GPIO read/write on intel using DDK example : Genport

Hi All,

I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w.
and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK.

Do you know if this would work to set and clear GPIO.

How do I get the Address of the Port i want to set. (gpdwrite .   ...)
is it set in  the .inf

Thanks

regards

Norrih

On Feb 16, 12:41=A0am, Norrih <Nor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w.
> and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK.
>
> Do you know if this would work to set and clear GPIO.
>
> How do I get the Address of the Port i want to set. (gpdwrite . =A0 ...)
> is it set in =A0the .inf
>
> Thanks
>
> regards
>
> Norrih

Genport provides only interface to access GPIO. Using gpdwrite/gpdread
you could specify an offset from a Base address and access to
particular IO port. The Base address is specified in *.inf file. You
could check Base Addresses in PortIOEvtDevicePrepareHardware of
device.c  .

Igor Sharovar
0
eagersh
2/16/2010 5:10:57 PM
Norrih <Norrih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w.
>and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK.

Do you mean US15w, the Atom chipset that used to be called "Poulsbo"?

>Do you know if this would work to set and clear GPIO.

This depends on the design of your motherboard and your BIOS.  It's
entirely possible that your BIOS configures the LPC with the GPIOs
disabled.

>How do I get the Address of the Port i want to set. (gpdwrite .   ...)
>is it set in  the .inf

It's complicated.  Are you looking at the US15w datasheet?  You have to
find the I/O port base for the LPC (by getting the I/O BAR for device 31
function 0), then fetch the base address of the GPIO registers within the
I/O space, then go tweak the register itself.

There are better ways to get I/O pins.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Davide <Davide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>But now I've become curious, which is the best way to access the GPIO ?

With a USB device or a parallel port adapter, where you are in complete
control of your destiny.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
0
Tim
3/19/2010 2:48:41 AM
"Davide" <Davide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.
> But now I've become curious, which is the best way to access the GPIO ?

Since this is an Intel platform, the best way is to consult with their
support or partner (system builder).

--pa

0
Pavel
3/19/2010 2:50:50 PM
"Davide" <Davide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.
> But now I've become curious, which is the best way to access the GPIO ?

Since this is an Intel platform, the best way is to consult with their
support or partner (system builder).

--pa

0
Pavel

Bug in Xsl Transformation (unable to return nodelist using choose/where/otherwise in variable)
Hello! I've come across a strange error that occurs, when you try to return a nodelist from a variable with a choose/where/otherwise statement. I'm not quite sure whether it's a bug or simply lack of W3C support. All I know is, that this Xsl document works with the current implementation of MSXML V4.0 SP2 if transformed using e.g. VB6. I'm told by the compiler at runtime, that "the expression should evaluate to a nodeset" (the choose/where/otherwise part). What this Xsl document basically does is to look for the parameter "ImageID". If the ImageID is empt...

How to host email using Exchange 2003
We need to set up email using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003, and considering the following situation, it looks like we should attempt to host our own email for sending and receiving. We currently have no email implemented so interruption is not going to be an issue and our maximum number of email accounts is 15-20. All (15) client workstations are using Windows 2000 or XP Professional with Outlook 2003 and we want to use Outlook as the email reader/client. The network uses static IP addresses. Our ISP/Domain Name situation is as follows: Our ISP is a cable company and we have (5) static IPs avai...

How do I set up a double chart using two sets of information?
I'm trying to compare figures between monthly and weekly figures and wanted to set up a double chart using the same legend and heading.......I've seen bar charts and also background and foreground charts done this way and wanted to do the same if possible in Excel........ ...

Read-Only check box
Hello, All! How to create the CFileDialog with the Read-Only check have been set? WMP is now playing: Scorpions - Restless Nights ....Don't give in without a fight... With best regards, William Mahoney. Try CFileDialog dlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, 0); dlg.DoModal(); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "William Mahoney" <wilmahoney@mail333.com> wrote in message news:%23QXtw1ykDHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, All! > > How to create the CFileDialog with the Read-Only check have been set? > &...

paste text into a used cell
I need to move text from one row to a single cell that has been formatted to wrap text and repeat the process for other rows. Paste is not working. Please advise. When you copy and paste, you paste the format as well as the contents If you want to copy text to a cell that is formatted differently instead of paste, slelct paste special, values -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26962 ...

Using subform's recordset in DMax call?
Hi All, I have a subform (continuous forms) with a number of records in it. Each record includes a "SortOrder" field used, as you might guess, to sort the records. When a new record is added, I want to assign (Maximum Current SortOrder + 1) to the SortOrder of the new record. I added AfterInsert event code, thinking I'd do a DMax call on the form's recordset to get the current Max value, but I'm not specifying the recordset in the call correctly. I have: DMax("[SortOrder]", "Forms!frmMain!fsub_Subform.Form.Recordset") (Note that &qu...

Read Only
Whenever I save an attachment It automatically gets a read-only attribute. This doesn't seem to be the case on other users PC's. Is there a setting to eliminate this? Dale ...

How to use custom field in email view
Hi all, Using Outlook 2003 in English I've added a some custom text fields (eg. "Request ID") to the current view (inbox folder). I was hoping to be able to type a value into this new text field for each email in the inbox, so I could easily sort and reference the messages. I see the empty column in the view on screen, but how can I enter a value in that column? Double-click opens the message and it's not in the message properties or options... Any ideas? Thank you in advance, James YOu can do that if you set the view for in-cell editing. It's on the = Other S...

Excel Security when using external data
I would think the answer is here somewhere but I'm not finding it, so here goes. In Access when a table is linked in and the password is saved it's fairly easy to read the password by opening the MsysObjects table. Does Excel have a similar vulnerability when an external data source is setup? We use a universal login and password and then use another application to prevent people from opening things they shouldn't. If Excel has a similar vulnerability, is there a work-around? So far in my exploring settings, opening the xls file in Notepad, etc I'm not finding the DSN...

How To Underline a Character Using Dots?

how to use xmlresolver for doing xml transforms
I'm trying ti use the example in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330587#appliesto but doe s not work. I keep getting the error Public WriteOnly Property XmlResolver() as...is obsolete: Pass XmlResolver as Transfer() method. does anyone know of a good example to do this? Tx! You don't have to use an XmlResolver. Simply pass null (or nothing in vb) and you will no longer get the warning. Is just a temporary fix as I don't any source code to hand. Take care, Peter "rocio" <rocio.katsanis@softwareservices.net> wrote in message news:%239H8...

GPIO Interrupts during idle
I have been struggling for a while now trying to solve a problem with wakeup for the OMAP35x during idle mode. I see that an IRQ is generated from GPIO_4 (my troublesome gpio line on GPIObank1) during normal operation. However, when in idle mode GPIO_4 will not generate a wake event. To try and debug the issue, in OEMIdle before the call to fnOALCPUIdle(), I placed some debug to ensure my wakeup/IRQ settings are running. Before fnOALCPUIdle is called in OEMIdle, I print the following registers: ICL_MIR 1:0 : FFFFFF9D:DDFFE7FF (this shows that gpio banks 1 and 5 (irq...

XmlSchema.Read -> nothing happens
Hi, I'm trying to load a schema into an XmlSchema object with the Read and Compile methods. I use Read with a ValidationEventHandler. No errors occurs but when I look at the XmlSchema properties it contains NOTHING. The schema file is correct because I can use it to validate xmldocuments with the XMLValidatingReader. What am I doing wrong here? Code: Dim xs As New Xml.Schema.XmlSchema() Dim fs = New IO.FileStream("test.xsd", IO.FileMode.Open) xs.Read(fs, New Xml.Schema.ValidationEventHandler(AddressOf ValidationCallback)) xs.Compile(AddressOf ValidationCallback) Thanks in a...

URGENT PLEASE READ
My microsoft publisher 2002 app on windows vista is not allowing me to open and view a .pub file on any computer. It just tells me to run in safe mode. when I try that it doesnt work, and then tells me I should run Detect and Repair mode. When I run it, all it does is say "Configuring office xp small business" it does some installations, tells me it's complete, and my computer goes about its normal business. I have a project thats due tomorrow, its huge, and it needs to be printed. Could anyone please help??? Ryan thanks Cheesegrater wrote: > My micr...

SQL Solution Needed
Below are 2 tables/queries: one is the source the other is the desired result. I scoured the newsgroups and my access books - seems like queries with subqueries and/or a possible a crosstab query on is in order. I'm stuck on how to get started though. Any help would be great. SOURCE TABLE OR QUERY ToolID CompanyName TicketDate DeliveryTicket RecievingTicket 1 Company 1 3/2/2009 No Yes 1 Company 2 3/3/2009 Yes No 1 Company 2 7/21/2009 No Yes 1 Company 2 7/28/2009 Yes No 1 Company 2 8/4/2009 No Yes 1 Company 3 9/1/2009 Yes No 2 Com...

Deadlock using CoCreateInstance and AfxLoadLibrary
Hello, I have a simple test app that starts 5-10 threads and each thread executes the below function. I consistently see deadlocks when one thread is calling CoCreate call while another thread calls AfxLoadLibrary: void CTest_app_tx4ole::OnAction2() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) CLSID clsId; CLSIDFromProgID((CComBSTR)"anyprogid", &clsId); CString sThread; sThread.Format("%d", GetCurrentThreadId()); for(int i(0); i<10000; ++i) { OutputDebugString((CString)"0 " + sThread + "\n"); HMODULE hLib = AfxLoadLibrary("c:\...

XP Look and Feel in Windows 2000 using ComCtrl32.dll
Hai I Want to have a XP Look and feel under windows2000 using VC++ and ComCtrl32.dll and does any one have any idea please help me as basically iam looking to develop a Skin Waiting for your reply suresh You will have to draw many of your own components. You could purchase a library like the one from www.codejock.com or www.dundas.com or or www.bcgsoft.com use something like this: These are for Office XP, but you'll get the idea. It's a ton of work: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/officexp.asp Tom "suresh" <s...

Saving graph when using =(RAND) #2
Aha, the goal of this is to see on the same chart, all of the different iterations from pressing F9. Ultimately, I'd like to see something like 500 different lines on the same chart. Is there a less manual way to accomplish this? :) -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271282 ...

How to use TRACE in my app?
I want to use TRACE macro in a w32 application but got "error C2065: 'TRACE' : undeclared identifier" error. Which file should I include? I can't find it in MSDN. Thanks L TRACE is a MFC macro defined as ::AfxTrace() in afx.h. If you want to use trace in a Win32 application, then take a look at the OutputDebugString() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Leo" <leovannys@msn.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:OqzXrMsvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to use TRACE macro in a w32 application but got ...

Using CImage
Hi, I Made a file containing multiple graphic files by reading .jpg files and writing it to 1 file. Now I want to load the graphics in CImage structures. CImage.Load can only take filenames an IStream*, but since I put all the images in 1 big file i can't use the first. I can't find a way to load them from an IStream. Can someone help me with that? What i Have is: //////// HGLOBAL hGlobal = GlobalAlloc(GMEM_FIXED, len); //len = the length of the jpg IStream* stream; CreateStreamOnHGlobal(hGlobal, true, &stream); file.Read(stream, len); //file is a CFile object pointing to the big...

Task assignment should be able to be used through Outlook
o When a task is assigned there is no ability to accept or decline the task. This functionality is available within Outlook but not in CRM. o At the moment If the outlook functionality is used then CRM and outlook become out of sync and CRM is not able to track the task and its progress. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based...

hiding read messages in newsgtoups?
Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? Bob Using WLMail to read newsgroups, yes. On the Menu Bar: View | Show Or Hide........ Are you missing the Menu Bar? Click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bolb Fay" <rgfay@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eIMvtEipKHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? > > Bob Thanks Bruce. I could not see the bar. ...

can't read attachments #2
I can't read email attchments in Outlook Express 6.0. message: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail I tried the regedit as per the microsoft website but it didn't seem to fix the problem. I appreciate any help that can be offered. regards, Michael Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different p...

use of integer in .FormulaR1C1
hello, I used integer A and B in formula such as ..FormulaR1C1 = "=R[" & -A & "]C*R[" & -B & "]C" and it works fine How can I use the same principle for the following: ..FormulaR1C1 = "=INDEX(RangeX,[" & A &"],MATCH(YearEnd,Years,0))" [" & A &"] does not seem to be recognised PS: it is important that I use .FormulaR1C1 as my user needs to see the formula used. Thanks a lot. -- caroline you are combining a string and a number which is giving you the issue try .FormulaR1C1 = "...

GPIO read/write on intel using DDK example : Genport
Hi All, I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w. and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK. Do you know if this would work to set and clear GPIO. How do I get the Address of the Port i want to set. (gpdwrite . ...) is it set in the .inf Thanks regards Norrih On Feb 16, 12:41=A0am, Norrih <Nor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w. > and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK. > > Do you...