System State Backup fails, remote shared not found

get a failure now everytime I do a recovery point on the system state of an 
Exchange 2010 using DPM 2010 RC.  The Mailbox and Public Folder Database 
recovery points are fine, but the system state and bare metal recovery both 
fail now.  Windows backup on the Exchange 2010 states that the remote share 
can't be found, but looking at DPM, it is there.  I also looked under disk 
management, and the volume is there with no errors reporting on it.  All 
other servers (DC's, SQL, File Servers) are all backing up fine.  Any ideas?  
Thanks....
0
Utf
3/4/2010 12:01:01 AM
dataprotectionmanager 1083 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1402 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

Interestingly, the security for the folder under DPM\Non VSS Datasource 
Writer\vol23441444434xxxxxxxxx\478236785xxxxxxxxx\Full and beyond could not 
be read.  I have to reset all of the security permissions on all objects 
listed there.  See if that does the trick....

"Ape" wrote:

> get a failure now everytime I do a recovery point on the system state of an 
> Exchange 2010 using DPM 2010 RC.  The Mailbox and Public Folder Database 
> recovery points are fine, but the system state and bare metal recovery both 
> fail now.  Windows backup on the Exchange 2010 states that the remote share 
> can't be found, but looking at DPM, it is there.  I also looked under disk 
> management, and the volume is there with no errors reporting on it.  All 
> other servers (DC's, SQL, File Servers) are all backing up fine.  Any ideas?  
> Thanks....
0
Utf
3/4/2010 12:15:01 AM
Hi,
        Thanks for bringing this into our notice, can you please share some 
more details? Have you selected Bare metal recovery option also along with 
system state? Can you please share the job failure details? If you have 
selected Bare metal recovery option also can you please share the net 
share(you may rename the machine names with dummy values but keep an hint 
for associating machines) output along with the count of the machines 
protected for Bare metal recovery? Did changing security permissions made 
the backups to succeed?

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

"Ape" <Ape@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:77EBEE33-6518-4FBE-AB70-D5825CC6BBF2@microsoft.com...
> Interestingly, the security for the folder under DPM\Non VSS Datasource
> Writer\vol23441444434xxxxxxxxx\478236785xxxxxxxxx\Full and beyond could 
> not
> be read.  I have to reset all of the security permissions on all objects
> listed there.  See if that does the trick....
>
> "Ape" wrote:
>
>> get a failure now everytime I do a recovery point on the system state of 
>> an
>> Exchange 2010 using DPM 2010 RC.  The Mailbox and Public Folder Database
>> recovery points are fine, but the system state and bare metal recovery 
>> both
>> fail now.  Windows backup on the Exchange 2010 states that the remote 
>> share
>> can't be found, but looking at DPM, it is there.  I also looked under 
>> disk
>> management, and the volume is there with no errors reporting on it.  All
>> other servers (DC's, SQL, File Servers) are all backing up fine.  Any 
>> ideas?
>> Thanks.... 

0
Praveen
3/4/2010 1:03:19 PM
I had to remove the System State and Bare Metal Recovery out of the 
protection group, then readd them in.  The backups worked fine after that.  I 
changed the permissions for all of the objects under that folder, but still 
got that same "remote folder not found" error.  This was the only machine out 
of 10 that I had a bare metal recovery selected for.....

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

> 
> Hi,
>         Thanks for bringing this into our notice, can you please share some 
> more details? Have you selected Bare metal recovery option also along with 
> system state? Can you please share the job failure details? If you have 
> selected Bare metal recovery option also can you please share the net 
> share(you may rename the machine names with dummy values but keep an hint 
> for associating machines) output along with the count of the machines 
> protected for Bare metal recovery? Did changing security permissions made 
> the backups to succeed?
> 
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
> 
> "Ape" <Ape@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:77EBEE33-6518-4FBE-AB70-D5825CC6BBF2@microsoft.com...
> > Interestingly, the security for the folder under DPM\Non VSS Datasource
> > Writer\vol23441444434xxxxxxxxx\478236785xxxxxxxxx\Full and beyond could 
> > not
> > be read.  I have to reset all of the security permissions on all objects
> > listed there.  See if that does the trick....
> >
> > "Ape" wrote:
> >
> >> get a failure now everytime I do a recovery point on the system state of 
> >> an
> >> Exchange 2010 using DPM 2010 RC.  The Mailbox and Public Folder Database
> >> recovery points are fine, but the system state and bare metal recovery 
> >> both
> >> fail now.  Windows backup on the Exchange 2010 states that the remote 
> >> share
> >> can't be found, but looking at DPM, it is there.  I also looked under 
> >> disk
> >> management, and the volume is there with no errors reporting on it.  All
> >> other servers (DC's, SQL, File Servers) are all backing up fine.  Any 
> >> ideas?
> >> Thanks.... 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/4/2010 3:40:01 PM
        Thanks for the data. DPM creates a network share for continueing the 
BMR backup. That share is missing for some reason from the DPM server.  Can 
you please check the event security event logs on the date when first BMR 
backup has failed? This should given weather share has been deleted and also 
can help back track how it got deleted. Can you please help with this more 
data as we have seen other places also the share getting deleted but why/who 
is deleting the share is not known yet. It will help us avoid future 
occurrences of the same problem.  When it happens another time can you 
please contact me at praveend at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,
Praveen D
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Ape" <Ape@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4FB30217-C636-44E0-911D-BEA2C1C9CD51@microsoft.com...
> I had to remove the System State and Bare Metal Recovery out of the
> protection group, then readd them in.  The backups worked fine after that. 
> I
> changed the permissions for all of the objects under that folder, but 
> still
> got that same "remote folder not found" error.  This was the only machine 
> out
> of 10 that I had a bare metal recovery selected for.....
>
> "Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi,
>>         Thanks for bringing this into our notice, can you please share 
>> some
>> more details? Have you selected Bare metal recovery option also along 
>> with
>> system state? Can you please share the job failure details? If you have
>> selected Bare metal recovery option also can you please share the net
>> share(you may rename the machine names with dummy values but keep an hint
>> for associating machines) output along with the count of the machines
>> protected for Bare metal recovery? Did changing security permissions made
>> the backups to succeed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Praveen D [MSFT]
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights
>>
>> "Ape" <Ape@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:77EBEE33-6518-4FBE-AB70-D5825CC6BBF2@microsoft.com...
>> > Interestingly, the security for the folder under DPM\Non VSS Datasource
>> > Writer\vol23441444434xxxxxxxxx\478236785xxxxxxxxx\Full and beyond could
>> > not
>> > be read.  I have to reset all of the security permissions on all 
>> > objects
>> > listed there.  See if that does the trick....
>> >
>> > "Ape" wrote:
>> >
>> >> get a failure now everytime I do a recovery point on the system state 
>> >> of
>> >> an
>> >> Exchange 2010 using DPM 2010 RC.  The Mailbox and Public Folder 
>> >> Database
>> >> recovery points are fine, but the system state and bare metal recovery
>> >> both
>> >> fail now.  Windows backup on the Exchange 2010 states that the remote
>> >> share
>> >> can't be found, but looking at DPM, it is there.  I also looked under
>> >> disk
>> >> management, and the volume is there with no errors reporting on it. 
>> >> All
>> >> other servers (DC's, SQL, File Servers) are all backing up fine.  Any
>> >> ideas?
>> >> Thanks....
>>
>> .
>> 
0
Praveen
3/5/2010 11:10:17 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

Formula
Hi all, I am preparing an exam marksheet. In one cell, I add in this formula to check if a student pass or fail the whole exam. Condition ... the students must not get any "E" to pass the whole exam. =IF(OR(E7="E",G7="E",I7="E",K7="E",M7="E",O7="E",Q7="E",S7="E",U7="E",W7="E" ,Y7 ="E",AA7="E",AC7="E",AE7="E"),"Fail","Pass")) Now I want to change to another condition. The students must not get any "E", or "D&...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Image backup/rstore vs. clean install/all-file-backup/restore
A general question: Chris Quirke writes: "It's a good idea to make a partition image backup of your XP installation before you start, using something like BING. Simply copying off every file is not enough, because unlike Windows 9x, XP will not work when copied in this way." If there is no partitin image, would it be sufficient to do a clean install of XP Gold, and then copy over the file-by-file backup of, for example, XP with SP3 installed. Wouldn't that leave everything bootable, etc. and give the same results as an image restore? mm wrote: > A gener...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

Adding a second NIC for DPM Backups
We currently have DPM 2007 deployed and it is working fine on our 192.168.x.x network. We have added a second NIC to our DPM server and connected this NIC to a seperate 172.18.2.x network that we are calling the "Backup Network". We would like all DPM backup traffic to use the 172.18.2.x network to transmit backup data to DPM, which still using the primary 192.168.x.x NIC to be able to communicate with AD and so on. What is the easiest way to configure DPM or the server DPM clients to have it transmit DPM data over the 172.18.2.x network rather than using the 192.168...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

Calander Share #2
Before 15 January, I had 2 PC's set to share a calendar via email). However, on 15 January, one of the PC's received the following message: "Oulook caused invalid page fault in module fldpub.dll at 015f:4c51a697". I went to the support page and printed the resolutions for that error. However, since then, the calendar does not share. How can I share (via email) again? One of the PC's is a laptop and is only connected to the network during the day (that is why I am/was sharing the calendar via email versus putting the calendar on the shared drive of the net wo...

VM Remote Client for Virtual Server
Hi I'm using VMRC to connect to Virtual Server Guest OSs but at random times it disconnects telling the connection has timed out Is there a way to change the connection time-out on Virtual Sever ? Thanks ! ...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

File system
Hi I am havimg some problem in booting WindowCE 4.2 . The bootup failed in filesystem 1. can anyone help me how to debug the error or where area in windowce I should zoom into for susch problem The ouput of error message is given below FMD::FMD_Init FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c233c78 RA=8c233c00 BVA=04000000 FSR=00000007 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c2169d8 RA=8c216a38 BVA=04000019 FSR=00000003 D...

[cont'd] can't open a retrieved Money file nor its backup
Hi Cal, I haven't heard back from you, so I'm just sending my last question again, below. [I messed up the order of the posts because I sent 2 replies to one of your posts!] mjl ~~~~~ Hi Cal, I don't have a Flash drive, but I tried opening it from my FireLite external harddrive (also has FAT files), but it acted the same way and gave me the same message. When I tried to restore the backup from the Firelite, it also acted as before and failed. I'm so discouraged..... Maryellen -- lewisma9 ...

Failed backup/restore
After switching to Windows XP, I reinstalled Money 99 (which seems to be working) but have been unable to open either the backup of my Money file (on floppy) or the copy of the working file that I copied to CDROM (and which I recopied to the hard drive). Error messages say the backup file has been corrupted; and that the working file is corrupted or is not a legitimate Money file. I've made sure this file, copied from CDROM, is not "read only." This is 4 years of my personal financial records. Does anyone know of any way to recover the data? Since you have the actu...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

using access as a content management system for documents
Hello got a question for you all, I am using access to create a content management solution. initially it seems pretty easy i would create a table for each type of document template. and the fields in the table would be the different sections within the template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with those specific sections in the document. basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in the correct order and export that to a word document. here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold letter and different colors.. is there anyw...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

The Network Path was not found (Exchange 5.5)
I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) setup. It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services Licensing). I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange Administrator). When I click on the following tabs I get the message: "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER' could not be accessed" "The network path could not be found" "Microsoft Windows NT" ID no:0xc0020035" Any idea what this means and how to fix it? The server works fine and we are able to send a...

Exchange system manager on fresh XP SP2 laptop
Hello, How do I get the Exchange 2003 system manager console installed on a freshly loaded XP Service Pack 2 workstation?? It keeps complaining about the NNTP service and .Net Framework 1.1... The frame work IS loaded, but I can't figure out what to do with NNTP.. Troy Sounds like it is trying to install the whole kit and caboodle and not just the management software. It might also be an issue with XP SP2 being unable to connect to the WINS server or to the Exchange server. "Troy Bruder" <N0-Spam-troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OoZAS6UgEHA.34...

Your account does not have access to the forums system.
Well, that certainly didn't take long. I've been kicked out of the "social" forums. Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well. http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif Example... http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c Go figure... <LOL> Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday : > Well, that certainly didn't take long. > > I've been kicked out of the "social" forums. > > Apparently, the la...

RetrieveGlobals9.dll FAILED to register
on a machine with XP SP2, while using regsvr32 to register retrieveblobals9.dll it failed with: Return code was: 0x80004005 any advice is much appreciated. All links on Error Code: 0x80004005 points to one common issue: Administrator Privilege needs to be there for the user who is trying to register the DLL. I have no other suggestion for time being. -- Thanks Vaidy http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com "HFLo" wrote: > on a machine with XP SP2, > while using regsvr32 to register retrieveblobals9.dll > it failed with: > Return code was: 0x80004005 > > any advice...

Cannot backup pst file
When I try to copy my personal folders pst file to a jump drive I get a message that reads "Cannot copy outlook" the process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." Outlook is closed when this happens. How can I remedy this? Thanks for your helpo. -- Jim Correction. Outlook is not closed. Something is keeping it open. Look in Task Manager if you don't believe me. Recall the things that keep Outlook from exiting completely: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 3. COM Ad...

Outlook Express works, Outlook doesn't on only one XP system
I have two XP client systems and my own Linux mail server. The XP Pro system can use Outlook to access mail. But the XP Home system can use Outlook Express but not Outlook, although setup seems the same. When sending a test message in Outlook, it finds the server, but both send and receive fail, saying the server didn't respond (check ports and SSL). Not using SSL, and the ports are standard. What's more, Outlook Express on the same client connects and works fine. I've checked the DNS, the routing, ping, firewall, etc. (XP firewall disabled, Linux firewall open to LAN.) What's ...

how do i backup email messages to disk?
how do i backup email messages in outlook 2000 to disk? ...

Accounting System Integration--Which System is Best?
We are considering implementing RMS in our store. One concern is the fact that it does not have an integrated accounting system, and, from what I have seen on this forum, there isn't one made to dovetail with RMS. What are the pros and cons of the different options for integration? If there is a web site or white paper that addresses the whole QB5 vs. QB6 vs. Great Plains et al decision tree, a link to it would be most appreciated. Thank you. ...