MSX 2010 with DPM 2010 RC

I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM
2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window 'Specify Exchange DAG Protection'
comes the message "The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy
backup because it is either a standalone Mailbox DB or a replica (ID: 52528).
What's the problem?

Regards

Wolfgang

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:19:01 -0700, WKrauss
<WKrauss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM
>2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window 'Specify Exchange DAG Protection'
>comes the message "The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy
>backup because it is either a standalone Mailbox DB or a replica (ID: 52528).
>What's the problem?
>
>Regards
>
>Wolfgang
You don't have a DAG. You have a standalone Exchange server so you
can't use Copy backup, only Full.
That said, the answer was too obvious so I'm thinking your question
was a little more detailed than you actually wrote..........
0
Mark

DPM2010 Exchange 2010 with DAG
Hi to all ; Got a problem about DPM 2010 and Agent install on Exchange2010 with DAG (database availability group ).From DPM 2010 console i couldnot install agent.Then i manually installed Agent to Exchange 2010 and manually started DPMRA service aonExchange 2010 server.The firewall is off on both servers,The vmi service is running on all of the servers. Then i tried to attach the server to DPM 2010 with "Attach-ProductionServer.ps1" from shell (since i couldnot do it also from the DPM 2010 console) then it gave me the error below .. There is failure while attac...

BUG: DPM 2010 RC
REPRO: -------- 1.) Setup 10 Hyper-V Childs on a High-End Server 2.) Install DPM2010 RA on these childs 3.) Wait for xx:00 / xx:30 and watch PerfMon 4.) DPM Service / TrustedInstaller will break RTC services for 1-5 seconds KEEP IN MIND: ----------------- - New Feature "Run a constistency check..." should be disabled for all PGs for RePro, because this generates well-known additional CPU load. This is out of focus. - No Issues if you use DPM 2007 instead. QUESTION: ------------- 1.) Is this a known Beta/RC issue which will be addressed with RTM? 2.) Can this &qu...

Scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document
How do I scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document? Thanks Partha One at a time - unless you are using OCR software that has a multi-page facility. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "mcp111" <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Offline Defrag MSX 5.5
IF you have a Priv.edb that is registering 40gb, and you know you only have 8gb of mailbox storage on the server, does the offline defrag time (1-2gb and hour) refer to the actual database size or the registered size?... Also, how can I view the Size of all attachments (Singe- instance storage) I have on any given server? My guess that it refers to the amount of data, that database contains. Ando wrote: > IF you have a Priv.edb that is registering 40gb, and you > know you only have 8gb of mailbox storage on the server, > does the offline defrag time (1-2gb and hour) refer ...

Search for my questions in 2010
When I do I search for my discussion questions (by searching for my username), I don't get any results for 2010 (even though I have submitted several questions in 2010 that have been answered). Is there a setting that I have to change in order to be able to retrieve my 2010 discussions? Click on your name in the post and then recent posts. I can see 8 posts in 2010 by you. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "KrispyData" wrote: > When I do I search for my discussion questions (by searching for my &...

DPM 2010 and CSV
I have a 5 node Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster hosting about 40 vm's. I setup DPM 2010 to backup the vm's and the cluster failed due to lost communications. Found a couple hotfixes that appear to address the issue, KB974909 and KB975354. Both have been applied and i am ready to start backing up the vm's again. But in my research i came accross the DPM Beta doc on backing up Hyper-v with CSV and found a registry key that it looks like i need to add. The document says to add the following key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\2.0\Config...

I cannot enable Send To OneNote from Outlook 2010 Beta to OneNote
My Send to OneNote button disappeared after Outlook reported some error when it started. The error seemed to be related to OneNote 2007, so I uninstalled Office 2007. But now I cannot get the Send To OneNote button to appear again in Outlook 2010. First, it is very hard to find *where* to enable this. I finally found the AddIn "OneNote Notes about Outlook Items" in the "Innactive Application AddIns" list. I had to both ENABLE it (under Manage Disabled AddIns) and set it to start (under Manage COM AddIns). But after exiting and restarting Outlook 2010 the...

Extender in GP 2010
A great new feature in Extender for GP 2010 is the stand alone Forms that you can create. I am currently testing GP 2010 prior to upgrading from V9 and created some Extender forms. My question is how do the users get access to it. I know it can be opened from within the Extender “developer” tool, but how can you put the form on a menu or another shortcut? Surely the users should not have to go to the developer tool to do this but that is the way it looks like after reading the documentation. Thanks -- Pieter Hi Pieter, We can create menu using extender 2010. Create n...

msx 2000 system attendent
hi, i've the problem discribed in the knowledgebase articel 834318. there's the solution to bring up the post sp3 patches. i've done that, but the problem is still on! after one hour of this, the information store is shut down! has anyone an solution for this problem! tia wolfgang peschta ...

MSX 5.5 isinteg report
Recently the private IS on our MSX 5.5 server (SP4) went over the size limit and crashed. One admin ran an offline defrag and was able to get the IS service going. We then had users clear out about 4GB of space, and we defragged again. Priv.edb is now down to about 12GB. Since the crash, there have been a variety of random problems with variuos users' email. I ran isinteg -pri - test, and the report gave over 1,000 WARNINGS, but no ERRORS. We are wondering if we should run isinteg with the -fix option, but there is not a lot of good documentation on it. Any suggestions would be h...

Page Breaks in OneNote 2010
Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break. Thanks for pointing to thi...

DPM 2010 to DPM 2010 DR on Windows 2008R2 not available?
Hi I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to select the agent under the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version, thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for Protection" Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary DPM server to protect the primary? If I am not mistaken, you are trying to locate the...

project 2010 timeline view
Hello, What is the purpose of the timeline view? Where you add in specific tasks. Why arn't all tasks in it? Why would you only want to see some tasks? thanks Greg -- In the future, please ask your Project 2010 questions in the following newsgroup: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads To answer your question, the Timeline view allows you to show a timeline of your project and show only the tasks you want to see as either bars or Callouts. To add any task to the Timeline view, right-click on the name of the task a...

DPM 2007
Hi All, Can someone please confirm, is it possible to protect certain folders of a Windows XP Pro machine using DPM 2007? I've installed the Agent, but when browsing the volumes, I can't navigate any further than C:\, on our servers we can select any folder we like. Thanks, Ben http://www.2way.net.au Something I have discovered which is strange. I have the following folder structure on the XP machine: C:\Data\Development C:\Data\Software If I share the Data folder, I get an error when trying to modify the protection group stating "DPM cannot access the...

Office 2010 required for SharePoint 2010?
Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users still be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? An answer could be found at the Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 "Paul K" <PaulK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E134C33-8756-4CF0-B241-54BC0EFD0C9C@microsoft.com... > Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users > still > be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? ...

OL 2010 Date (Conversation) view
Hi - can't seem to find a way to fix this in Outlook 2010. My Inbox is set up to group incoming mail by date (Today, Yesterday, Last week, etc). In this new version, it also groups conversations by subject. I thought this was pretty cool, however, it groups unrelated conversations. Meaning, if I have two different senders send me a message, and the subject from both is "Hello" - all of the emails with that subject heading are grouped together. If the list is not expanded, it only shows one name in the From field - so, I have to remember that I had an email from anot...

Visual Studio 2010 Quirk?
I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the Solution Explorer. Add New Folder. Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder. They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh. If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder, but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view shows both!! Really strange.... I cant e...

MSX 2010 with DPM 2010 RC
I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM 2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window 'Specify Exchange DAG Protection' comes the message "The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy backup because it is either a standalone Mailbox DB or a replica (ID: 52528). What's the problem? Regards Wolfgang On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:19:01 -0700, WKrauss <WKrauss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM >2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window '...

Where is the scanning feature in office 2010?
Cannot locate the feature to allow scanning in Office 2010 beta, particularly, Publisher. Look in the Organizer, File, Add Clips to Organizer, From scanner or camera. You access the Organizer from Start, Microsoft Office Tools. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Office User" <Office User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B736813-885B-438D-A229-6F50E8A086BC@microsoft.com... > Cannot locate the feature to allow scanning in Office 2010 beta, > particularly, Publisher. ...

Slow Attachments MSX 5.5 sp4.
I am having an issue with folks attaching files that seem odd. When they send the file to a DL it takes about 5 minutes to send. Then when the recipients try to open it right away, outlook hangs then eventually opens the attachment. Exchange 5.5 sp4 (5 servers in the site) Most desktops are using outlook 2k It seems that something is slowing down the committing process could it be MTA? cant find anything in the KB. Do you have antivirus installed on that machine? ANDO wrote: > I am having an issue with folks attaching files that seem > odd. When they send the file to a DL...

OneNote 2010 Mobile
Hello, It might be a really stupid question but how do I install OneNote Mobile from OneNote 2010 Beta (in ON2007 the option was in Settings)? Regards, Victor There is a new ONM application that is being tested separately from the public Beta of the Office 2010 applications, it's allegedly available for download at the Windows Mobile Marketplace but I can't find it via a search. At least this confirms what you're seeing - that it's not available from within ON like it was in previous versions. =?Utf-8?B?VmljdG9yIEh1cmR1Z2FjaQ==?= <Victor Hurdugac...

BCM 2010
Hi, I have serious problem with my BCM 2010 database. I have a BCM 2010 database instaled on one domain user profile (local database without any share). I change a domail and.... forgot to do backup... (I know, I know - idiot) I have 2 database files recovered from old user profile i I don't know what to do with them to mount this datadabe in new profile. I put them into new profile in the same place but I can't see them from BCM database menu or SQL. Anybody know how to mount this database in new user profile? Jack Do not multipost. So far you've post...

Microsoft Office 2010
If I'm in the wrong newsgroup I apologize, but I cannot find one for subject application. Microsoft had a free program to enable people who did not have 2007 installed on their computer to read it. Now I'm looking for a similar program to enable me to be able to read 2010 and can't find anything. Any suggestions? Ellin On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:50:41 -0400, Ellin wrote: > If I'm in the wrong newsgroup I apologize, but I cannot find one for > subject application. Microsoft had a free program to enable people who > did not have 2007 installed on the...

DPM 2010 RC Issues and Questions
We have been running DPM 2007 SP1 for over a year. It is running on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise machine called STORAGE1. A couple weeks ago, we did an inplace upgrade to DPM 2010RC. The upgrade went fine, and everything has been working as normal since the upgrade. The only thing strange I noticed at the time was that each computer item under each protection group said "Protection-Switched" after the upgrade. Everything was working, so I didn't look into it at the time. Today we installed a second brand new server with 2008 R2 and DPM 2010RC called DPMBACKU...

Office 2010
Is there a 32-bit and 64-bit MS Office 2010 in the market? Yes, TechNet/MSDN and Microsoft Volume License subscribers should be able download the product now. Retail is due mid June. I believe both flavors will be included in the retail package. "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:%23z5jgjJ$KHA.5916@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a 32-bit and 64-bit MS Office 2010 in the market? > You can go to www.microsoft.com and place an order now. "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message ...