Basics

I'm new to the DDK.
I just d/l the WinDDK 7600.16385.1 and I'm trying to use the WinDbg.
So I took the sample "tracedrv"
(WINDDK\7600.16385.1\src\general\tracing\tracedrv), builded it and try to
run tracectl.exe with the WinDbg, using "File->Open Executable" option. I
set the Symbol File Path to tracectl.exe path, where "tracectl.pdb" is.

I'm getting the message "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. ", and
can't see it in Source Mode. When I run the program, I don't see the trace
messages of the driver (KdPrint() statements).

Can anyone help please?
Tnx

ADFS basics
Hey all, I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter. In essence I would like to use AD as my source of truth. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot. One super basic question, the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist. Question 1: How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd like to perform? It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether to pop a logon screen or go...

Basic Visual Basic
I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for > help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

Sorry
Hi guys, apologies for such a basic question. In my defence I'm not really a c++ programmer, and when I have dabbled, I've used MFC. I've got a call to an external DLL I'm using LoadLibrary to get. I've declared the call as : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(CString p1, CString p2, short* retVal, CString* retText) if I call it : short retVal; CString retText; iRet = MyFunc ("123456", "12345678", &retVal, &retText); - it works fine. Unfortunately this DLL is being called from a non-MFC app. So I;ve tried : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(char[] p1, char p2, short* ...

MSP VBA Basic Help Needed!
I'm trying to add common text names from a Text Column in MSP-07. I'm using Rod Gill's book to learn VBA for Office and primarily MSP and have also emailed him specifically about whether or not MSP-07 is even capable of accomplishing the simple report I'm needing. Basically I have a column (Text26) with some specific verbage which will be standardized and used for several real schedules in our standard template with our company. The verbage is simply: * Early Delivery * Late Delivery * On-Time Delivery * Not Delivered The verbage is calculated as a formula...

Basics
I'm new to the DDK. I just d/l the WinDDK 7600.16385.1 and I'm trying to use the WinDbg. So I took the sample "tracedrv" (WINDDK\7600.16385.1\src\general\tracing\tracedrv), builded it and try to run tracectl.exe with the WinDbg, using "File->Open Executable" option. I set the Symbol File Path to tracectl.exe path, where "tracectl.pdb" is. I'm getting the message "*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. ", and can't see it in Source Mode. When I run the program, I don't see the trace messages of the driver (KdPrint...

basic System Policy question
If I understand this correctly System Policies are really only useful in cases with multiple information stores (Enterprise version only) so that settings can be set for all of them in one central place. Can settings set in a System Policy be overridden at a lower level like an individual information store itself, or an individual user account? Or do System Policies rule no matter what, no overrides? System Policies are Enforced (No-Override) at Store level or Server level. However, individual user account settings can override Store level setting, including System Policies settings. ...

Basics
I am responsible for producing a yearly 180-page catalog for the company that I work for. In the past, we used a production house to lay out the pages and then send PDF's to our printer. We want to eliminate the production house and do everything in house - sending the PDF's ourselves to the printer. I know nothing about publisher 2003 and am having trouble finding any books (especially entry level) to help me learn the application. Any suggestions? Lots of help on the Microsoft web site, a good course in catalog creation Publisher Courses http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/traini...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

basic formulas
where can i find a generic listing of what certain things in formulas mean? (ie. a comma) Try clicking on the cell that contains the formula, then click on the "=" button next to "Formula Bar"...this will bring up a box that explains a little bit about the function and show what each section should contain. Some functions are more complex than others so try clicking on the "Help" button inside this new box. This will open up Excel Help about the specific function that you're using I've found that using the Help function in Excel is very...helpful (fo...

Two basic questions
How to use either the ClassWizard or the Add Member Variable Wizard to add member variables of type like, "long","double", or "int", to the controls on a dialog box? On the dialog of the Add Member Variable Wizard, there is a Combo Box named "Category", which has two options: Value and Control. What's purpose of "Control" option? Thanks for your help! jianbao wrote: > How to use either the ClassWizard or the Add Member Variable Wizard to add > member variables of type like, "long","double", or "int",...

Back to basics
Hi As a new user of Outlook but an old user of Outlook Express I have a couple of questions Scheduling - I run a business that is not reliant on times so when I go to put someone's recurring appointment into my system I get conflict and adjoining meeting messages The start / finish times are irrelevant but I do forward project their visits at 4 weeks/6 weeks or whatever as recurring My question is can I make a 'timeless' appointment and not worry about the start time/duration whilst still being able to use the recurring feature? Regards Stephen West Gold Coast, Australia only if...

Basic Basic question
Hi, I have recently taken over our SBS2003 server and amongst out MS ACtion Pack Subscription are 5 CD Micrsoft CRM 1.2 Cd's 1-5. I would like to try this software, but I cannot find any information on it so I have a few questions. 1. In testing it, I assume that I need to install itonto my SBS2003 server - is there any other way - i have no spare machines, apart from a couple of workstations. 2. Is the a copy of the programme since it doesn't have the usual yellow Product key other of the CD's have, or does it take the Key from SBS2003? 3. Am i going to screw anything up if...

i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic?
i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to work Office basic? Standard Edition? Small Business Edition? Small Business Management Edition? IRM? Information Resource Management? "Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B52FCE24-0C62-4D47-9F0B-548290487BEE@microsoft.com... >i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to >work Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server with the IRM bits installed. Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I will presume tha...

virtual basic error
Every time I close Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros. This is under a heading of "Microsoft Visual Basic." This happens every time I close Outlook, though Outlook seems to function perfectly otherwise. What can i do to stop this message from popping up? ...

Very basic query
After entering a formula into a cell, say b2, how do I tell excel to copy the formula right down to b3005? TIA Brian Tozer Select B2 again, press F5, type in B3005, hold down shift key and press enter, press ctrl + d Regards, Peo Sjoblom "KiwiBrian" wrote: > After entering a formula into a cell, say b2, how do I tell excel to copy > the formula right down to b3005? > > TIA > Brian Tozer > > > OR If there is data in all of the associated cells to the formula, just double click on the little black square in the bottom right of B2 HTH Michael ...

Basic list of transactions
Hi I have looked around but cannot find a report that will allow me to list the transactions for a period.All I want is a list of sales / refunds/ pay outs etc for any given day. I realise there is a copy of each till receipt but this is a very laborious process. Alternatively a report that will give me all transactions which used a reason code I apologise if I have missed somethin but I am new to RMS. It does appear the reporting options are much more difficult to use / missing compared to other software I havew used. Thanks for any help Richard Hi Richard, you're right, unfortun...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

basics?
I am looking to multply one column by another in each row for a long set of data. Example: A B C 5 2 10 3 4 12 2 3 6 Instead of having to enter a product formula in each cell of column c, is there a way to do this for every row in the data set in a function? Thanks for the help, Nick Nick, put you formula in C1, select C1, click on the black little square on the bottom right, click the mouse and drag down as far as needed -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any r...

Idiots amd Noddys guide to Visual Basic for applications #4
with simplistically explained jargon 4 non programmers. beginner -- grphillip ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grphillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1595 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27573 ...

New to Money, need help with some basics
I just purchased Money 2006 and have a some questions that I couldn't get answered through Help. I would like to be able to enter checks, debits and ATMs as they occur. It typically takes my bank about 2-3 days to clear the transaction before it could be automatically updated in Money, assuming the person I write the check to deposits it immediately. Essentially, I'd like Money to take the place of my checkbook register. Is there a way to enter everyday transactions manually? My other issue is how does Money know how to classify the transactions it downloads from my bank? ...

basics
How do i copy a formula and not have it assume to change the cells. I am trying to create a wookbook for the purchase records of livestock. Using an index grid i need to have each cell in column a multiplied by cell c7 then show a total in each cell of column b. how do i copy the formula from a1 to a2 without it automaticly changing the c7 to c8 and c9 and so on but still change a1 to a2 and so on. You need to make the references absolute. Example: in B10 you have =A10*C7 and you copy this to B11 it becomes =A11*C8 in B10 you have =A10*$C$7 and you copy this to B11 it becomes =A11*$C$7 in B11...

The Basics
Hello all! I am new to MS CRM. My background is mainly in Oracle Databases/Financial Applications, so my syntax needs some brushing up! I just have a few quick questions regarding the basics of CRM customization as the book I am reading contains very few examples. From the passages I've read in the book, it seems to be fairly simple to customize forms in CRM. I have been able to do some customization such as removing certain fields from forms, adding more business-specific attributes to forms, etc. However, I am having difficulty with what I believe to be, a core concept of CR...

Inserting text in a basic shape
In PowerPoint 2007, I've drawn several basic shapes, then clicked the shapes to add text; however, the text in several of the shapes is very strange...as though it's "outdented" on the first line or indented on the following lines. The lines are all out of alignment, and I've tried everything I can possibly think of but to no avail. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, and if so, do you know how to fix it? I know this will sound weird, but I suspect it's a printer driver issue. Please humor me and try this exact printer driver installed in t...

Basic Chart
I'm fairly new to Charting and I have data like this.. I want to show the line's BTS by week. The Chart wizard does not give me what I need... Please help if possible.. I'd like a line chart Line Week BTS 6600 1 86.67% 6810 1 58.00% 7610 1 88.80% 8600 1 95.43% 8610 1 90.42% 8620 1 90.08% 8650 1 55.84% 8660 1 91.85% 8670 1 96.41% 8690 1 89.00% 6600 2 88.29% 6810 2 83.75% 7610 2 81.81% 8600 2 89.81% 8610 2 70.87% 8620 2 115.11% 8630 2 69.66% 8650 2 81.02% 8660 2 75.56% 8670 2 100.65% 8690 2 101.04% 6600 3 84.20% 6810 3 95.00% 7610 3 88.80% 8600 3 95.17% 8610 3 81.46% 8620 3 103....