DPM2010 - hotfix KB975759 pushed to Hyper-V hosts

After upgrading my Hyper-V hosts with the DPM 2010 agents they all were left
in a pending Windows Update reboot state, caused by the somewhat surprising
automatic installation of hotfix KB975759.

I guess there is a good reason for that, but it would be nice if the
documentation or setup wizard would have mentioned the fact.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399140.aspx just mentions this
hotfix as a prerequisite for protecting file servers, not Hyper-V hosts.

        If any Hyper-V host is protected by installing the agent inside the
OS, is treated as the file server or application server if any applications
are installed in it.

--
Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"jmi" <jmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After upgrading my Hyper-V hosts with the DPM 2010 agents they all were
> left
> in a pending Windows Update reboot state, caused by the somewhat
> surprising
> automatic installation of hotfix KB975759.
>
> I guess there is a good reason for that, but it would be nice if the
> documentation or setup wizard would have mentioned the fact.
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399140.aspx just mentions
> this
> hotfix as a prerequisite for protecting file servers, not Hyper-V hosts.

0
Praveen

Change OWA Host header
Hi, I have an OWA 2003 site running perfectly at https://outlook1.site.co.uk however, when i change my DNS Server to https://outlook.site.co.uk, and also the host header in IIS i get an invalid host header error message from IIS when i try to navigate to the same page.. do i need to change it somewhere else? i have done a flushdns and can ping the URL and it returns the correct ip of the machine it is supposed to be looking at.. i ahve restarted IIS and the machine.. any ideas?! What OS version/service pack. SSL does not work with host headers because they're encrypted in the ht...

Microsoft CRM Hotfix KB870635 installation failed
I tried to "Import -> Lead" and had CRM error message: "ActiveX control did not download properly" and "Import cannot be completed". I tried todo everything from �An update is available to correct problems of Microsoft Business Solutions CRM working on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2� -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=870635 I tried to install CRM1.2-KB870635-Client-ENG.exe and CRM1.2-KB870635-Client-ENU.exe but did not succeeded I have the following error messages all the time: 1. The data is invalid. (MsgBox title was "Microso...

How to print a record in a form by pushing a button in another form ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003 and Windows XP Professional. I've a form A with a print button on it. Pushing its print button prints the form as it is displaying the current record. Now I 'd like to do the same thing by pushing a print button on another form B. E.g., pushing the button that is on B opens the form A, prints it as it is displaying the current record, and closes it again. How can this be done ? Your kind help will be greatly appreciated. Peter "pschrader" <none@none.de> wrote in message news:%23DLsP4XeIHA.5280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

v a t
how do you enter a formula for 17.5 % v a t Hi It depends what you are after. With A1 containing 17.5% (or containing 0.175) With B1 containing the Net of VAT value Vat to charge =B1*A1 Gross figure including VAT =B1*(1+A1) To convert from Gross figure to Net of VAT figure, if Gross value is in C1 Net = C1/(1+A1) -- Regards Roger Govier "hay eddie" <hay eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:570D64FA-6D49-4FE2-A39A-7A3CE29787EA@microsoft.com... > how do you enter a formula for 17.5 % v a t Nel post news:570D64FA-6D49-4FE2-A39A-7A3CE29787EA@micr...

Data Validation & V Lookup?
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. The first worksheet has two columns for data entry, "States" and "Cities". The second worksheet has a list of all the Cities and their corresponding State. In the first worksheet under the States column, I've set up a data validation list with all 6 possible states to choose from. Let's say each state has 10 cities each. Instead of having a data validation list of all 60 possible cities, I was wondering if there is a way to have my drop down list for cities show only the choses that relate to the state chosen in the first co...

Number of CDs with Office v.X Professional
My school recently signed some sort of contracts with MS and are offering Office 2003 Pro and Windows XP Pro for 65.00 each. They are also offering what is supposedly Office x.V Professional for 65.00 also. This "setup" doesnt have retail packaging and only includes 1 CD. The sales person in our on site computer store is mostly clueless about the products she sells and assures me that the Office v.X Professional IS in fact the newest version bundled with VPC and Win XP. So I guess my question is this ... For those of you that have purchased the retail version of Office v.X Profession...

Hotfixes/Patches/Service Pack to CRM3.0
Is there such a fix? If so, can I download it? Thanks, S A list of hotfixes is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908951/en-us -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 ---------------------------------------------------------- "Skc" <Skc@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E4FC481F-6D5F-42BA-8CAB-723B619C2742@microsoft.com... > Is there such a fix? If so, can I download it? > > Thanks, > > S ...

Ex2003 SP2 and Hotfix 898060
Hello- This weekend I installed Ex2003 SP2 on our Win2003 SP1 servers without first applying hotfix 898060. Did I misread Microsoft's information (quoted below) that the update doesn't apply to Win2003 SP1 installations or not? "Security update information Security update MS05-019 has been updated to correct this issue. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-019.mspx (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-019.mspx) Note This security update is not applicable to Windows Server 2003 w...

CRM Redeploy - unable to register security service
Scenario – MS CRM 1.2 installed and functional on DEV1 server. Related databases on separate database server. Purchased a new surver to host CRM. Need to install new instance of CRM on the new server that is attached to the existing database so as not to lose any customer data. Problem – Installation on new server failed. Message appeared saying “unable to register security service”, which is a vital part of the application. CRM requires that all patches and hotfixes applied to the original server must be applied to the new server for redeployment as well. The event log message f...

IE cannot display this page (v.8) & Server Not Found (FireFox)
This problem started several month ago all of a sudden on my old PC running XP Pro. Then 2 month ago I got a new PC (Windows 7) and after a week or two it started here as well. It is driving me nuts as it happens sporadically on either FireFox and/or Win IE. Uninstalled Spy Boot and run through the standard help sites without any result. Sometimes after reloading the page several times I'm lucky, othertimes I give up. There is nothing wrong with my connection to the internet as my Skype always is working. Any advise. WinXP SP2 or SP3? Win7 or Win7 64-bit? Are both ...

450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host
Hi... I have exchange server 2003 and first time i set message size limit on smtp to 4 MB after that iremove that limit and right now it is unlimited but i cannot sent attachment size more then 4 MB i am receiving following error 450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host Pls le help me Thanks tp "=?Utf-8?B?dHA=?=" <tp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C985DB16-0949-40D6-B544-F8129B244D2F@microsoft.com: > I have exchange server 2003 and first time i set message size limit on > smtp to 4 MB after that iremove that limit and right now it is >...

E2K7 backup problem via DPM2010 beta
I now instal DPM agent on E2K7 w/SP2 and with news rollup 1, OS W2K8 w/SP2 and all updates. After this I try set protection group and DPM UI wrote: One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing. Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on MAGGIE.faf.cuni.cz and/or all nodes in the cluster: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with Knowledge Base article 940349 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034) - OR - Windows Server 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128812) Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 ...

Hosted GP to In-House GP
I need some help. I am trying to put together a project plan to move from a hosted environment to a in-house environment and was wondering if anyone has done this? I know the general dynamics of the move, but I am sure there are things I have not thought of. Can someone tell me where I can find documentation or can someone send me documentation that will help me put this together? Thanks! Hi What MGP products do you want moving? (MGP SQL databases, CRM, Business Portal etc...) "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCE97AD-4852-477C-B597-7...

Routing Restriction- Host and clients with these IPs.
Morning all, This spam thing has been driving me crazy that I decided to use routing restrition and putting all of our subnets in there. However, it looked like it didn't work. Spammers are still routing through my Exchange 5.5(SP4). Does this mean that I have a machine in my WAN that might be infected by MyDOOM? I ran a open relay test with abuse.net and failed Test 9, but the email message didn't get through, I got and NDR instead. Any ideas what's happening here and what I can do to stop it? Thanks in advance. "Anis Isahak" <anonymous@discussions.m...

550 Not local host, not a gateway
Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so frustrated. Talk to your ISP to verify your SMTP server settings. okcrowl wrote: > Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 > version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 > not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so > frustrated. ...

Create item at store level then push to HQ ...
We were told my a vendor that it is possible to create an item at the store level, then push it up to HQ rather than the other way around. Someone else asked the same question earlier, but the only reply was from someone who had created a utility to handle it. Is it true there is a way to do it inside RMS? Thanks, Dave Burgon No, that's not true. If you MANUALLY recreate the item at HQ with the same Item Lookup Code, then add it to a 250 worksheet for the store, the items will be syncronized. There is no facility built into RMS to Push an item from a Store to HQ - you would n...

Problem installing Office v.X *UPGRADE* version on Panther
I recently upgraded from my old WallStreet (PowerBook/G3) running Jaguar (MacOS 10.2.8) to a new PowerBook/G4 15" running Panther (MacOS 10.3.1). Today, I tried to install my existing copy of Microsoft Office v.X onto the new PowerBook (as I retire the old PowerBook). (In brief, I: 1) removed the "Office Test Drive"; 2) installed Office/98; 3) installed Office v.X.) All went well until I tried to launch Office v.X for the first time. When it came to the screen where I was to browse for the "qualifying old version" so that Office could verify that I was a valid upgra...

2007 v. 2003
I have this database made in Access 2003. It contains some subforms on a mainform. Works ok in Access 2003, opening instantly. BUT opening this database in Access 2007 Access 2007 is calculating fields for a long time (some 15 seconds) eventually showing everything ok. Why is this happening? Tried converting the database to Access 2007 format but same problem. Tried creating a2007 and importing the objects from 2003. But still it's "Calculating . . . " for a looong time upon startup. It's calculating subforms value's. These subforms, opened exclusively for themselves, c...

Can you use shared calendars and ISP hosted Email
Hi, I am setting up SBS 2003 at a client site of 10 users. Is it possible to configure Exchange 2003 to share Calendars and Contacts between users, but use the email hosted at an ISP? They just don't have the resources or money to have someone support Exchange in-house. Any assistance is appreciated. Anton. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:20:03 -0700, Anton wrote: > > Hi, > > I am setting up SBS 2003 at a client site of 10 users. Is it possible to > configure Exchange 2003 to share Calendars and Contacts between users, > but use the email hosted at an ISP? > > They ...

Windows Update and Hotfixes on a server running exchange
I feel like a bit of an idiot asking this, but if you don't as for a torch you end up groping around in the dark. I have a Windows Server 2003 Standard server running Exchange 2003. I have afew questions. 1. Can I run the Windows Update to get all the hotfixes, or are there services I should be stopping before updating just in case. I'm thinking of Exchange in particular? 2. How do I check if I have Intelligent Message Filtering Version 1.0? 3. If I go to Control Panel> System and it simply says Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. Does this mean service pack 1 is not...

Microsoft CRM 4.0 Outlook Client v Nokia Ovi
Hi there we are running MS CRM 4.0 with Outlook Client, and have had 2 users recently install Nokia Ovi and since then on both computers the MS CRM outlook add in has failed to load in outlook. Web access still works fine. Anyone else had this? Perhaps both apps are fighting for Outlook functionality? I'll uninstall Ovi and update this post with findings. Cheers Matt Interesting. I've had no joy getting Outlook 2010 32 bit CRM client to work. I have read that the best way is to install 2007, get it working and then upgrade and it should work, but I did not have 2007 on he...

can u upgrade apple mac v4.2.1 to v.'X'?
can anyone help me as it is not clear from dealers or the microsoft web page - can you upgrade from v.4.2.1 on the apple mac to the current version which runs in apple mac system software 'X' which is version 10 / v.X? Many thanks In article <7176a7a3.0311030328.11e18513@posting.google.com>, info@nicolastyearchitects.co.uk (nic the greek) wrote: > can anyone help me as it is not clear from dealers or the microsoft > web page - can you upgrade from v.4.2.1 on the apple mac to the > current version which runs in apple mac system software 'X' which is > versio...

Upgrading Ms CRM1.2 to MS CRM3.0 V Beta
Hi, We have configured MS CRM 1.2 in our Organization and its working fine.Now we would like to instal MS CRM3.0 beta and upgrade the existing MSCRM1.2 to MSCRM 3.0 beta. Is it possible to upgrade the CRM server without loosing the data? Help needed thanks in advance Regards, Raju Raju, You should be able to upgrade your system with no data loss, the only things that won't will be unsupported customisations. HTH, Cheers Ben Trinity Expert Systems Don't do that for your production system! It is very unlikely, and not supported, that you will be able to upgrad...

New hotfix for event error
A number of users have reported this error in their CRM application event logs where it says cannot clean up activitybase table. Microsoft now has a hot fix for this issue as per this article TechKnowledge Microsoft CRM Deletion Service Failure Error "Cannot Clean Up ActivityBase Table" in the Application Event Log on the Microsoft CRM Server Return to previous page Document ID: 30380 Date Created: 4/24/2003 Date Last Modified: 12/8/2003 3:56:45 PM Language: English - United States C...

hotfix for RMS 1.3
where I can down load the lastest hotfix for RMS 1.3 Thanks You have to open an incident with MS Support and they will give you the link for the download. Craig "quy nguyen" <qnguyen@eretailsoft.com> wrote in message news:uXswqVJUHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > where I can down load the lastest hotfix for RMS 1.3 > Thanks > > ...