DPM2010 best way to temporality stop clients from syncing.

If a user will be connected by a very slow link for some time, like a trip
with slow dial up VPN, and I want to disable the syncing, would the best way
to stop it be to disable the scheduled task?

hi Kelly

 To stop the job on a prolonged period, yes this works.
 Another short term option is to cancel the running job - this gives the
effect of snooze & backups don't run until next scheduled time (For eg: if
the backups are scheduled to run every 6 hours, on cancellation - backup
won't run for the next 6 hours from current time).

Regards,
vrmurthy[MSFT]

<C.Kelly@noemail.noemail> wrote in message

> If a user will be connected by a very slow link for some time, like a trip
> with slow dial up VPN, and I want to disable the syncing, would the best
> way to stop it be to disable the scheduled task?

0
vrmurthy

Desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook with RollUp 1
Hi If in install ‘Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’ ‘Version 3.0.5300.1361’ on my PC and then I go to install Update RollUp 1, should I be receiving any errors, or will Update Rollup 1 only install on a PC that has an earlier version of Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’. The reason I ask is that Update RollUp 1 installs fine on a PC that has ‘Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’ ‘Version 3.0.5300.0’ Thanks Doc As far as I know the v3c client already contains the fixes that are included in update rollup 1, so...

Netscape wants to come up even when outlook is default client #3
i have a strange problem. I have users that click on an email link and about every 3 out of 10 times the system will launch netscape messenger instead of outlook 2002( which is set as the default mail client).Any ideas? ...

POP3 Clients with Exchange Mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2k3 environment. Now I have to add new users with mailboxes. These users cannot use standard connectivity. They will need to use pop3 accounts on my exchange server. Furthermore these users have user accounts in a child domain of the domain where the exchange sits. These users NEED to have mailboxes in exchange for logging purposes. The exchange server needs to pickup mail for these users externally and deliver it to the users mailbox. When sending it should do the same? Any pointers on how to setup this? Kind regards david In news:OzZqocf7GHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP05....

Sync only selected task folders?
I have a huge file of tasks, some outdated, in my outlook. I want to keep those tasks so that I can search for things should I need them, however I do not need them all to sync to my handheld (this is overwhelming and slows down my phone). I want to move all the old tasks into a different folder, and have that folder NOT sync to my handheld. So, my question is, how can I sync only selected folders of tasks to my handheld? I am using Office 2007 on a Windows XP system, and I use ActiveSync. Thank you! -- bea17 Move the old tasks to a Task folder outside of your mail...

CRM Outlook Client error, not finding sender in CRM
Most of my users work just fine. But I have a couple that are causing me problems. When they create an email in Outlook 2003, and they choose to track the email in CRM, when they send it, it comes up with an error that says "The sender does not have an e-mail address in CRM......". This only happens to a couple of users. I have not been able to find any difference between their accounts and any of the users who are working. They are all logged into the domain, and their accounts are all setup in crm using the domain accounts they are logged in with, and the email address ...

filter stopped working
I've been using the same filtered worksheet all day and it has filtered to my chosen item in the drop down list. All of the sudden, when trying to go from one filtered item to the next, the filtered list doesn't appear when I try clicking on the triangle. No changes have been made to the workbook and freeze panes isn't on. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a bug? The only way of getting them back on is to unfilter the entire area, unhide the rows, which are stuck to the last filtered items, and then reapply filters. Have you been deleting names from your workbook i...

How do I stop Excel auto formatting the text 3-4 as 04 Apr?
I run a web query that imports soccer results to Excel. Unfortunately the web site formats the result as 3-1 for example. This text is automatically converted to 03 Jan by Excel. I can't seem to stop this happening, even if I explicitly set the cell format to text. Doing so just converts the contents, which were a date, to the internal date number and if I re load the data it reverts to 03 Jan again. Does anyone know how I might get excel to leave the format of the cells alone? thanks ahughf There is no turn off for this, you can either preformat the cells as text or precede the e...

Deploying CRM 4.0 Outlook client with GPO
Hi; Has anyone seen any guidance on how to roll out the CRM 4.0 Outlook Client using Group Policy? In CRM 3.0, MBS provided instructions but I cannot find them for v4.0. Thanks in advance. Dave Ireland ------=_NextPart_0001_C33C513F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Dave, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. For my understanding, the document which describes about GPO distribution is the implementation guide. Have you already referred this document? Kind Regards, Ken Microsoft Online Partner Support ============================...

Is there a way to have everything that is copied
HI, is there a way for everything that is copied to a folder to be automatically marked as read? I have a rule that automatically copies the e-mail to another folder but it doesn't mark it as read. I tried to adjust the current rule to copy it and then mark it as read but then it didn't show up in my inbox as unread because it marked it as read. So to be clear you want it copied to another folder and you want the COPY marked as read but you want the original to stay in the Inbox and as unread? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP R...

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

CRM client for Outlook
Does anyone know the proper way to customize clients installation so avoid initial synchronization (which just kills Outlook in my environment). I have 3-4 registry changes recommended by MS that I want to include in this package. Thaks! ...

Slow IE clients
Hi All, I am being frustrated by a client issue in CRM 3.0 PC1: Running Vista and IE 7. No proxy config. CRM runs fine in IE - really fast, no problems. PC2: Running XP with SP2 and IE6 with SP2. As PC is a user PC it has a auto proxy config script entry in IE. On logging in to CRM performance is slow when clicking on some entries - takes about 20 seconds to load the screen. I have installed the Outlook CRM client on the same PC - this runs fine and gives similar performance to PC1. On PC2 I removed the auto proxy config script in IE6 but the problem still remains. The probl...

Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We have a legacy Ex5.5/SP4 on an NT/SP6 box that we are going to migrate to Exchange 2003 (server-name MAIL). We have already upgraded (in a testing network environment) an old DC through which we created a new AD Domain. When we join MAIL to the AD Domain for testing purpose, we can no longer login via either OWA or Office Outlook. However, POP3 and SMTP works (through Outlook Express for example). Any clues? I guess some GPO is causing this, but what should we look after? Thanks in advance. Manos ...

Equation Editor suddenly stopped working in Office 2004
I just tried to insert an equation in Word using Equation Editor. I get "The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed." This is after I removed and reinstalled Office 2004. Twice. And running Equation Editor straight from the icon isn't working either. Help! Oh, and I'm using Tiger v. 10.4.3. I've repaired permissions multiple times. <gorun10k@hotmail.com> wrote: > This is after I removed and reinstalled Office 2004. Twice. And > ru...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...

Palm not syncing with Outlook
When trying to Hotsync a Palm with Outlook 2002 on a IBM Laptop. Receiving error "the custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. The object does not support the requested action" Try checking a palm support forum. the problem originates with the palm software, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Spencer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When trying to Hotsync a Palm with Outlook 2002 on a IBM | La...

stop reformatting as lists
How to stop Outlook from reformatting things like "*" and "->" etc Thanks. "John Grandy" <john.arthur.grandy-at-gmail.com> wrote in message news:enfXHmL6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How to stop Outlook from reformatting things like "*" and "->" etc Could you be more explicit, please, and also state your Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

How to stop a update-download?
How can i cancel a (automatically) started download from the update-center? See the reply to your previous post a few minutes earlier. No need to post twice. "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2853C31-1515-427A-9AF2-167DE4D7D7AC@microsoft.com... : How can i cancel a (automatically) started download from the update-center? I'm sorry. There are so much breakdowns on my internet connection, so i did not know if the post was successful. It didn't appear fo 1 hr. Can you help my on my question? "Tom Willett" wrote:...

Rollup 1 vs. V3c client
I take it one should install the Update Rollup 1 on the server even if the V3c client is to be installed on the workstations? And then is it safe to assume V3c includes all the rollup 1 client updates? Thanks, - Steve Yates - ITS, Inc. - "Technoweenie" should be said with RESPECT! ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~ You are right. If you have installed the v3c on the clients, then all the hotfixes which are in the rollup 1 are installed as well. Furthermore for the server you'd still need to install the update rollup 1. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen ...

Run-time error during offline DB sync
Both registers get the same error: --------------- Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)': OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Login timeout expired". --------------- I am able to successfully connect to the offline DB without issue from the Admin program. Obviously, both registers connect to my live DB without issue. What is going on? Thanks, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail Tom, Do you have a lot of customers or items in your database. I mean extreme amounts like more than 400,000? -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry...

Cisco finally releases 64bit IPSEC client
I know there have people asking about this over the past few years. http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/60478 About time. I'll be interested to hear from those who use Cisco how well it works and what versions they've tried it on. Thanks, Bobby. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel ...

EXCEL, VSTO: Fastest way to access multiple cells
Hi all, Can anybody help clarifying my issues? In one part of my Excel/VSTO application, I have to compare values of cells and assign a background color according to the result of the comparison. The code looks something like this: .... rng = wkSheet.Range("A1:Z1000") vals = Array(1000 * 26 ) ' same size as 'rng' Do ( for the whole range ) If vals(i, j) > XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Else If vals(i, j) = XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Else ' vals(i, j) < XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End ...

Error when accessing CRM client in IE
I am getting i do not have permissions to view. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions? check your role you belong to... ask your crm admin... "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA24E3B1-3E2A-4704-9D00-C3186CA679E5@microsoft.com... >I am getting i do not have permissions to view. I am not sure how to > troubleshoot this. Any suggestions? This is a test system and I am logged on as CRMadmin which belongs to the Domain Admin group. When I go to IIS and browse the virtual server, it tries to open the page but then I get I ca...

Microsoft, please stop SAPPING me
To Microsoft: This request probably does not belong here but I could not find anywhere else to post this. I keep getting spammed by Microsoft sometimes when I logon to MS Messenger, for example, this last time I got a useless and annoying: “Messenger Tips: Share photos with friends instantly” pop-up message when I logged on. Sorry but I consider this spam because it’s unsolicited information that is distracting to me, plus, it’s pretty clear to me that the only reason why Microsoft pops-up this unsolicited information is because they want people to use it so that they...

Attaching letters to clients/companies
Hi, In CRM v3 is the abililty to add a "Letter" record to a client/company in which it appears you can add the subject, some notes, dates etc. However, it doesnt appear that you can add the actual letter via an attachment or other means. Is there anyway to add all correspondance to a client/company so that other CRM users are able to see the actual letter, rather than someones notes *about* the letter (which might miss out, in our case, crucial wording or absence of crucial wording) ? Olly Hello Oliver, You can attach files to letter activities. If you look into the toolba...