filter driver & embedded signature in vista-64

Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver?  If so,
does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file?

Thanks
dmm

If the driver is installed using an INF file, then a signed security catalog
file is required.

Legacy (non-PnP) drivers that do not use an INF file are signed by signing
the driver binary.

IIRC boot-loaded drivers must have the driver binary signed - possibly in
addition to having a signed security catalog file.

Good luck,

Thomas F. Divine

"dmm" <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver?  If so,
> does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file?
>
> Thanks
> dmm

0
Thomas
12/10/2009 5:36:48 PM
Thomas has it correct everything that is PnP must have a cat file.  In
addition boot and legacy drivers must have the binary signed.   Remember the
cat file covers the signature of the driver and the INF file.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting

"Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote in message
> If the driver is installed using an INF file, then a signed security
> catalog file is required.
>
> Legacy (non-PnP) drivers that do not use an INF file are signed by signing
> the driver binary.
>
> IIRC boot-loaded drivers must have the driver binary signed - possibly in
> addition to having a signed security catalog file.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Thomas F. Divine
>
> "dmm" <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver?  If
>> so,
>> does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file?
>>
>> Thanks
>> dmm

> signature database 4676 (20091210) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4676 (20091210) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Don
12/10/2009 5:49:38 PM
dmm <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver?

Absolutely.  You can sign a .SYS file or a .CAT file.

>If so, does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file?

It depends on how you install it.  If you're installing this with an INF
file, then you need a CAT file.  If you're installing by manipulating the
registry and going through Service Manager, then you don't need a CAT.
--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Asserts in Vista
I've alredy know, that ASSERT macro in drivers doesn't cause BSOD in vista and further. But in user-mode applications assert is also doesn't cause the debug prompt dialog "Break, Retry, Ignore". For the drivers, I can use NT_ASSERT, but what can I do in user mode? How can I make it stop on assertion and wait until I connect debugger? ...

Why can't I print embedded objects?
I have an HP IQ770 Touch Screen with Vista Home Premium, my printer is an HP Deskjet 1280. I am using Publisher 2007 and everything prints perfectly except any embedded objects such as clip art or tick boxes. My much older machine at work performs these functions perfectly with XP. Pease help, this is driving me to distraction. David Do you have the latest driver for your printer? The driver on the HP web site is time dated July 2007, may be newer than what you have installed. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=439174&...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Items on Signature reciept
Hello, I am actually trying to find out how to get the itemized list on the signature reciept as well as the customers reciept. Right now i have to print an extra copy and staple it to the signed reciept. If there is a way to make it all print out the items the custmer bought on the reciept that they are signing. Also, at the end of the day when i settle my edc batch i would like to print out a report on the epson reciept printer instead of on a regular sized paper. Is there another way to settle the edc batch without going to the manager because i do not want any of my employees h...

WMC, Vista, Ripped DVDs not playing
Vista home premium, Media Center... I have a few dozen DVDs that I have ripped to an external hard drive... but Media Center errors out when I try to play them... but does indeed play ripped DVDs if they are located on the primary hard drive... .... obviously have done the regedit hack to "ShowGallery" to Gallery, etc... and all DVDs are ripped region free... Is this a bug in Media Center not able to play DVD media on external drives (i have several AVIs on external drive which Media Center does indeed play)? Or is there another tweak that can be done? Thanks, ...

about 64-bits encryption and 128-bits encryption
How do I encrypt the gived string using 64-bits or 128-bits on PC platform? How do I decrypt them after encrypt? Thanks. Regards, Miken _____________________________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://www.zirong.net Miken's private life,and digital diaries >How do I encrypt the gived string using 64-bits or 128-bits on PC platform? >How do I decrypt them after encrypt? Mike, Have a look at the CryptoAPI facilities. Functions such as CryptEncrypt & CryptDecrypt. If yo...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

GP 10.0 64 bit
We currently run GP 9 with our data in a SQL 2000 server (Win 2003 R2 OS) Our VAR has set up an installation of SQL 2005 64-bit, transferred our company data and installed GP 10 (Win 2003 R2 64 bit OS). The SQL server seems to run fine. I have run several test scripts. No problems. The GP 10 install has some issues. I am receiving errors such as "Sales Module not installed". Our VAR is saying there are issues with the 64 bit install and we will have to go to 32bit. I am wondering: 1. Is there a KB article out there on this? (I have searched). 2. Has anyone else had positi...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

billionton bluetooth adptar driver problem
:huh: hi looking for billionton bluetooth usb adptar 100mt class1 driver for vista 32b. please some body help me for that ..............[image: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/../ubb/eek.gif] thanks -- nelbulani ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Vista Media Center Error
Well a while ago, I tried some codec or something that skipped commercials on recorded programs, it didn't work well so i removed it, this is when my problems started. Ever scene WMC has been crashing, sometimes it crashes if I am watching TV and press the Forward Skip button when it is not behind / at the current tv display if you know what i mean, normally it would ding with the error sound because it can't go anymore forward, but sometimes it will jsut crash. It also crashes when i try and delete recorded TV, but sometimes if i watch any recorded show and stop it, then it ...

Handheld signature capture
looking to buy one for my RMS 1.3 verison, for mercury , which is the best one and where to buy one thanks I have a handheld products hhp-tt1500kit-rs232 I bought in Canada for $354 and couldn't use since Canadian banks don't support it at all. I had done good research on its compatibility etc before hand. Kindly make a reasonable offer! Link to the product is http://www.handheld.com/Site.aspx/na/en/services_support/technical_support/retired_products/retired/?product=5 "iraj" wrote: > looking to buy one for my RMS 1.3 verison, for mercury , which is the bes...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Why does a default signature not get attached?
In Outlook 2003 I have selected a signature to be used for new mail with a particular pop3 account. The signature does not appear in the mails I am sending but will paste in the email before sending if I manually select the signature. How can I fix this? Beemer Is that account your default account? If not, Outlook can only switch signatures when you change accounts if (a) you have a signature set for the default account and (b) you're using WordMail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Devel...

Outlook 2003 Signature #2
I have setup multiple email accounts in Outlook. I have also assigned a signature to a non-default email account. If I set it for reply it works fine. However, I cannot get the signature to add to a new email message. It works for the default account, but not when I change the account to something other than the default. I think this used to work, but not now. Anyone with any ideas please reply by email. Thanks YOu need to turn on WordMail as your email editor. Tools | Options | Mail Format -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...