Problems backup Sharepoint Services 3.0 with DPM2010

Hello,

I have a new install of a DPM2010 Beta (after a failed update from DPM2007)
und try to backup my Sharepoint Services Server.
Config of the Sharepoint machine is:

Windows 2008 SP2 (german)
Sharepoint Services 3.0 SP2 (german)

I have installed the agent manually (uninstalled old agent before) on this
machine and connect the agent to the new DPM server.
Now the problem: If I run the "configuresharepoint.exe" command I get the
error message:

The specified account domain\account could not configured for SharePoint
Protection. HRESULT = 0x800703e5

If I try to set up a protection group with the server as datasource the
following message appears:

The operation failed because an error occurred while enumerating the data
source for Sharepoint Services Writer.

Check to see that the data source specified in the error message is online
and accessible.

ID: 921
Details: Unknown error (0x8013151a) (0x8013151A)

Searched around for a few hours but cannot find any hint. Can anybody help?

Thank you and regards,

C.-P. Malek

This is a known issue in DPM 2010 Beta. It has been fixed in the later
builds.

The issue repros on localized SharePoint Front-End.

There is a workaround though. On the Front-End server:

1) Go to "%commonprogramfiles%\Microsoft Shared\web server
extensions\12\BIN", and run "stsadm -o registerwsswriter" command.

2) If the user with which you installed dpm agent is not an admin, then give
full permissions to the user on:

    a) DPM folder (%programfiles%\Microsoft Data Protection Manager)

    b) Registry Key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data
Protection Manager)

3) Change wsscmdletswrapper dcom class's identity to the farm admin

    a) From the command prompt, run dcomcnfg.
    b) Under Component Services->Computers->My Computers->DCOM Config,
search for the WSSCmdletWrapper object.

    c) Right-click the object and select Properties.
    d) On the Identity tab, enter the credentials of the farm admin.

4) Go to directory "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727", and run
"regasm.exe %programfiles%\Microsoft Data Protection
Manager\DPM\bin\WSSCmdlets.dll". (For WSS4/O14, register WSS4Cmdlets.dll
instead)

"cpm" <cpm@21up-nospam.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a new install of a DPM2010 Beta (after a failed update from
> DPM2007)
> und try to backup my Sharepoint Services Server.
> Config of the Sharepoint machine is:
>
> Windows 2008 SP2 (german)
> Sharepoint Services 3.0 SP2 (german)
>
> I have installed the agent manually (uninstalled old agent before) on this
> machine and connect the agent to the new DPM server.
> Now the problem: If I run the "configuresharepoint.exe" command I get the
> error message:
>
> The specified account domain\account could not configured for SharePoint
> Protection. HRESULT = 0x800703e5
>
> If I try to set up a protection group with the server as datasource the
> following message appears:
>
> The operation failed because an error occurred while enumerating the data
> source for Sharepoint Services Writer.
>
> Check to see that the data source specified in the error message is online
> and accessible.
>
> ID: 921
> Details: Unknown error (0x8013151a) (0x8013151A)
>

> Searched around for a few hours but cannot find any hint. Can anybody
> help?
>

> Thank you and regards,
>
> C.-P. Malek

0
Mustafa

Office 2003 Service Pack 1
After installing Office 2003 server pack 1 users are unable to view public folders via Outlook 2003 desktop client. Does anyone know if there is a fix available or how to fix this issue?? ...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

3-Color Scale Vlookup for Current Month/Previous/Pre-Previous
Is it possible to Conditionally Format a cell so that the colors are based off of VLOOKUP's? What I mean is I have a table on another tab and it has by month how complete the build is. I want the conditional format to color the percent of the current month red, percent of previous month yellow and pre-previous month green. I tried putting the formula =("41227-1",BuildData,18,FALSE) as the current, = ("41227-1",BuildData,17,FALSE) as the previous, and = ("41227-1",BuildData,16,FALSE) as the pre-previous. However, it uses only the cells value to colo...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

Backup DNS
Hi , I have a 2003 Server with DNS installed How can i backup DNS (non Active Directory-integrated)? Thanks You'll find the zone files (as text files) in %SystemRoot%\System32\DNS\ Configuration is stored in the registry under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DNS You might export that, or you might rely on the system state. Chris ZIDAC wrote: > Hi , > > I have a 2003 Server with DNS installed > > How can i backup DNS (non Active Directory-integrated)? > > Thanks > xcopy %systemroot%\system32\dns destina...

CRM 4.0 Outlook RPC pver http
hi, A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees have Outlook configured using RPC over http. These users can use CRM using the web client and need access thru outlook. Is RPC over http supported in CRM 4.0 ? What are the issues involved in getting Outlook to work with CRM 4.0 ? I am yet to review the implementation guide for this situation, any other blog or guide I need to refer ? Thanks in advance. On Aug 14, 1:53=A0am, ShawnK <Sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > > A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees...

Excel problem #3

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Search #3
Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook. (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted soliciters). This does not happen on any of my installations. Please be more specific with when and how this happens - detail the steps to reproduce the situation as I am unable to do so based on your post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

Bank Deposit #3
We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits from the Bank Deposit Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Recovering Contacts from BackUp Exec
I need to recover a contacts file from Backup Exec into Exchange but, the contacts file is from an older version of Exchange (2000 small business) and the backup was taken using an older version of Backup Exec (Version8.5), and I've since upgraded our Exchange to Enterprise 2003. While Backup Exec 8.5 allows me to redirect the files, I would like to know if any has anyone had any experience of a similar scenario? I suspect this will work, but don't wish to take any chances. Any help would be appreciated. Mark. "contacts file "? Do you mean the contacts...

outlook attachments #3
My aunt cannot get her attachments to come up. When you click on the paper clip the file menu comes up. The problem is that when you click on the file itself, it will not open. What should I do. Thanks for your time. Colton Does the attachment line say "OE removed access to the folloing unsafe attachments in your mail: <filename.typ>"? I am having a problem with receiving Excel 5.0 files from my wife. OE 6.0 wont let me receive them :-(, I am stuck on what to do. Does anyone know how to reduce protection limits in OE 6.0? >-----Original Message----- >My aun...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...