Office2000 SR-1 and SR-2 installed on my XP. Recently I uninstalled an application, WinForms. After that I has problem with Outlook. It always pop up a windown "DDE Server Window: OUTLOOK.EXE entry point not found" with the following message: The procedure entry point EndDefe?WindowPos could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll. The "?" is a symbol that cannot be keyed in. Has anyone experienced the same problem, thank a lot for any pointer. -Wei ...

Driver
Can any one refer a suitable driver that works with the Panasonic KX-P3200 FORMS PRINTER to run on WindowsXP. I contacted Panasonic but no response yet. There are no listed drivers for XP based on what I have seen. Help please. Thanks all. ...

System error
I am trying to print a 12-page booklet (double-sided) in Publisher. I get an error message stating a System error. I have restarted computer but still get error message each time. Have you looked at the support documents for your printer model on the manufacturer's web site? Is your printer driver current? How to download and install the latest printer driver from your printer manufacturer's Web site http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_print_introduction/en-us What exactly is the wording of the error? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Trouble Printing" <Tr...

CRM for Outlook Installation
trying to install CRM for Outlook Client on user's laptop. I get to the step where you Specify Microsoft CRM Server page, and I type the url (e.g. http://crm.opnt.local), and I get the following error message: setup was unable to find an instance of the MS CRM Server components. I installed on my own laptop last week, using same url, etc., and it worked fine. The System Admin suggested trying to install on the local 100 Mbit network connection, as I did last week; as opposed to doing the install at the user's office, which only has a 10 Mbit network connection. I haven...

Business Portal Installation Error #2
I recently installed Great Plains Business Portal 2.5 on a client system: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Great Plains 8.0 SQL Server 2000 SP3a SPS 2.0 SP1 Upon complettion of the install (No errors), only the sample company would appear in the choice of companies to display on the main page. Examination of the database by the installation team reveiled so ghost data from a previous install so we thought that might be the problem and removed it. I then removed and installed the Portal (Leaving Database info intact). Upon install all the companies appeared. I chose the main company and went in...

Dynamics CRM 4.0 re-install issue
Hi Due to certain issues, I had to uninstall and reinstall our Dynamics CRM 4.0 installation. The install went fine and the deployment Manager allowed me to create a new organization. But when I try and browse to the site I get the message: "Record is Unavailable - the requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient priveleges to view it". I've looked at the few logs that have been raised about this topic and installed the CRM4diagTool. (can't see really what this does!) I've also set up tracing. I can see the underyling error "CrmKey With Id = 00...

Outlook.exe has caused errors and windows is closing it
It also says it is creating an error log. We have basically put a user profile and reimaged the computer and still have this error that shuts down Outlook. 1. It appears that there must be something in the data of outlook since that is all that remains from the previous installation. We have removed all calendar items and still have problems. All that remains are email items. Virus signatures are current (today). Any ideas? 2. Where is this error log. What is it called. We have searched for it on the local hard disk and don't see anything that we can access. Has anyone had ...

Decimal places will not display
Hello: I have VB code in Access that uses SQL string to "lookup" rates in a table. The value that is returned in rs![Crew] is 12.33. I can see this when I put a break in the code. But the value in [Forms]![frmHourlyEntry]! [tblDatasubform]![Crew_Std] is 12 I need the 2 decimal places. I have set all the formats in the table and forms to standard with 2 decimals places but it doesn't work. Here is the code. I tried the format statement that is commented out but it gave me an object not found error. Your help and time is appreciated. Public Function Get...

Eudora 7 to Outlook 2007 conversion

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Money 2007 fails install on Vista RTM
Howdy! I would love some advice on this. On Friday I tried to reinstall Money 2007 on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails. Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the install, and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that this application has known issues. The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's but the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were upgrades. Any hope, any suggestions? I *need* to get this running as I am now daily dependant o...

volume will not span more than one disk
I have DPM running as a hyper-v guest. It is protecting other guests running on a hyper-v platform on another server. I have two VHD drives for storage. One has about 300 GB of space left, while the other is empty. When I try to increase the disk allocation on one of the protection groups VMs by 400 GB, it consistently fails. I can increase it in a smaller amount (100 GB, for instance) to fit on the first drive, but I'm eventually going to need to spill over onto the second drive. Am I missing a step or something? thank you, Nat Hi Nat! DMP should span the volumes cre...