DPM2010 RC Hyper-V Protection Error

I am consistently getting the following error when DPM tries to create a
recovery point for one of my VMs:

Type: Recovery Point
Ststus: Failed
<clustered shared volume path> on <DPM server name> (ID 2033 Details: The
process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
(0x80070020))

How are you protecting the virtual machine - as vhd files or as a VM under
the Hyper-V node in the cluster resource group.
If it is the former then that is wrong.

--
Thanks
Shyama Hembram

"baxford" <baxford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am consistently getting the following error when DPM tries to create a
> recovery point for one of my VMs:
>
> Type: Recovery Point
> Ststus: Failed
> <clustered shared volume path> on <DPM server name> (ID 2033 Details: The
> process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
> (0x80070020))

0
Shyama
4/1/2010 9:27:58 PM
Have you got your problem resolved?
Does this happen only during scheduled backups? Does the job succeed if you
trigger a backup adhoc for the VM?
If you still see this error, send the error logs from under
<DPMInstallFolder>\DPM\Temp to ngunaIgnoreThis[at]microsoft[DOT]com.

--
Narendran G [MSFT]

"baxford" <baxford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am consistently getting the following error when DPM tries to create a
> recovery point for one of my VMs:
>
> Type: Recovery Point
> Ststus: Failed
> <clustered shared volume path> on <DPM server name> (ID 2033 Details: The
> process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
> (0x80070020))

0
Narendran

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Cell protection in Excel
Help please! I use Microsoft Excel in the latest two versions of Microsoft Office to test pupils at school in mathematics and English language. This involves using hidden formulas and locked cells with answers in - all protected by a password. It doesn't work! This is even the case when access is denied to the individual cells. The youngsters just insert the coordinates of the answer cells into the 'Name Box' (top left), go to the cell and copy the answer out into the answer cell. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way of preventing access by this method or copyin...

Inconsistency Error
I am getting above error while I try to restart my exchange services. It looks like my Public folder PUB.EDB is corrupted. I tried eseutil/r and eseutil/p, but nothing is fixing. I have very imported contact folders in there. Can someone please show me how to fix this ? Thx Hello, This article is written for Exchange 5.5, which I am assuming you are running by the name of your databases. 185577 XADM: Error 1120 and 5000 Occurs When Starting Information Store http://support.microsoft.com/?id=185577 Basically if you ran ESEUTIL /P against your PUB.EDB, you need to delete all your...

Error messages in outlook & unable to update
I have Office 2000. I upgraded from windows 98 to Windows xp. When I am in outlook, if I right click to paste something in my e-mail message, I always get an error message and it locks up or takes me out of Outlook. It happens when I click to change the text format as well. When I try to search for office updates to my computor at office online, I get an error message "Unable to check for updates on this computer." Then it states 4 different reasons that why it could be. 1. administration priv. (I am the only user) 2. network problem 3.Windows Installer patch files (.MSP ...

Exmerge Error #3
We are in the middle of migrating from Domino to Exchange. I have been running the mail migration wizard to generate PSTs from the domino mail files. When I run Exmerge to import the PST into the mail accounts on the server, about 90% of the messages come through just fine. The other 10% will come in but when I select them the reading pane they will go grey and it will say "This item cannot be diplayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents." When I try to open the item it says, "Can't open this item." All of these "corrupt" messages are in a...

Installation Error
When running the setup, I received the following error message: Title: 16 bit Windows Subsystem Message: C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. My system is Windows XP peofessional and I could not find the file Autoexec.nt on my machine. Could anyone help me out? Thanks, this may help you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;324767 let me know ! stu >-----Original Message----- >When running the setup, I received the following error message: > >Title: 16 bit Windows Subs...

interface not registered error #2
Whenever I try to send an email using Outlook, I get a pop- up window labeled "Microsoft Word" that says "Interface not registered", and the mail won't send. What can I do to correct this? Thanks I installed Windows Updates and I am now getting an Interface not registered every time I try to send emails. I am using Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 on a XP profeesional Operating system. Any suggestions??? Hello I spent a multitude of hours today trying to solve the following problems with Office 1) Could not print from Outlook - always got a script error on line 134 2...

Error creating new company
I'm getting an error when creating a new company in GP8g44. It starts the creation process before erroring out with the error: The stored procedure startTheProcess() of form duSQLInstall : 299 : Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 213, Great Plains: 0. I did find that the database is created on the SQL server, however it isn't populated and does not show up in the GP dropdown. thanks, justin Are you creating the new company on the system with the SQL folder? You can only create new companies on the workstation where the initial SYSTEM install was perfor...

Error while loading exchange 2003 sp2
setup failed and error smtp service .... failed, error code cx0070002 ...

Error in closing Outlook
Hi, Can anyone help me. After I close my MS Outlook, it displays "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" but this dialog box never goes off. I need to use the task manager and click 'End Task' to shut it down. begin 666 New Text Document.txt ` end It doesn't work.... Any other suggestions? "Conrad Pfleging" <cj@NOSPAMpflpfarm.com> wrote in message news:eYcW5r4TDHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Run "Detect and Repair" from under the help menu in Outlook > "Christ Lestario" <christ_lestario@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

Can someone explain this error message?
Subject: WMI@servername servername has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Unknown Drives - Unknown Services - OK Memory - Unknown CPU - Unknown This is an Exchange 2003, running on a member server. It is an active/passive cluster, and servername=server name of the cluster. This should have said: From: WMI@clustermemberserver Subject: Error on servername servername has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Unknown Drives - Unknown Services - OK Memory - Unknown CPU - Unknown This is an Exchange 2003, running on a member server. It is an active/pass...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

=COUNTIF(B6,{">0","<5"}) has error
Hi. =COUNTIF(B6,{">0","<5"}) When I type a value which is larger than 1, it always returns the count as 1. When I type a value which is 0 or lower, it always return the count as 0. What's wrong? I suppose it should work like that the formula will consider 2 criteria. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Hi, > =COUNTIF(B6,{">0","<5"}) > I suppose it should work like that the formula will consider 2 criteria. Nope! This formula returns a two-memeber array {CountOfValuesHigherThanZe...

VC++ .NET 2002: My 1st MFC Program got Errors C2065, C2227, C2509, C2062 and C2238
Hi all I tried to learn MFC programming by starting the MFC Template of Visual C++ Project and typing the necessary code statements of the Ex05a Example of Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference (6th Edition) (Microsoft Press, 2003) by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski. When I did 'Build' on the Ex05a project, I got the following Task List - 9 Build Error tasks shown (filtered) error C2065: 'm_nColor': undeclared identifie error C2065: 'pDC': undeclared identifie error C2227: left of '->SelectStockObject' must point to class/struct/unio ...

Error Message when sending email
I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1 They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from within outlook. Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from...

Error 1004 using not contiguous data
Preface: sorry for my english. :) I faced with an annoying problem while chosing as "SeriesCollection" a not contiguous range in the same row. I don't know if i'm using the right word, the result of the recording of the desidered behaviour is: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=(temp!R1C4,temp!R1C6,temp!R1C8)" This is wonderful and works fine. Actually my macro works with dynamic data, that's why i cannot use this fixed formula. So, my Sub creates the desidered range using a series of such a cycle: Dim rZona(5) As String Dim rZ(5) As Range If (h...

Outlook 2003 gives me the error "Failed to update headers"
I have a customer who has not been able to receive any new mail using Outlook, although he can send. When he opens Outlook, there is no error, but when he clicks on Inbox, a message shows up that says "Failed to update headers". We login to a domain here, and he gets the same problem with any machine he logs into. Thought it may have been an issue with his account, but server and account administration support says everything checks out fine. The fact that it happens on every computer, and identical symptoms, is a clear sign to me that it is an issue with his account, although I ...

? NNTPSVC error creating newsgroup
Hi, We are using SBS2003 and with the administrator account I am trying to add a newsgroup. I get an error popup proclaming "unknown error (ffff)" and the following log from NNTPSVC (event id 101): "The server was unable to add the virtual root '/' for the directory '/Internet Newsgroups' due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect. The data is the error code." What is going on? I right-mouse-click over "newsgroups" and select new/newsgroup and follow the simple wizard presented. http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Error setting up Data File
I am using Outlook 2003 beta 2. When trying to set up another profile, I have difficulty getting it to create a new data file. In control panel, I do the following: Mail, select profile, Properties, Data File, Add Then, I get a window popup saying: An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80070002 Any idea why? I have installed OutlookFolders software if that makes any difference. Thanks, Jon ...

Error when importing customizations
I exported some customizations from one CRM installation and tried to import them into another CRM installation for a client. When importing onthe client's installation, the import function fails and I receive the contact your adminstrator error message. I tested the import on the original installation by re-importing the original xml to the site and then importing the changes that had been previously exported. There was no problem with the import on the original site. I thought that I should be able to export customizations from one site and import them to another site without ...

error choosing label
I need to direct Access 07 to start printing with a certain label on the sheet. I have reviewed the thread "choose label to start printing" on this site, which gives the following instructions that were helpful to the person that asked the question: "First make sure your label report is properly printing a full sheet of labels. Then add a Report Header to your label report. Add 2 text boxes to the Header. 1) Name one SkipControl Leave it's control source unbound 2) Name the other SkipCounter Set it control Source to =[Skip How Many?] Now code the Report Header Format...

Subform causing OLE error
I have a subform whose function is to associate a contact with the record on the main form. This works if editing an existing contact/project association, but I get an OLE error when trying to add a new contact. What I <think> the problem is is that there is nothing that adds a new record to my ContactProject table. How do I add a new record when selecting the dropdown from an existing list? On a related note, how do I delete a record when I no longer have a Project/Contact relationship? ...

Error 643
Have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and just in the last 1 week has these two updates started to fail. have read the other comments with regard to error code 643 but none of the responses seem to apply to Windows 7 I have all the .NET frameworks installed and they came ready with the desktop. Any ideas on how to successfully install these updates and has anyone else experienced this problem? Chirag;1611294 Wrote: > Have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and just in the last 1 week has these two > updates started to fail. have read the other comments with regard to > error > c...

User Public Type, circular dependancy error
Hi, In a module I have in declarations, Public Type uSx var names... end type In same module , general code, a function, uSx = uSxMakeF(arg, arg, ....) All was working well. I moved the uSx record definition to another module, "above" uRecA, where: Public Type uRecA other vars ... uSx as uSx end type I now get circular dependancies compile error pointing at the above function. uRecA is not involved in the function. What is the best practice module batting order that will get rid of this error ?? I had thought that as long as the "user&quo...

I receive an error message during login from mobile client.SQL8000
Hi, i´m getting following error message from the mobile client: in the CRMMobileErrorLog.txt on the mobile client: SQL CE exception Error Code: 80004005 Message : [ tblOutbndQueueError ] Minor Err.: 28544 Source : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition Err. Par. : tblOutbndQueueError Exception Contents : [ tblOutbndQueueError ] [TIM]02.21.2007 09:36:56 [CMP]mMBSException [LVL]0 [EVT]3080 [TXT]Nicht verarbeitete Ausnahme. Exception details : Message : ThreadAbortException Exception Contents : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: ThreadAbortException bei System.PInvoke.PAL....