local kernel debugging problem

I am trying to locally debug my driver on vista SP2(32-bit).To enable
it,it(windbg) asks to execute:
bcdedit -debug on
and restart,but it appears to have no effect as even after executing(with
admin privileges) & restarting,it(windbg) still displays 'local kernel
debugging isn't enabled on this system'& instructs to execute
bcdedit -debug on
to enable it.

then how this configuration can actually be performed?

Local kernel debugging is almost worthless.  You cannot set breakpoints,
you cannot monitor debug output, so why bother?  You need to get a virtual
environment or a separate test machine.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

0
Don

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
Sorry, right, let me try an clear it up. Situation is: At the moment a user can click on a data validated cell and a dropdow list appears. There are three options, which all bring up a selectio of different cells. (Change event). The selections then contain mor data validated cells. This works fine in excel 2000+ but obviously, no 97. I need to find a way of making this possible. I have tried debr dalgleish's example, but can't get the cells to work. Hope thats helps Andre -- ajw15 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajw150's Profile: http...

Predefined Conditional Compile DEBUG Flag?
Is there any predefined flag that can be used for conditional compilation that indicates that the current file is being built in debug mode? On May 28, 12:53 pm, PeteOlcott <PeteOlc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any predefined flag that can be used for conditional > compilation that indicates that the current file is being built in > debug mode? _DEBUG -- Ajay ...

TreeView Problem
Hi, I hope everyone is doing great programming. I am a new to this group, and i am facing problem with loading treeview from XML file, using C++.NET. Please if some one could help me in this, by sending code snippet or whatever. I would be highly obliged, because i have to submit this programming task on Monday. so, instant response would be highly appreciated. Best Regards See response in dotnet.general Tom Dacon Dacon Software Consulting "Amigo" <mustansar.ali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163794662.940283.308960@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > ...

Toolbar Paint Problem
Hello All: I have an MFC application that has a toolbar and the rightmost column of pixels does not draw. I don't know why this is and this toolbar is not owner draw. The buttons are 16 pixels wide and 15 pixels high. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, Dan the rightmost column of the toolbar, or of each button?? i have seen problems with redrawing the space between and around buttons, but not of the button itself. "Uranium-235" <Uranium235@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D3EDF5B-0FD4-48B3-96EF-9177E824F2AA@microsoft.com... > Hell...

Outlook problem #43
Hi When i try to synchronize my emails i receive error message saying something about "File saving was damaged use ScanDisk to repair this file" After this comes account and server name. ?? any suggestions ?? Scandisk or scanpst? If scanpst.exe, then what happened when you ran it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Marcin Gajek asked this group: | Hi | When i tr...

Localization dll
Hi, I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different countries. I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the localized version. It uses the standard language. Does anybody has a sloution? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:44:00 -0700, martin <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different >countries. >I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the >localized version. It uses the standard language. > >Does a...

Debug vs Release Problem
I have flollowing statement to load an icon resource in my dialog. HICON hItab1 = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_TAB1); The problem is that the statement executes successfully in debug mode and the icon is diaplayed properly. But in release mode the statement fails hence no icon is displayed on control. What might be going wrong?? Tariq >I have flollowing statement to load an icon resource in my dialog. > >HICON hItab1 = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_TAB1); > >The problem is that the statement executes successfully in debug mode and >the icon is diaplayed properly. But ...

copy and paste problem
Hi there I am trying to serialise an object to the clipboard using RegisterClipboardFormat This works perfectly while my program is running but if I close the program and re-open it, it appears the clipboard still has the data but when I paste the data is somehow corrupted and the program dies. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on Any help will be much appreciated as always Phil You might want to ensure that you are not storing pointer address locations within your object (such as LPCTSTR etc). These locations would be valid as long as your application is alive, but would ex...

Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses.
Hi, Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses. We meet such problem,but don't know how to resolve it. The below is the detail: We have a local mail system based on iMail system;On another side,the mail system is based on Exchange system.On this Exchange system,there're several DLs,which include some our local email addresses. While we send mails to these DLs,we often got such returned mails: The returned mails' content is: From: postmaster@us.com [mailto:postmaster@us.com] Sent: 2006.4.11. 12:08 To: xxx@xx.local.com Subject: D...

Localizing ddv error messages
Hi, I've been given an application to maintain which links statically to the MFC library. In all the dialogs of the application, if invalid data is entered, the ddv routines generate error messages in French, even though the language propert of all the dialogs is English (U.S.) and my project options include "/l 0x407". If I link dynamically to the MFC library, all error messages are generated in English. Is there a way I can link statically AND have English error messages? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda "Linda Marcellus" <linda.marcellus@novate...

Date Formatting Problem #6
How can I convert the following date format into something useable that excel can recognize as a vaild date? Here is the date format I have to work with: Jan-01-05 Jan-02-05 , etc.... Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! -- Jocko69 Hi One way Mark your range of data. Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next>Click Radio button for choose one of the date formats to suit. -- Regards Roger Govier "Jocko69" <Jocko69.1y2s0y@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:Jocko69.1y2s0y@news.excelbanter.com... > > How can I convert the following date f...

Toolbar problem
Can somebody please help me before I really hurt my head ageist a wall. I have an Excel worksheet that contains a toolbar that I have created. When I change or add anything to this toolbar and open the worksheet on another PC in the office (from a shared drive) none of the changes or additions to my toolbar are shown. I have tried attaching and de-ataching the toolbar through right clicking the toolbar and selecting customize. In fact here is the process that I perform Right click on the toolbar and delete my toolbar from the workbook Amend the toolbar Right click on the toolbar and ad...

Query Problem
I have 3 tables, 06-07 projects, 07-09 projects, project construction. All three I set School District Name as the primary key. When I go to relationships, I pop up the three tables and hook them up with School District Name, no problem. When I build a query with two or three of the tables, no matter what I do it acts like I don't have good relationships set because I get 10,000 - 100,000 records which is 9500 - 95,500 more than I need the query to produce and there will be 30-50 copies of the same record of each all the way through. It acts like my relationship is not ok but I am ...

Problem with CSocket
Hi all. I wrote an MFC application to make an HTTP file transfer between a client and a server. The application receives as input the list of servers to call (in this case, servers are remote devices with an embedded web server), and one by one it sends the file and closes the connection. The sequence of the operations made is this: 1) Dial-up call to device X 2) Open socket on port 80 3) HTTP POST of the file to the device 4) Wait for the response, and analysis to understand if the transfer has gone well or not 5) Open a new socket (after the response, the old socket is closed) 6) HTTP ...

Copying worksheet problem #3
Hi, I have been given two workbooks to merge each with about 10 worksheets containing about 5 graphs each. When I try to move a worksheet from one workbook into the other I get this error message: No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook. Does anyone out there have any ideas what to do? I have tried going to format and styles but can't seem to get past it. When I receive the message I can then only close it by going to task manager and ending the programme that way. Hope someone out there can help me. Thanks. ...

Urgent
I've created functions in .Net to add/update/delete Accounts, Contacts, Notes and, from time to time when I'm debugging in .Net and goes over a line of code like: bizUser = New Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser the debugger halts and I get the error: There is no source code available for the current location (sorry if the message is not exact, I had to translate it from French which is: Il n'y a pas de code source disponible pour l'emplacement en cours. And i can't go any further with debugging. I have a Windows server 2003 Standard edition as domain controller r...

Problems with Public Folder
Hi, We're using Outlook 2000 and Exch 2003; I've set up a public folder for an internally developed application to post emails to, the idea being that when the app sends an email to a client it BCC's it to this public folder's SMTP address for future reference. However, the messages are coming in to the folder in Note format, so you can't see the original recipient of the email. Yet if you use Outlook and send to the folder it appears in normal Message format. Is there any reason for this and is there any way we can set SMTP emails to come through in Message? Th...

Outlook scroll problem
Outlook XP used to be able to scroll the folders list window but now only the mail in the folder will scroll. Is there a setting or fix for this? ...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

Error when debugging stored procedure
Hello, I've created an ASP.NET website and I'm trying to debug the stored procedure from VS 2008 as described here: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5161626.html. I used to do this in the past without any problems, but now, when I set a breakpoint in the stored procedure, I get an error: "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document". This is a pretty common error and could have many causes, but I'd never seen it when debugging the stored procedure. Now I'm getting this message in the stor...

Excel 2002 Problem
all Hi I am working on excel to get an ouput like this Cloumn A Column B Green 1 Green 2 Blue 1 Blue 2 Green 3 Red 1 Like this whenever i enter a new name in column A it has to tell th whether the nameis appearing for the first time / 2nd / 3rd etc., can u pl solve this proble -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post >-----Original Message----- >all Hi I am working on exc...

How can I prevent OE closing Local Folders?
After 5-6 years, I am just returning to use OE 6. I have an extensive tree structure in my Local Folders with many sub folders that I wish to keep open even when I exit the program. With Courier, which I have used all this time, that is "normal behavior": any Folder that has not been closed by myself will continue to be open when I next start up the prog. OE6 at present, however, closes _everything_ when closing the prog. Is there any way in which I can prevent this - and being spared the rather frustrating and time consuming job of re-opening all needed folders...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

some problems with RMS 2.0
Recently I have faced the following problems using Microsoft RMS 2.0 with Windows Vista. 1)when printer was connected with the cash drawer, after printing 5 or 6 receipts, POS stops responding. POS then doesn't close and everything is stuck. 2) Sometimes the cash drawer opens, but the receipt doesn't print. The computer searches for a while and then at the end it displays an error message. 3) Sometimes when administrator is opened, manager and POS doesn't open. Any ideas what might be going wrong? Thanks ...

XP Problem
I am having problems with running a toolbar in XP. The same toolbar works fine on 97 and 2000 but the following happens in XP. The toolbar was loaded from an XLA file in the XLStart dir and is called AIPLSS.XLA. I have NOT put this XLA file into any of the XLStart directories other than the ones under C:\Program Files\......\Office*\XLSTART. (It was never put in C:\Docum...Settings\...\Excel\XLSTART) The first time I use one of the menu items on the toolbar, it works. If I then exit from Excel and reload, then go to use the same function again, it says the standard message abo...