unable to "manually" run monthly, yearly tape backup jobs? help?

Heres the situation in my case:

Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month passed
(with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
moved forward..

So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to run
say today at 4pm..

The job never started..

I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
failed)..

The job never started.

Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance iso
documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...

Anyone know of a way to get this working?

I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try dpm
2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?

Thanks

I should also add that if i do a filter on the jobs tab, to show all jobs
scheduled for "today", i dont see the "manual" yearly or monthly jobs i've
"forced" to run for today either.

"markm75g" wrote:

> Heres the situation in my case:
>
> Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
> monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month passed
> (with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
> moved forward..
>
> So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to run
> say today at 4pm..
>
> The job never started..
>
> I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
> failed)..
>
> The job never started.
>
> Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
> yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance iso
> documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...
>
> Anyone know of a way to get this working?
>
> I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try dpm
> 2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?
>
> Thanks
If tape jobs fail we recommend you to re-run the jobs from the failed alerts
in the Management task area. Tape jobs check if there is any disk recovery
point since the last successful tape backup. If there are no recovery points
on disk since last tape was successful, no data will be transferred to the
tape.

You can alternatively run a manual tape job by right clicking the data
source in the Protection task area and clicking on long-term recovery point.

The monthly/yearly jobs are triggered on specific days as selected in the
Protection intent (like "every first Saturday of every month" or "fixed date
in a month"). I am not sure how you modified the intent of PG. You can
choose a specific date (which is the same date as today) and wait for the
jobs to be triggered. While creating the PG you can also select the time at
which tape job should run. Please ensure that the time is not in the past.
While doing all this remember: if there was a successful tape backup and
after that there are no valid recovery points on disk, then the tape backup
will be skipped.

Thanks
Saurabh

"markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I should also add that if i do a filter on the jobs tab, to show all jobs
> scheduled for "today", i dont see the "manual" yearly or monthly jobs i've
> "forced" to run for today either.
>

> "markm75g" wrote:
>
>> Heres the situation in my case:
>>
>> Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
>> monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month
>> passed
>> (with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
>> moved forward..
>>
>> So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to
>> run
>> say today at 4pm..
>>
>> The job never started..
>>
>> I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
>> failed)..
>>
>> The job never started.
>>
>> Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
>> yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance
>> iso
>> documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to get this working?
>>
>> I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try
>> dpm
>> 2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Saurabh

Hi Mark,

Due to the way SQL Scheduler behaves, creating a monthly or a yearly backup
via DPM to start for a time within 24 hours from scheduling time, leads to
backups getting moved out by a month and year respectively. I suggest you go
to open the SQL Server Jobs Activity Monitor and using the scheduled time
and next recurrence fields, identify your jobs and trigger them from SQL.

Please let us know if this does what you intend to do.

Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I should also add that if i do a filter on the jobs tab, to show all jobs
> scheduled for "today", i dont see the "manual" yearly or monthly jobs i've
> "forced" to run for today either.
>

> "markm75g" wrote:
>
>> Heres the situation in my case:
>>
>> Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
>> monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month
>> passed
>> (with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
>> moved forward..
>>
>> So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to
>> run
>> say today at 4pm..
>>
>> The job never started..
>>
>> I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
>> failed)..
>>
>> The job never started.
>>
>> Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
>> yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance
>> iso
>> documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to get this working?
>>
>> I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try
>> dpm
>> 2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Pranay

Hi Mark,

Due to the way SQL Scheduler behaves, creating a monthly or a yearly backup
via DPM to start for a time within 24 hours from scheduling time, leads to
backups getting moved out by a month and year respectively. I suggest you go
to open the SQL Server Jobs Activity Monitor and using the scheduled time
and next recurrence fields, identify your jobs and trigger them from SQL.

Please let us know if this does what you intend to do.

Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I should also add that if i do a filter on the jobs tab, to show all jobs
> scheduled for "today", i dont see the "manual" yearly or monthly jobs i've
> "forced" to run for today either.
>

> "markm75g" wrote:
>
>> Heres the situation in my case:
>>
>> Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
>> monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month
>> passed
>> (with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
>> moved forward..
>>
>> So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to
>> run
>> say today at 4pm..
>>
>> The job never started..
>>
>> I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
>> failed)..
>>
>> The job never started.
>>
>> Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
>> yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance
>> iso
>> documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to get this working?
>>
>> I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try
>> dpm
>> 2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Pranay
1/18/2010 6:35:03 AM
Marc
You can also contact me at pranaypr AT microsoft DOT com.

Thanks,
--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I should also add that if i do a filter on the jobs tab, to show all jobs
> scheduled for "today", i dont see the "manual" yearly or monthly jobs i've
> "forced" to run for today either.
>

> "markm75g" wrote:
>
>> Heres the situation in my case:
>>
>> Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
>> monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month
>> passed
>> (with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
>> moved forward..
>>
>> So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to
>> run
>> say today at 4pm..
>>
>> The job never started..
>>
>> I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
>> failed)..
>>
>> The job never started.
>>
>> Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
>> yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance
>> iso
>> documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to get this working?
>>
>> I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try
>> dpm
>> 2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Pranay
1/18/2010 3:50:01 PM
I tried to open sql manager 2008.. to look at this (now running dpm 2010).. i
cant connect to the instance for some reason..

Is there something i have to do to be able to connect?

"Pranay Prabhakar [MSFT]" wrote:

> --
> Hi Mark,
>
> Due to the way SQL Scheduler behaves, creating a monthly or a yearly backup
> via DPM to start for a time within 24 hours from scheduling time, leads to
> backups getting moved out by a month and year respectively. I suggest you go
> to open the SQL Server Jobs Activity Monitor and using the scheduled time
> and next recurrence fields, identify your jobs and trigger them from SQL.
>
> Please let us know if this does what you intend to do.
>
> Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
> This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
> "markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I should also add that if i do a filter on the jobs tab, to show all jobs
> > scheduled for "today", i dont see the "manual" yearly or monthly jobs i've
> > "forced" to run for today either.
> >

> > "markm75g" wrote:
> >
> >> Heres the situation in my case:
> >>
> >> Our superloader3 unit, died (again), had to get a replacement.. so the
> >> monthly job that normally would hit say the first monday of the month
> >> passed
> >> (with errors obviously), also the yearly tape backup schedule i manually
> >> moved forward..
> >>
> >> So.. we get the new unit in, i figured, ill just change the monthly to
> >> run
> >> say today at 4pm..
> >>
> >> The job never started..
> >>
> >> I thought, ok, lets set the yearly to run today at 5pm (since the monthly
> >> failed)..
> >>
> >> The job never started.
> >>
> >> Why does this occur.. how can i manually run the monthly tape backup and
> >> yearly tape backup job?  (I need these to run for our quality assurance
> >> iso
> >> documentation).. if they dont run, i have alot of explaining to do...
> >>
> >> Anyone know of a way to get this working?
> >>
> >> I'm dpm 2007 latest service packs, with 2008 server x64.. should i try
> >> dpm
> >> 2010 beta (can u just upgrade, can u then upgrade to rtm too)?
> >>
> >> Thanks
>
> .

excel to send email when value manually put in
Hi, I would like to make a macro, i believe it is called, to send an email when A1 is below or equal to a certain value, say 3. I have looked at the site http://www.rondebruin.nl/ but this is complicated. I put in the text: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then If IsNumeric(Target.Value) And Target.Value > 200 Then YourMacroName End If Sub Mail_CDO() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object ' Dim Flds As Variant Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO....

Manually created button has a BOLD text. How to change?
I have manually added buttons in my CPropertySheet class (to be common for all CPropertyPage that are added to the property sheet). However, the font of the text caption for the buttons is bold for some reason. How can I change it? I tried CFont* pFont = m_btnOK->GetFont(); if (pFont) { LOGFONT lf; pFont->GetLogFont(&lf); lf.lfWeight = FW_NORMAL; pFont->CreateFontIndirect(&lf); m_btnOK->SetFont(pFont); } It doesn't work because pFont is NULL. I call m_btnOK->GetFont() after m_btnOK is created. Please, help. > I call m_btnOK->GetFont() after > m_b...

When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without manually marking it? Kevin <kwdavids@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9ff2c677-d7f3-4521-95ff-737b6b3e2394@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook > 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. > > How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without > manually marking it? Tools - Options - Ot...

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

Manually Uninstalling Excel Viewer
HELP! I need to manually uninstall my corrupt Excel viewer. Would somebody offer some details as to this task? Thank you. I've never installed nor uninstalled Excel Viewer, but the standard procedure for uninstalling a program is to: Close Excel Viewer Click Start Select Control Panel Find and double-click on "Add or Remove..." Find Excel Viewer in the list of programs. Click on Remove. Follow screen instructions. HTH Otto "Steve Evans" <sjevans2@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:uXSilFs3DHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HELP! > > I need to ma...

Server 2003
Our developers created some DOS (bat) command scripts to run on three different servers, they put them in scheduled jobs to run at specific times of the day - to import client files off our FTP server, copy from server to server inside our domain. The scheduled jobs do not run, yet when we right click on the schedules jobs, click run - they do work manually. The schedules jobs are enabled, "run as" - domain\administrator and domain\user (with administrator permission) - should the jobs "only" run as "administrator", and not a user with admin...

If Entering Manually, start with blank file?
Dick and/or Cal, Or, can it turn off the downloads? --- Ron Mckenzie Orlando, FL In microsoft.public.money, RonMcK3 wrote: > > >Or, can it turn off the downloads? You can turn off downloads for any FI. I would not do so myself; I like downloading. I am better at finding the mistakes of others than I am at finding my own mistakes. That makes sense. Since I want to catch pending transactions (deposits, debit card items, handwritten cks, etc) as soon as I know about each one, I assume I should copy the formatting that the bank uses for the description for other transactions like...

How do i adjust the page breaks in excel without manually dragging
You can insert a page break: Select a cell Choose Insert>Page Break Page breaks will be inserted above, and to the left of, the selected cell vmart003 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Move Data Series Manually
Hi I have a combination graph: stacked column and line graph Stacked Column: Number of Points Compliant Number of Points Non-Comliant Line: YTD % Compliant Monthly % Comliant. With the line YTD % Compliant I have on the secondary axis (which is fine) The Monthly % Compliant I have removed the line and am using the Markers... How do I Move the Monthly % to the top of the graph (above the Stacked columns) regardless of the value. ie I dont want it associated with an axis. Many thanks Tracey All series in a chart need to be associated with a series. What do you mean, you're tr...

Manually enhance .Net program's permissions?
Hello, I am not a .Net programmer, and hopefully I've picked the right forum. My company uses a .Net-based utility program that when not run with administrator permissions, disables certain functions, crashes, and displays other odd behaviors. All our users run in a locked-down environment for security, and we don't really want to enhance their permissions. We have complained to the vendor, but for the foreseeable future, there will be no official workaround or fix. I can think of other ways to tackle this problem, but knowing something about .Net's security.config file,...

Why have to run rules manually to process emails
Hi, I am running outlook 2002 on a W2K box, with all up-to-date service packs. Although I keep my outlook running, it sometimes does not filter out emails when it should. And, if I manually run the rules (via rules wizard), the emails are processed as specified by the rules. Why is this? (I am aware that sometimes, when outlook starts up, it may not process some emails; but this is not the case since my outlook is kept running). Thanks. Yan ...

manually selected Excel cell formatting
I've installed Excel 2007 recently. I notice when I manually select non-contiguous cells using the ctrl key that the selected cells are not highlighted like they were in Excel 97. At first I thought I was losing the selection altogether but I noticed that the current cell had a thin outline instead of the heavier normal outline. It was then I saw that the selected cells were actually very faintly shaded. I checked that the cells were really selected by migrating through them with the Enter or Tab key. Is there any way to make the selected calls more visible? Or is something w...

have to manually add the supplier tax rate to the purchase order
"If you create a purchase order in Microsoft Retail Management System Headquarters by using the "Style 340: PO Planner" worksheet, the program does not automatically populate the supplier tax rate information when the purchase order is downloaded to the store. Therefore, you will have to manually add the supplier tax rate to the purchase order." In the Store Operation Manager PO window's , It will be interesting to have a button that calculate taxes like if the PO was done with Store Operation Manager instead of doing the above process ---------------- This post...

Managing an Outline Manually
I am using the outline group function to build and maintain a work breakdown structure. I understand how to establish and delete groups, but I am struggling with how to manage them easily. When I insert new rows, I find that the outline automatically "re-outlines" itself in ways I do not want. Where can I go to learn how to do things correctly, or to easily change outline levels. ...

Update prices manually Portfolio problem
Hi! Every day I have to register some data at "Update prices manually" in Portfolio reading at a web browser. It used to be very easy since the small form "Update prices" detached from money and I could copy the data. Now I can't do it anymore because it keeps attached to Money 2007 and I have to resize windows or press lots of "alt+tabs". Probably it is a configuration stuff that I can't find. Any help? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Arko wrote: >Hi! > >Every day I have to register some data at "Update prices manually" in ...

SRS Reports manually posting
It looks like the only way I am going to be able to post the sql reporting services reports pack is to do it manually. I have followed the instructions to the letter for installation, but the Installation tool fails with the error message: "The configuration file cannot be created for the requsted configuration object" I have BP and SRS on the same server, they are behaving themselves by themselves fine. But I'd like to have the sample reports and the trial balances up and running. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Thank you much Mike Greymont ...

manually implementing message maps
I am trying to manually create a message map (as opposed to having it generated by MFC) for a CDialog derived class (let's call it Fred). The code is at the bottom of this message. My goal is to later be able to derive from Fred instead of CDialog when creating a class to implement a dialog. The Fred class needs to intercept certain messages. I am able to listen to all messages simply by overriding WindowProc(). That's easy, no message map needs to be set up. I would also like to have some custom painting done in the Fred class. I know I could intercept WM_PAINT in WindowProc, but I ...

Outlook 2002 Must Manually hit the Send/Receive button
Recently, even though my Outlook mail set-up is suppose to schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute, no messages will come in or out unless I manually hit the send/receive button including when I first open Outlook. This is a new problem that occured without making any changes to my prior Outlook settings. Any suggestions? Hi, Try increasing the time to 2 minutes. It might take some time more than 1 min to download the stuff from your server. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Apply a workflow rule manually to many activities
Hello I've make a very simple workflow rule to close the meeting (i don't know if it's the correct word in english but it's rendez vous in french;) ) which they have the end date < actual date. But i can only apply this rule after opening the meeting then i can close directly the meeting. My aim is to apply this rule to a selection of meeting but in the meeting view (and other activities views) there is not the menu "more actions" with the command "apply rule". has something a tips to add this command? Thanks Clark ------=_NextPart_0001_1B74402D ...

SOP POP link
I am writting an interface between an in house CRM package and GP. I need to link existing SOP and POP documents. I know I need to create a row in SOP60100, but what other tables are affected when a SOP - POP link is created? I think you got the table right but there is all kinds of varification that goes behind the scene before GP allows you to link the PO. Make sure you run some sort of validation process before inserting into the table. I am not sure what goes behind the scene but probably DexSQL log or running a SQL Trace would give you a good idea. Good luck. ...

How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?
In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns. Right click a series on the chart, choose Format data series... and then in the Options tab, play a bit with overlap and gap width. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Excel User Neu1" wrote: > In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or > thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns. Note that you can only adjust the entire series, not each indi...

Manually inserting line breaks
Hi - I'd love to know how to manually insert a line break (line feed, paragraph break, or whatever you call it) within a cell. For example, I'd like to be able to create a single cell value that is displayed as Here's one line of text. Here's another. And here's yet another line. The "wrap text" setting gets only part way there, since you can't control where the wrapping occurs. I've tried inserting Alt-0010 and Alt-0013 characters to no effect. Anyone know a (convenient) way to do this? Thanks, Wallace > how to manually insert a l...

Manually uninstall GP 10
I am having problems with a GP 10 install on a Vista machine. I tried to do an upgrade from 9 to 10 and it stopped as it was looking for a Service Pack. I have tied to uninstall or reinstall both 9.0 and 10.0 and the setup file will not execute. I have turned off the user account control. I probably have a conflict with something as this a development machine with a myriad of programs on it. It there a way to manually uninstall GP? Jim ...

Manually display a tooltip message
Is there any way of forcing a tooltip to appear even if the mouse is not over the tool? I have tried setting up a dummy MSG populated with WM_MOUSEMOVE and point information of the tool, then using RelayEvent() to send it to the tooltipctrl, but it doesnt display! Anyone got any ideas? You could call your tooltip handler directly with the ID of the control. Tom <jamespyke@hewelsfield.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124805497.740780.274470@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way of forcing a tooltip to appear even if the mouse is > not over the tool? I have tried...

M2004-Manually set up online services
In previous verions of money I have been able to set up online services for banks that money didn't have on the list, it consisted of me entering some webpage information and I could connect the same way I did for banks that Money dids recognize. I can't figure out how to do this in money 2004 and the help files are no help. Anyone ideas? ...