DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

We have recently upraded our 2007 SP1 Primary DPM server to 2010 RC and it is
working perfectly.

I've set up a brand new, fresh Windows 2008 R2 Server for the secondary
server, and have told it to protect one of the protection groups on the
primary server.

Everything works for a little while, but every half hour or so, the DPM
service crashes and says:

"Connection to the DPM service has been lost.

Review the application event log for information about a possible service
shutdown.

ID: 917"

Then asks to restart the administrator console.  This kills the ongoing
syncs and causes them to error out, so we can actually get protection going
for our primary server to this secondary one.

I have tried wiping the computer and installing everything again from
scratch, but still get the exact same problem.

I'm getting these errors in the application log at the time of failure:

Source:  MSDPM
Event ID:  943

"The description for Event ID 943 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either
the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer
or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on
the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to
be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Unable to connect to the DPM database because the database is in an
inconsistent state.

Problem Details:
<FatalServiceError><__System><ID>19</ID><Seq>139</Seq><TimeCreated>23/02/2010
5:04:15
AM</TimeCreated><Source>DpmThreadPool.cs</Source><Line>160</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>DBCorruptionException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>Couldn't
access DataSourceInfo '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000' in the
database</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.DBCorruptionException:
Couldn't access DataSourceInfo '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000' in the
database
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.Catalog.IntegrityCheck(Boolean
condition, String message)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.DataSourceInfo.GetDataSourceInfo(SqlContext ctx, Guid datasourceIdLocal)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.PrmCatalog.RecatalogDataset(Guid
taskId, DbContext dbContext, DataSourceVolumeMappingXmlType datasetXml,
DataSourceInfo dsConfigInfo, Guid datasetId, Guid datasourceId, Replica
replica, VolumeInfo replicaVolumeInfo, BackupTypeType backupType, Guid verbId)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.PrmCatalog.RecatalogReplicaDatasets(Guid taskId, Guid datasourceId, Guid verbId)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.RAPostBackupBlock.RecatalogReplicaDatasets(Message msg)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.Fsm.ConnectionPoint.Execute(Message msg)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.Fsm.Engine.ChangeState(Message msg)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.TaskInstance.Process(Object dummy)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object taskThreadContextObj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
string/message table

This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
database with all default options.

Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.
-1

    Thanks for reporting this Caillin, can you please pass me the logs
present at:%DPMINSTALLDIR%\temp\*crash* files along with DPM database backup
to praveend at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Caillin" <Caillin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> dummy)
>   at
> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object
> taskThreadContextObj)
>   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>   at
> System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback
> tpWaitCallBack)
>   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
> state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
>

> the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
> string/message table
>

> This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
> database with all default options.
>
> Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.

Praveen
2/23/2010 7:05:34 AM
Logs and DB sent Praveen.

Thanks for your help.

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> > dummy)
> >   at
> > Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object
> > taskThreadContextObj)
> >   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> >   at
> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback
> > tpWaitCallBack)
> >   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
> > state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
> >

> > the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
> > string/message table
> >

> > This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
> > database with all default options.
> >
> > Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.

Hi Caillin,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have identified it as a product bug.

You have protected a SharePoint farm on the primary DPM server. But you have
configured protection for the content DBs individually on the secondary DPM
server. That is causing the crash. To get out of this situation, here is
what you need to do:
i.  stop protection of all the content DBs on secondary DPM with delete
data.
ii. protect the whole farm on secondary DPM
     a. expand the primary DPM in the 'Create protection group' wizard
     b. expand the SharePoint Front End server listed under the primary DPM
     c. select the SharePoint farm for protection and complete the wizard

This should resolve the issue.

--
Thanks
Vinay Tibrewal

> [...]
>> >   at
>> > Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object
>> > taskThreadContextObj)
>> >   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
>> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>> >   at
>> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback
>> > tpWaitCallBack)
>> >   at
>> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
>> > state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
>> >

>> > the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
>> > string/message table
>> >

>> > This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
>> > database with all default options.
>> >
>> > Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.

0
Vinay

DPM2010 Tape Handling
Is it possible to configure a Protection Group that dumps data to tape every night - no matter what tape is inserted ? We always seem to have the wrong tape in there. I want DPM to simply overwrite the tape on a daily basis, no questions asked. Thanks. Ian You could run a script that marks the tape as free, but then you'd be overwriting it every night. If you want to append data I don't think you could get around the built-in limitations. Daniel "Ian Moran" wrote: > Is it possible to configure a Protection Group that dumps data to tape every ...

Outlook Express Error #2
Whenever I try to download my hotmail messages I get the following error... Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Re: Another week', Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Forbidden', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC33 Does anyone have any suggestions? Eric Hunt Eric Hunt wrote: > Whenever I try to download my hotmail messages I get the > following err...

Error created when try to Print Preview or Print
When try to print or print preview system is generating an error: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns." Used excel for years ever seen this error before. Using Excel 2007 on Vista, we just upgraded to SP2 for both systems. After testing a few times, I notice that system is generating a Name Range with no referencing cell range, the name range is called Print_Titles. If I delete the name range it removes the error message and able to use print preview and able to print. Notice it is occurring more ofter when client is copying a worksheet to ...

Getting problem with MS Exchange Server 5.5
some times I can not access the Outlook Web Page. and I checked the the Event Viewer. I saw this message Event ID: 2016 End of the data reched while looking for token I tried to solve this problem but I can not When I restart the MS Excahnge Server I Outlook Web Page will work but after time the problem returns. ...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 + Server 2008 RC 1 + SQL 2008 CTP 5
Hi all, I have tried to install CRM 4.0 CTP3 based on Server 2008 RC1 and SQL 2008 CTP5. I have encountered the following error message while registering a new Organization : "Version string portion was too short or too long " I have googled around and found this little information : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/trans/sql/07_0611_tn_katmai.mspx Brian Welcker (Expert): Q: I've tried to install the CRM titan CTP with SQL server 2008 ,the reporting services failed to be authenticated with the CRM generating this error "Version string portion was to...

Customer Combiner Error
I am receiving the following error when trying to use Customer Combiner in the Professional Services Tool Kit. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'AGPERAMT_1', table 'CFSTS.dbo.PA00521', column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. I have checked via sql and my specific customer does not exist in this table PA00521 although all other customer do exist here. any ideas? Sounds like the combiner is using the data in that table from the source customer and finding it null. Age the account. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for So...

reported error (0x8004210A):
I have just installed Office 2003, over Office XP Pro. Outlook reports this error on all email accounts, I have tried deleting the accounts and re-installing them to no avail. I have Google searched, for answers but, none give a clear answer. Task 'smtp server name - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provide (ISP).' -- Ride safe Barry <���> abbl@att.net Sunny Ocala, FL 34482, USA ...

What are these errors?
somedomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, relaying denied from your location [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] (#5.7.1)> AND mx48.sjc.ebay.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <someone@yahoo.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [66.135.197.29] ?????? BrianMultiLanguage wrote: > somedomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, relaying denied from your > location [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] (#5.7.1)> > AND > mx48.sjc.ebay.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <someone@yahoo.com>... > Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [66.135.197.29] > > ?????? Your public IP may not have a reverse lookup in DNS. C...

client error
I recently ran SP 4 on my Exchange 5.5 server It was worrking fine then the users could not send email they can receive but mnot send getting this error Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Abba Trading;l=ABBNET-040212015312Z-193 any suggestions Thanks What do you see in your app event logs? jay wrote: > I recently ran SP 4 on my Exchange 5.5 server It was > worrking fine then the users could not send email they > can receive but mnot send getting this error > > Unable to deliver the message d...

error message : I can't close my PERSONAL.XLS file
I am using Excel 2002. I have a macro which sends a file to an email address. I have it in the PERSONAL.XLS tool bar with it's own icon so when I export a table from ACCESS to EXCEL the macro is there ready to use. When I click on the icon I keep getting an error message saying that I can't open another copy of PERSONAL.XLS and I need to either rename the file or close the 1st copy of PERSONAL.XLS. But as far as I can see PERSONAL.XLS is closed and hidden ! If I go into the maco's code and run it from there I have no problems. Has anyone any idea what my problem is...

An error in Event Viewer
Hi there, I changed our domail controllers recently, and there are a lot of same errors on our exchange server, almost one or two per five minutes, here is one of them, Source: MSExchangeAL, Category: Service Control, Type: Error, Event ID: 8063 Could not read the root entry on directory 'dc3.cs.utah.edu'. Cannot access configuration information. DC=cs,DC=utah,DC=edu dc3.cs.utah.edu was the old domain controller, and it doesn't exist now. I searched registry table, there is a line in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ADs\Providers\LDAP\CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configu...

FRx 6.5
We do have four companies. When I am generating the FRx reports for companies A & B from workstation # 1, I am getting the following error message: Error 91: Checking OFSI Table Is Current Status for:frl_acct_code AND Error 91: Object variable not set. This is possibly due to a version mismatch between an FRx program and FRx database. You may need to re-install FRx. I can generate the FRx report from workstation #1 for companies C & D. The situation from workstation # 2 is reverse, I can generate the FRx reports for companies A & B but with companies C & D I am getting th...

DPM2010 and Exchange2010
Hi, Every one, Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database? Thanks. Yes, you can use DPM 2010 to restore an Exchange 2010 public folder database. -- Sai Peyyeti [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "AskskA" wrote: > Hi, > Every one, > Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database? > Thanks. > > ...

Error, Windows Cannot find hcw file
I get this error when I do my build: "Error, Windows Cannot find hcw file". However, I build continues after I press OK and all is okay. I've done some reading about this on Google, but have not been able to resolve it. Maybe the experts on this forum and can help me better. Thanks >I get this error when I do my build: "Error, Windows Cannot find hcw file". It looks like your project is using the old Help Compiler Workshop. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=34D35502-4DE9-4676-952C-34CC7F64F098&amp;displaylang=en&display...

Resolving Case Error
Web client - One of my users is having problems resolving cases. The error message dialog appears with the following message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I've checked the event viewer on the server but can't find any further information. The user is in the same Business Unit with the same Role as other users who can resolve Cases without a problem. The user owns the case that he's trying to resolve. We've run a full Publish through deployment manager and IISRESET to ensure all customizations were published....

Value error on OR command
I have unput the following formula and instead of getting a false I get a #VALUE! error. Returns true statement if both are true. Does anyone know why this is happening. Seems pretty straightforward. Does not matter if I use find or findb =OR(FINDB("ISO",G2),FINDB("CAN",G2)) Because findb or find return an error if they cannot find the string, wrap both findb formulas with isnumber like =OR(ISNUMBER(FINDB.....),ISNUMBER(FINDB.....)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "#VALUE! Error" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032501c3aa...

DPM2010 HyperV Only VHD Backup
We have a HyperV cluster using CSV. The children backups run fine. However, when trying to restore one of the children via the console, we are informed the selected element is only the vhd, not the virtual machine. What do we need to do to be able to backup and restore the full virtual machine as it was in 2007? Recreating configuration files for every virtual system we need to restore takes longer than it should, as well as causing the system to see all devices as being fresh, thereby losing network card configurations and other important data. Select "All protected...

ERROR sending the post
I get this error message a lot, these days when trying to respond to a post..........is it just me, or are others getting it frequently as well? Sometimes the response goes through, sometimes not. Sometimes re-sending results in double post, sometimes not.......most aggravating. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Complain strongly to Microsoft Steve On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:27:01 +0100, CLR <CLR@discussions.microsoft.com> = = wrote: > I get this error message a lot, these days when trying to respond to a= > post..........is it just me, or are others getting it frequently as w...

FrX Emailing reports
Hello, We've just upgraded from Solomon III to Microsoft Dynamics 6.5SP1, and are attempting to email some reports. The reports are generated correctly when printing to a network printer, but when I use the 'Email' option, I get several errors. I've added my personal email (cds@cfa.org) as a test, and I get errors such as FrX Mail Server - New Message Error - 2147221233 {Active Messaging_MAPI-E-NOT_FOUND] even though I have Outlook Express installed on this PC with a valid Email account. Also get Add Subject Error 91 - Object variable or With Block variable not set, Add Recip...

Bulk Resource Substitution in Project Server 2007
Which is the best way to do bulk resource substituoun? For example, a user is a resource in many projects. He is retired. A project manager must substitute this resource with another one. Is there any way to do it automatically? I mean the Project Manager chooses projects in which the resource is assigned to tasks and substitutes them with another resource. egoncharov -- No, there is no automated way to perform the resource substitution, even using the Resource Substitution Wizard. The PM needs to open each project and manually substitute the new resource for the former reso...

Is IIS needed on DPM2010 server?
In the DPM2007 documentation it says IIS is needed. However the documentation wasn't updated for DPM2010 beta or RC. And I was able to install both without being told that I needed to IIS and the installs didn't it. So therefore is the requirement for IIS gone? If not what is it needed for? Nope SQL Server 2008 is installed with DPM. SSRS no longer requires IIS to function, FINALLY! "Sam" wrote: > In the DPM2007 documentation it says IIS is needed. However the documentation > wasn't updated for DPM2010 beta or RC. And I was able to install both w...

OnChange Error
We're experiencing an issue with an OnChange event whereas when a picklist value (schema name = CFPList_Code) is changed to something other than NULL, then set two other adjacent custom fields (CFPCluster & CFSSegment) to Business Required: var i = crmForm.CFPList_Code.value;if (i != " "){ crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("CFPCluster",1); crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("CFSSegment",1);}else if(i == " "){ crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("CFPCluster",0); crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("CFSSegment",0);} When CFPList_Code is changed to a value within the ...

Error message --
Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. What resources is it talking about. I have a new computer with lots of available RAM and hard drive. Excel has her own secret opinion on which resources that's available and what they are to be used for. It is a true mystery and afaik undocumented. My experience is that graphical memory is drained first and that I can do little about it except demanding less. Best wishes Harald "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:393F75FC-0344-43CC-AC7C-6B9C015F337F@microsoft.com... > Excel canno...

Error 80090349
Hi, I have a problem with exchange 2003, when i want to create a folder under public folder, or when i right click on public folder and choose system folders i get this Error: The Certificate is not valid for Requested useg. ID no: 80090349 System manager. I have the Adminstrater, Domain Admin and Exchange Admin rights. Any Idea? Thanks, Shahin This is the closest I could find.....http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/ publicfolders.mspx#Error80090301 "Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37A27FE6-997A-4339-AC2C-35...

error on database login
When I try to connect to my database in Store Admin/Connect.... I get this error: Data Source name not found and no default driver specified... I get this same error when I try to backup my database from Store Manager,... everything else seems to run just fine,.. I did upgrade to 1.3 about a week ago... Arve Arve, Are you trying to backup to something other than the local hard drive? Try backing up to your "My Documents" folder without any special characters. -- = "Arve" <arve@nordichouse.com> wrote in message news:9C0F53C2-36F8-4D27-87F2-96AE4FE822E7@micr...