How to install UMDF-based class filter driver?

Hi,

I used to have a WDM-based class filter driver and a setup application which
calls the "SETUPAPI.DLL InstallHinfSection" with the INF DDInstall section
passed into the function.

Now I am trying to port the driver to UMDF-based version. I modified the INF
as per WDK required, but I got an installation problem - the UMDF
co-installer "WUDFUpdate_01009.dll" can't be triggered by using the setup
application.

However, installation via Device Manager with the INF is OK.

How should I solve such problem? Appreciate your replies.

what class are you adding a UMDF class filter driver for? I don't know if
this scenario has ever been tested

"Leafbanana"  wrote in message

Hi,

I used to have a WDM-based class filter driver and a setup application which
calls the "SETUPAPI.DLL InstallHinfSection" with the INF DDInstall section
passed into the function.

Now I am trying to port the driver to UMDF-based version. I modified the INF
as per WDK required, but I got an installation problem - the UMDF
co-installer "WUDFUpdate_01009.dll" can't be triggered by using the setup
application.

However, installation via Device Manager with the INF is OK.

How should I solve such problem? Appreciate your replies.

0
Doron
6/1/2010 4:45:52 PM
The Image class. The driver is for providing extra features for USB webcams.

Leafbanana <Leafbanana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The Image class. The driver is for providing extra features for USB webcams.

That's doomed to fail.  You need to intercept kernel streaming ioctls for
that.  In most cases, you don't want the overhead of UMDF involved.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

You are right, the driver is for intercepting kernel streaming ioctls. Could
you please explain more? Why I don't want UMDF? Any problem with it?
Thanks.

"Tim Roberts" wrote:

> Leafbanana <Leafbanana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Image class. The driver is for providing extra features for USB webcams.
>
> That's doomed to fail.  You need to intercept kernel streaming ioctls for
> that.  In most cases, you don't want the overhead of UMDF involved.
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> .

UMDF does not handle method neither IO nor was it ever tested in this
scenario

"Tim Roberts" wrote:

> Leafbanana <Leafbanana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >The Image class. The driver is for providing extra features for USB
> >webcams.
>
> That's doomed to fail.  You need to intercept kernel streaming ioctls for
> that.  In most cases, you don't want the overhead of UMDF involved.
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
> .

0
Doron

RE-Installing

no se como hacer la base de datos de esta tarea
no se como hacer la base de datos para esto: Copiar en la parte inferior solo los registros de las Obreras nacidas en el año 87 que vivan en Surco o Miraflores ...

Recipient Filter Not Working
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Std. I have checked the box for "Filter recipients who are not in directory" under Message Deliver and I have checked the "Appy Recipient Filter" box uderthe Default SMTP Virtual Server / Advanced settings. However, I'm still generating NDR's for addresses not in our AD. I had the server tested to make sure I'm not an open relay. It is my understanding that Exchange will drop the connection once it relizes the e-mail recipient is not correct. What am I missing, or should I be calling Microsoft for help? Did you restart ...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1
Col B Col C Col F Mary Team 1 $331.00 George Team 1 $222.00 Sam Team 2 $186.00 Tom Team 2 $100.00 Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a summary of what each team raised. I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get just a dash in my total col. Can anyone provide some help? Thanks Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Nee...

Value Pak Installer

Does anyone know how to tweak Custom Auto Filter box?
Hi, I searched for this but could not find a way to solve this. I use the AutoFilter a lot, when the Custom AutoFilter is started it always starts with the option "equals" in the drop down menu but I want the Custom Auto Filter dialog box to start with the option "contains" . This will save a lot of time for me. Excel gurus pls help. Thanks, root And if MS made those dropdown boxes just a bit bigger, you wouldn't have to scroll down to get to Contains, either! (My personal irritant!) I don't think you can change this behavior, but you can cheat a little. If...

Installation #4

Sent Items there, but not there, no apparent Filter
Am I missing something? Outlook 2000. In Tools- >Options... the box is checked to Save Mail Messages in Sent Items Folder, and in the Options of a new mail message, it says to Save it in the Sent Items Folder. Yet, after the message is sent, we don't see it. We do see emails up to about a week ago, nothing since then. Yet if we do an Advanced Find, we find the messages, and it says they are in the Sent Items folder. There is only one Personal Folders, no Mailbox. Upon opening the Sent Items, we sort by Date and Subject, but still can't see them. We go to View->Current Vi...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

serialization of template class problem
Hi there, I recently wrote a simple template class named "matrix". This matrix can hold double, int data types via template <class TT> matrix<TT> :: matrix(int d1, int d2); The problem comes when I try to implement serilization as follows: template <class TT> IMPLEMENT_SERIAL(matrix<TT>, CObject, 1); error C2955: 'matrix' : use of class template requires template argument list c:\program files\vulcan\ta_matrix.h(26) : see declaration of 'matrix' Could anybody help me? Thanks. SimonYu wrote: > Hi there, > > I recently wr...

CRM SBS install error

how dose filter works to last cell in the column
some time fillter do not show existing cells A filter only calculates to the next empty Cell. So if there is an empty cell in the column it will not go to last cell. Hope this helps. "Khalid" wrote: > some time fillter do not show existing cells I never let excel guess at the range to filter. I always select the range I want, then apply the filter. Maybe you could try removing the filter, reselecting the range, reapplying the filter and then filter once more. If that doesn't help, you'll have to add more details -- what you're filtering text...

filter wild card
i have a form whose records can be filtered based on the value of a combo box (on that form) (cboSourceFilter) the combo box gets it's values from a user entered table my problem is: i can filter "down" toa specific criteria, but can't seem to find a way of adding a wildcard to the list to return to displaying all of the records i could use an option button to see the list filtered or not; but would rather use a " * " at the top of the list Private Sub cboSourceFilter_Change() On Error GoTo Err_cboSourceFilter_Change Me.Filter = "[Source] = '" ...

Today(S) function in DASL Filter
I am trying to figure out how to use the "undocumented" Today(S) function. Basically I have about 10 search folders that make use of most of these: %yesterday %today %tomorrow %last7days %next7days %lastweek %thisweek %nextweek %lastmonth %thismonth %nextmonth So I am also hoping that these functions also allow for passing of a (S) seconds parameter. The reason I am hoping to do this is to pre-adjust my UTC DateTime field "MileStone1UTC" so that it will be normalized into local date/time. e.g. "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{00...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

Allow Auto Filter in Protected Sheet
Hi all I'm having a protected sheet and a protected range of cells, I checked "Allow Auto-Filter", but the Auto Filter button is disabled, How can I protect cells of changing it's value but still be able to use auto filter on the protected cells ?. Any help will be greatly appreciated Simon That setting will allow users to apply filters to a table where the AutoFilter is already turned on. However, they won't be able to create a new AutoFilter on the sheet. Simon wrote: > I'm having a protected sheet and a protected range of cells, I checked > "All...