Enable/Disable NIC most portable way.

Hello.

How do I enable (disable) NIC on windows via api. I need to use most
portable accross any versions of windows code.

Thank you.

0
sherzod

> How do I enable (disable) NIC on windows via api. I need to use most=20
> portable accross any versions of windows code.

SetupDiCallClassInstaller with the proper DIF_xxx code.

Disables any device, NIC too. More so, the Network control panel UI uses =
the same stuff to disable the NIC as the Device Manager - i.e. =
SetupDiCallClassInstaller (probably mediated by INetCfg stuff).

See the DEVCON sample.

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
9/20/2010 10:51:12 AM
Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:

> SetupDiCallClassInstaller with the proper DIF_xxx code.
>
> Disables any device, NIC too. More so, the Network control panel UI
uses

Thanks. It works fine.

0
sherzod

Pan & Zoom Widget -- Has anyone found a way to make this feature work with Netscape of Firefox Browsers ?

Turning an image the other way in Publisher 2010 ?
There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for example - any help ? "Phil" <plk.philk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:sVwzo.30326$MZ3.24527@newsfe29.ams2... > There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. > I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for > example - any help ? With the resize handles showing press and hold the shift key while grabbing one corner resize handle handle with the mouse cursor. Move the mouse, righ...

Disable Date/time field OnLoad
Hi Chaps Quick question, which I would be most grateful if anyone could help with. I am trying to disable a date/time field as part of a form OnLoad. However although the field is greyed out I am still able to populate data into the field and save the date on a save. The code I am using is crmForm.all.new_mydate.disabled=true; Is it just that this method does not work on a date/time field?.... or have I missed something. Thanks in advance John Hi, Could you try it with crmForm.all.new_mydate.Disabled=true; Could be you need a 'capital' D! Best regards, Merijn van Mourik...

/nopreview cmdline option in O2K3
O2K3 when started with the cmdline option /nopreview seems to stop the reading pane from being displayed. Though after a period of time, it seems to forget that the option has been invoked and displays the reading pane again. I've got 3 hotmail accounts and one POP based being pulled into my outlook session. Any ideas what's happening ? Perhaps it's crashing silently and restarting with no options ? If so, is there anyway to permanently disable the Reading pane. Steven ...

Provide a way to e-mail an article *from* the article
I have finally found an article by browsing through the knowledge base, I'm looking right at it, and want to send it to someone, but there's no way to do that (AFAIK). Instead, I have to go to the menu, New > New Activity > e-mail, then create a message, and insert the KB article (search for it, or switch to Subject Browse in the pull-down, and browse down through the subject tree to find it again, assuming I have any idea where it was in the subject tree). An "E-mail This Article" kind of button would be very helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion...

Any way to prevent users changing the Security Zone setting in Outlook?
Hello, Is there any way to prevent the end-user from changing the Security Zone (Tools - Options - Security) in Outlook 2003 please? Can't find it in the administrative templates. Is it perhaps just a registry setting? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Office Migration : how to enable Outllook cache mode
Hello, I have to migrate few hundred users from Office XP to Office 2k3 with the Oulook 2k3 cache mode enabled. But I have to keep my user profil. I try to use the custom installation Wizzard to custom an MST file but as I use the existing user profile (in Office XP no cache mode) my migrated users do not have this mode cache enabled. How can I do ? Scipt ? GPO ? Does anyone has any lead or suggestion ? thx for your help, Guillaume. I have a lead. It sounds that it would be possible to to force enabling cache mode thank to GPO. On condition to get the ADM. I'...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Is there a way to import a large list of Spam IP Addresses in to IMC
Hi There, We are manually adding "dial-up spammer" ip addresses to the Internet Mail Client Accept Connections "Specify by Host" to block connections. Is there away to import an entire list al at once say from a text file or something? Exc 5.5 sp4 There may be, but honestly you're wasting your time. The only way to make a dent in the amount of SPAM you receive is to deploy SPAM filtering software on your Exchange Server or at the gateway. Out of the 20,000+ emails that we filter each month less than 200 are blocked due to DNSBL. Install a trial copy of GFI...

Is there a way to insert a control into a cell?
I understand how to create a control. Is there a way to insert a control into a cell? I have a timesheet already designed and want to have a couple of cascading drop lists inside cells listing stuff like customer account # ect. Right now it seems like a huge amount of work to resize the control box to be the same size as the cell underneath it Thanks. Rick, sounds like data validation might work for you, have a look here for some details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups ...

Can user enable macros after accidently chosing "open disabled"?
I know this can't be accessed by code. But I'm wondering if, after a user has opened a workbook by accidently clicking "Disable Macros" at the warning, is there any menu command or such within the Excel environment that can be used to enable the macros? This is opposed to the user closing the workbook and re-opening (with a bit more cre, hopefully!), because this file can sometimes take a while to open. Ed Ed, Once the workbook has been opened with macros disabled, the only way to enable macros is to close and re-open it. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ed" <e...

disabling read receipts in Exchange 2k environment
Hi, I was hoping to get a little advise on my win2k pro/office2k environment: when users attempt to disable the sending of read receipts (in Outlook:tools-options-preferances tab-email options button-tracking options button) the option to "never send a response" is greyed out. My research indicates that the Exhcange server may be causing this and I was wondering where on the Exchange server I should check? or if this could be caused by something else? I appreciate the help, AF On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:24:02 -0700, "AF" <AF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Number of mail enabled users
I need to create a report that shows me number of mail enabled users in exchange 2003 server who have accessed their mailbox during last month. I can create a report using AD users and computers that shows all mail enabled objects and their last login time. But there are two problems with this: 1- It includes distributin lists as well as users. 2- Last login time could be time when system (i.e. for backup or virus check) accessed mailbox and not user. Is there any tool or 3rd party product which can help to produce more accurate report? Masoud Try this script http://www.rlmueller.net/Las...

Best way to schedule webinars?
I'm new to CRM 3.0 and have a need to schedule Webinars. Is this best done in CRM or Exchange? If in CRM via the Service module? As much detail as possible please since I am limited in experience with CRM. If in Exchange as much detail as possible, I am a little more experienced but not with scheduling. Thanks in advance for any help offered...Dennis CRM will not schedule webinars. Can you explain further what webinars you are trying to schedule? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "dpace" <dpace@discussions.m...

Quicker way to assign transactions to categories?
I imported the last 6 months of my credit card activity. Although some of the transactions were correctly categorized, most were listed under the Miscellaneous category. 1. Is it possible to setup money so that if I tell it , say, "Russian River Brewing Company" is Food:Dining Out, it will automatically reclassify *all* of those transactions as Food:Dining Out, or do I have to go through one-by-one and select the correct category for every Russian River Brewing Company transaction over the last 6 months? In other words, can I tell money *once* what category a transaction belongs to...

Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?
Is there an easy way to hide an entire row if, for example, a cell value in another sheet is set to "Yes" ? This would have to be programmed and not done manually, as there could be hundreds of rows I would like to hide, depending on a value from another sheet. Thanks Sam Hi Reddiance, It should be possible to supply you with a macro solution, provided that you supply specific details of the sheet names, the rows to be hidden and the addresses of the 'trigger' cells etc. --- Regards, Norman "Reddiance" <Reddiance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Is there a way to recover public folders' permission in Ex5.5?
the permissions were overwritten by those propagated from upper level, is there any method can recover them back? not sure if the permissions are stored in public store or directory or somewhere else; If there is a copy of public store backup, will that help? Or is there any tool can extract the permissions from public store or directory? Thanks. ...

Way to import xls/csv files to money bank accounts
Hi I am interested in knowing if there is anyway to import csv/sxls files into microsoft money? I have recently started using MS money. I was keeping all my historical data in an xls file directly downloaded from financial institution. Thanks http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/f...

Disable macro selections under tools menu
I have macros to automate on a sheet and want to disable the option to run a macro under the tool selection on the menu bar. How would I do this? Thank you Change the macro's declaration from public to private. If you want to hide all of the procedures in a specific module then use Option Private Module at the top of the code module. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Jeremy" wrote: > I have macros to automate on a sheet and want to disable the option to run a > macro under the tool selection on the menu bar. How would I do this? > > &...

one way mail flow
hello, this is my problem: exchange 5.5 multiple sites upgraded to exch2003 AD on site, migrated accounts, mailboxes, etc...mailflow from the new 2k3 exch goes only one way to the other exch 5.5 sites, from 5.5 to 2k3 it reads: the recipient name is not recognized... MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >this is my problem: exchange 5.5 multiple sites upgraded to exch2003 AD on >site, migrated accounts, mailboxes, etc...mailflow from the new 2k3 exch goes >only one way to the other exch 5.5 sites, from 5.5 to 2k3 it reads: the >recipient name is not recognized...

Bridge charts
I'm looking to do a so-called "Bridge" chart (aka "Waterfall" chart I think) that "bridges" the gap between two numbers, by drawing a series of small proportionate blocks. Something like this - XX AA XX BB XX BB XX CC XX YY XX YY XX YY These charts are used to help explain eg why Sales in 2002 (XX) have fallen to 2003 (YY), due to reasons AA, BB and CC. It means that AA, BB and CC are bar columns that "hang" in the air, an...

Easy Way to Pull Forms Record Source Into Combo Box
I'm using a combo box to perform filters and sorts on a form. Is there an easy way to pull the fields in the record source into a combo box? Thanks BW Ok...just checked back in and realized how silly this question sounded. I'm wanting to populate a combo box on a form and pull the fields from the forms record source into the record source for the combo box. Thanks BW "BW" <basic8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ebU$dU0DIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm using a combo box to perform filters and sorts on a form. Is there > an easy way ...

Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?
I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so. I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer...

Enabling RTTI in MSVC++ 6.0
The textbook that I am studying refers to setting a CheckBox that does not exist. Does anyone know how to enable RTTI in MSVC++ 6.0 ? Thanks Never Mind, I found it. "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:rOe3e.3035$Qz.2737@okepread05... > The textbook that I am studying refers to setting > a CheckBox that does not exist. Does anyone > know how to enable RTTI in MSVC++ 6.0 ? > > Thanks > ...

Mailbox not re-enabled after increasing mailbox storage limits.
There is a mailbox which exceeded its sorage limits last week. By mistake on Friday last I set the limits to around 200 KB instead of 200MB On discovering the mistake today, I have now set the mailbox limits to much bigger figures around 600 Mb upwards, but nothing I can do seems to make Exchange pay any attention to the new figures. It is still rejecting emails to the account despite having manually run Mailbox Cleanup agent and Mailbox management process. I even tried dismount and mount of the mailbox store. Why why why, are these new limits not having any effect? What do I need to d...