New Blog post: How to automatically protect new Virtual Machines using a script

DPM users!

We had a great question come into the DPM Newsgroup recently. How do I
automatically protect new VMs added to a Hyper-V host using DPM?

In any virtualized environment, adding new VMs is a frequent operation.
While backup administrators can protect an entire Hyper-V host using the DPM
Management Console, the protection group had to be modified manually to
include the new virtual machines that have come up on the Hyper-V host.

We have prepared a script that can automatically picks any new Virtual
Machine added to the server. The script along with how to use it is
mentioned in a blog post available here:

http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/

Please go ahead and use the script in your environments, and let me know if
you have any questions.

Thanks,
--Angad.

Angad

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

placing credit memos on the RM Cash Posting Journal
Hello: An end user would like for credit memos that have been applied to invoices to be displayed on the RM Cash Receipts Posting Journal. This is the report that prints when a cash receipt is posted. There is a TK article on modifiying this report, but it does not allow for adding credit memos. The credit memos would come from the Apply From Document Number field on the RM20101 (Apply Open) table. I have tried doing this modification in Report Writer with such things as calculated fields. But, no success. Any ideas? childofthe1980s ...

Exclusive use Problem
My office is having a problem with multiple individuals in a file at the same time. These files are supposed to be in an exclusive use format where one individual has the file locked for editing. Others are supposed to be only able to view the file in read only format. Sometimes there is a glitch and two people on the network will be allowed to be in the file at the same time, and both will be allowed to make changes within the file. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks. ...

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

Default properties for new folders

Problems using xs:anyAttribute in a base class
I using anyAttribute in a base class and this is causing problems in a derived class. I then use xsd to generate C# classes that serialize and deserialze XML. The following schema is what I'm using: <xs:complexType name="BaseType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ObjectID" type="xs:integer" /> <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="strict" /> </xs:complexT...

How do I create a master set using my own design?
I don't like any of the selections for master sets. How do I design a master set using my own design? Open help, search for custom scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lainee" <Lainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F3AC2D-107A-4709-BC37-CE91F58583B1@microsoft.com... >I don't like any of the selections for master sets. How do I design a master > set using my own design? ...

automatic selecting the highest cell #2
I'm sorry for being a bit confusing, I did even manage to confus myself, as I gave you wrong directions. Now I've uploaded a picture of my spreadsheet, so hopefully you'r fully able to understand what I want to do. First I would like to explain what this is this is at speardsheet fo value betting. Column B:D are my percentage evaluation for the outcome of an match. Column F:H are odds generated of my evaluation. Column J:L are the bookmakers odds for the same matches Column N:P are the given value (difference between my and th bookmakers odds) a value over 100% indicates that ...

New Email Messages

error LNK2001 using Winsock in a class
*VC++ 6.0 *command line application using MFC I would like to use the Winsock API functions in a simple class ("CComm"). Example Program: #include <winsock2.h> //#include <winsock.h> CComm::CComm() { // Initialize Winsock. WSADATA wsaData; m_dwErr = WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2,2), &wsaData); } The linker returns the following error when including "winsock2.h": Comm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAStartup@8 or when including "winsock.h" instead of "winsock2.h": Comm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved externa...

Split transactions being filled in automatically
Hi I'm trying to use "split transactions" in the category area and I'm running into problems. eg; I enter eg. Walmart as the payee. As soon as I hit enter, the category section fills in as a "split" category --with all kinds of information that I had previously filled in--from a previously entered split transaction (ie probably the last entry I entered as a split for Walmart.) I then have to delete all the information that was entered and fill in the correct information. I have looked all over the place to change this "automatic fillin" but I c...

New Location/New setup

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

unable to delete mail selected by using OWA
Hi All, I am having problem in deleting mails from inbox. My mail server is SBS 2003 - Exchange server 2003. some mails from Info@xxxxxxx.com are not able to delete, whenever I try to delete, I am getting "400 Bad Request" and "SOme Items can't be deleted,They were either moved,already deleted,or access was denied." and I can not block this mails as the domain name keep changing. All our clients are using OWA. Please help us and suggest solution for this issue. Is there any patch or fix up available ? Thank you, Mani. Info Tech Systems Manager Naval Exchange ...

reacurance task to have automaticly a reminder
When I have task set to reacurre, when I mare it done it would regenarate but with out a reminder. Any help would be appriciated. ( I allreade posted this in another trend (How do I setup daily reminders with task) ...

Using DoCmd.SendObject
Hi, My default e-mail client is outlook2007 and configured to connect to an Exchange server.Is there any possibility of DoCmd.SendObject open Vista Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2007? If no, can someone tell me another procedure to do that. Thanks CJA Tony Toews has some good info here about various approaches to sending email from Access: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "CJA" <car...

Adding new pages

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...