Missinf file while WinUsb driver installation

I have create a inf file for WINUSB, create the cat file and try to install
winusb on my win7 64bit system. And only get an error message that a file is
missing.
If I check in device manager I can see winusb.sys, WDFCoInstaller and
WinUSBCoInstaller with the right version under "driver details".
Installation error is 00000002 System can not find a file.
How can I find out which file is missing ?
I took more or les themicrosoft example for the WINUSB inf file.

Hi,

> I have create a inf file for WINUSB, create the cat file and try to
> install
> winusb on my win7 64bit system. And only get an error message that a file
> is
> missing.
> If I check in device manager I can see winusb.sys, WDFCoInstaller and
> WinUSBCoInstaller with the right version under "driver details".
> Installation error is 00000002 System can not find a file.
> How can I find out which file is missing ?
> I took more or les themicrosoft example for the WINUSB inf file.

There is a bug in the 64 bit part of the Microsoft sample WinUSB inf file

The section header [SourceDisksFiles.NTamd64] should read
[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]

Regards, Matt

0
mpv
8/25/2010 4:16:15 PM
You can check the %windir%\inf\setupapi.dev.log file for more information
about where the failure occurred.

About the platform decoration, NTamd64 should be correct according to MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540206(v=VS.85).aspx

-Mike

"mpv" <nospam@forget.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have create a inf file for WINUSB, create the cat file and try to
>> install
>> winusb on my win7 64bit system. And only get an error message that a file
>> is
>> missing.
>> If I check in device manager I can see winusb.sys, WDFCoInstaller and
>> WinUSBCoInstaller with the right version under "driver details".
>> Installation error is 00000002 System can not find a file.
>> How can I find out which file is missing ?
>> I took more or les themicrosoft example for the WINUSB inf file.
>
> There is a bug in the 64 bit part of the Microsoft sample WinUSB inf file
>
> The section header [SourceDisksFiles.NTamd64] should read
> [SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
>
> Regards, Matt

0
Mike
8/26/2010 11:54:30 PM
Hi,

> About the platform decoration, NTamd64 should be correct according to
> MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540206(v=VS.85).aspx

I just downloaded a new version of WinUsb_HowTo.docx (from March 9, 2010)
and it has been corrected.

For some reason, the Manufacturer section has .NTamd64 as extension, but the
SourceDisksFiles section has just .amd64, which probably must match the
subdirectory name in SourceDisksNames.
This used to be .NTamd64 as well, and DPInst then could not find the correct
files, resulting in the Error 2 in the log.

I was bitten by this in 2008 (and reported it). Glad it has been fixed.
Maybe Peter is still using the old document.

Regards, Matt

0
mpv
8/27/2010 9:46:06 AM
Ah, I see here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547478(v=VS.85).aspx

"Be aware that, unlike other sections such as a DDInstall section, the
platform extensions for a SourceDisksNames section are not .ntx86, .ntia64,
or .ntamd64. For example, to specify a source disk names section for an
x86-based system, use a SourceDisksNames.x86 section, not a
SourceDisksNames.ntx86 section. Similarly, use a SourceDisksNames.ia64
section to specify an Itanium-based system and a SourceDisksNames.amd64
section to specify an x64-based system."

Apparently the platform decoration for SourceDiskNames/SourceDiskFiles is
not consistent, and so just .amd64 is correct there.

> Hi,
>

>> About the platform decoration, NTamd64 should be correct according to
>> MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540206(v=VS.85).aspx
>>

> I just downloaded a new version of WinUsb_HowTo.docx (from March 9, 2010)
> and it has been corrected.
>
> For some reason, the Manufacturer section has .NTamd64 as extension, but
> the SourceDisksFiles section has just .amd64, which probably must match
> the subdirectory name in SourceDisksNames.
> This used to be .NTamd64 as well, and DPInst then could not find the
> correct files, resulting in the Error 2 in the log.
>
> I was bitten by this in 2008 (and reported it). Glad it has been fixed.
> Maybe Peter is still using the old document.
>
> Regards, Matt

0
Mike

Direct Deposit
Payroll Direct Deposit - Voiding a DD should also remove the DD entry in the DD file and adjust the totals in the file. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ce4d...

Copy worksheets and save files dynamically
Hello I've been trying to write a macro to copy each worksheet within a workbook and then save each worksheet as it's own file. However I would like to do this dynamically (ideally to keep the macro short and easier to follow) so that the worksheet is selected based on a cell reference and the filename it is saved as is also based on a cell reference. I've searched the forum and tried to use some of the solutions, to similar queries, from there - which led me to try and use called subroutines. This seemed like a neater soloutin but I keep getting various error messa...

SA User New Install Security Issues
New install of GP by a vendor. They said it has to be installed using SA. Ok fine, but after that, I don't want my average accounting person having the SA password to create users. At this stage, they need to login to GP with SA to do their user creations, backup jobs etc... This is a security issue for obvious reason. We have other database instances running on this SQL, they all need to maintain security in each DB instance and GP seems to make it very hard for a power/gp admin user to do what they have to do, but also allow me to control access to the SQL dbs that also share ...

How to save a picturebox's image to a .PNG file? (VB6)
Hi all! I have a little program (written in VB6) that saves the image in a picturebox to a BMP file. The problem is that BMP files are several megabytes in size and do not support DPI (dots-per-inch) information for printing. I have turned to the PNG format which provides lossless compression (files are only few kilobytes) and includes DPI information. But how do I save the image in a picturebox to a PNG file? Thanks in advance! "Nando" <hightech@att.net.no.to.sp.am> wrote in message news:uflaC5aMLHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all! I have a lit...

retrieving file data
I had changed an excel sheet, saved, and closed the file. Is there a way to retrieve the version before "save" ? Thank you in advance, Alex Hi if you don't have a backup: No -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alex" <alexk@mailinator.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:27935898.0410111346.5247ddfd@posting.google.com... > I had changed an excel sheet, saved, and closed the file. > > Is there a way to retrieve the version before "save" ? > > Thank you in advance, > Alex ...

what is .clw file?(recreating file)(urgent)
i have downloded a demo project from website codeguru for glowing LEDs.A class called CLed has been used in the code.this class is derived from CStatic clas.I want to use this class in my project and create control variables based on this class.I have included the .h and .cpp files of this class in my project.But i guess they are not enough.Coz when i try to create a variable from this class it gives an error of undefined.I read the html image given along the code and found that,to include the CLed class in the class wizard(so that it comes in the options to create member varibles)i ne...

Captured Audio file in Producer; cannot replay in Microsoft Media
Made an audio only file in Windows Producer and the file is in the correct folder in My Audios Files. The file appears in Producer as a Windows Media File [.wma}, it has the WM icon and says it is filed appropriately. I saved the Project and gave the Project a different name. I went to Windows Media to open the file to play and Media cannot open the file because it doesn’t recognize the format. If Producer saved the file as a ..wma file why can’t Media open the file? When I tried to open the file in Media, it is not apparent in a My Audios folder when I pick a .wma file type to open; h...

Creation Time of files on an FTP server
Hello, i need to get the creation time of files on a FTP server. I wrote the following code: CTime Cr_Time; CFtpFileFind m_find(m_pFtpConnection); BOOL bf = m_find.FindFile( filename, INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD); //works BOOL bt = m_find.GetCreationTime(Cr_Time); // dos not work CTime Dat_server_datei stays "empty". I suppose GetCreationTime has to be linked to the server file, but i dont know how to do it. Thanks for any clue! Kai Sandner "Kai Sandner" <ks@polycolor.de> wrote in message news:90d2d290.0501291815.4500d1b5@posting.google.com... > Hello, >...

how do I save korean font in csv file?
I can read csv files that have been saved with korean characters. However, when I save as csv file it only stores a ? character rather than the two bytes required. Can save ok in std xl format OK... Not for sure what setting is wrong. Have microsoft xp professional and xl 2003 hi dave based on my knowledge n past experiences, you normally cannot save csv file without losing the characters... because the csv file does no permit any formatting... there's a way to do it though it might not work... the korea characters should not be "written" by uni code but some old ol progr...

How to use a shared printer (win xp 32bit) on windows 7 (64 bit) without 64bit driver?
Hi, I've connected my Epson EPL-5900L to my desktop-pc (Windows XP 32bit) and share it in the network. Now I want to use this shared printer on a Windows 7 (64bit) notebook but unfortunately there are no 64bit drivers for this printer (not for windows 7 and not for vista). Is there a way I can use this printer on the notebook? --> Maybe a "proxy-printer" on the XP-machine where exists 64bit driver f�r windows 7. Hopefully someone can help me. Markus Post here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads Or here: http://s...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

How do you create an "html" file?
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor If you know html you can enter the code directly into notepad. If not, there are numerous WYSIWYG programs out there to help you. Try searching for Coffee Cup software. "Woofy" wrote: > How do you create an "html" file? > We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display > monitor ...

Missing RTF File Attachment
Hi Guys Not sure where to post this one, so I've posted here and microsoft.public.exchange. Please don't flame me for cross-posting. One of my users is experiencing a strange email problem. We have Exchange 5.5 running on NT4. Mail client is Outlook 2000. When this user sends his customer an email with an RTF file attached, the recipient gets the message but the attachment is missing, with no indication of why e.g. no message from firewall, AV etc... However, if the user resends the same message by forwarding it to the same recipient from his Sent Items folder, then the recipient in...

Missinf file while WinUsb driver installation
I have create a inf file for WINUSB, create the cat file and try to install winusb on my win7 64bit system. And only get an error message that a file is missing. If I check in device manager I can see winusb.sys, WDFCoInstaller and WinUSBCoInstaller with the right version under "driver details". Installation error is 00000002 System can not find a file. How can I find out which file is missing ? I took more or les themicrosoft example for the WINUSB inf file. Hi, "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DC98C84-C520-4C9B-9A7...

File copy in Visual C++
Is there any easier way or library function that I could call to copy one (source)file to a (destination)file ? Any sample or example also be a great help. How about using the CopyFile[Ex]() API ? -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Jamil" <jamilur_rahman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8dfe22fd.0311141311.af8f637@posting.google.com... > Is there any easier way or library function that I could call to copy > one (source)file to a (destination)file ? Any sample or example also > be a great help. ...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Install failure
Anybody know what this means? "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.UpgradeCustomizationsAction failed. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." At this point my only options were to "Retry" or "Cancel". Retry didn't work and cancel stopped the install. Anyone seen this or know what to do with it? </APPLICATION_UPGRADE> 13:54:41| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.UpgradeCustomizationsAction failed. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft....

Initialization file for File Manager
Hey Friends I created a file manager application using CListCtrl. It has 4 columns, 1. File Name 2. Date 3. Description 4. File Path I want to save the new files added to the file manager by user. So that whenever user opens the app, user can see the files selected earlier. I think it can be done using a initialization or text file. Can anyone tell me, how to save and load into a file and then to update the CListCtrl? Thanks in advance Assume a text file. On close, save the list of files as lines in the text file On open, read the text file and add the file descriptions back in....

replace string file

Microsoft 2000 saving a file
I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either receive one of two messages. (1) Word cannot continue the save do to a file permission error or (2) file or directory cannot be created. I can save to the hard drive not to the traveldrive. HELP Sure doesn't sound like a Microsoft Access Database issue. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7576EA-1F48-45F7-BCF7-39F7BE5954FC@microsoft.com... > I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either > receive one of two messages. (1...

Converting a file
I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that publisher cannot open files from different version. Is there anything i can do? thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Walt <wmn1978@hotmail.com>... > I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version > of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that > publisher cannot open files from different version. Is > there anything i can do? The only thing you can do to help you open the file is ...

isv.config file
We have altered the isv.config file to show additional tabs and buttons in the CRM forms. These tabs and buttons show and work fine in the web client but are not available to the sales for outlook client. They do not show in Outlook. Should this customisation show in the sales for outlook client? Thanks, Brett if you look in your _resources directory under wwwroot on the crm web server you will see a file called OutlookClient_sample.xml you use this file for the outlook client config file. so you duplicate anything in isv.config to this file and call it i think OutlookClient.config -- ...

PDF file does not print and postscript file crops pages

Stuck on Install
I have installed CRM 4.0 on my server. I tried to install the Outlook Client for one of my users. Once I point it to my Intranet address, it brings up the Organization List and it is blank. When I hop on the Deployment Manager under organization tab under status is says pending. I really have no idea what step I am missing. Please give me some ideas. Thank You. Also when I type in the IP Address Http://server:5555 I get the error message No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain and user ID. you need to check if you have entered the valid license ..In deployment...