DPM2010 RTM - SMTP required authentication

I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns the
error ID 2013 logon failure.

2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP?

Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send
mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the
same account?

--
Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Chris Proud" <ChrisProud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns
> the
> error ID 2013 logon failure.
>
> 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP?

0
Praveen
6/2/2010 10:10:05 AM
I'm having the same issue.  DPM 2010 RTM on Server 2008 R2.

I've tried a remote mail server and localhost (running SMTP service, open to
connections/relay locally) in the DPM settings with no username/password
entered, and I always get a "bad username/password" error.  I've even tried
fake credentials, and it'll take a moment before it fails.

It works if I use valid credentials and send to another host that's
configured to require authentication for SMTP.

I've confirmed that mail can be sent via unauthenticated SMTP sessions to
the two mail servers I configured using other methods (even "telnet localhost
25").

I've followed
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/systemcenter/dm/ff399060.aspx for
configuring to send mail via unauthenticated SMTP (basically, not configuring
a username/password), but there appears to be a bug.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Patrick

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

> Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send
> mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the
> same account?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
> DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet
> forum
> at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads.
>
> "Chris Proud" <ChrisProud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns
> > the
> > error ID 2013 logon failure.
> >
> > 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP?
>
> .

Urgent formula required
need formula to change a gps settings in spreadsheet from UTM to longtitude and latitude.... Any ideas? Look here: http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/UsefulData/UTMFormulas.HTM -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba326567-a44b-4059-8e5d-0518649d5946@p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... | need formula to change a gps settings in spreadsheet from UTM to | longtitude and latitude.... Any ideas? How about this? http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/UsefulData/UTMFormulas.HTM HTH, JP On Jan 21, 1:14=A0pm, TechnoGram ...

do i require pop3?
requirement : there will be one e-mail address. External users will send attachments to this e-mail address and i would be downloading it from here. cant i do this by only smtp enabled on exchange server, which is by default? "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E562CC95-D3FE-4158-AE7D-352C545A7228@microsoft.com... > requirement : there will be one e-mail address. External users will send > attachments to this e-mail address and i would be downloading it from > here. > > cant i do this by only smtp enabled on exchange se...

DPM2010 Tape Handling
Is it possible to configure a Protection Group that dumps data to tape every night - no matter what tape is inserted ? We always seem to have the wrong tape in there. I want DPM to simply overwrite the tape on a daily basis, no questions asked. Thanks. Ian You could run a script that marks the tape as free, but then you'd be overwriting it every night. If you want to append data I don't think you could get around the built-in limitations. Daniel "Ian Moran" wrote: > Is it possible to configure a Protection Group that dumps data to tape every ...

Help required - Data - Validation - List
Debra Dalgleish <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:<425E695F.6060205@contexturesXSPAM.com>... > Perhaps you could enter the formula in an adjacent cell, then refer to > that cell in the data validation formula box. > > amit wrote: > > I am trying to generate "Drop down list" using formula. > > > > The path I am using is : > > > > Data > Validation ---List ----Formula > > > > It seems there is limitation on no. of characters, which could be > > typed in this FORMULA field. > > > >...

Using VLOOKUP to display required information
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6D81E.1375E5F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey all, I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that references an existing Excel = file that contains data in the following format: Supervisor Name Email Phone # Bob Joe a@b.com 555-555-1234 Bob Joy b@c.com 555-555-2345 Bob John c@d.com 555-555-3456 Colin Ricky d@e.com 555-555-4567 Colin Roy e@f.com 555-555-5678 Jerry ...

DPM2010 and Exchange2010
Hi, Every one, Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database? Thanks. Yes, you can use DPM 2010 to restore an Exchange 2010 public folder database. -- Sai Peyyeti [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "AskskA" wrote: > Hi, > Every one, > Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database? > Thanks. > > ...

Object Required?
The code statement: Selection.TypeText Text:="This is sample text." Works fine in VBA code in MS Word. The text string is inserted into the document at the insertion point. But when using Outlook 2003's VBA editor (for plain text messages, not using Word as the mail message editor) the same statement fails with an "object requrired" debug message. I presume that the required object is something like "Current message body." but where do I find a pick list or other description of appropriate objects? Thanks, Fred Holmes When in doubt, check the object br...

OWA Authentication
I have OWA installed on a server running Exchange 2000. I do not have ISA installed on the server. When users attempt to connect to webmail, they are required to authenticate 3 times. I have searched the KB without success. Any help will be appreciated. ...

DPM2010 HyperV Only VHD Backup
We have a HyperV cluster using CSV. The children backups run fine. However, when trying to restore one of the children via the console, we are informed the selected element is only the vhd, not the virtual machine. What do we need to do to be able to backup and restore the full virtual machine as it was in 2007? Recreating configuration files for every virtual system we need to restore takes longer than it should, as well as causing the system to see all devices as being fresh, thereby losing network card configurations and other important data. Select "All protected...

2010 RTM will not start
Downloaded the RTM for Office 2010, had been running the Beta with Windows 7. After downloading, I can view the file en_office_professional_plus_x64..., but when I click it, it goes through the extracing process and then nothing happens - the beta is still there and untouched. Have uninstalled the RTM, uninstalled the 2010 beta, uninstalled Office 2007, restarted, redownloaded the RTM and redownloaded the 2010 beta. Still nothing. Any ideas? I want to start using the RTM! -- Steph Wanted to add that I checked the issue mentioned by Comp Dok with Temp file and it does n...

required fund for rural dfevelopment project in IT sector
hello sir/madam, i'm Agilan from chennai,India...i have done my MBA and MSc HRD psychology from recognised university..i previously worked for an organisation Drishtee dot com ltd as Training manager...now i want to spend my time for rural development in Indiaand to help the people affected in tsunami..people living in rural area were not aware of Computer and its uses so i have planned to create awareness among them..for this project i need some financial support to do this project... my contact number is +91-9840299477 my account number is 53010274868 so ...

Is IIS needed on DPM2010 server?
In the DPM2007 documentation it says IIS is needed. However the documentation wasn't updated for DPM2010 beta or RC. And I was able to install both without being told that I needed to IIS and the installs didn't it. So therefore is the requirement for IIS gone? If not what is it needed for? Nope SQL Server 2008 is installed with DPM. SSRS no longer requires IIS to function, FINALLY! "Sam" wrote: > In the DPM2007 documentation it says IIS is needed. However the documentation > wasn't updated for DPM2010 beta or RC. And I was able to install both w...

CListCtrl: Do text subitems require dynamic allocations and deletions?
When I create subitems for a list control, do I need to dynamically allocate memory for text items, then free that memory on item destruction? Or does the CListCtrl automatically make a copy of any string I assign to it for subitems and automatically free the memory? For example, would the following be valid? does the ListView_SetItem() make a copy of the text assigned to lvi.pszText? ==== sample below ====== LVITEM lvi; lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT; CString strName="Some Name"; CString strStatus="Some Status"; for ( i = 0; i < x; i++ ) { m_ctrlPackageList.InsertItem( ...

Excel Help Required
I have a list saved in a workbook. (Employee Names and numbers) I have to use data from this list very often in different excel files. Is it possible to link this file with any other excel file in a way that each time i type employee no in a cell, it displays employee name respectively? Just have both workbooks open and in source wb a table of numbers and names. Then, from the destination wb, use a =vlookup(a1, Now activate the other wb and highlight the table>touch enter and complete the vlookup formula>close the source workbook and notice the difference. You will no longer need t...

Require Sr .NET Developer with CRM 3.0 SDK
Require Senior .NET Developer with Solid CRM 3.0 SDK and development experience Location : NYC Project Duration : Long Term Thanks and regards, Sandeep | R SQUARE New Jersey | Ohio | India Phone: +1 609-520-8204 Ext: 184 | Fax: +1 609-520-8205 mailto: sandeep.gunasegaran@r-square.com | Web: http://www.r-square.com R Square is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. R Square gives hiring preference to qualified U.S. citizens and other protected individuals. Do you want to know about our...

Hidden Columns
I have hidden columns A..D on a sheet of a Excel workbook and the unfortunate thing is that I have hidden them so well that no matter what I try I cannot unhide them. Has anyone any idea what I did and how I get out of this predicament? Gnasher wrote ... >I have hidden columns A..D on a sheet of a Excel workbook and the > unfortunate thing is that I have hidden them so well that no matter what > I try I cannot unhide them. Has anyone any idea what I did and how I get > out of this predicament? Gnasher, One way is to select the whole spreadsheet, and then Format | Column | ...

How do we create a PO based on requirements/alert?
Client wants to build a PO but not send it out until all requirements of PO (Ex- minimum quantity )have been met. For example- XYZ company has a frieght policy and wont ship until $500,000.00 of product is ordered. We want to be able to fill up PO to that threshold before the order is placed to ensure we are meeting requirements. Once the PO meets requirements, an alert/report needs to be provided to initiate the creation of the PO. You could memorize an Item report where Supplier = XYZ and Qty to Order >0. This 'recommended reorder report' could be generated as frequen...

Exhange Authentication
I have been asked to look putting a mail server in a central site for use by outlook clients on a couple of sites. The AD has a root domain and 3 child domains. The child domains hold the end user accounts This is all on server 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. I wanted to have a DC on the same physical site as the Exchange box so that when a user tries to logon to their mailbox the authentication will not require a lookup on a remote DC over the WAN. What I didn't want was to have a DC for all 3 child domains on the site with Exchange as it would cost more money than I would want t...

DPM SRT and DPM2010
Question, Is DPMSRT integrated within DPM2010, because the DPM2010 download on "Microsoft Pratner download" still contains a copy of DPM2007 DPMSRT. With DPM2007, we installed DPMSRT on a different system from the DPM2007 server and we had to reserve extra diskspace on the remote system for SRT backup info. Is this still the case with DPM2010, or is the diskspace used for normal backup operations from DPM2010 also used for DMPSRT purposes. Thanks for your reply, Found the answer on: http://www.scdpmonline.org/dpm-2010-bare-metal-recovery.aspx Op 20-5-2010 9:16,...

DPM2010 and Exchange2010
Hi! Does DPM2010 backup Exchange2010 mailbox and Public folders,Calendars・・・ Thanks! You can backup Exchange 2010 mailbox databases and public folder database as well using DPM 2010. Recovery is supported at a granular level of mailboxes. -- Sai Peyyeti [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "AskskA" wrote: > Hi! > Does DPM2010 backup Exchange2010 mailbox and Public folders,Calendars・・・ > > Thanks! ...

Unknown user authenticating in my Email Server!
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4. I noticed I have been acting as an open relay. While trying to correct the problem, I am getting the follwing Event ID when restarting the IMS: 2010 Connection from xxx.xxx.xxx.xx was authenticated (AUTH LOGIN) as \administrator How do I stop this!?! Change the Administrator password! Make it a complex password. You can also disable the "allow authenticated users to relay" option if you do not need it. -Brad Dinerman Jason wrote: > I have Exchange 5.5 SP4. I noticed I have been acting as > an open relay. While trying to correct the proble...

Outlook requiring me to re-authenticate
My setup: Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange Server, setup on a domain. Client logs on successfully to the domain, but everytime client sends/receives in Outlook, the client is asked to re-authenticate. I'm loosing trust somewhere, and I have no clue where to look. (I'm pretty new to the server/exchange/domain world) I'm looking for a little push in the right direction... anyone know where I should start looking to fix this issue. Thanks. ...

User License Requirements
Can a user have a task assigned to them if they are disabled or have restricted mode access? no disabled user can be assigned any object. "Onetreeup" <Onetreeup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFFCA3B-720E-4BC3-9056-A3D99CCB086A@microsoft.com... > Can a user have a task assigned to them if they are disabled or have > restricted mode access? ...

Update from workflow requires reloading record
Why does a create workflow update not seen right away? the users have to reload the opportunity to see the updated field? Can workflow force that to happen automatically? Thanks -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Think of it this way: workflow is server-side, and what the user sees on the form is client-side -- it's just in their browser, and unfortunately CRM doesn't include a lot of built-in AJAX functionality, which, if it did, might refresh data on the form without reloading the page. One way around this is to use an OnChange event in a field to save the form. However, it's ...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...