DPM SRT and DPM2010

Question,

Is DPMSRT integrated within DPM2010, because the DPM2010 download on
"Microsoft Pratner download" still contains a copy of DPM2007 DPMSRT.
With DPM2007, we installed DPMSRT on a different system from the DPM2007
server and we had to reserve extra diskspace on the remote system for
SRT backup info. Is this still the case with DPM2010, or is the
diskspace used for normal backup operations from DPM2010 also used for
DMPSRT purposes.

Thanks for your reply,
0
wasdanou

Found the answer on:
http://www.scdpmonline.org/dpm-2010-bare-metal-recovery.aspx

Op 20-5-2010 9:16, wasdanou schreef:
> Question,
>
> Is DPMSRT integrated within DPM2010, because the DPM2010 download on
> "Microsoft Pratner download" still contains a copy of DPM2007 DPMSRT.
> With DPM2007, we installed DPMSRT on a different system from the DPM2007
> server and we had to reserve extra diskspace on the remote system for
> SRT backup info. Is this still the case with DPM2010, or is the
> diskspace used for normal backup operations from DPM2010 also used for
> DMPSRT purposes.
>
> Thanks for your reply,

sql end user recovery dpm 2010
Hi, we are trying dpm 2010. for this we have installed the dpm agent on both nodes of a cluster. All mssql backups succeed succesfully. When I try to configure the sql end user recovery option I cannot enter the cluster instance name without specifying a database. I have checked this with a standalone mssql server, works fine there. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? Can you please try giving the names in the following format? 1. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName> for default SQL Instance 2. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName>\&l...

Agent not reachable error on Secondary DPM Server
Hi, We have two DPM 2007 Servers operating within our company. We had an issue with one of our file servers and therefore had to reinstall the DPM agent via the DPM Agent tab. This server is backed up on the primary DPM server and then again on the secondary for redundancy. The primary server can see the DPM agent no problem and is backing up as expected. The secondary server is backing up the data as usual, however it is continuious alerting the fact that the agent isn't reachable. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks in advance. Hi David thanks for reaching the n...

DPM 2010 Consistency Checks
I upgraded from DPM 2007 to 2010 (a week now) and ever since I have 3 servers that are still running consistency checks. Prior to the upgrade I never had this problem. I did install all the required Windows patches to the protected servers (rebooted several times) prior to the upgrade. The protected server volumes are also being protected by DFSR but that has never been an issue before. Is there something different with the DPM 2010 agent that would be affecting agent protection? ...

How to use DPM 2007 SP1 to protection Windows XP
I always used admin console install agent to windows xp client pc. I can creat this xp files recover point in admin console. I always install the Shadow copy client software in windows xp and enabled End-User Recovery in the Configure Active Directory dialog box. But I don't know how to recover the files at windows xp client pc. The following article describes how to perform End user recovery. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb809144.aspx Thanks, Vikash Jain [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranies, and confers no rights] "cheme_smew...

DPM Agent fails when pushed from Server 2008 R2 KB970868
Hello, I am unable install agent using the DPM GUI on remote machines and installation progress halts at 6%. I receive numerous DCOM errors on server and client side. I have fully patched the system with windows updates. I am stuck and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time. Al The application-specific permission settings do not grant Remote Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {CC7D8A18-C386-48D5-9906-4FFC77A39788} and APPID {A3B9D3F4-2477-4F95-B2D1-F75B0FDF2A0E} to the user domain\EID6100$ SID (...

Moved SharePoint DB using SQL Alias unable to backup with DPM2010 RC
Hello: I am unable to backup our SharePoint 2007 farm due to error 956. DPM cannot protect your Windows SharePoint Service farm until you install agents on the following servers: <Virtual Server IP> Farm consists of 3 WFEs and a SQL 2008 Failover Cluster with 2 nodes, all running Windows 2008 R2. Agent is installed on 1 WFE and both SQL servers. The SQL connection is aliased. When I run ConfigureSharepoint -ResolveAllSqlAliases it reports each of the databases with an acceptable clustername. (eg Database Name: SharePoint_Config, Alias Name:<Alias IP>, Logical Pa...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

DPM 2010 RC x86 version
Hi, Is there a 32 bit version of DPM2010 RC? I downloaded the RC from the Microsoft Connect site and tried to run it on my server that currently runs 2007 to upgrade it and it said it was not a vaild win32 application. The download did not specify weather it was 32 bit or 64 bit really. I remember in a couple of webcasts they said that a 32 bit version would be available. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks DPM 2010 will only run on a WS08 & WS08R2 x64 machine. If you are running DPM 2007 SP1 on an x64 machine, then you there will be an inplace upgrade. If yo...

DPM 2010 question
Hello, I have some questions about Data Protection Manager 2010: 1. How to configure a Protection Group, when this Protection Group makes the backup, to overwrite a tape that is already linked to a Protection Group? 2. How to configure a Protection Group to perform the backup of folders that are already configured on another Protection Group? 3. How to catalog a tape manually (changing the catalog name)? 4, How to link two or more Protection Groups to one tape? 5. How to erase a tape that is linked to a Protection Group? 6. How to mark the tape that is linked t...

DPM 2010 RC Tape selection
Has the order of selecting tapes changed in DPM 2010?? With 2007 it would always the highest numbered tape and work it's way down, but it seems that 2010 is doing it the other way...is this correct?? The selection order remains same, have you enabled Tape colocation? In such cases it may end-up using the same tape even if it is placed in a lower number slot. Can you please elaborate on the problems if it chooses a different order, were you using this as a work-around to force the next backup to go to a particular tape? Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is pr...

DPM 2007 SP1: NullReferenceException ReplicationOperationTypeLock
Hi, DPM Service quits with NullReferenceException in Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.ReplicationOperationTypeLock..ctor Do you have any advice how to mitigate this? Thanks for any thought! Adrian ...

On DPM 2010
Unable to connect to the Active Directory Domain Services database. Make sure that the DPM server is a member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the DPM server and the domain controller. ID: 7 Details: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist (0x8007200A) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31578130/hithis-is-permissions-is.aspx http://msmvps.com/blogs/daniel/archive/2006/02/15/83677.aspx -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA ...

Error installing DPM agent to server in trusted domain
I am running into an issue after restarting my DPM server. I had a server in a different, two-way trusted domain being backed up, but after the restart of the dpm server, the agent could not be contacted. I followed some general steps including removing the dpm agent from the target system and now cannot add the agent back to any system in that separate domain. When I push an agent to a system in the same domain as the dpm server, I have no issues. When I attempt to push it to a server in the trusted domain, the dpm console just errors out and prompts me to either send the error...

DPM and disk management
When I try to open Disk Management it takes a very long time and soemtimes it just hangs. Once is opened I see hundreds of partitions that have been created by DPM. Is this the reason Disk Management takes so long to open? Are there any strategies for consoloditating these partitions? I have five protection groups but some of these protection groups have over 100 datasources. Is this why so many partitions get created and if so how can I make this more efficient? When I try to allocate more disk space to a recovery point it takes a very long time for the window with the...

DPM Failed to communicate with protection agent
Hi, We have installed DPM 2010RC and SharePoint 2010Beta (stand alone installation). We have backed up data and when we try to restore one file back to original location without using recovery farm we are getting below error message. DPM failed to communicate with the protection agent on <SharePoint_SERVERNAME> becuase the agent is not responding. (ID:43) The agent staus shows OK. Any Suggestion.. Once this issue is reproed, can you please mail the logs present under %DPMINSTALLDIR%\temp\* from both DPM and the Sharepoint Server to praveend [at] microsoft [dot] ...

DPM 2010 RC Release date
Hi, the webcast for DPM2010 mentioned that the RC version would be released the first week of February. Is there a new date? No set date that I have seen, but news has leaked that the product will be out in the next several days. "John H" wrote: > Hi, the webcast for DPM2010 mentioned that the RC version would be released > the first week of February. Is there a new date? Jason Buffington tweeted yesterday that it was getting baked at that moment so today or tomorrow it will probably available Cheers, Mike Visit system center user group belgium @ http...

DPM 2010 RC on an IPSec Network
Hello, we are using DPM 2010 RC running on Windows Server 2008 R2. We are in the process of enabling IPSec on our network. We enabled IPSec (Computer and User Auth using Kerberos - set to Request In/Request Out) on our DPM server and one of its protected servers at the same time. As soon as we enabled IPSec on these servers, some of our backup jobs have begun to fail. For example, we backup some databases every 15 minutes. The majority of the jobs work, but one out of every 5 of 6 jobs fail, then the next time it runs, it is successful. The behavior is only exhibited on our ...

Restore Dpm2010 backups with Dpm 2007 possible?
We have Dpm2010 Rc running , Because of a license issue we possible have to go back to Dpm2007: Is it possible to use the Dpm2010 backups within Dpm 2007? Thanks No this is not a supported scenario. DPM 2007 might not be able to understand the backup metadata schema used in DPM 2010. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. "Mattu53...

DPM 2010RC: Modify amount of clients protected
I setup a client protection group and put the number of clients at 9, and the number of GB per client at 40. I have been using DPM with clients and it's been going well. I now have more than 9 clients I want to protect and I thought I could just keep adding them, but it seems not. When I look at "modify Disk Allocation" I have number of computer set at 9, and Data per computer set at 40 which I can move up but not down. The space allocated in DPM is 561GB. At this point with the 9 computers I have set I'm using 240GB of 400 for the replica volume (co-located) a...

Restoring shares WITH share permissions using DPM
I'm backing up about 58 shares (using DPM 2007 SP1) and need to restore said shares to another (duplicate) server. Upon restore, the share permissions are missing, while the security permissions remain intact. I'm backing up what appears to be volumes and shares so I can recover either way as well....but the results are the same, no share permissions restored. Is there a step\process I'm missing???? Any help appreciated! Restoring share permissions is not supported by DPM. Though DPM allows protecting at share level, it backups/restores data underneath it incl...

Synchronization of protected fileserver cluster failed with DPM 20
Hi, every sync job fails with error ID 104 - unknown parameter. The only way to get snapshots is to run a (long running) consistency check and to create a recovery point after this manually. The following autom. syncjob will fail. The fileserver cluster hosts NFS Shares for Unix Clients; both server (DPM and protected file server cluster) are running case sensitive Window Kernels. I remember this issue on DPM 2007, but I do not know any solution. With Kind Regards! -Raffael- Hi , Can you pls send across the dpmra*.errlog files of both the DPM and Prod Servers from the fol...

DPM 2010 V3 Beta and DFSR\DC
This is for users protecting DFSR\DC using DPM 2010 V3 Beta. Issue: DFSR replication will stop with error 4004 (Overlapped IO Operation in progress) on servers being protected by DPM. Root Cause: The issue was figured out to be with DFSR and a qfe would be released for this. Workaround: Till the qfe is released, Please follow the following steps on your protected servers where DFSR is configured (including Domain controllers using DFSR) and is being protected by DPM On the server which is being protected by DPM: Stop the DPMRA: Ne...

restored dpm 2007 server oddness
I've restored my dpm server. Looks to be working, unfornately it doesn't seem to be processing schedules. Example, if i do a create recovery point disk, I'll see that time stamp as recoverable time in dpm. I have the DPM server doing a recovery point in Exchange every two hours, the schedule does not appear to fail, I don't see it in completed, and obviously can't restore to it if needed. Yet under protection option, everything appears great with green checkmarks. Anyone have issues with a restored DPM server? thanks Can you please make s...

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error
Hi, I have constant problem with back up of Hyper-V virtual machines using DPM 2007 and just wonder if you could help me. Configuration: Host – DELL PE 2950 with Windows Server 2008 SP2. Guests – 5 Virtual machines with Windows Server 2008 SP 2 sitting on local SAS drivers. Two problematic servers are on separated volume than rest. No space issue. My problem is that backup usually works for 1-2 months and then stops on two from five machines with following error: DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3) (0x800423F3)) When I execu...

DPM 2010
Does anyone have a definitive list of supported tape libraries for DPM 2010? We currently use DPM 2007 and the list of supported libraries was not very large. Hopefully this has been increased for 2010 especially for fibre channel libraries. Thanks Please find the DPM tested libraries at: http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/en/us/data-protection-manager/dpm-tape-libraries.aspx -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum...