Protection Group not using both tape drives

I have a protection group setup to backup directly to tape. It involves
multiple servers and volumes. I have 2 LTO4 drives but only 1 is being used.
The other drive is idle. Should the protection group not be utilizing both
available drives?

I guess the way the protection wizard works, you can only select one device for long term protection. If it happens to be an autoloader then you are ok. If it's two drives, then I reckon you can only pick one.

What I would do is setup 2 groups and backup each one to an individual drive (say half the amount of servers in each group).

baxford wrote:

Protection Group not using both tape drives
27-Feb-10

I have a protection group setup to backup directly to tape. It involves
multiple servers and volumes. I have 2 LTO4 drives but only 1 is being used.
The other drive is idle. Should the protection group not be utilizing both
available drives?

SharePoint - Managing Unused or Archive sites automatically
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/96bf1f1c-ab6f-43f1-9a5b-a2a8deb60cad/sharepoint--managing-unu.aspx
0
Dominic
2/28/2010 10:01:10 AM
I'm an idiot. That protection group I only had 1 drive allocated.

"Dominic Winter" wrote:

> I guess the way the protection wizard works, you can only select one device for long term protection. If it happens to be an autoloader then you are ok. If it's two drives, then I reckon you can only pick one.
>
> What I would do is setup 2 groups and backup each one to an individual drive (say half the amount of servers in each group).
>

> baxford wrote:
>
> Protection Group not using both tape drives
> 27-Feb-10
>
> I have a protection group setup to backup directly to tape. It involves
> multiple servers and volumes. I have 2 LTO4 drives but only 1 is being used.
> The other drive is idle. Should the protection group not be utilizing both
> available drives?

> SharePoint - Managing Unused or Archive sites automatically
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/96bf1f1c-ab6f-43f1-9a5b-a2a8deb60cad/sharepoint--managing-unu.aspx
> .

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Why are all my Excel docs in Google Groups opening as Read Only?
It looks like the Excel docs are all Excel 97-2003 files. I'm on Vista. Is this a compatability issue? The Google Group admin for these docs says it is not an issue with the security access level. ...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Using Photo Watermarks
I wish to use a colour photo as a watermark in the design of a DVD insert when using Publisher 2000. However, as the colours are strong, the title text (in black) in the foreground is difficult to read. How can I make the colours paler so as to make the title text more legible? It seems to be possible to do this when using clip art and a single colour, but not photos. The only possible solution I have found is to convert the photo to grey scale, and then use the colour palette to choose the intensity of the grey. BUT - I want to retain the colours. All suggestions gratefully received. Sp...

How to I use ** without Excel thinking I want to type a formula?
I am using Excel (Office 2003) to create a table and I need to use two of these: * to indicate significant results for a research study. How do I tell Excel that I just want to display this symbol after a three digit number without it thinking I want to type a formula? Turn off Lotus transition under tools>options>transition and uncheck transition formula entry Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Buff" wrote: > I am using Excel (Office 2003) to create a table and I need to use two of > these: * to indicate significant results for a research study. How do I tell > Excel th...

Using an external reference to a filename as a date
Hi, I am just new to this forum and am in great need of help :-) I am trying to create an external reference to an excel file called... 'OS orders 15-06-04.xls'. The formula I am wanting to use (shortene for simplicity) is... =VLOOKUP($a$1,[OS orders 15-06-04.xls]OS Sales orders'!$I:$S,4,false) I am trying to create a macro that will write this formula, copy th formula over a wide range of blank cells, then copy and paste th values for presentation with other information. My problem is... the date in the external references filename change everyday 'OS orders *15-06-04*.xls...

grouping dates in pivot table
I have an outstanding checklist which contains two accounts (account 2110 and 2189) I have created a pivot table using the date of the check on the left, the account on top and the amounts as the data. Example Account 2110 2189 Date 7/3/04 105 176 7/6/04 116 218 8/3/04 786 197 8/7/04 214 767 I am trying to group the dates so it will read total amount of outstanding checks for the month. Example: Account 2110 2189 Date July '04 ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

How add a Label in the subjet of the mails send to a Group? .Help
I�m trying to put a Label in the subject of the mails send to a specific group. like yahoogroups. When a send a mail to the Financial Department, i want that in the subject appears a Label Like [Fianacials] or somthing similar. How can i do this performance??? Thanks. ...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Using Trend
I have data like this: A B A B A B A B 1 10 2 20 3 30 4 ? The trend formula is =trend (known y, [known x],new x) Generally we select the known y values which are in continuous cells, and then select known x values, after which for a new x value – y-values could be estimated. But is there any way that this could be done by selecting y and x – values which are in non-contiguous cells( like values if present in alternative cells) Thanks Answered under separate threads in charting and programming newsgroups. Jerry vijaya wrote: > I have data like th...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

what is the use of this

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Problem with the first use of the deployment manager
Hi everybody, I'm in charge of the installation and the implementation of MS CRM in an IT services company and I face some problems. I will be very grateful, if you could bring me some help. So I will try to explain my problem clearly: I installed MS CRM on a virtual server, trying to respect all the precautions recommended by Microsoft. After the install, I go to the user manager (in the deployment manager), and: - My first surprise was to see that a system administrator account doesn't appear. - So I try to add one, but the pop-up which lists the AD Users, doesn't seem t...

Using a directory of photos like a Mail merge
So I have designed a card, but on every card one graphic will change. In the middle of my card is a picture of one of my students. I have a directory of all the photos I want to use. Is their a way to make this work like a mail merge so I do not have to change the picture for the card all 150 times? What version Publisher? If you are using 2003 or 2007 the catalog merge might be your answer. Create a field in your database for a picture, for example, billsmith.jpg Create a folder with both your database and pictures included. That way you won't have to type the paths. Help here, th...

Unable to group rows or columns on an excel worksheet
I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was emailed to me by a co-worker. It's an existing file so I don't know what restrictions were placed on the workbook. What can I do to fix this problem? If the sheet is protected, unprotect it. You may need a password. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BDA314-BE7...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Sharing or Forwarding a Group Contact
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I would like to be able to email/forward a contact group. Is this possible? On 3/11/10 9:36 AM, Gigi@officeformac.com wrote: > I would like to be able to email/forward a contact group. Is this > possible? Sorry, this feature is not available in Entourage. You can do this workaround though: 1) Create a new mail message and add your contact group to the To field. 2) Select File --> Save to save this new message to your Drafts folder. 3) Create a new mail message to t...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

Excel Sheet Protection
I am trying to protect a spreadsheet from any editing, while allowing the user to use the autofilter and sorting function. I tried checking the "Use AutoFilter" and "Sort" checkboxes in the Protect Sheet dialog box to protect the document. It does allow you to filter records based on selecting a value from the drop down list box of the autofilter, but it does not allow me to sort. Please help! If you have locked cells that are in the range to sort, then checking that box in the tools|Protection|protect sheet dialog won't work for you. You may want to provid...