Error Code 52 On Signed 64-Bit Kernel Driver - More Signing Needed

In expanding our drivers to support Windows Seven 64-bit, we've run into a
snag, with error code 52. We're currently using a minimal .INF to try to get
one card working in just this environment, and once it works we'll expand it
for the other 100+ products and combine it with our 32-bit .INF.

We have a certificate based on the VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA.
We build the .SYS, sign the .SYS, make a .CAT with INF2CAT, then sign the
..CAT. Previous (failed) driver versions are removed by uninstalling via
Device Manager, and checking the checkbox to delete driver files. Driver
installation starts out well, asks if we want to trust ourselves, and does
not show the red dialog, but ends with a Code 52 failure message, saying
something unspecific in the driver package isn't signed properly and warning
that this may be the result of an attack.

Installing the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities
store doesn't appear to change anything, so we don't think it's a problem
with the certificate itself. Performing the build/sign/INF2CAT/sign steps
from Windows Seven 64-bit doesn't appear to change anything, so we don't
think it's a format problem. Our leading hypothesis is that there's an
additional signing step needed; does Code 52 correspond to a more specific
failure of signing than its message indicates? Is there a step noticeably
missing?

> In expanding our drivers to support Windows Seven 64-bit, we've run =
into a=20
> snag, with error code 52.

What will setupapi.dev.log say?

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
3/20/2010 11:23:25 AM
Sorry for the delay, I got pulled off the project to do firefighting on
another.

"Maxim S. Shatskih" wrote:
> What will setupapi.dev.log say?

I cleared the log and repeated the install (with the same result), and
uploaded it here: http://www.accesio.com/files/setupapi.dev.log

Based on my amateur reading, three times it doublechecks the .INF's
signature, failing the first and passing the second of each pair; but it's
ultimately the .SYS that fails, with "Error 0x800b0109: A certificate chain
processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the
trust provider.", and error code 52 is a cascade error, at "Device not
started: Device has problem: 0x34: CM_PROB_UNSIGNED_DRIVER.".
We opened a support incident for this, and it ended up being signing without
cross-signing.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/crosscert.mspx

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

I need to widen my screen so I can print a wide file?
How do I do this? I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but changing to Landscape orientation might help. Assuming that you are using Word 2007, click the Page Layout tab, and then click Orientation in the Page Setup group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bingo" <bingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA925BD1-D8EF-408B-9588-4F5BF7FCD554@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? > I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. ...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

need help coming up with a formula.
I know just enough in Excel that I know I can get the info I want but not enough to know how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated. I am working with 2 columns of data, for example: Days in Stock____________Cost 2_____________________$300 21____________________$400 117___________________$600 8_____________________$400 37____________________$500 78____________________$500 What I want to calculate is the average cost for 0-10 days in stock (($300 + $400)/2= $350), the average cost for 11-60 days in stock, and the average cost for 60+ days in stock. What sort of formula would best cal...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Bit Field
hi I have a bit field on the contact form. I would like to set this default to null instead of yes or no. can someone please advise me how i might go about this. the value on field defaults to yes when i created the attribute. i have set on the onload - on create crmForm.all.new_a.DataValue = null; this doesnt work - dunno what else i can try. thanks heaps in advance regards Ridhima The bit field cannot be set to the value null. If you want a tree valued field you need to use a picklist. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/t...

Typing message error

need to create a bar chart with a centre axis
Need to create a chart with a centre axis, with one comparison going to the left, from zero to 22 and another set of data goin to the right with a comparison set of figures - if this makes any sense Hi, Sounds like a Tornado chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/tornado/index.html Cheers Andy Gover wrote: > Need to create a chart with a centre axis, with one comparison going to the > left, from zero to 22 and another set of data goin to the right with a > comparison set of figures - if this makes any sense > ...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...