One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM

We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major
problems.  Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that
will be housing 4 HyperV VMs.

For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to
sync correctly.  I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV
machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host
drive.

The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error.  It will try an
initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data transferred.
 (Generally no more than 100-200MB), but will continue to say it's running
for days.  If you cancel the job and look at the protection setup you will
see a large amount of data used  in the replica volume.

Unfortunately there are no errors logged on either the host or DPM server.
The jobs will eventually time-out with a 'replica inconsistent' message, but
it doesn't seem to provide any more information.

As an additional test, I re-associated the client machine with our other DPM
server and have experienced identical results.  So I am fairly confident that
the problem is on the host machine.   Other than Windows updates and
installing the HyperV role, the server is basically brand new.

Any ideas?  Any further details I can provide?

Figured it out... TCP offload was the problem.  Things seem to be working
great now.

"TroyH15" wrote:

> We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major
> problems.  Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that
> will be housing 4 HyperV VMs.
>
> For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to
> sync correctly.  I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV
> machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host
> drive.
>
> The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error.  It will try an
> initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data transferred.
>  (Generally no more than 100-200MB), but will continue to say it's running
> for days.  If you cancel the job and look at the protection setup you will
> see a large amount of data used  in the replica volume.
>
> Unfortunately there are no errors logged on either the host or DPM server.
> The jobs will eventually time-out with a 'replica inconsistent' message, but
> it doesn't seem to provide any more information.
>
> As an additional test, I re-associated the client machine with our other DPM
> server and have experienced identical results.  So I am fairly confident that
> the problem is on the host machine.   Other than Windows updates and
> installing the HyperV role, the server is basically brand new.
>
> Any ideas?  Any further details I can provide?
Chimney seems to be a problem with several technologies!

"TroyH15" wrote:

> Figured it out... TCP offload was the problem.  Things seem to be working
> great now.
>

> "TroyH15" wrote:
>
> > We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major
> > problems.  Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that
> > will be housing 4 HyperV VMs.
> >
> > For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to
> > sync correctly.  I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV
> > machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host
> > drive.
> >
> > The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error.  It will try an
> > initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data transferred.
> >  (Generally no more than 100-200MB), but will continue to say it's running
> > for days.  If you cancel the job and look at the protection setup you will
> > see a large amount of data used  in the replica volume.
> >
> > Unfortunately there are no errors logged on either the host or DPM server.
> > The jobs will eventually time-out with a 'replica inconsistent' message, but
> > it doesn't seem to provide any more information.
> >
> > As an additional test, I re-associated the client machine with our other DPM
> > server and have experienced identical results.  So I am fairly confident that
> > the problem is on the host machine.   Other than Windows updates and
> > installing the HyperV role, the server is basically brand new.
> >
> > Any ideas?  Any further details I can provide?
Troy, can I ask what settings you changed to get this working?  was this on
the DPM server or the HyperV Host?

Thanks.

Chris

"TroyH15" wrote:

> Figured it out... TCP offload was the problem.  Things seem to be working
> great now.
>

> "TroyH15" wrote:
>
> > We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major
> > problems.  Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that
> > will be housing 4 HyperV VMs.
> >
> > For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to
> > sync correctly.  I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV
> > machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host
> > drive.
> >
> > The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error.  It will try an
> > initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data transferred.
> >  (Generally no more than 100-200MB), but will continue to say it's running
> > for days.  If you cancel the job and look at the protection setup you will
> > see a large amount of data used  in the replica volume.
> >
> > Unfortunately there are no errors logged on either the host or DPM server.
> > The jobs will eventually time-out with a 'replica inconsistent' message, but
> > it doesn't seem to provide any more information.
> >
> > As an additional test, I re-associated the client machine with our other DPM
> > server and have experienced identical results.  So I am fairly confident that
> > the problem is on the host machine.   Other than Windows updates and
> > installing the HyperV role, the server is basically brand new.
> >
> > Any ideas?  Any further details I can provide?

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Will not all me to add new records
Hi, When I click to add new record it gives me a message "Can't go to specified recordset. You may be at the end of a recordset." I am using one table. Thanks Linda Hi Linda, I'm not sure about the second part but the part about Can't go to Specific Record usually means you have one or more of the fields on your form set to "Required" so the database will not let you go to a new record unless the field the is required is filled in. "Linda" wrote: > Hi, > > When I click to add new record it gives me a message "Can't go to ...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

Errors Configuring Outlook to POP3 Server
I am trying to configure my Outlook to a POP3 server. When I send a message to my Outlook, this is the error message I am receiving: Unable to logon on to server using Distributed Password Authentication. Server response: ERR authorization first. Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong. Does the server support Distributed Password Authentication? If you are not sure, try removing that check mark and then try again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

Multiple FE server using SSL
Trying to understand before we go there, when you have multiple FE 2003 servers, how do they share the one certificate? TIA! / Per Install the certificate on the first front-end server. Then export the certificate and import it on the subsequent servers. Of course this certificate should be created for the OWA URL, not the server name. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message news:eeBqUKh%23GHA.4268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Trying to understand before we ...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Can't sync with Pocket Money 2004
For a long time, I have successfully synchronized Money 2004 with my Audiovox Maestro (running Pocket PC 2002). Today I decided to switch to a Toshiba e805 (running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition). I have installed Pocket Money 2004 on it, but nevertheless ActiveSync refuses to let me synchronize my desktop Money file with the e805. ActiveSync lists Microsoft Money Data as a possible synchronization type, but WITH NO CHECKBOX! What's wrong? Try running salvage (repair) on the dataset on your desktop. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Lawrence G. Mayka" <lgmayka000@am...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Firewall is blocking HQ client/server over VPN
I have a VPN connection bet the store and my laptop which has HQ. When I am in my store's network, HQ client and server communicates fine. But from outside, the VPN is connecting but the Windows firewall on my laptop is blocking the communication from HQ client. To isolate the problem, when I turn off the firewall, it does indeed connect. The Windows firewall has RMS Server and Manager as exceptions as well as port 34200 and 34202 open. What else do I have to do to the firewall? I hear the port for SQL should not be open. You have answered your own question: RMS communicates with...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed during 4.0 upgrade Options
I posted this in CRM Deployment, but now answers so far: Hello All, Had gotten the error message that "Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed - the user or group name DOMAIN\User1 is not recognized." during a 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade in TEST environment. I choose ignore and the upgrade ran through. I identified that a former developer had assigned Publisher rights at the home level within SRS. The developers account name has changed since then. Now there are no reports listed when choosing the REPORTS within CRM. There was also the error below in the app log. Any ideas how to p...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

Keeping Default POP3 Virtual Server from Stopping
Exchange Server 2003. Windows Server 2003. I am new to Exchange Server. It appears that for folks outside our LAN to be able to connect a POP3 email account to our server, the Defualt POP3 Virtual Server must be running. I found this in the Exchange System manage under Servers>(Our Server)>Protocols>POP3>Default POP3 Virtual Server. I manually started this virtual server and folks could connect (login) to the POP3 server. When this virtual server is stopped, they cannot login. MY PROBLEM AND QUESTION. It seems that when I reboot the Windows server, that this Default ...

transferring money from one computer to another
Folks, I just got this laptop which I really like, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new computer. I downloaded the program and did not get the CD for it. Is there a way to do it? Both of these computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't figure it out. Thanks! Govind... There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I always recommend against "download" installations. &qu...

One-to-one relationship
I am importing a DB from Filemaker with info about students (names, address, etc.). There is just one table and because it has been used for many years, it cannot be changed. I have created another table for additional student enrollment information. I have created a one-to-one relationship between the two tables using an autonumber primary key in the student table and a number primary key in the enrollment table. I have created two forms to add information to the tables. All new students are added via the old student form first. When I switch to the new student form, I can...

mstsc fails to connect on one of two laptops
I have to nearly identical HP laptops. Both are the same model, both are running Vista64 Home Premium. With mstsc, I can connect to my XP Pro SP3 system with no trouble at all. But on the other one, the connection fails with an illuminating "Cannot connect" message. No details as to why. I tried copying the Default.rdb file from the machine that can connect to the other one. That made no difference. I tried connecting as a different user, creating another .rdp file, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Jason In article <#UUSfR4wKHA.3564@TK2MS...