GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

I setup protection for Exchange Server 2003 SP2 running on Win2K3 SP2. There
are four information storage groups. I am protecting the server using DPM
2010 RC. All of the prerequisite steps were performed successfully. Two of
the info storage groups (the small ones - 30GB) backup successfully. The two
large info storage groups (125GB each) fail with the following alert message:

DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for
\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy38\Exchsvr\MdbData\support\Support
(ServerName)\Support.edb on ServerName.domain.com (ID 2033 Details:
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
(0x800705AA))

I have not been able to determine which system resources are insufficient. I
assume that the error means that the Exchange Server lacks the resources.
There is plenty of disk space available. The server has plenty of processing
power and 4GB of RAM. The pagefile is 4GB.

I have searched extensively for an answer to the problem with no success.

Thanks.

Hi ,

Did you face any errors while backing up 2 info storage groups?
Can you please trigger one backup on 125GB DB and collect the logs from PS
and DPM.
Collect Exchange eventvwr logs also.
Please mail them at: anuraga@Microsoft[DOM]com

Thanks
Anurag [MSFT]

"StaggerLee" <StaggerLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I setup protection for Exchange Server 2003 SP2 running on Win2K3 SP2.
> There
> are four information storage groups. I am protecting the server using DPM
> 2010 RC. All of the prerequisite steps were performed successfully. Two of
> the info storage groups (the small ones - 30GB) backup successfully. The
> two
> large info storage groups (125GB each) fail with the following alert
> message:
>
> DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for
> \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy38\Exchsvr\MdbData\support\Support
> (ServerName)\Support.edb on ServerName.domain.com (ID 2033 Details:
> Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
> (0x800705AA))
>
> I have not been able to determine which system resources are insufficient.
> assume that the error means that the Exchange Server lacks the resources.
> There is plenty of disk space available. The server has plenty of
> processing
> power and 4GB of RAM. The pagefile is 4GB.
>
> I have searched extensively for an answer to the problem with no success.
>
> Thanks.

0
Anurag

Exchange 2003 + Domain Controller
I've setup 2 servers at home. Both have Windows 2003 server. One is a domain controller running exchange 2003 and the other a member server. Is it Ok to install exchange 2003 on a domain controller for test puposes ? The first time I tried to login to the domain from the member server it took 20 minutes for the desktop to appear. Is this normal ? I also tried to look at another mailbox from the adminstrator mailbox. The mailbox appears but I can not view any emails ? many thanks, Pritesh Yes, it's fine. It's even supported to do this in a production environment, but i...

Lifetime Planner error
When I click reset the original dates... link in Lifetime planner, I get an error message that money has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have used the repair money file tools and they don't find a problem. Is there something else I can do to find the problem and fix it? ...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

messaging interface has returned an unknown error
I just installed the free trial of Office 2003. Outlook starts up fine, but when i go to create a new message or reply/forward, i get the error message of "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please re-start outlook i have restarted outlook as well as my PC and nothing seems to be helping. I also repaired my installation but the error remains. I would appreciate any feedback. ...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

Random errors with attachments
We have three users who are getting random errors with attachments. All three are using Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000. The error occurs when adding attachments to a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they receive. The error they get is "Can't create file: <file name>. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." We've tried everything we can think of to resolve this issue (reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's profile on ...

exchange 2007 on longhorn
anyone get exchange 2007 to run on longhorn? setup says powershell is required and setup won't continue without it; though i'm reading that powershell is integrated in longhorn (beta 3) On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:34:16 -0400, "seth" <seth@myhouse.net> wrote: > >anyone get exchange 2007 to run on longhorn? >setup says powershell is required and setup won't continue without it; >though i'm reading that powershell is integrated in longhorn (beta 3) > Not supported until Exch 2007 Sp1. what about sp1 beta? i tried setup from there with same resu...

Error in Recipient Update Service
Every time I try and update the Recipient Update Service, I get this error: An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072020 Exchange System Manager Any ideas? ...

SBS 2003 in Journal Wrap Error State from Previous Migration
I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I realize it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of the issue so decided to post a question. Here is the history of the problem. I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain. Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of Microsoft's migration procedure. All went well except for the following: When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal wrap error (ev...

Global variable error :error LNK2001
Dear all, I have defined a global variable in CTestApp like : class CTestApp : public CWinApp { public: static DWORD dwPos2; ...... } When I recompile the project, it always turn out the error like the following : Test error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol symbol "public: static unsigned long CTestApp::dwPos2" (?dwPos2@CTestApp@@2KA) Could anybody tell me why? Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja Well, could you tell me how to define a variale in MFC project,so and I...

Runtime Error
Every time I open Outlook, a little window opens which says 'Runtime Error has occurred - do you want to debug - line: 297' What does this mean and how do I fix it? ...

publisher 2003 #51
How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print. I'm trying to print to card stock for birthday cards ...

Error Code 0x80246007
i tryed downloading windows updates and it fails and sayes i have Error Code:0x80246007 is thair a way around this? i have a compaq Evo N1000v with windows xp pro Are you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 from Windows Update ? -=- "volcompunk" wrote: > i tryed downloading windows updates and it fails and sayes i have Error > Code:0x80246007 is thair a way around this? > > i have a compaq Evo N1000v with windows xp pro 0x80246007 SUS_E_DM_NOTDOWNLOADED A BITS transfer error occurred, but the exact error could not be retrieved. Are you runn...

Different version error using vista
I am getting the following error: "A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue." I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed great but now I am getting this error. I had the same thing. You should be able to find the log file, however. Another approach is to go to a wor...

Outlook 2003 error.....
this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. This error occurs when I double click on a hyper link embedded in an email. Prior to the service pack for office 2003 I did not have any problems. I do have the latest service pack for Office 2003 and all other software is currently up to date. This error started after I installed the latest service pack for office 2003. I do run Norton Internet Security and Systemworks 2004. I currently do not have XP internet firewall enabled. I have tried it with and without off and on and to no avail. I do have SBC DSL with 2Wire gatew...

SBS 2003 Crashes when backups the First Storage Group
Dear All, I am haveing a weird problem. The company server crashes after midnight when backups The First Storage Group. There is nothing in logs. Backup starts at 21.30 and runs sometimes ok. The backup backs up the First Storage Group just after midnight when the crash has been happend. Recent changes: 1. I installed additional volume 2 x 260Gb drive in RAID 1 2. I moved exchange database to the new volume After that the backup had been running for a week withought any problems. 3. I have changed a backup shadule to a shared NAS volume. Since this change I keep h...

What error in my steps?
Hello all: I create a diglog using vc,and add some the control edit.and now I want to use the class CRecordset,and I do that:ClassWizard=>Add Class=>New,and write CAbc in Name,select CRecordset in Base class,and press OK,and select a ODBC(I have already created a ODBC),and select a table,finally I press OK,but it always display: Unable to open the files(abc.h,abc.cpp) for class "CAbc", I want to know what error in my steps.thanks. Soory: I add this sentence to the file stdafx.h: #include <stddb.h> but it display the error.How to solve? "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pu...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

Inserting a hyperlink in Outlook 2003
My outlook will not allow (CTRL + k) to insert a hyperlink. Nothing happens. Also if you select INSERT - HYPERLINK FROM THE MENU, it does bring up a box, but does not have a browse feature, to browse to the correct file. Is the cursor in the message body when you bring up the dialog or press Ctrl+K? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

Excel 2003 #19
The font and fill effects only show in the print preview? mk If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:19:12 -0700, "mk" <mk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The font and fill effects only show in the print preview? ...

Outlook Error
Hi everyone, I am getting the following error in my outlook "Outlook experiences a serious problem with the 'microsoft dynamics crm' add-in.If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available.Do you want to disable this add-in?" Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik This can be caused by a bug in the synchronization mechanism. (The birthdate field cannot contain a value before 1970). A hotfix is available. See this knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

Connecting Exchange Server in ASP
Hi guys, I was just thinking, Is there a way in ASP to show Exchange Server statistics such as Number of Users connected, Number of Emails forwarded or Sent Emails etc. You can use VBScript with ASP pages. VBS can use WMI to show perfmon statistics. Exchange also has WMI providers. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_techsel_tech_18.asp?frame=true Creating ASP pages for WMI http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/creating_active_server_pages_for_wmi.asp?frame=true With VBS you can also query AD using ADSI and display info related to Exchange servers/Org, Exchang...

exchange 5.5 priv.edb attachements
hi, after extracting every mailbox to *.pst. The problem is that all "not *.txt" attachements are lost, although the mails actually contain enough Kb (as if the attachement surely is ther) anyone been there befor PS: the database is corrupted greetings ...