VSS Error 2155348253

Hello all,

I want to save a system state backup. the DPM reports an internal error
0x809909FB.
On the target machine is a eventlog log entry:
EventID: 546 Error
Backup attempted at '21.12.2009 08:46:52' failed to start, error code
'2155348253'.

But a backup of the drive C: is successfull.

Did anyone knows what this error code means?

Andy L

Can you please check if you have any volume in this state:
"One of the volumes specified for backup is invalid as it is either not on a
fixed drive or is non-NTFS or read-only."

--
 Narendran[MSFT]

"AndyL" <AndyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I want to save a system state backup. the DPM reports an internal error
> 0x809909FB.
> On the target machine is a eventlog log entry:
> EventID: 546 Error
> Backup attempted at '21.12.2009 08:46:52' failed to start, error code
> '2155348253'.
>
> But a backup of the drive C: is successfull.
>
> Did anyone knows what this error code means?
>
> Andy L

0
Narendran
12/21/2009 9:52:55 AM
Narendran ,

there was a small initial partition on the server. I've converted this
partition to NTFS and now it's working.

thank you

Andy L

"Narendran Gunasekaran[MSFT]" wrote:

> Can you please check if you have any volume in this state:
> "One of the volumes specified for backup is invalid as it is either not on a
> fixed drive or is non-NTFS or read-only."
>
> --
>  Narendran[MSFT]
>
> "AndyL" <AndyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I want to save a system state backup. the DPM reports an internal error
> > 0x809909FB.
> > On the target machine is a eventlog log entry:
> > EventID: 546 Error
> > Backup attempted at '21.12.2009 08:46:52' failed to start, error code
> > '2155348253'.
> >
> > But a backup of the drive C: is successfull.
> >
> > Did anyone knows what this error code means?
> >
> > Andy L

Error Handling Problem
Why isn't this catching the error that the file is too big to display. (2114 <database name> doesn't support the format of the file <file name here> or is too large...) Thanks in advance. On Error GoTo Err_CallDisplayImage Me!txtImageNote = DisplayImage(Me!ImageFrame, Me!txtImageName) Exit_CallDisplayImage: Exit Sub Err_CallDisplayImage: Me!txtImageNote = DisplayImage(Me!ImageFrame, Me!TooBigText) > > On Error GoTo Err_CallDisplayImage ****This line is never triggered on the file too big error. It always goes to the line below. *** > > Me!txtImag...

error 404 'You are not authorized to view this page
Urgent help needed. A client with an old Windows 2000 server and Exchange 5.5 HD was full, so I added a 100GB IDE drive and moved the exchange private and public stores to the new Drive. All looked OK, but today I found out that users who use OWA can not access the exchange. I was told that they were never able to access the Exchange with OWA internally, but users out of the office had no problems. Users who are connecting to the exchange with Outlook are getting and sending emails and the exchange works fine. (It used to crash Daily). The only issue is OWA from remote users. The error message...

Server Error when trying to access System Settings
When I click System Settings under "Organization Settings" in MS CRM 3.0, I get the following response: --- Error An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. The Debug screen shows: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about th...

Money Updates error
I am getting the same error a few others have mentioned, when using Internet Update on Money 2004 Deluxe. My bank accounts and news update fine, but I get the following error under Money Updates: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, reinstall Money from your original disks." Like others who tried, reinstalling doesn't help. Clearing the cache didn't help for me. Has anyone heard anything more from Microsoft? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >I am getting the same error a few others have mentio...

Excel 2003 Error
When I enter data into a cell, and move over with the arrow keys to another cell, Excel creates a random formula in the place of the entered data. Use Enter key or Tab to complete the data entry operation for the cell. silentspeed wrote: > When I enter data into a cell, and move over with the arrow keys to another > cell, Excel creates a random formula in the place of the entered data. ...

Syntx error
I am getting a syntax error message in the following, any suggestions strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = "action complete"" Thanks Dave <maceslin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8c58e9-2dec-4ef2-981d-2ce540fd9c23@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am getting a syntax error message in the following, any suggestions > > strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = "action > complete"" > > Thanks > Dave Try: strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = 'action compl...

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error backing Hyper-V Guest
Hello i am having problems backing up a Windows 2003 I386 SP2 Guest on Windows 2008 SP1 Clustered Hyper V Host. I have tried rebooting the guest and the host, Reinstalling Hyper V Additions and removing the replica from the DPM server. But i still cant backup the guest. Event Type: Error Event Source: DPM-EM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 24/11/2009 Time: 08:44:11 User: N/A Computer: *** Description: The replica of Backup Using Child Partition *** is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the ...

I am getting an error when trying to use paint brush
I click on my shape and then on the paintbrush and get the error: "An error (1) occurred during the action format painter Unexpected end of file" Has anyone experienced this???? On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:36:00 -0700, kbouquet <kbouquet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I click on my shape and then on the paintbrush and get the error: >"An error (1) occurred during the action format painter >Unexpected end of file" >Has anyone experienced this???? Which shape does this happen with? Does it happen with other shapes? -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd....

Javascript Error 12-20-04
I installed MS-CRM on a server; everything goes well with the installation. I added some users, giving them different rights… I had only one problem, when I click on a button on the lower frame (the frame which contains 5 buttons: Home; Workplace; Sales; Service; Reports), I got a JavaScript error but also I navigate to the specific page. should I change anything in my browser setting? Thanks are your uses running windows XP 2 SP2 then you need to install the XP SP2 hotfix for CRM on the CRM Web Server -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Co...

Error posting messages
When I post a message to this group and select the "Notify me of replies" checkbox, it states that it failed to post the message and oparations has been notified. But, I just noticed that my message does post and now I have posted duplicates. Sorry about that. ...

Error 941
I installed RMS Manager, POS, and Administrator onto the server (SBS 2003) so that the Manager reports could be accessed remotley via RDP. When I load up manager on the Server I receive the Error 941 License Devise that was previously on the machine is not.... The license is for two lanes and the two registers that run in the front work fine and without any errors. I looked at the driver settings on the server and there is no entry for the serial dongle device on the back of the cash register that starts POS each day. I restarted all of the computers including the server and started P...

output.c error in multithreaded program
Hi, My multithreaded program is occasionally crashing. I tend to get several types of crashes (I think) as the call stack often looks different and I'm finding them a real pain to track down Anyway the "current" one crashes in output.c. When I look at the file description it states **** DOESN'T CURRENTLY DO MTHREAD LOCKING **** So, how do I get around this? I'm not sure where output.c is called in my program - this is the earliest entry on the call stack (it goes from top to bottom earliest bottom right?) Anyway most of the other entries are for ntdll.dll which I ca...

Sending and receiving error 0x800ccc97
Office XP Windows XP Pro SP1--nearly all latest updates Dell laptop Outlook had been working like a champ for months with no problems. Worked from home using wireless LAN and broadband, worked at work using docking station on T1. Last week I was away from home and tried to connect from a remote location with broadband. Their ISP blocks SMTP access other than to their own server so I used the webmail interface on our domain. Since getting back home, I get "Unknown error: 0x800ccc97" on my sending and receiving task in Outlook XP. The server is a POP3 server and when I use the sa...

2007 Run Time Error R6025
I just installed Money 2007 Premium. The program converted my 2006 data file and now whenever I start the program, it brings up my home page, you can see the internet being accessed, and then I get the R6025 run time error dialogue after about 20 seconds, which then closes the program. This happened before in 2006 after it would do an online update of my account information (it just started after I'd used 2006 for 8 months without that problem), but I could reopen and it would work fine. None of the previous fixes under 2006 ever fixed this problem and I was hoping that 2007 would reso...

Macro error?
Whenever I open Worrd 2007, I seem to get this message: Sub MAin() AutoExec.MAIN Macro Executes when Word for Windows is loaded. End Sub and a box which says: Compile error: Expected End Sub How can I get rid of this? Thanks I have worked this out myself and corrected it. Thanks "Mishlab" wrote: > Whenever I open Worrd 2007, I seem to get this message: > > Sub MAin() > > AutoExec.MAIN Macro > Executes when Word for Windows is loaded. > > End Sub > > and a box which says: > Compile error: > Expected ...

"Rules in error" message in Outlook
I will get right to it. Outlook XP Pro. Service pack 2. No viruses no spyware. Running on a company network. Every time I open up Outlook I get this message "Rules in error" - "Server requested client action" - "Error - movecopy, unable to create dest msg." I had numerous rules running, I then removed all rules, installed Outlook on a different machine, but when I logged in again I get the same error message. This doesn't happen for another end user who logs into the machine under his profile. Heeeeelp. I am desperate!! ...

Error when adding Contacts: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your System Administrator."
I have a new error message that just two of my users have just started to receive. When they try to add a Contact to an Account, they get the following: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your System Administrator." But when they close the error message, the Contact was in fact generated. Therefore, the error message is popping up but no real error is occurring. It is just plain annoying. I have seen numerous postings in this Group regarding this message, but I have yet to read a solution. Can someone tell me why this error message is occurring? I am the System ...

Validation Error 311
If I tender a Work Order to a customer account, I receive the following error message: Validation Error 311: The amount for this tender can not exceed the purchase amount The amount being tendered is exactly the same as the purchase amount. I am able to use any other tender type with Work Orders except for 'Store Account'. I don't get this error with quotes or regular transactions, only with Work Orders. Please help! Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales Culver City, CA Paul, Do you have the prevent over tendering turned on in the manager's program? This ...

backup error
Hi, I have the following problem on an Exchange Server 5.5 system running on NT4: I am unable to make an online backup of Exchange Server Information Store or Directory using NTBACKUP. NTBACKUP is started while logged in, so not by a scheduled task. The error in the eventlog is: Microsoft Exchange services returned 'Access is denied'. from a call to 'BackupPrepare()'additional data'<servername>' EventID: 8010 The account I am logged in to has Service Account Admin permissions on organization, site, server and about any permission tab there is. Background ...

Recurrence Error
Every time I start up Outlook (Outlook 2003 running under XP) I get the following error message. How can I make it go away? "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." Thanks, Neill Dumont -- Wayfarer Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp Try using the /cleanreminders switch when you next start Outlook. Start->run->outlook.exe /cleanreminders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to th...

VBA- Error
Hi: I get "Subscript out of Range Error when I run this code - any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dim CapSheetName(2) As String CapSheetName(0) = "Capitalized Expenditures_Hrs" CapSheetName(1) = "Capitalized Expenditures_%" For Each CapName In CapSheetName If sheets(CapName).Visible = True Then sheets(CapName).Activate ActiveSheet.Visible = False End If Next Dipsy, The loop is going around three times, for array items 0, 1, and 2. On 2, it fails trying to...

Reporting Servicesd Error
My reports have sudden stoped loading with the error:- Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Anybody got any ideas? Running on SBS2003SP2. They were working fine yesterday, nothing has been changed. Fixed it by running a repair on the CRM installation. Still cannot find a cause. "ril" wrote: > My reports have sudden stoped loading with the error:- > > Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an > empty string for the assembly name. (rsP...

FRX Printing Error
I am running FRX in a Citrix environment and can access FRX as an application or through Great Plains. When trying to print a report in FRX when it has been opened as a single application I get the error "Couldn't get printer information. Make sure you have a default printer." When I try to change the printer, I get the error, "Error: ). Occurred in: PrintCommonDialog()". I can only print and change the printer if I open FRX within Great Plains. Any suggestions on how to be able to print in both places. None of the other 5 users using FRX in Citrix have th...

Reset VSS......
Hi Is there any way of reseting a VSS writers, for example the Hyper-V writer, in an elevated DOS-Promt instead of rebooting the server? You can use net.exe stop vmms Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robban" <Robban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CD6C28-8A6A-4A28-B2B0-FA04D2339B8E@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is there any way of reseting a VSS writers, for example the Hyper-V > writer, > in an elevated DOS-Promt instead of rebooting the server? ...

Integration Manager
I have created an integration that works fine, which pulls records from an MS Access database. After the integration runs, I want to write back to the record in Access, updating the record's check box, showing that the item was integrated. I pulled the script out of the script library for the "Marking Source Records As Integrated", but changing the info relevant to my database. The code is as follows: ' Added by the IM Script Library ' Category: General Purpose Scripts ' Script Type: After Document Script 'Build a string containing the SQL statement: ...