Manually creating a replica

I have followed the article on TechNet on How to Manually Create a Replica
but I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if what I'm experiencing is normal.

At one of my sites, I have about 500MB of data that I would like to protect.
I have followed the steps to manually create the replica but when I start the
consistency check, the consistency check transfered all 500MB of data that I
already imported! Did I do something wrong? I thought the purpose of manually
importing the data is so that the initial replica doesn't go over the WAN.

Thanks,
Mike

Ok. I figured out what I did wrong. After mounting the volume, I copied the
files to the root and not the users folder that was two folder levels below.
Once I copied it to the correct location the consistency check only took a
few minutes.

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

> I have followed the article on TechNet on How to Manually Create a Replica
> but I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if what I'm experiencing is normal.
>
> At one of my sites, I have about 500MB of data that I would like to protect.
> I have followed the steps to manually create the replica but when I start the
> consistency check, the consistency check transfered all 500MB of data that I
> already imported! Did I do something wrong? I thought the purpose of manually
> importing the data is so that the initial replica doesn't go over the WAN.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Create Range of Visible Rows only
I would like to create a range containing only the visible rows in columns A:N. I can filter the list and then create a range but it selects all the hidden rows as well. Is there a way to restrict the range to just the visible rows? H Assume the range is A1:C25 Sub testVis() Dim rng As Range, c As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:C25") For Each c In rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) If c.Row.Hidden = True Then MsgBox "Not Working" Else MsgBox "Working" End If Next End Sub You should get Working only w...

Manual backup of exchange.
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy? Any help is appreciated. I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008. "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>...

which function is used when drag & drop to explorer, to create a legal filename ?
Hy to everybody ... and thx for your help. I have written a small tool to save my outlook E-mails to .msg files The filename of the .msg file is build on the SUBJECT of the mail But a lot of forbiden characters (for windows/DOS) could exist in this subject ! Then I need to replace them by ... for exemple '_' I'm using the <replace> command in VB but ... sometimes ... a bad characters continue to worry me. ;-)) When you drag & drop a mail from Outlook in the explorer, the "save" is done with a good filename based on the subject of the mail but WITHOUT the for...

Create Graphs using VBA
Hello, I trying to implement a routine to create Powerpoint slides using a function from Microsoft Knowledge base 200551. There are 2 prolblems I am having with this that I'm hoping someone here can help. I have included the code from this site below. The first one is the routine uses early binding to the the Powerpoint library so the intellisense doesn't work. I am going to need to make some modifications to this such as passing labels, changing chart types etc. and it would relly help if the intellisense was working. My efforts to change this have not been succe...

Create an if-then formula in Excel to limit column total?
I want to limit a column total to 100 percent if the column adds up to greater than 100 percent. Is there an if-then statement for Excel? You could use the MIN function. =MIN(100,SUM(A1:A10)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Nancy M" <Nancy M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64FB1BF8-A8BB-4B0E-99BA-AD5620899D20@microsoft.com... >I want to limit a column total to 100 percent if the column adds >up to > greater than 100 percent. Is there an if-then statement for > Excel? ...

Creating Add In Using VB 6 Error
I'm following the instructions in the customization guide: - using the example code to build activeX dll - ran regsvr32 - updated the reqistry for the hooks. Keep getting error - "Attempt to execute COM object 'project1.class1' failed. Could not create object". I have tried it on several machines and get same error - I must be missing something...........thanks ...

Display Charts Created In Excel In A Windows Form
Hi, I have several Excel files and each file has several Charts. I have a requirement where i have to display the chart with data points in a windows form. In my WinForms code iam able to access the chart object through the following code Excel.ChartObjects chCharts = (ChartObjects)oWorkSheet.ChartObjects(Missing.Value); Excel.ChartObject chChart = chCharts.Item(1); The problem is how do i use this ChartObject to be displayed in WinForm, I tried using the AxChartSpace control, but iam not able to add this chChartObject to it. The idea is to re-use the charts that has already been cr...

How do I feed info from invoice I created to a Spreadsheet
I want to create one template invoice to be used repeatedly, and each time a new invoice is created from that template, all of the info on the invoice will feed into an excel spreadsheet, the spreadsheet will summarize all of the invoices. You would need a macro to do this project of finding the next row on the destination sheet and copying there. Put it in the before print of the ThisWorkbook module. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "cjtaylor1969" <cjtaylor1969@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E98F25-A94B-4FB2-A17A-777DD18F7652@microsof...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

map created in Excel 2000
I have a user who created a report a few years ago. Basically what it boils down to is that it uses a US map and each state is color coded to reflect a certain range of data. Such as.. let's say the number of college grads per capita in one state is 900, then maybe that state shows as red b/c a range of 850 to 949 is designated by red. Maybe a range of 750-849 is designated by pink and so on down (and up) the line. Apparently this was a function that she stumbled across in Excel 2000 but she doesn't seem to be able to locate it in 2002 and I can't seem to figure it out...

Creating and destroying objects in different threads
A quick question that seems to be relevant to MFC ('cause the problem doesn't appear on non-MFC code): I have a program that creates objects in one thread, and then needs to destroy them in another. The destructor causes an exception to be thrown, but without any helpful information. I vaguely recall from when MFC became multithread friendly that there is an issue in the memory leak detection mechanisms; the lists of allocated blocks are kept in thread-local storage, so can't be accessed when a block is destroyed from a different thread. Is this the case? I can't bel...

Is there a PDF manual for 2003
It there a PDF Manual for Publisher 2003? Yvonne Publisher does not create PDF. Therefore, no Manual. If you have a PDF "printer" installed. All that is required is to Print and select the particular pdf printer. Your PDF creation program may have a Manual. For instance the Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional comes with a 23 page "Getting Started" booklet. However, there is an extensive Help menu. The free Win2PDF http://www.win2pdf.com also has reasonable Help menu as does the free PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com "YG" <ygresser2@yahoo.com.au> wrote in...

creating a CList
I was wondering if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong here. I get the error: error C2582: 'operator =' function is unavailable in 'CFormat_Data' which is true since I do not have a operator= as part of that class, but I am not really sure why it is even expecting it as I assigned values before I passed the class to the CList class. CFormat_Data formatData("223445.fmt","TCP","192.0.0.192",9600,0,8,1,0); MessageBox(formatData.GetIPAddress()); CList<CFormat_Data, CFormat_Data&> data; The message pretty much says it all. ...

POS USER MANUALS #2
Microsoft is not shipping user manuals with MS POS. Could some tell me where to find these user manuals? Thanks CBS I think you need to be a part of the service plan at least to access this, but I have posted a link to the users guide below: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/userguides/ Best of luck! -- Thank You Vince :) "CLBSCOTT@MINDSPRING.COM" wrote: > Microsoft is not shipping user manuals with MS POS. Could some tell me > where to find these user manuals? > Thanks > CBS > > Hi Vince, User manuals for MS POS is not one o...

I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003
I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003. Is there one which came with the program? I have not been able to find one. I looked for a *.CHM file but don't know the name of it. A manual would give me the opportunity to learn Outlook from beginning to end. Many thanks. Start with F1 or Help "kboy" <kboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E798FC0-5003-4BA6-A129-AA2769AB6506@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003. Is there one which came with >the > program? I have not been able to find one. I looked for a *.CHM file but >...

Run duplicate manually by user
I am using Microsoft crm 4 , I have already crate a role to check duplicate company name between lead and account. Is work properly when I try to save lead but I need to give the user the ability to run it manually. In other words I want to give the user the option to check duplication again before he convert the lead to account. Please help. No you cannot let the user check for duplication while converting a lead. A workaround however, is to let the user convert the lead, and then run duplicate detection on Accounts to check for duplication. "yosi" wrote: > I am using ...

How to create "Space Bar hit" action setting?
Hello All, I have this slide with a long animation on a slide that is off mousclick transition. With a hit on the space bar the animation jumps to end. As the presentation is with mouse controlled navigation I do not want users to use the space bar (or they start hitting through the slide sequence) to end the animation. So, is there a way to 'end animation sequence' (like a space bar hit) as an action setting on an object? Thanx, Guurt ...

Can I create graph combining clusted and stacked columns?
There is an example on my Tip&Tricks page best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32ADC32A-7C2E-48F2-9D4A-3CF254D116FE@microsoft.com... > ...

Creating
Hello All, I have a worksheet of data with the following characteristics: --column headers --numeric and textual data --a "frozen" pane --some columns in which input is constrained by validation lists stored on other worksheets within the same Excel file What I need to do is make it so that each of the main worksheet's column headers present my Excel-newbie end-users with a simple dropdown/pulldown that allows them to sort (ascending and descending) all the rows across all of the columns, i.e. across the frozen pane line, across the validation-list columns, etc. In an ideal...

When I create a new style in Publisher it doesn't show a name.
Publisher is very limited in the style and formatting section. Does anyone know how to create a new style that has a name? I tried renaming and it just ends up blank in the drop down box. If my mouse goes over the title it will show it then but otherwise it is blank. Are you certain you don't mean a template? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26363C88-78DC-4167-9C26-9426F41A6F76@microsoft.com... > Publisher is very limited in the s...

How to Create a Message using Macro
Hi I would like to do as follows: I want to create a Macro which beeps and displays a message (e.g. "Put a sheet in the printer before you continue") after I hit a button. Which code should I use in the Macro? So what's supposed to happen is this: 1. Hit button "Print" 2. BEEP! <message:> Put a sheet in the printer before you continue! 3. Hit the button "continue" My topic concerns step 2. Thanks for your help! Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi in the VBA help look for msgbox to do this >-----Original Message----- >H...

hi, how to create nonrectangular windows ?
hello, my question is: how to create nonrectangular windows with MFC? thanks. Take a look at the SetWindowRgn() API. There are examples at www.codeguru.com -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Red" <red.zrari@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:U5zUa.9346$1I5.1238699@news20.bellglobal.com... > hello, > my question is: how to create nonrectangular windows with MFC? > thanks. > > ...

Create List
I have Outlook 2000. I have three sets of contacts, eg Contacts, Newsletter. They have the same icon. Properties call them Folders containing contact items. I just tried to make a new contact list and can't seem to reproduce it. The property description of the folder is a little longer and the icon is different. ...

manuals
Where can I get or download manuals for Word and Excel for OSX? Hi The manual is a pdf file on the install CD. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <17af01c3a8a2$0e3d42d0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "fjleicht" <fjleicht@aol.com> wrote: > > Where can I get or download manuals for Word and Excel for OSX? ...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...