DPM2010 and Exchange2010 - 129024

Hi!
Does DPM2010 backup Exchange2010 mailbox and Public folders,Calendars・・・

Thanks!

You can backup Exchange 2010 mailbox databases  and public folder database as
well using DPM 2010. Recovery is supported at a granular level of mailboxes.
--
Sai Peyyeti [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights

"AskskA" wrote:

> Hi!
> Does DPM2010 backup Exchange2010 mailbox and Public folders,Calendars・・・
>
> Thanks!

Backup of 2008R2 Hyper-V CSV enabled cluster with DPM2010
Hi, I am having some issues with backuping up Hyper-V guests running on a 2-server node and CSV enabled volumes. DPM2010 is running inside a guest on ServerA and can successfully backup guests that are situated on ServerB, but as soon as I live-migrate the guest to ServerA, the backup then fails. If I check the eventlogs, it says the Virtual Disk service and Shadow copy service is starting and then stopping due to timeout after a while. As soon as I live-migrate the guest back to ServerB and attempt a new backup (or consistency check for that matter) the processes succeeds. In...

DPM2010 EFS files in self recovery
If a user has EFS files DPM protects them, and EFS files can be restored from the DPM server to the original location or to a new location, the users private key is needed to open the files ones restored, all that is to be expected. However when the user "self recovers" via the "recovery" tab in the client UI, the user cannot open or copy any EFSed files, even though they have the corresponding private key. hi Kelly this is a known issue and we are working with EFS team to nail the issue. DPM Admin initiated recovery is the way for recovering encry...

HyperV protection failing with replication inconsistent-dpm2010
I'm having this occur on two different Hyper-V vm's, one a DC, one not a dc.. Not sure why this is the case.. here are the errors (same for both) Affected area: \Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot\VSBorg02 Occurred since: 1/31/2010 7:51:56 PM Description: The replica of Microsoft Hyper-V \Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot\VSBorg02 on Vserver02.pst.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points,...

DPM2010
I have 10 clients in a protection group, and after the first sync very little gets pushed daily, about 10MB-50MB on each sync on average. I have 1 client that is pushing over 1Gb on each sync with a total of only 10GBs pushed on the first sync. I'd like to be able to tell somehow why so much is getting pushed on each sync as these laptops sometime are on VPN connections and there is no way that much data could get transferred each day. What would be the best way to go about figuring this out. hi Kelly DPM Agent transfers only the files that have got changed(changed bl...

Restore Dpm2010 backups with Dpm 2007 possible?
We have Dpm2010 Rc running , Because of a license issue we possible have to go back to Dpm2007: Is it possible to use the Dpm2010 backups within Dpm 2007? Thanks No this is not a supported scenario. DPM 2007 might not be able to understand the backup metadata schema used in DPM 2010. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. "Mattu53...

Error ID 31313
Hi there Im using a Cluster of 3 Windows Server 2008 R1 as my virtual environment, and would like to use DPM 2010 as backup solution for my VM's. When I try to add a VM to a protection group I get the error msg ID 31313. I have installed the hotfixes 948465 - service pack 2 & 971394 on all 3 nodes, but im still getting the error Even though my system information says that I have installed service pack 2, i cant see the hotfix number in my update list. What can I do? Hi, Did you do an agent refresh of the servers from the Agent Management tab in the DPM conso...

DPM2010 RC backup of Hyper-V R2 Essentials Business Server Security Server kills network
We have virtualised Windows Essential Business Server across two physical boxes using Hyper-V R2. One of those boxes is running the Security Server (Threat Management Gateway) Last night we started a full Hyper-V-aware backup of the security server to a single Protection Group on DPM2010 RC. As a result network traffic was so severe we had to terminate the backup. We have no issues performing a backup of a 30Gb Exchange Storage group so this increase in network traffic is not normal. Known issue ? Ian If you want to control the network resources usage between DPM...

DPM SRT and DPM2010
Question, Is DPMSRT integrated within DPM2010, because the DPM2010 download on "Microsoft Pratner download" still contains a copy of DPM2007 DPMSRT. With DPM2007, we installed DPMSRT on a different system from the DPM2007 server and we had to reserve extra diskspace on the remote system for SRT backup info. Is this still the case with DPM2010, or is the diskspace used for normal backup operations from DPM2010 also used for DMPSRT purposes. Thanks for your reply, Found the answer on: http://www.scdpmonline.org/dpm-2010-bare-metal-recovery.aspx Op 20-5-2010 9:16,...

DPM2010 installation fails with ID: 820
I have installed DPM2010 several times now without any problems. The past 5 installations have all gone wrong however and all fail with the same error. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. My server is a Windows 2008 R2 server with 4GB of RAM and a few local disks. Because the previous installations went wrong, I reinstalled the OS, did a Windows Update and made the machine a member of a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain. The DPM installation starts out fine and accepts the configuration. It also installs SQL Server 2008 without error. Fairly quickly after the Data Prote...

Hyper-V Host backup DPM2010 BETA
I'm new to DPM. I have some questions I can't seem to find answers to in the docs. How do I backup a Hyper-V host with four guests? At the host level or at the guest level? If I add the host only are the guests recognized automatically by DPM2010? The host is 2008 Ent while the guests are 2008 R2 Ent. No CSVs. Also.. ..the build over on CONNECT says it is BETA. Is that then BETA 1? I've heard mention of BETA 3.. ..how do I tell which build I have? Thanks for any help. Tony. -- Anthony Murfet Backing up Hyper-V guests is possible both ways, here is a quick compa...

E2K7 backup problem via DPM2010 beta
I now instal DPM agent on E2K7 w/SP2 and with news rollup 1, OS W2K8 w/SP2 and all updates. After this I try set protection group and DPM UI wrote: One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing. Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on MAGGIE.faf.cuni.cz and/or all nodes in the cluster: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with Knowledge Base article 940349 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034) - OR - Windows Server 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128812) Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 ...

Problems backup Sharepoint Services 3.0 with DPM2010
Hello, I have a new install of a DPM2010 Beta (after a failed update from DPM2007) und try to backup my Sharepoint Services Server. Config of the Sharepoint machine is: Windows 2008 SP2 (german) Sharepoint Services 3.0 SP2 (german) I have installed the agent manually (uninstalled old agent before) on this machine and connect the agent to the new DPM server. Now the problem: If I run the "configuresharepoint.exe" command I get the error message: The specified account domain\account could not configured for SharePoint Protection. HRESULT = 0x800703e5 If I try...

The system could not find the volume specified 0x801F0014 DPM2010
DPM Server is 2008 r2 x64 and protected server is 2008 sp2 x64. All of a sudden this started happening. Reinstalled agent, and recreated the protection group didn't fix the issue. Type: Consistency check Status: Failed Description: An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details: The system could not find the volume specified (0x801F0014)) More information End time: 3/10/2010 3:57:31 PM Start time: 3/10/2010 3:57:28 PM Time elapsed: 00:00:03 Data transferred: - Cluster node - Source details: F:\ Protection group members: 2 Details Protection gr...

DPM2010 best way to temporality stop clients from syncing.
If a user will be connected by a very slow link for some time, like a trip with slow dial up VPN, and I want to disable the syncing, would the best way to stop it be to disable the scheduled task? hi Kelly To stop the job on a prolonged period, yes this works. Another short term option is to cancel the running job - this gives the effect of snooze & backups don't run until next scheduled time (For eg: if the backups are scheduled to run every 6 hours, on cancellation - backup won't run for the next 6 hours from current time). Regards, vrmurthy[MSFT] ...

DPM2010 not showing exchange within a SBS2003 server
I have just installed the 2010 RC Server and pushed out the agent to a SBS2003 SP2 windows server. When I browse the folders of the SBS server to create a Protection group I can't see the Exchange or Sharepoint folders, I can however see SQL folders. If I then click on either the Sharepoint or Exchange sql database I get this message One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing. Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on saturn.profileltd.local and/or all nodes in the cluster: Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Knowledge Base article ...

DPM2010
After upgrading my Hyper-V hosts with the DPM 2010 agents they all were left in a pending Windows Update reboot state, caused by the somewhat surprising automatic installation of hotfix KB975759. I guess there is a good reason for that, but it would be nice if the documentation or setup wizard would have mentioned the fact. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399140.aspx just mentions this hotfix as a prerequisite for protecting file servers, not Hyper-V hosts. If any Hyper-V host is protected by installing the agent inside the OS, is treated as the file se...

DPM2010 recovery scheme of VM (Hyper-V R2)
hi, i want to implement the following scheme giving birth to my current architecture; I have two physical sites (Site1 and Site2) joined by a link of 10Mbps. I am currently doing backup of the VM is a scheme that are Hyper-V cluster with CSV. What I want is to recover the virtual DPM2010 another backup with Hyper-V server that is in the Site2 that has the agent installed. This is possible because I do not see how to do it from the console of DPM2010. Or if or if I have to install another DPM (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795680.aspx) thanks in advance...

OL2007
In our environment with OL2007 and EX2010 it isn�t possible to do a Save All Attachments on mails with multiple attachments which have been sent to us from outside our organisation. Mails sent from inside our environment is working fine to save all attchments. Mariah What happens when you try? Any error messages or is the option just grayed out? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answer...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

DPM2010-RC Hyper-V problem
Hello all, On DPM2010-RC, when I try to select the Hyper-V part of an added host, I get the following error: --------------- One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing. Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on bucksrv02.bciglobal.nl and/or all nodes in the cluster: Windows Server 2008 with Knowledge Base article 948465 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465) AND Knowledge Base article 971394 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971394) - OR - Windows Server 2008 R2 with Knowledge Base article 975921(http://suppor...

Bug
Hay, I know that it's beta version but if I choose refresh filter in Monitoring- Jobs everything disappears . Hi Jelena, 1. Do you get to see any string like "Please wait while jobs are being retried" when you click refresh in the middle of the Jobs view? 2. After jobs disappear how long its taking to populate the job results? If it is taking too long can you please share your filter settings, how many results it is getting, and how long it is taking. Are you using local DPM Database/remote database? 3. If the results never appear, Please check your filter settings...

DPM2010 RC Hyper-V Protection Error
I am consistently getting the following error when DPM tries to create a recovery point for one of my VMs: Type: Recovery Point Ststus: Failed Description: DPM encountered and error while performing an operation for <clustered shared volume path> on <DPM server name> (ID 2033 Details: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0x80070020)) How are you protecting the virtual machine - as vhd files or as a VM under the Hyper-V node in the cluster resource group. If it is the former then that is wrong. -- Thanks Shyama H...

DPM2010 Error 0x8004243d creating protection group
Hi, I get following error when I'm trying to create a new Protection Group: Create protection group: Protection Group 1 failed: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: Unknown error (0x8004243d) Recommended action: Retry the operation. Allocate Replica For C:\ failed: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: Unknown error (0x8004243d) Recommended action: Retry the operation 0x8004243D means VDS_E_VOLUME_NOT_ONLINE DPM v3 Beta is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. One Storag...

DPM2010 does not recognize USB Hard Drives
I have two 1TB USB external hard drives connected to the server where DPM2010 is installed. I am unable to add them as disks under Management, Disks. I do a rescan and there still aren't there. Any suggestions? They access just fine under My Computer as F: and G: drives DPM doesn't support USB drives. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://www.sivarajan.com/publications.html "MCSE4u" <MCSE4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1058183C-C0DA-491D-874B-4CE...

Data DeDuplication in DPM2010
Hi, We are new to DPM product. Does Data DeDuplication is available with DPM2010..? If yes is there any guide/document about how to test it or how it works in DPM2010. Thanks, Tejas Data Deduplication is not available with DPM 2010. But DPM stores only the changed data contents using VSS. It reduces space requirement between two recovery points, at the same time it don't do any disk space optimization if a single file is being protected from multiple servers/places. Can you please take a look at the following thread where DPM and Dedup related behavior is discusse...