DPM2010 does not recognize USB Hard Drives

I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where DPM2010
is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I do
a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions?
They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives

DPM doesn't support USB drives.

--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX

"MCSE4u" <MCSE4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where
> DPM2010
> is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I
> do
> a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions?
> They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives

0
Santhosh
12/9/2009 8:16:25 PM
DPM doesn’t support USB drives...

--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX
http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
http://www.sivarajan.com/publications.html

"MCSE4u" <MCSE4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where
> DPM2010
> is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I
> do
> a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions?
> They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives

0
Santhosh
12/9/2009 8:21:17 PM
DPM does not reconize usb devices. See hardware requirements.
--
The Network Guy

"MCSE4u" wrote:

> I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where DPM2010
> is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I do
> a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions?
> They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives
You can utilize USB external HDDs as tapes with third party software called
Firestreamer, see www.cristalink.com

--
Nick

"MCSE4u" <MCSE4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where
>DPM2010
> is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I
> do
> a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions?
> They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives

0
cristalink

how do i recognize the figure button on excel
In article <E796C509-C8E0-4276-A376-949111F877F0@microsoft.com>, =?Utf- 8?B?bmVlZCBoZWxw?= <need help@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > > It's got the figure on it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions ...

Hyperlink is not recognized and cannot open in outlook 2003
Hyperlinks appear underlined and in blue in received emails, but I am unable to click and open them. The hyperlink is not recognized and I am therefore unable to select it. I am also unable to highlight any text (besides selecting all); perhaps that may have something to do with it. I have so far reset all web settings and I have checked whether IE is the default browser in folder options. Any suggestions? This is on messages you received? If the message format is HTML and the sender pasted the URL from a webpage, they may have pasted it as formatted text, not a live h...

Problem with iBook/Panther reinstallation/Office Test Drive
Hi all - I am a newbie (somewhat) to Macs and need assistance with a little problem I am having. I have an iBook (G3 purchased a couple of years ago) and just reinstalled Max OS S Panther as a "clean" installation. I used the Mac file system (journalled) and when I try installing the Office 2004 Test Drive, I get the error that it cannot run from a Read-only volume. I installed to the Mac harddrive and checking with the disk utilities, it shows the drive as being read/write. ;( Please help this hopeless newbie to install the test drive - I really want to use the Mac more ...

how do i automatically format a cell to only recognize the first w
I have a column that has a list of first names. I want to format the cells so that it will take out the middle initial if there is any. How can I do an auto-format to have it take out the middle initial? Thank Brian I don't think you'll find any formatting that'll help you. But if your names are entered like: Monee T. Man (with a single character followed by a period) Then you could use a formula like: =IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1,1)),A1,TRIM(REPLACE(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1,2,""))) Put this in a nearby cell and copy down the length of your list. If th...

USB PCI card driver
Hi I am working on porting a NET2280 USB PCI card WDM driver. i am confused as how to proceed with it. Can i modify the existing driver as a stream interface driver and then use registry settings as: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\USB] "Prefix"="NUB" "Dll"="NiDUsb.dll" "Class"=dword:0C "SubClass"=dword:03 to load the driver. Thanks Sreekanth The CE6 already has net2280 driver (public\COMMON\oak\drivers\UsbFn\controller\net2280\) is there any special reason you want to port it f...

Can't boot off hard drive
I left my computer on overnight, as I usually do, and everything was fine, but when I got up this morning it was in a pre-boot screen. I tried to reboot. F10 didn't do anything, nor did F8, so I went into the bios to check the boot sequence and the primary boot device was the DVD drive, followed by removable media (USB) and then the network. I am not particularly computer savvy, but shouldn't the hard drive be in there somewhere? Did a virus do this and how can I fix it? "pupdef" <pupdef@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eb5c45a4-e167-482e-9489-01797601...

my computer's c-drive fills up!!!
We installed ON on our computers at work (through a server) on November of last year. Haven't had any problems, until now. Two of us decided to update our ON, then I noticed that a certain Note Section will automatically expand & have no color. Then, got notice that ON couldn't be opened because my c-drive was full! Our company's IT people don't know what to do (shocker!). Has anyone else had this same issue? alejandra wrote: > We installed ON on our computers at work (through a server) on > November of last year. Haven't had any problems, unti...

Import calender, conacts, notes from disk to c drive
I have exported calender, notes and contacts from the C drive on one computer to a disk. I want to import from the disk to another computer. You should copy the .pst file from the old computer to the new and open the ..pst file on the new. "JJDerba" <JJDerba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9CEDA2F-3D69-4A49-9024-B279479291E1@microsoft.com... >I have exported calender, notes and contacts from the C drive on one >computer > to a disk. I want to import from the disk to another computer. JJDerba <JJDerba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Please Help! Messed up Hard Drive from using Partition Magic
I wanted to use Partition Magic to partition my hard drive, so I used the boot CD. When I loaded it up, it said that there were 2 errors in my hard drive and it could fix them, so I pressed fix. Unfortunately, I was running Vista and I only know now that they're incompatible. However, now my hard drive is completely screwed! If I plug my hard drive into my computer, my computer refuses to do anything after POST, it doesn't boot a CD or run anything from the hard drive. I unplugged my hard drive and it's booting CDs now, even though my CD was the primary boot device anyway...

M Drive
I have a client that installed Exchange on their C drive which is only 3.5 gb. The M drive reflects this drive size. The databases were moved to another drive which has about 30 gb free, however, the M drive still reflects 3.5 gb with 800 mb free. I saw another thread where the MVP said to ignore the M drive. It won't be a problem when the drive fills up even though it is virtual? And how is it that the mailboxes still show there if it is something I can ignore? Confused Yes, forget the M: -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "L...

Backup BD movies to the hard drive of Popcorn Hour
Backup BD movies to the&nbsp; hard drive of Popcorn Hour[img]http://www.pavmac.com/pic/2010/201001/100131bdripper2/popcornhour100131.jpg[/img]As DVD movies and Internet videos have become increasingly&nbsp; popular, digital entertainment enthusiasts have searched for a way to make the&nbsp; rich media content stored on their PC hard drives and home networks available&nbsp; through their TV. Popcorn Hour is such a powerful utility that designed for meeting&nbsp; people?s this need. For movie resources are various, this article will only&nbsp; focus on how to backup Blu-r...

USB 2.0 on older computer?
I have a Dell Dimension 4400, that appears to be USB 1.0, as I am constantly getting warnings about devices being able to perform faster, etc. Will a usb add-in card fix this? Thanks- Mike wrote: > I have a Dell Dimension 4400, that appears to be USB 1.0, as I am > constantly getting warnings about devices being able to perform > faster, etc. > Will a usb add-in card fix this? > Thanks- Yes. if you mean a card that goes into a PCI slot on the motherboard and you have a free PCI slot. Be sure to unplug your computer from the wall electric outlet before proceedin...

Saving CONTACT Sub files to a drive or zip drive
Hello. I normally understand the principles in saving a document or file in an application but don't understand how to save the Contact file in Outlook to a disk. Specifically, I want to send a single subfile to someone and I don't know how to isolate it to save it alone that I might save to disk or as an attachment to an email. Thank you. As long as the recipient is also using Outlook, try exporting the subfolder to a PST file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Miari Lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061b01c39d97$0d462830$a101280a...

How to copy an XP boot drive
My motherboard has crashed on a machine running XP Pro. I want to copy the boot drive (which is a small 20 gig drive) onto a new larger drive (500 gig or so), install it in a new machine with a new motherboard and have it boot up exactly like my old machine did. How to accomplish this? Some additional information: My �D� drive is a CD/DVD drive. My �E� drive is an internal �zip� drive (for Iomega Zip Disks) My �F� drive is a 500 gig hard drive on which almost all of my programs, data, photos, videos, etc. are stored. The new machine will be configured the same way, so that wh...

recover files from recycler on external hard drive
Hi, I have an external hard drive that I need to recover nearly 2 gigs of files stored in the recycler folder. None of them show up when opening the folder, but I can see the names of the files as I copy the folder to another drive. My son accidentally deleted the files and as he no longer has the computer he deleted them on, I can't get into them. I tried taking ownership of the folder as an administrator and the contents to no avail. I'm using XP Pro sp3 as was my son's old computer. The drive is NTFS formatted. Help please! "JulesH" <JulesH@dis...

Money 2002 Doesn't Recognize Money 2003 Password?
Hello. My problem is that Money 2002 doesn't appear to recognize the password from my Money 2003 *.mny file. I know that Money 2003 is supposedly backward compatible w/ 2002 (meaning 2003 will open/read 2002 files). However, is the reverse true? Is there a way for me to open/update my 2003-generated *.mny file using 2002, or am I out of luck? I like MS Money, but don't want to shell out more $$$ for Money 2003. I'm running Money 2003 (OEM version) on my desktop PC. On my laptop PC, I just installed the retail version of Money 2002 (which I'd originally bought for ...

USB stich influences FireWire throughput
Hello, I have a strange feature on my HP Compaq 8000. I have a device connected via FireWire. While data is transferred from device to PC, throughput is rather low. This is easy to determine using a FireWire bus analyzer. The analyzer shows a lot of data packets have to be resend/retried. However, when I insert a USB flash drive, my FireWire performance goes up: the analyzer shows no retries any longer. I used several USB sticks and only one had no impact. Using a USB mouse doesn't have influence either. What can be the cause for this? The PC has no specials installed: it&#...

Can't install new USB device
I have a Toshiba Tecra with Win XP Professional and SP3. It seems that after installing SP3 it is not possible to install any new USB devices. The devices that I previously installed work OK, but if I plug them into another USP port they do not work. If I insert a new USB device, I get the usual screen asking whether the installation should be automatic or to select the source for the driver. If I use the automatic option, after a while a screen comes up with an error message and in the hardware Manager there is an error "code 1". Any ideas on how I can fix this pro...

New Disk storage

Problems with programs, help files, excel, on partitioned hard drive
Good Morning, Not sure where to post or where to start with this one. I have a hard drive with several partitions. Windows 2000 and IE are on the C: partition and everything else is in it's own partition. So Office 2000 is installed in the "Program Files" Partition and "My Documents" and other data folders have their own partitions. I used TweakUI to make sure everyone knows where they are. Everything works fine except for help files and maybe some stuff in Excel's VBA editor (such as certain scripts not being able to run properly). The help files I'm sur...

Burners not recognized
I have two burners that stopped being recognized after I uninstalled Nero. When I use Device Mgr to find the problem or the hardware wizard to install the drives, I get the following message: "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)" The burners are SATA as is my hard drive (which is working). BIOS recognizes them and I can use them to boot but they do not work in XP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Code 41 and fix http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems -- Peter Plea...

Copying outlook backup .pst to cd drive
When I try to copy an outlook backup to my cd drive I get an error saying I do not have access to the drive. Everything else will copy, but not the .pst file; I am running with administrator access. Outlook version 2002 You have to make sure no one is accessing the PST. Close outlook for the machine you wish to backup. Robinson >-----Original Message----- >When I try to copy an outlook backup to my cd drive I get >an error saying I do not have access to the drive. >Everything else will copy, but not the .pst file; I am >running with administrator access. Outlook v...

Change drive letters on Exchange 2003 (first post hasn't appeared)
Hi, Sorry for the long post, trying to make sure I have everything Background: Windows 2003 Cluster Exchange 2003 Cluster, single;e virtual server in Active/Passive config (3 node cluster) Additional SRS server Exchange 5.5 server Single site, single Org When the Exchange cluster was installed (new resource created), the Data path was configured as M:\Exchsrvr (located on shared SAN as physical disk) The server is currently not live (only has test users, public folder replicas, not primary RUS) It has been decided that they wish to remove Exchange from the M: drive and change the dr...

Between a rock and hard place
This is about an older lap top with XP home. There were numerous errors showing up and a diagnostic routine implicated the HD. I removed the HD and set it up as an external usb drive on another machine. This way I was able to save the user's files to a flash drive. The plan was to clean the HD and reinstall the OS from the manufacturer's supplied CD. Then I set out to do this, recognizing that typically this action would first format the HD before the reinstall. Now a new problem showed up. With the CD in its drive I was ready to go. This is when stuff hit the proverbia...