DPM2010 and Exchange2010 - 45984

Hi,
Every one,
Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database?
Thanks.

Yes, you can use DPM 2010 to restore an Exchange 2010 public folder database.
--
Sai Peyyeti [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights

"AskskA" wrote:

> Hi,
> Every one,
> Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database?
> Thanks.

DPM2010 RTM
I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns the error ID 2013 logon failure. 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP? Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the same account? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

DPM2010 Tape Handling
Is it possible to configure a Protection Group that dumps data to tape every night - no matter what tape is inserted ? We always seem to have the wrong tape in there. I want DPM to simply overwrite the tape on a daily basis, no questions asked. Thanks. Ian You could run a script that marks the tape as free, but then you'd be overwriting it every night. If you want to append data I don't think you could get around the built-in limitations. Daniel "Ian Moran" wrote: > Is it possible to configure a Protection Group that dumps data to tape every ...

DPM2010
Is there a report or way to tell how much storage space each client is talking, If you have like 20 clients in one protection group that is co-located? I can't find a way, but I think something like that would be very useful as it would be hard to know if someone was taking up way to much space without it. We have a client specific report containing the disk usage details for clients. Please go to the reporting tab and click on disk Utilization report and select clients in 'group by' options I will encourage you to provide feedback on this report if it does no...

Is IIS needed on DPM2010 server?
In the DPM2007 documentation it says IIS is needed. However the documentation wasn't updated for DPM2010 beta or RC. And I was able to install both without being told that I needed to IIS and the installs didn't it. So therefore is the requirement for IIS gone? If not what is it needed for? Nope SQL Server 2008 is installed with DPM. SSRS no longer requires IIS to function, FINALLY! "Sam" wrote: > In the DPM2007 documentation it says IIS is needed. However the documentation > wasn't updated for DPM2010 beta or RC. And I was able to install both w...

The system could not find the volume specified 0x801F0014 DPM2010
DPM Server is 2008 r2 x64 and protected server is 2008 sp2 x64. All of a sudden this started happening. Reinstalled agent, and recreated the protection group didn't fix the issue. Type: Consistency check Status: Failed Description: An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details: The system could not find the volume specified (0x801F0014)) More information End time: 3/10/2010 3:57:31 PM Start time: 3/10/2010 3:57:28 PM Time elapsed: 00:00:03 Data transferred: - Cluster node - Source details: F:\ Protection group members: 2 Details Protection gr...

DPM2010 and Exchange2010
Hi, Every one, Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database? Thanks. Yes, you can use DPM 2010 to restore an Exchange 2010 public folder database. -- Sai Peyyeti [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "AskskA" wrote: > Hi, > Every one, > Does DPM2010 restore Exchange2010 Public Folder Database? > Thanks. > > ...

DPM2010 RC Agent Installation Failure
Hi there, I have DPM 2010 RC succesfully installed on a Server 2008 R2 domain controller. The SQL Database is running locally on this DC as well, everything seems to work fine. I am just having problems installing agents, either from the DPM console or remotely attaching them. When I try to install the agent from the DPM console I get the following error: Install protection agent on LHC-S1N4.GF-LHC.local failed: Error 303: The protection agent operation failed on LHC-S1N4.GF-LHC.local. Error details: The group name could not be found Recommended action: Review the error det...

New DPM2010 RC isntall. A few issues
I'm testing DPM2010 RC with some clients and have run across a few things I thought I would post here. I have the server hooked up to 2 clients 1 XP and 1 Win7 and on both of them in the DPM GUI on the client if I click on the Recover tab and then the search icon I get an error. The server is listed correctly, as DMP.domain.local and the clients are being protected. The error is: Unable to contact the DPM server. The specified server does not exist or is not compatible with the DPM Client. Recommendations: 1: Make sure DPM server name is correct. 2: Contact your DPM admin...

DPM2010
Got a DPM2010 server and trying to protect my sql server with 4 instances. 3 Instances will get protected. One instance gives the following messages and isn't visible in the modifying or creating a protection group. Messages are listed below. Anyone have experience with this issue? DPM could not enumerate application component MER1-SRV025\SCCM\master on protected computer mer1-srv025.zorg.local. (ID: 964) DPM could not enumerate application component MER1-SRV025\SCCM\model on protected computer mer1-srv025.zorg.local. (ID: 964) DPM could not enumerate application compone...

DPM2010 beta tape format / disk format and future compatibility?
DPM gurus, We are looking to move our entire backup system from Symantec BE 12.5 to DPM, and at the same time implement a D2D2T system with DPM. We have an LTO3 robot for tape, and I currently have ~4TB of raw storage that I plan to put into a hardware (LSI SAS 8888ELP with BBU) RAID5 array, with the ability to expand it further if needed (controller has an external SAS port). We currently backup about 300-400GB to tape nightly and I really only need one or two days of data to live on disk for any length of time. Is on-disk data from the 2010 beta going to be compatible wi...

DPM2010 and Exchange2010
Hi! Does DPM2010 backup Exchange2010 mailbox and Public folders,Calendars・・・ Thanks! You can backup Exchange 2010 mailbox databases and public folder database as well using DPM 2010. Recovery is supported at a granular level of mailboxes. -- Sai Peyyeti [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "AskskA" wrote: > Hi! > Does DPM2010 backup Exchange2010 mailbox and Public folders,Calendars・・・ > > Thanks! ...

Upgrade DPM2010 beta to DPM2010RC question...
Instead of removing beta I just installed RC. Ugprade seemed to go fine and I hadn't even used beta yet. However I noticed the beta SQL database was still on the machine. Therefore now I've got 2 instances of SQL Servers. One for beta and one for RC. Should I remove everything and do a fresh install? Or somehow clean up the beta stuff? And if so what is the procedure? Take a look at this old thread. You can manually uninstall the MSDPMV3BETA1EVAL instance.. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager&t...

DPM2010: DPMRA.exe
One server I've gotten this error a few times, it's a windows 2003 server fully patched with the DPM client installed, it's an exchange 2003 server as well as a DC, it's in 2 protection groups, one protects exchange and the other protects the system state. When I remote into the box sometime I get a pop up with the following, I click ok and everything seems to be ok. The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x78587892 Do you observe any backup failures on the DPM Server for either the exchange PG or t...

Backup of 2008R2 Hyper-V CSV enabled cluster with DPM2010
Hi, I am having some issues with backuping up Hyper-V guests running on a 2-server node and CSV enabled volumes. DPM2010 is running inside a guest on ServerA and can successfully backup guests that are situated on ServerB, but as soon as I live-migrate the guest to ServerA, the backup then fails. If I check the eventlogs, it says the Virtual Disk service and Shadow copy service is starting and then stopping due to timeout after a while. As soon as I live-migrate the guest back to ServerB and attempt a new backup (or consistency check for that matter) the processes succeeds. In...

DPM2010: Disconnected clients feedback
Hi there, the ability to protect clients (even notebooks) is great. I'm looking forward to implement this soon! During my tests I found the following problems: - Backups slow down the protected client. Reducing the priority of DPMRA.exe to "Low" and issuing low-priority IO could solve this problem. (also applies to protected servers) - There should be an easy way to postpone backup by 1/3/5 hours from the client. - There's no feedback about the backup process. The only status I see on my client is "Connecting to DPM Server...". I'd like to kno...

DPM2010 and backing up Vm's on Hyper-V servers in a cluster
I have installed DPM Protection agent on a Hyper V server 2008-R2 and i automatically see the VM (child snapshot....) on the Hyper-V in DPM2010 if i want to backup the VM using DPM2010. And i can take a backup of the Hyper-V volumes and of the child VM. So far, so good. I have installed DPM Protection agent on 1 of the Hyper-V servers Win2008-R2 forming together a cluster. I can backup the Hyper-V volumes with DPM2010 but i don't see in DPM2020 my VMs on that Hyper V server. And so i cannot select it to back it up. No child snapshot line is there ... And i don't know why...

Data DeDuplication in DPM2010
Hi, We are new to DPM product. Does Data DeDuplication is available with DPM2010..? If yes is there any guide/document about how to test it or how it works in DPM2010. Thanks, Tejas Data Deduplication is not available with DPM 2010. But DPM stores only the changed data contents using VSS. It reduces space requirement between two recovery points, at the same time it don't do any disk space optimization if a single file is being protected from multiple servers/places. Can you please take a look at the following thread where DPM and Dedup related behavior is discusse...

Moved SharePoint DB using SQL Alias unable to backup with DPM2010 RC
Hello: I am unable to backup our SharePoint 2007 farm due to error 956. DPM cannot protect your Windows SharePoint Service farm until you install agents on the following servers: <Virtual Server IP> Farm consists of 3 WFEs and a SQL 2008 Failover Cluster with 2 nodes, all running Windows 2008 R2. Agent is installed on 1 WFE and both SQL servers. The SQL connection is aliased. When I run ConfigureSharepoint -ResolveAllSqlAliases it reports each of the databases with an acceptable clustername. (eg Database Name: SharePoint_Config, Alias Name:<Alias IP>, Logical Pa...

Error ID 31313
Hi there Im using a Cluster of 3 Windows Server 2008 R1 as my virtual environment, and would like to use DPM 2010 as backup solution for my VM's. When I try to add a VM to a protection group I get the error msg ID 31313. I have installed the hotfixes 948465 - service pack 2 & 971394 on all 3 nodes, but im still getting the error Even though my system information says that I have installed service pack 2, i cant see the hotfix number in my update list. What can I do? Hi, Did you do an agent refresh of the servers from the Agent Management tab in the DPM conso...

DPM2010 does not recognize USB Hard Drives
I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where DPM2010 is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I do a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions? They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives DPM doesn't support USB drives. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://www.sivarajan.com/publications.html "MCSE4u" <MCSE4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1058183C-C0DA-491D-874B-4CE...

DPM2010 HyperV Only VHD Backup
We have a HyperV cluster using CSV. The children backups run fine. However, when trying to restore one of the children via the console, we are informed the selected element is only the vhd, not the virtual machine. What do we need to do to be able to backup and restore the full virtual machine as it was in 2007? Recreating configuration files for every virtual system we need to restore takes longer than it should, as well as causing the system to see all devices as being fresh, thereby losing network card configurations and other important data. Select "All protected...

DPM2010 Eval: Disk allocation bug?
I have a protection group that includes several directories on the E:\ volume of a database server. The database files themselves are about 185GB and are located in E:\Databases, and several other files totaling about 600MB are in various other directories on E:\, including some located in E:\Databases\Connections (I didn't set it up this way, but that's the way it is). The PG backs up the databases as a SQL Server, and other files using Volume backup. In the PG I have explicitly excluded E:\Databases (to avoid backing up the DB files a second time) and included E:\Dat...

DPM2010
I upgraded 2007SP1 to 2010, and I had 7 VM's backing up that I wanted to co-locate to save space. So I stopped protection of the group, but kept the data, and then recreated the group with co-location. I was expecting all the old volumes to be deleted after the new group was recreated and synced, but it seems all the old volumes are still there and no data has been freed up. What should I have done different or what can I do now to get rid of the old volumes and free up the space as I'm getting short now. Can you please check the replication might be happening...

Urgent: DPM2010 beta to RC upgrade problem
After an apparently succesful upgrade of DPM2010 beta to RC, we are unable to open the Management tab. We get a MMC stopped working This is what we did: Backup DPMDB with dpmbackup -db Copy DPMDB to another location Uninstall DPM2010 RC Reinstall DPM2010 RC Opening op DPM console without a problem (clean database) Restore DPMDB dpmsync -sync Opening op DPM console now complete fails (grey screen) Can you advise us what to do? Currently we are repeating above steps but we will rename the remaining directory of DPM before reinstallation. Another thing we would like to know...

Unable to configure as Exchange client for Exchange2010
Hi, We have deployed Exchange server2010 in our Organization and trying to configure Exchange client in Entourage 2008, I cannot connect to Exchange server but im able to configure\connect entourage2008 to Exchange2007 or Exchange2003 servers sucessfully. awaiting for your valuable reply. -- Signing off, Lokesh On 3/3/10 8:27 AM, in article EA13E8D6-D3F7-4781-ACB6-A8DDE95F5E9E@microsoft.com, "LokeshBabu" <lokeshth@live.in> wrote: > Hi, > > We have deployed Exchange server2010 in our Organization and trying to > configure Exchange clie...