Tape Stuck in Drive - DPM 2007

DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove
tape E/I port” I get following message
“Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task
to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation."
The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot
the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from
the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the
tape have been moved out of the drive.

We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL T2000 Library. I guess you
have some kind of WebInterface for your Tape Library ?

after you removed the Tape from the I/O Port with the Tape Library
Interface, run a complete inventory from this interface/webinerface,
thereafter rerun the complete inventory with DPM, now DPM should be updated.

"Nate" wrote:

> DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove
> tape E/I port” I get following message
> “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task
> to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation."
> The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot
> the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from
> the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the
> tape have been moved out of the drive.
Sometimes the library service hangs a little causing a similar problem, if
you stop the DPMLA service, the drive should be released.

"Maurizio Schmidt" wrote:

> We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL T2000 Library. I guess you
> have some kind of WebInterface for your Tape Library ?
>
> after you removed the Tape from the I/O Port with the Tape Library
> Interface, run a complete inventory from this interface/webinerface,
> thereafter rerun the complete inventory with DPM, now DPM should be updated.
>

> "Nate" wrote:
>
> > DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove
> > tape E/I port” I get following message
> > “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task
> > to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation."
> > The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot
> > the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from
> > the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the
> > tape have been moved out of the drive.
Hi,

thx for this Hint. it seems that some Tape Libarys doesnt update their
current status to the DPM in the correctly. Tandberg Systems tend to have
less problems then others.

"Radweld" wrote:

> Sometimes the library service hangs a little causing a similar problem, if
> you stop the DPMLA service, the drive should be released.
>
> "Maurizio Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL T2000 Library. I guess you
> > have some kind of WebInterface for your Tape Library ?
> >
> > after you removed the Tape from the I/O Port with the Tape Library
> > Interface, run a complete inventory from this interface/webinerface,
> > thereafter rerun the complete inventory with DPM, now DPM should be updated.
> >

> > "Nate" wrote:
> >
> > > DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove
> > > tape E/I port” I get following message
> > > “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task
> > > to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation."
> > > The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot
> > > the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from
> > > the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the
> > > tape have been moved out of the drive.
    If any Tape has been moved without the knowledge of the DPM it fails to
identify/locate the tapes properly as those actions are not done by DPM. To
fix this issue do fast inventory followed by a detailed inventory. After
this the DPM will be in sync with the tape Library.

Commands for fast and detailed inventory:
$DPMLib = Get-DPMLibrary -DPMServerName "TestingServer"
Start-DPMLibraryInventory -DPMLibrary $DPMLib -FastInventory (This command
performs a fast inventory of the library on the TestingServer.)
Start-DPMLibraryInventory -DPMLibrary $DPMLib -DetailedInventory(This
command performs a detailed inventory of the library on TestingServer.)

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Maurizio Schmidt" <MaurizioSchmidt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:985F183E-8991-4BBA-845B-FF15B20F9CFA@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> thx for this Hint. it seems that some Tape Libarys doesnt update their
> current status to the DPM in the correctly. Tandberg Systems tend to have
> less problems then others.
>
> "Radweld" wrote:
>
>> Sometimes the library service hangs a little causing a similar problem,
>> if
>> you stop the DPMLA service, the drive should be released.
>>
>> "Maurizio Schmidt" wrote:
>>
>> > We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL T2000 Library. I
>> > guess you
>> > have some kind of WebInterface for your Tape Library ?
>> >
>> > after you removed the Tape from the I/O Port with the Tape Library
>> > Interface, run a complete inventory from this interface/webinerface,
>> > thereafter rerun the complete inventory with DPM, now DPM should be
>> > updated.

0
Praveen

OUTLOOK 2007
I am using Window Vista Home and Office 2007. In Outlook 2007, In Plain Text message, language appear as Arabic Saudi Arabia, where as in HTML and Rich Text language appeared as English USA I have made English USA ONLY as Default Language in Office langauge setting plus in Window Vista Langauge setting. Keyboard as US. Pls consider helping me to remove language Arabic Saudi Arabia from Plain Text msges. Tks and regards "IBRAHIM" <IBRAHIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885C8AB7-CD11-4E18-BAF7-520878AC8B19@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2007, In P...

Entire spreadsheet "disappeared"
I am pretty new to Excel and am currently using Excel 2007. I was editing a cell in my spreadsheet when the whole thing "disappeared" and the screen is just blue - no cells or data visible at all - but I can still see all the menu buttons but they are greyed out. I may have accidently leant on a button on my keyboard that has done this but I don't know which one! It will save and close ok but I can't do or see anything else. It wont let me "undo" either. I'm hoping that the spreadsheet is just hidden and one of you clever people can tell me how to get it ...

Access 2007
I have recently updated from Access 2003 to 2007. I have a networked system with both front end and data on a network drive. There are up to about 30 users at any time. The system has worked well for several years under 2003 but now I get problems with it working very slowly. I have tried both a .mdb and a .accdb file format with the latest 2007 service pack to no avail. What happens is that the database freezes with a message 'Updating Tables' in the bottom left corner of the screen. After up to several minutes this will clear and it works again. The other i...

Message Stuck in Queue, Ex2K
Mailboxes are not receiving and not sending (internal and external e-mails) messages. Message tracking shows messages go to the queue and are stuck there. Does incoming and outgoing messages share the same Queue? What's going on? Please Help! Thanks Make sure your SMTP service is running... >-----Original Message----- >Mailboxes are not receiving and not sending (internal and external e-mails) messages. Message tracking shows messages go to the queue and are stuck there. Does incoming and outgoing messages share the same Queue? > >What's going on? Please Help! ...

security setting vista 2007
hi Have created workbook in exel 2002 for a friend that contains some macros. When came to open in vista 2007 on his pc, it would not run macros owing to the security level. Is there a similar low-medium-high under tools as in 2002? I did go into trust centre, but unsure if this has left his pc vunerable owing to clicking a"llow to open all macros" or something like that All help appriciated Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200710/1 Hi One way Add the Developer tab to the ribbon To display the Developer tab go to Of...

Money 2007 freeze when generating February monthly report
When trying to view the February report, the program hangs at "Reviewing your accounts for potential problems." I tried to repair my file but it found no problems. Ideas anyone? Is there a way to submit bugs to MS similar to how people do it during a beta test? Thanks, Peter ...

"Transactions to read" stuck in MS Money Plus
Hi, I just upgraded from Microsoft Money 2007 to Microsoft Money Plus. Right after that, I ran into a problem where my mny file got corrupted. I repaired the file using the repair tool and it seemed to work. In the "View Log" section of the repair tool, it said it removed records from the online table (whatever that means). However, after this, when I download statements, the "Transactions to Read" count does not reduce even after accepting all transactions. Has anyone experienced this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Prerak Hello, I am having the exact sa...

what does "tape free tape is not available"mean ?, DPM2010RC
I have one protection group, and a standalone HP LTO1 tape drive which has a raw capacity of 100GB. I do not use tape co-location and compression is turned on in DPM. Since the tapes were used in an older DPM installation, I mark each one free before backup (the tape label becomes "Free (contains data)". So every day, DPM writes about 60GB to the tape and then warns "tape free tape is not available...", and tape backup fails without writing the last part of the protection group. I expect that a (so-called) 100GB tape should hold more than 60GB, especially wi...

Outlook 2007 appointment viewing
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 and have access to other people's calendars. I have just entered an appointment in their calendars and obviously it appears in my view. However, for one person, the same appointment has not appeared in their Outlook. It's also failed when adding an appointment just for that person. Is there some kind of sync setting which needs activating? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Is everyone using outlook 2007? Are you using cached mode and caching shared calendars? if so, its not instantaneous. It should not take longer than maybe 2 minu...

Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager Error Message when opening
Hello, I use Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager and am running Vista 64x. Each time I open BCM and/or try to navigate to it, I get the error message: "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not complete your last action(s). Please try again." I have 1 contact database set up in BCM and the rest of my contact databases are in my Outlook address book. Once I close the error message, I am able to do what I need, but it happens again when I try to get back to BCM Home. It drives me crazy! Can anyone tell me how to fix this so I can use the feature? Thanks! "finn&...

PPT 2007, Alignment to Slide stuck
I have just gotten PPT 2007, and I can not disable the "align to slide" feature on the alignment - under "Arrange". Do i need to adjust my preferences, and how do I do that? Or maybe my copy is corrupted? Thanks in advance to anyone out there! -- Marc You need to click "Align selected objects" This is only available if you have at least two shapes selected. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Marcus Analyst" wrote: &g...

Single space lines in Word 2007
I have Windows 7 and Word 2007. It is very different from Word 2003. At the top, there are font "Styles". How do I get the lines to single-space instead of double-space? Also, when I tried to type a centered heading for a letter, the font kept switching back and forth between the quick styles if I would hit the return, or try to center the line. How do you alter these quick styles? I like some of them, but often the font is too large and they double instead of single-space everything. Thanks in advance. Line Spacing: Format Paragraph and change the Space After to 0: ...

Money 2007 Check number download problem
When I download from my bank I get the check number plus it has 'view check' next to the number. This just started. I do not know how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. =?Utf-8?B?bWVsZWxpbmE=?= <melelina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 14 Apr 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > When I download from my bank I get the check number plus it has 'view > check' next to the number. This just started. I do not know how to > fix this. Any help would be appreciated. What bank? Option 1: Your bank downloads directly into Money. The bank is putt...

Tape backup fails when tape is full (stand-alone tape drive)
In a new office I have setup a temporary DPM 2007 server with a stand-alone LTO2 drive connected to it. When I run a tape backup (700 GB) it fails at 230 GB, when the LTO2 tape is full. Why doesn't DPM alert me, wait until a new tape is inserted to the tape drive and then continues the job? This should be possible, isn't it? http://blogcastrepository.com/blogs/santhosh/archive/2009/10/16/dpm-2007-and-tape-timeout.aspx "jwillemse" wrote: > In a new office I have setup a temporary DPM 2007 server with a stand-alone > LTO2 drive connected to it. > W...

OUTLOOK 2007 #28
I have just downloaded the trial version "OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007" but whenever i try to open Outlook it tells me "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close". It will not allow me to start at all, but there is no error details (number), just that it needs to close, and does so continually. I have deleted the trial and re-installed same but to no avail. Anybody any ideas?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C825BB.C70BCAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

PowerPoint 2007-Formatting Hyperlinks
How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have a look here www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00546.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "SueW" <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:FBFA1989-C534-478C-B992-A27696F7DFC7@microsoft.com... > How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Ty...

excel 2007 trendline equation
I'm used to see t trendline updating automatically when the source data change. Now this does not work any more. In the Q&A I read bout dynamic charts what does that mean ? Hi Erwin, I can't duplicate your problem. If my data changes the associated trendline changes. Are you adding the trendline via the Chart Tools, Layout command? Is Recalculation set to Automatic? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Erwin_Goethals" wrote: > I'm used to see t trendline updating automatically when the source data change. > Now this does not work any more. > In the Q&A...

raisers edge/pivot tables in excel 2007
I use raisers edge 7.83, when i export a pivot table to excel 2007 it's not correct. It WAS correct in excel 2003. Anyone know of a fix for this? Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question. However, i am looking for someone skilled and experienced with Raisers Edge for a role we currently have. So if you are experienced with Raisers Edge, like working with Data and are looking for a new role, then please do contact me asap. Thanks Mark Gibbons G & G Recruitment Solutions 0844 800 4984 -- Mark Gibbons ...

Mail stuck in local delivery queue
Our e-mail stopped working at about 3pm this afternoon. We have tried rebooting the server, and dismounting and remounting the mailbox store. Have checked the incoming POP3 queue, and it was empty. Eventually found all the messages stuck in the local delivery queue. There was one really big e-mail of 21MB which I have deleted, and I have tried to restart the queue, but it does not want to move. What I need to know is: a) How to unblock the queue b) How to view the messages in the queue in the meantime. Many thanks Matt Forgot to say, we are using Windows Small Business Server 2003....

"Auto complete" Office/outlook 2007
Hi, I have a problem with auto complete. We have the correct box in Advanced email setting checked to turn Auto Complete on, but it is still not working. Can you please tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thank you! A Selecting the box is not what makes autocompletion work. Sending enough messages to populate your autocompletion cache is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "TravelGirl227" <TravelGirl227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71508FC6-0227-43BE-9A5E-1A2B4E1D596A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a problem with auto complete. We have the...

Unable to retrieve back up from USB drive
I had my money 2003 backup file on a USB drive. Had to reformat the hard drive and re-install money. Now I am unable to restore my data from the USB drive. After opening Money, attempting to restore from back up, i get the error, "cannot locate C:\documents and settings\my documents\my money or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." any ideas why it will not allow me to do this? Also received the same error message when attempting to restore from a CD. Matt In microsoft.pub...

Remove overdue tapes / Remove tapes from library
Hi, How can I delete overdue tape or remove tapes from the library/pretection group? We've used tapes in the testfase without barcode labels. These tapes do have a a barcode label now, but dpm expects tapes without a barcode label. These aren't available anymore. Can I remove these, so they won't be listed as overdue in the tape management report? No-one?...

Reveal Formatting in Publisher 2007
Word has a "Reveal Formatting" command to display each keyboard stroke in the document. Does Publisher 2007 have a similar command to "Show all formatting marks" in a text box? It is the same icon as in Word. Look on the toolbar for the pilcrow sign �. It will say Special Characters. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Flintstone" <Flintstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F47FABE-6E40-41C6-B73F-0737DD12615B@microsoft.com... > Word has a "Reveal Formatting" command to display each keyboard stroke in the > doc...

Items stuck in my Outbox
I tried to email a 6MB file. The item is currently in my outbox. It won't send and I can't delete it. When i try to delete, I get the Microsoft Outlook message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook and rebotted my machine with no luck. Any ideas? I got a suggestion of going to my email remotely and could not get to the Outbox. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >I tried to email a 6MB file. The item is currently in my >outbox. It won&#...

Windows resize small and stay stuck when moving from external monitor to laptop only
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have a window open in word on my external monitor, then unplug my laptop, when I open up my laptop again, the word window is shrunk to a 1/4 of the size and it can't be dragged/resized larger. I have to quit and restart word. How can I fix this? Click the little Display icaon at the top of your screen. Adjust the resolution smaller, then adjust it back to where you want it. Then it allows you to drag/resize. Marty Koenig CxO To Go TonyD@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 >Operating System: Mac ...